[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of G2A's controversy? http://tinybu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 26
What do you think of G2A's controversy?

http://tinybuild.com/g2a-sold-450k-worth-of-our-game-keys
>>
In summary:

>you make game
>you sell game
>but you receive no payment because credit card used is stolen
>meanwhile your keys are being resold somewhere else for half price
>>
>>342575534
another indie """"""DEV"""""" mad they didn't get more money
>>
>>342575813

me?
No, I just like indies and I'm worried.
>>
>>342575813
they were bought for legit cards though and they did get 200k but they wanted 400+ lol
>>
>>342576071
>implying there is anything wrong about wanting money for your product
Enjoy your tendies while they last.
>>
>>342575534
>can't even do a simple thing like track down which keys were bought with stolen credit cards
yeah, no. indie dev plays the victim card as usual.
>>
>>342576145
They couldn't have been resold if they were bought with a legit card, because they would have actually paid full price and lost money when reselling.
>>
>can't determine which keys were fraudulent
>not creating a database that saves all generated keys associated with the transaction number they were generated under in order to deactivate them in the case of chargeback/fraud

Come on now. Use your fucking brain.
>>
>>342576878
Most people aren't prepared for credit card fraud until it happens to their business. Most people are blissfully unaware of how massive the stolen credit card "industry" really is.
>>
>>342576878

Wouldn't you be pissing off a lot of people who already bough those keys from somewhere else?
>>
File: 2NrWDrH[2].png (148 KB, 499x397) Image search: [Google]
2NrWDrH[2].png
148 KB, 499x397
>>342576759
or, you buy it in russia for 500 blyats, which is worth about 30 american cents, and then you take that key and sell it in america, for "half price", 15 bucks, and since steam and valve cant really just en masse block 250,000 keys because its technically not the buyers fault he got scammed by some rusky work aroun-

basically, tl:dr, not only can it happen, its the entire reason steam had that seperation of russian and other players debacle like 2 years ago yadda yadda
>>
>shit game company
>where's muh money?!

where have i seen this before
>>
>>342576071
>Not getting money for your work
Hmm
>>
>>342577089
Oh, to be blissfully unaware of how awful a place the world is.

>>342577129
They can bitch at G2A about it.

All you have to do is put a little press release out: "We have a system that deactivates codes from fraudulent/chargeback transactions. If your code has been deactivated and you purchased it directly from us, contact us at [Email] and include [relevant details]. If the key was purchased through a third party seller, please contact them. Thank you."

And they can suck goddamn eggs. If you want my game you can buy it from me or a reputable seller. I don't give a fuck if you paid somebody for it if I never got paid for it.
>>
File: wat.png (12 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
12 KB, 125x125
>>342575813
i...what?

if the keys are bought with STOLEN credit cards, they think they deserve MORE of the stolen money?

if i steal a fucking tv from a store, and sell it you random joe bob, do you go to joe bob and complain he owes you the other half of the price of the tv? or do you fucking go to me, who STOLE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
>>342577301
>tl;dr i am retarded and dont know shit, but this is /v/ so I will post anyway
You know that russian codes are region locked
>>
>>342577701
Somebody doesn't know how chargeback works.

The only people who even have an inkling of who used the stolen card information is the bank, and they won't tell you jack shit. Good luck magically figuring out who stole their card number and going after them. And you can't even dispute anything with the bank, they just take the money back and you're stuck dead in the fucking water.

The ONLY way to remedy this is by retrieving the stolen property - in this case, deactivating the game key.

In a similar vein, if I can prove that joe bob's TV is the one you stole from me, I can legally take it back from him.
>>
File: wut.jpg (9 KB, 156x128) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
9 KB, 156x128
>>342577918
>its the entire reason steam had that seperation of russian and other players debacle like 2 years ago yadda yadda

