[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a "Nintendo literally only makes new Mario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
>It's a "Nintendo literally only makes new Mario and Zelda games anymore" episode
>It's a "Nintendo tries to give fans what they've been asking for by reviving an old franchise only to ruin it with arbitrary control schemes that only detract from the experience" episode
>It's a "Nintendo literally ignores all of the franchises it tried to pretend it still had a hold on with Nintendo Land and does nothing new with them or anything actually new or original" episode

I own literally every nintendo console, and i'm so fucking sick of how retarded nintendo is right now. Really not trying to start a flame war. i own a ps4, have a PC. but holy shit, nintendo has done nothing new for ages. what the fuck is going on? where's the new true metroid for 3ds? where's the new f-zero? for fucks sake where the fuck is the true successor to mario galaxy? they're literally doing nothing.
>>
>Nintendo has done nothing new!
>Where's the sequels to old games at!?

This is the fallacy Nintendo is currently in. No matter what they do, they'll have done it "wrong" by the public's ever changing and conflicting standards.
>>
>>342580949
Nobody would shut the fuck up about Splatoon on release, so I don't find this very accurate. Nintendo is clearly capable of making new IPs that people enjoy, they just don't that often.
>>
>>342580374
>Done nothing new for Metroid
>Ignores Federation Force
>"THIS IS NOT METROID"
>>
Nintendo's problem is they have a goofy system in how they manage properties. Everything has to be in the hands of a producer that dictates how the whole thing moves forward.

Sometimes those producers just don't bother moving forward with it (like Sakamoto with Metroid) or the series gets abandoned and is now an orphan with no producer and thus only gets a new game once every blue moon (F-Zero, Wario, most of their really old ones)

They never seem keen on allowing their franchises to change hands. Even after Sakamoto dropped the ball completely with Metroid and decided to give up on it in favor of Tomodachi Life, Nintendo still insists that he be the one in charge of the whole thing and won't let it move forward unless he allows it.

This either leads to series being abandoned or simply feeling very samey since they keep the same team through most of their existence.
>>
File: leddit cancer.jpg (162 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
leddit cancer.jpg
162 KB, 500x492
>>342580374
>>
>>342581447
Because it's not its fucking soccer
>>
>>342580374
>Miyamoto said that Mario is getting huge changes in the next 2 years
>Zelda is open world for the first time since TLoZ.
>No significant use of motion controls or gimmicks.
You're an idiot. Things could not look better for them.
>>
>>342581598
Are you retarded? That's a minigame.
>>
>>342581598
>"I've only watched NWC footage of FF"
>>
File: 1416619281766.png (317 KB, 424x500) Image search: [Google]
1416619281766.png
317 KB, 424x500
>>342581701
You're a minigame.
>>
What is with the rise of anti-Nintendo Shitposters lately?

Is it the salt from BoTW?
>>
>>342582298
Yes
>>
File: image.jpg (458 KB, 926x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458 KB, 926x869
>we will never see another F-Zero again
>we will never see another WarioWare again
>we might never see another Xenoblade again
I know Nintendo's bad when I'm constantly running roulette spins in my head of how scenarios for new releases of my favorite games will pan out.
>>
>>342580374
NX, my friend. It will all be there.
>>
>>342581632
I think it's still too early to say. If what they've been saying recently is honest, the NX could be a game changer, but I won't trust them until I see it myself.

In particular I really hope Aonuma's statements about bringing his BotW team around to try and "modernize" things in other games to be serious. What they're doing with Zelda already seems like a big step in the right direction. A franchise like Mario could desperately use a shot in the arm like Zelda is getting.
>>
>>342582583
>we will never see another WarioWare again
>we might never see another Xenoblade again

Nintendo seems to like Monolith and we just got a Xeno game like, last year. WarioWare is just taking a while because IS is busy (you should say we'll never get another good WarioWare because IS is awful now)

Maybe you should replace those with Wario Land and Advance Wars or something like that.
>>
>>342581216
>they just don't that often
LAST YEAR
>>
File: 1466114469985-v.jpg (121 KB, 509x501) Image search: [Google]
1466114469985-v.jpg
121 KB, 509x501
Post yfw you got a wiiu
(I don't have one but I'm going to get one for the few titles I see that are more worthwhile then what I see on other current generation consoles.)
>>
File: flag vs flag.webm (3 MB, 224x360) Image search: [Google]
flag vs flag.webm
3 MB, 224x360
>>342580374
Top is Nintendo
Bottom is Sony
>>
Let's just say by some wild chance the NX debuts and is a smash hit. Where does the Nintendoomed narrative go from there?
>>
File: mamamerkel.jpg (98 KB, 886x640) Image search: [Google]
mamamerkel.jpg
98 KB, 886x640
>>342583687
It means in a capitalist world you can sell memes and live off selling memes
>>
>>342583687
There will still be plenty of "rehash!" "kiddy casual machine!" "waggle gimmicks!" crying like there was during the Wii. Probably some people comparing it to the Wii and saying it won't last.
>>
>It's an "Anon thinks the Nintendo Seal of Quality meant anything other than the game being glanced over to confirm it worked on the platform is was made for" episode
>>
>>342582298
Yes.
>>
File: rando_and_buddy.jpg (43 KB, 312x278) Image search: [Google]
rando_and_buddy.jpg
43 KB, 312x278
>>342580374
>remake star Fox 64 twice in a row
>remake every 3D Zelda except Skyward sword in a single console generation
>decade since last F-zero
>>
File: WAA!.gif (794 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
WAA!.gif
794 KB, 365x365
>>342582583
>wahh my favorite niche things won't get a future
>but if they do they won't be exactly what I want
Fuck off, faggot. XCX literally came out half a year ago and you'd be retarded to think WarioWare is dead when its guaranteed money for every Nintendo system.