hmmm. i wonder why thats the last sentence of that post
>>
>>342575534
1. theyre lying. they try to factor in the full game price for every hypothetical sale even though theyve done bundles and stuff before
2. theyre faggots
3. i do hope g2a kills indie fags, fuck them.
>>
>>342577950
thats completely irrelevant. just because you have no other options, dosent mean its suddenly correct to hit up the consumers for the other half like they deserved it. for starters, how many of those people would of bought the game if it wasnt half price? they didnt "lose" 250 k, because that money didnt exist
>>
>>342578216
fuck, if anything, the indi dev should be refunding all the money earned from the stolen credit card purchases back to the people who ACTUALLY got stolen from, the credit card owners. how many of these people who got their cards stolen in the first place do you think even plays fucking videogames. your grandma who got her card scammed in an email was REALLY actually going to buy insertindigamehere? "we lost a sale because of you, grandma!"
>>
>>342578216
I'm not really sure if I get your point. Even in that article, they're not "hitting up the consumers." they're calling for a reform on how G2A does their "business" so that thieves can't profit off of it.
>>
even without taking this into account, g2a have already proven to be a pile of dogshit as a key site in the past, so I'm not sure why you would use them. there are better key sites out there
>>
>>342575813
why do people assume all keys being sold are stolen?
I have 60 euro in my g2a wallet from humble bundle games I didn't want.
>>
>>342578425
its literally labelled we lost g2a sold 450k of our games. the first paragraph says "For a while now our devs have been getting e-mails from G2A with proposals to work together. We no longer actively jump on additional distribution opportunities"
>we did, but now we no longer actively jump onto distribution opportunities with G2A

its literally a kid yelling about how somebody made money selling discounted things of a game they were not willing to discount themselves. guess what, you want that massive drove of sales because the game was half price?

MAKE IT HALF PRICE
>>
>>342578538
Of course there are legit keys on G2A. The entire purpose of the website is exactly what you mentioned: Selling games that you got from a bundle that you didn't want.

The problem happens when retard devs don't have a way to disable keys when they get a chargeback request.
>>
>>342575534
this would make me feel really bad if tiny build didn't really make anything but shit games that are already very easily pirate-able.

who fucking cares. make some games that don't suck
>>
I blame the banks that allow chargebacks and enable the abuse of it.
>>
Everyone knows that g2a is a gray market. They fence video games that have been charged back. But nobody says anything because of cheap games.
>>
I don't really give a shit about this shitty dev, but anything that fucks up g2a is fine with me.
Either pirate the game or buy it, don't buy it from a goddamn Russian reseller.
>>
File: 1362017121079.jpg (43 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1362017121079.jpg
43 KB, 366x380
>fags defending literal thieves
>>
>We told Polygon!!!!

Well fuck them.
>>
>>342576246
>implying there's anything wrong with wanting to get products cheaper
Free market, his wallet is not my problem.
>>
>>342579813
>stealing credit card info to buy games for nothing and sell them for half
>free market
>>
until they make it to where I lose the games I bought from g2a I am going to keep doing it. Fuck paying full price
>>
>>342579875
>implying every single key on G2A is stolen
Fuck off. Even if the key I'm buying is stolen, I can't, within reason, be expected to know, look for, or account for that.
>>
>>342579916
So you would rather give your money to niggers?
>>
>>342579813
>his wallet is not my problem

Until you realize they no longer make games for you to play because they get no money from it.
But you're going to say that you don't even like indie games right?
>>
>>342579995
>I didn't know that phone that nigger was selling in the street was stolen so I'm not accountable!
Fuck off
>>
>>342580086
Again, his wallet, in fact, is not my problem. Regardless of the quality of indieshit, if he can't afford to make games anymore, I'll play something else. I have my own wallet to worry about.

>>342580152
>le ebin straw man XDDD
>>
>>342579995
>Fuck off. Even if the key I'm buying is stolen, I can't, within reason, be expected to know, look for, or account for that.

wew, dont quit your day job, law is totally not your think
>>
>>342579995
>Even if the key I'm buying is stolen, I can't, within reason, be expected to know, look for, or account for that.
Or you know, you could not buy from individuals on G2A, and just buy from G2A directly. Everyone in his right mind would know that a reselling market for individual keys is a bad and very sketchy idea. Its not rocket science man.

At least with G2A direct sells, the keys are bundle keys, usually from other countries markets and not stolen.
>>
>>342580314
I stand that, just because one of the keys that's being sold might be stolen, doesn't mean it's my problem, legally or ethically, that I've bought from that service.

Instead of just telling me I don't know what I'm talking about, why don't you tell me why it is my legal responsibility?
>>
>>342580086
Nah, I play indie games.
But not those. I only play ones made by you guys. 4channers.
>>
>>342575534
>all the indie """"DEVS"""" on /v/ crying
you deserve shit
>>
>>342578360
I think they did. Otherwise they wouldn't be complaining.
>>
>Kinguin has confirmed 165 sales on fucking Rocket League

Sites like that are not relevant at all.
Indie devs need to stop crying.
>>
>>342575534
I don't think anyone gives a shit because the games are cheap. Streamers get paid to advertise them and I think that's as far as their loyalty goes. Us averagefags have no issues buying off third party sites until the day the keys get deactivated. It hasn't happened on Steam yet, thank God.
>>
>>342575534
/v/ goes into reactionary contrarianism as always.
>>
>>342577701
Fuck /v/.

Your comment personifies /v/, you don't understand the situation at all you fucking retard yet you want to hate some group you perceive as negative so bad you shit post about it.

>or do you fucking go to me, who STOLE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE

You mean like they fucking did? They went after G2A. Why didn't they just deactivate the stolen keys? Because it would make people upset who bought the game through G2A. They specifically did not fuck consumers and went after the people behind it. Kill yourself you insufferable cunt.
>>
>>342578641
No it's not. Read the fucking details of the article you mongoloid. Holy shit do people on this site lack the basic ability to read?

The keys were BOUGHT. They did not work with G2A. The cards used to buy the keys were off a list of stolen credit cards. All of this resulted in no actual money made from them. They went after G2A but they cannot do anything. They AVOIDED screwing over the consumer because technically, even if they didn't get the money, they paid.

Kill your fucking self holy god damn shit.
>>
>>342578538

A while back a dev saw his game being sold on g2a but realized he never gave out any keys to distributors so he bought it and found out it was a review copy he gave to some guy pretending to be a youtube reviewer.

A while later a bunch of keys from some ubisoft game were being sold on g2a and it turns out that they were stolen and ubisoft banned all of them.

This lead to the whole G2A is a scam site meme.
>>
>>342575534
No idea, many other indie games I see on G2A are still priced within a dollar or two of their Steam version (like Enter the Gungeon). IMO Tiny Build just fucked up. I check G2A fairly often to see if there's a deep discount, and often for many indie games I l want to buy, there isn't one.
>>
>>342575534
I think they should be glad they got money at all, because no one would buy their game without G2A
>>
File: 1466474519813.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1466474519813.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>342575534
Honestly, in an industry as broken and greedy as the video games industry, it doesn't surprise me one bit that people are now literally stealing games from producers and selling said stolen games.
>>
>>342575813
lol fucking good. Indie devs need to burn in hell for making their shitty ms paint and flash games. Next up steam needs to kick the shitfest of weebly games/VN off of steam.
>>
>>342584474
>A while later a bunch of keys from some ubisoft game were being sold on g2a and it turns out that they were stolen and ubisoft banned all of them.
Ubisoft then lifted the ban from memory.
>>
File: 1466105951982.png (134 KB, 239x387) Image search: [Google]
1466105951982.png
134 KB, 239x387
G2A is a place for legit keys!!

Nah G2A is a hub of East European credit card fraud and G2A plays the wronged party when it's whole business model I'd taking a cut from the criminal acts of Romanians and Russkies.
>>
>>342575534
Aren't most of the keys on G2A legit meaning the devs still get money from them?
>>
If people are only willing to buy your shitty game at half price, trying making that the actual retail price.
>>
>>342580541
it's illegal to possess stolen items if it's reasonable to assume that they might have been stolen in the vast majority of countries
>>
>>342575534
Its simple, dont buy games off g2a if you want to support the developer of the game you're getting.