Fuck, even F-Zero's death is bullshit when we know for a fact Nintendo has been talking to various devs for years about making a new entry. Criterion confirmed this not long ago.

If you wanna weep for Eternal Darkness or Wonderful 101, fine. But those examples are shit.
>>
>>342583551
Sony is a meme that retards have fallen for and is about to fail horribly and cause /pol/ to blow up?
>>
>>342583687
>It's a bad console because of some arbitrary and unexplained critera
>It doesn't have Bloodborne
>[thing that sets it apart] is dogshit
>Wii U was better (you know they'll say it this is /v/)
>Only children play Nintendo unlike mature gamers like myself
Shitposting never stops senpai.
>>
>>342584127
>Wii U was better (you know they'll say it this is /v/)

I never even thought about this but that sounds exactly like /v/. I can't even imagine how they will justify saying such a thing, though.
>>
>>342584268
>justify
cmon we're all anonymous here and most of us just want to be noticed and replied to.
>>
>tfw F-Zero keeps getting fucked over for more than a decade
>>
>>342584268
The NX will be better. But why is Wii U a bad console?
>>
>>342580374
>Nintendo has done nothing new in ages
>Where are all these old games

Your problem is Nintendo has been doing too much new things.
>>
>>342584490
From what I can tell the controller isn't great in terms of comfort and the gimmick it offers isn't worth it. Also lack of titles iirc.
>>
>>342584490
It's not bad, it's just not very outstanding in any particular way. There's only a handful of games that I'd say are truly great, and Nintendo seemingly abandoned the thing halfway through its life. It's got some good games in your standard Nintendo franchises like Mario Kart and what not but those hardly seem like things worth noting since basically every Nintendo console has good games in their standard franchises (and often times more of them. Wii U didn't even get series like Animal Crossing or Metroid). I think it would be very easy to top in terms of content.
>>
>>342584596
I don't know about the discomfort. It only LOOKS uncomfortable.
The lack of titles is the only bad thing I can really think of right now.
>>
>>342584596
The controller is more comfortable than it looks, but it's still a poorly designed gimmick. It's only really unique use would be asymmetrical multiplayer which Nintendo only barely scratched the surface of at the things launch and then never touched it again.

Even Aonuma had to admit that it was stupid to have to keep looking down at your controller when you could just be watching your TV.

Plus it burns through power like a motherfucker.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x805) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x805
>It's a Nintendo tried hard to be relevant while they're even more irrelevant than they've been before episode
>>
>>342584802
I'm pretty bummed out that Wii U didn't get an actual Animal Crossing game.
>>
>>342584957
Or nobody actually wants innovation and instead wants the same boring consoles over and over again.
>Nintendo trying new things = gimmick
>Sony and Xbox upgrades = innovation
>>
>>342585106
I don't want "innovative" hardware or controllers, I want stronger hardware and great games.
>>
>>342585174
Why not all of it?
>>
>>342585284
Because I don't want to waggle a controller or have to look down on another screen. I want a comfortable and efficient controller, good hardware and great games.

I own a PS4 and a Wii U, I prefer my PS4.
>>
>>342584957
Enjoy your time while it lasts, for the destructor is coming.
That's what I hope Reggie is thinking.
Although he could be like wow, just because I work for Nintendo doesn't mean I have to be an ass and ignore other stuff at E3.
>>
>>342585354
Are you my cousin?
Keith?
>>
>>342585106
this
>>
>>342585424
No, anon.
>>
>>342585508
Damn.
Well can you pretend to be him?
>>
>>342580374
stop regurgitating other peoples thoughts and just talk
>>
>>342585354
What about the Pro Controller?
>>
>>342584490
Because not enough gritty first person shooters and muh hardcore fantasy games.
Actually, I dunno.
It seems the best games for it are, of course, the first party titles.
>>
>>342585610
The first party titles will always be the best games on Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>342585576
Don't really it as worth it. I used the Classic Controller Pro on Bayonetta 2 and it was very comfy and better though.

>>342585532
Only if you be my bf.
>>
>>342585698
B-b-but, I'm a dude!
Gross!
Wait, are you a girl?
Girls don't play games.
>>
>>342583687
It'll be hard, the console lock in is starting to get real.

Soon, you'll find that jumping ship is harder. Blame it on Digital.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 280x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 280x323
>>342586027
B-but I'm a girl, a-anon...
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.