A solution would be game companies telling g2a to not allow sale of their games. Just like ubisoft did and--- oh wait ubisoft did say they didnt support their games on g2a and started deaactiving all keys but g2a would still allow ubisoft games to be sold there..Fuck g2a
>>
>>342575534
>>342575813
>>342577701
This entire problem relies on the fact that they sell keys, which you cant deactivate but once you give out the cats out the bag.
Its 100% the devs fault and they deserve what happened, instead of complaining they should fix their system.
>>
>>342584590
>i want to be bent over a barrel by the triple a industry forever
What a cuck
>>
>>342584752

>make AAA Zelda: Breath of the Wind 4K ultra game of the year
>charge $60
>someone steals a million copies and sells it at $30
>hurd durrr if people are only willing to buy your shitty game at half price, trying making that the actual retail price.
>>
File: 1458037155712.jpg (81 KB, 529x399) Image search: [Google]
1458037155712.jpg
81 KB, 529x399
>>342584867
>I literally cannot read
>But I can make pooost
Gas this fucking thread and every retard like you who can't even read what OP linked
>>
>>342575534
Booohoo. They should be happy anyone is even playing their shitty game because I would not even pirate that crap.
>>
It's a pretty shitty game, ain't no one paying full price for that/
>>
>>342584968
That's a poor analogy, since the vast majority of the market would still buy it at $60.
People literally do exploit regions to sell games at discounted prices all the time too. For instance I buy all of my games at a discount from an Australian store that imports games from England.
>>
>Punch Club Global: 1,251 units sold on G2A

Oh no!
>>
>>342584725
Devs doesnt get full price...
Credit card thiefs buys hundreds or thousands of keys thats on sale. So meaning a indie dev who puts his game on sale for the weekend now gotta deal with months of his game being sold for lower then the original price. Meaning the over the weekend sale now turned into a month long sale where he doesnt get the full price..
>>
>>342575534
>Get ahold of a database of stolen credit cards on the darkweb

This is pretty fucking far fetched. "Database of stolen credit cards"? Really? It's like something you'd hear on Law & Order or CSI.

The LOGICAL assumption would be that people buy games at the cheapest possible price using a VPN to change their region and then selling it for a higher price which still happens to be lower than what somebody might be paying in their region. I don't see a problem with that because I don't have much money so I'm either going to buy a game for cheap or pirate it.
>>
>>342585032
the article says that they were selling K E Y S on their site, people bought a shitton of them then charged them back, boo hoo.
Now if you sell a person the key, he has the key and you cannot deactivate it nor take it back, because the guy already copied it. Thus this systems wrongs were the developers fault and not my concern
>>
>>342585289
FUCKING

READ

OP'S

LINK

>A lot of people have been asking about revoking keys. It seems like an easy no brainer solution – simply disable the keys that leaked or are being sold illegally. The problem with this is a bit more complex than you might think.
>You have some keys which are legit from bundles, others from a bunch of fraudent credit cards, and random keys scavenged from giveaways. These would be from at least 3 different batches. How do we track which one to disable? Now imagine when we have hundreds of these batches.
>Large corporations tackle this by having a ton of people working on tracking smaller batches, but we want to stay small & nimble. This means automating as much as possible. And even if we were to spend a ton of time on micromanaging this, it wouldn’t solve the overall problem. Awareness of the general issue is what makes an impact.
>>
>>342585272
Im guessing he's trying to imply something similiar to a botnet. Guy gets a hold of a large number of cards, holds them secretly for some time, then sells off the collection to someone like OP for a generous sum
>>
>>342585389

Did you read my explanation? It's a lot more believable than le darkweb credit card hackers.
>>
>>342579875
Dayum, maybe they should stop does people.
Until then, i'll keep buying my games for like half their usual price, eat shit moralcucks.
>>
File: g2a.png (66 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
g2a.png
66 KB, 500x290
>>342575534
G2A answered.
https://www.g2a.co/tinyBuild-fraud-allegation-g2a-statement

Summary is basically: it's much easier to bitch online about price undercutting than to actually recall keys you claim were stolen.
>>
>>342584590
edgy
>>
anyone even play the game?
make shit games get shit back

he's also trying to make it sound like a bigger deal than it really is by assuming everyone that bought their older games that have been out forever over a long period of time would have wanted to pay full price for them.

tinybuild publishes nothing but bad games and i'm ok with it if they go under.
>>
>>342585335
>>You have some keys which are legit from bundles, others from a bunch of fraudent credit cards, and random keys scavenged from giveaways. These would be from at least 3 different batches. How do we track which one to disable? Now imagine when we have hundreds of these batches.

Because they issued them in the first place. They're basically excusing their own negligence and poor organization.
>>
File: 1466132379153.jpg (53 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
1466132379153.jpg
53 KB, 500x625
I bet you faggots think that buying used games is stealing too.
>>
>>342585447
Yes could be the case but it doesnt explain some games being sold at less than half retail price and still making profit.
Though could be promotional offers like that guy who ordered and canceled 30 GPUs to get a ton of MGSV codes and sell them
>>
>>342585619
How is this anything like used games?
Go on, explain the logic behind that one.
>>
>>342585512
BTFO
>>
>>342576071
>Buy game directly from dev
>Chargeback
>Additional chargeback fee makes the sum the dev has to return higher than what they sold it for
>>
> Tinybuild
Oh, those faggots.
they can get fucked
>>
>>342585705
Used games = cheap games => less money to dev
G2A Resellers = cheap games => less money to dev
Then again I dont give a shit I pirate every game that doesnt have multiplayer and even then I dont pay for anything im not going to get more than 150hrs on
>>
Bought , Doom and rainbow six siege from them for less than half retail.

And the one time I didn't get a good key they refunded my money AND gave me a discount code on my next purchase

I have zero problem with them because I would have pirated doom and waited till siege was low price anyways or not even bought it
>>
File: 1464236229945.gif (2 MB, 260x229) Image search: [Google]
1464236229945.gif
2 MB, 260x229
>>342585137
>since the vast majority of the market would still buy the more expensive yet same product
>There won't be a billion threads about where to get your $30 copy flooding /v/ at all

Autism clouds your senses
>>
File: 1420032060591.jpg (42 KB, 620x460) Image search: [Google]
1420032060591.jpg
42 KB, 620x460
>anti-piracy shills
>anti-CD key shills now
Seriously, why is /v/ so suddenly under siege by mad as fuck moralfags?
Where to these subhumans come from?
>>
>>342585825
I LITERALLY provided an example of how you can get AAA games cheaper than retail price on launch and have been able to for years.
>>
>>342585825
Do you see a ton of G2A, Kinguin, etc threads on /v/ even though they're always offering cheaper products, sometimes even more than 50% cheaper? There's your answer. Your average customer is simply not informed enough in these matters. Shit, you STILL see people buying games through Steam even though they don't even have the best discounts purely because it's convenient.
>>
>>342585857
They probably think G2A is a stronghold for criminal masterminds.
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4 KB, 302x237
>>342575534

I think if developers don't want me to buy keys from G2A and similar websites, they should start pricing their games competitively.

Capitalism in action.
>>
>>342585857
assblasted indie devs swarm /v/ now
>>
The clear solution is to only sell your game through major vendors like Steam, Uplay, origin, Gog, etc. that link the key immediately to an account. Why indiefags keep selling keys through humble and shit is beyond me, the extra profit just ain't worth the hassle.
>>
>game in one place is at $60
>game in another place is at $10-30
>never had an issue with the $10-30 option
>end up with the same product and same experience

Why would I pay $60?
Oh, and don't come with the ''b-but support devs ;___;'' because that's fucking laughable.
>>
If you're going to buy my game from G2A I would literally prefer if you just pirate it.
t. indie dev
>>
>>342586024
Now im just going to buy it from G2A to make you feel bad.
>>
>>342586024
I don't care, I want the game linked to my Steam account.
t. consumer
>>
>>342586024
>expecting me to pirate a reasonably priced product
Think I'm some kind of criminal?
>>
>>342586024
What's your game, I'm going to buy it now
>>
>>342585890

So you mean people will go for the cheapest alternative?
In conclusion companies should chop their prices in half to compete?
>>
Where should I go if I want to sell unused bundle keys?
>>
You'd be doing less damage by pirating

/thread
>>
>>342575534
What controversy? Grey market keysites have always been sketchy as fuck, why else do you think their prices are so low?
>>
File: 1379487737420.jpg (177 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1379487737420.jpg
177 KB, 960x768
>>342585857
i know, there's been so many angry crybabies in these threads
gives me that weird 'external agenda' feeling, am i being paranoid?
>>
>>342585824
Did you buy the shield protection thing?
>>
>>342575534
G2A are dodgy as shit, TinyBuild are inflating their claimed losses.
Both sides are faggots.
>>
Holy shit, just buy it legit or pirate it you double niggers
Devs don't get any money from Russian credit card thieves on G2A anyways, so what's the point
>>
>>342586358
not only credit card thieves also the exchange rate of third world countries like russia or brasilia help g2a. I wish there was separated net for third world shitholes.
>>
>>342586024
>>342586103
No seriously what game I'll buy it too
>>
>>342586358
>>342586505
Why, because some random moralfag on /v/ told me so?

>Devs don't get any money from Russian credit card thieves on G2A anyways, so what's the point

I've never given a single fuck about where my money goes to, what I care about is having ownership over the game.
I don't know what kind of virgin could give a fuck about this.
>>
File: 1449437974270.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449437974270.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>342586358
>Devs don't get any money from Russian credit card thieves on G2A anyways
Good.
>>
>>342586505
>I wish there was separated net for third world shitholes.

Imagine the shady shit you would find on there
>>
>I'm such an edgy anti-contrarian "STICK IT TO THE MAN" persona that I will literally buy from a company that doesn't pay the developers and get swindled out of my own cash instead of outright pirating

t. half of this thread
>>
>>342586358
It's not illegal to buy it on g2a, even if it's cheaper
You get the game legitimately, and in countries like the UK where it's a nanny state you can't get in trouble
>>
File: 1466714396445.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466714396445.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>moral obligation not to pirate
>now a moral obligation not to buy things at cheaper prices when available

Thanks devs
>>
>>342586358
>Holy shit, just buy it legit or pirate it
>buy it legit

But the keys on G2A are legitimate keys. They can be used to play online unlike pirated versions of games. You're telling people to pay more just because.

How about you end your life.
>>
>>342586602
>people who want cheap shit are edgy contrarians
Oy vey, don't worry my shoah, i'll purchase all my future games on Steam for only $69.99!
>>
>>342586552
I hope you never complain about the stagnation in videogames you are the main problem why nobody takes risks.
>>
>>342586707
>Indie devs
>Taking risks
End your life now.
>>
>>342586602
>mad as fuck moralcucks
Delicious.

I'm going to keep buying keys from G2A and there's literally nothing you can do or say that will make me stop doing so.

>>342586707
99% of the indie market is shovelware that's not worth even pirating, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>342586732
so you only buy and play indie shit nice to know.
>>
File: barber-meme-batman.png (261 KB, 548x529) Image search: [Google]
barber-meme-batman.png
261 KB, 548x529
>>342586602
Fuck off faggot not everyone is a richfag living off daddy's money like you are.
>>
>>342586707
Yeah, indie games take risks such as making 2D, ''pixel-art'' RPG games, Minecraft spinoffs and recycled shit from the arcade era.
>>
>>342586547
>Ownership of a game
Not only do you technically not own the game, but it's also just a digital copy
So instead of pirating a game, you give your welfare money to frauds just so you can inflate your steam library count for other people to see?
What a cuck
>>
>>342586707
Who gives a fuck if they take risks when most indie games are trash?
The games I put 300 hours are not pieces of shit like Undertale or Starbound, but games like The Witcher 3.
>>
>>342586707
>Naughty Dog take risk of making a movie with interactive shooty bits, like 5 times
>Pays off every time better than the last
No the reason no devs take risks is because they're 2 dimensional shills run by corporate fuckwits
>>
>>342586764
>I am literally throwing my money away to hong-kong resellers and there's nothing you can do or say that will make me stop doing so
(0.25 from G2A (HK) has been deposited into your account)
>>
>>342586831
I have the game on Steam, which is that matters, so I won't have to go through the trouble of finding each update on kickastorrents.
That's all that matters.

>Not only do you technically not own the game, but it's also just a digital copy
By that logic, there's no reason to do anything but pirating games.
>>
>>342586778
Not him, but I don't have a job and rarely have much money to buy a new game with, that's why I wait for sales or something. Just cause you're a poorfag doesn't mean you should buy a copy of a game that scammed the dev out of money.
>>
>>342583726
This is why you don't discuss serious issues here. People who know nothing it interject and infuriate everyone who bothered to learn the most basic facts about the situation.
>>
>>342586772
Learn to punctuate.
>>
>>342586913
I'm throwing my money at videogames.
The one who gets the money doesn't matter to me, what matters is that my game gets to my Steam account.

Only autistic neckbeards care about anything else, really.
>>
>>342586913
I am, and there's nothing you can do about it, and the same way you pay $60 for those beloved games of yours, I pay $20, and I get the exact same result.
Stay mad, moralfuck.
>>
>Caring about Goy2Ass

Make like a frog and ribbit.
>>
File: 1463538468962.gif (2 MB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1463538468962.gif
2 MB, 250x248
If i can buy a stolen rolex watch from pablo at the flea market then I can buy a game from G2A. Its their fault for putting that shit on steam where they know people can get shit for cheap and get away with it for re-selling. they should gut sell it themselves if they don't want this to happen
>>
>>342587047
>not the first post by this IP
Moralcucks are getting angrier and angrier.
Excellent.
>>
>>342575534
literally who?
>>
>>342586980
>>342587041
i wonder which hong kong shill is the one i actually replied to
>>
If I'm getting the game cheaper don't give a shit
>>
>pirate a game
>virgins get mad
>buy game on key website
>virgins get mad

Is there a reason to buy the game through Steam or Origin?
I get the game, cheaper, and i'm tearing open new assholes in a bunch of autismos.
>>
>>342587135
>OY VEY, DON'T BUY CD KEYS, PURCHASE OUR GAMES FOR ONLY $59.99
I wonder which angry SJW indie dev i'm replying to.
>>
File: product-shield-v01[1].jpg (5 KB, 215x100) Image search: [Google]
product-shield-v01[1].jpg
5 KB, 215x100
>>342575534

>you have to purchase insurance for your cd key if it is ever revoked

that should say it all
>>
>>342580086
>Until you realize they no longer make games for you
oh no some no-name indieshit fuckers aren't gonna make any more walking sim/pixel sidescrollers for me! how ever shall I be able to continue in such a world....
>>
>>342587062
So what, the DRM free copy can be uploaded to Mega or something so you don't even have to bother with any effort to get it?
>>
>>342587148
I only buy what I cannot pirate and I only buy it piss cheap from cdkey pages
>>
>>342580086
I wonder what this industry is going to do with less devs making 2deep4u walking simulators about the struggle of a half-black half-asian crippled trans person trying to get up some stairs.
>>
>>342587041
For the $20 you gave to a Brazilian thief I pirated it and paid nothing
Stay mad G2Acuck
>>
>>342575813
>Have your own store for selling your games
>Have some monkey code your store so that you can't track which keys were bought with stolen credit cards.
>Try to blame the reseller for your own fuck up.
>>
>>342587341
How did you pirate Just Cause 3?
>>
I think it's pretty obvious what is going on when you look at how cheap these key sites are able to sell games compared to other places.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out something shady is going on.
>>
Yawn who gives a fuck. I want cheap games, I buy a key. Don't give a fuck where it came from.
>>
>>342575534
>indie devs
Who gives a fuck.
Only 1 out of 1000 indie games is decent.
>>
>>342587294
What about Denuvo tho.
>>
>>342587469
1 out of 1000 is pretty damn generous considering the amount of trash indie games there are in the steam alone.
>>
>>342575534
id care if tinybuild didnt keep making flash games and pretending theyre worth the 5 to 10 bucks they shill this shit for
>>
>>342587531
Pretty sure adding Denuvo costs money that indie devs don't have.
>>
>>342587540
This. Fucking 90% of the indie games I buy blindly are just half assed, maybe its time for Vavle to step up their game and have quality control.?
>>
All this over a shitty indie game that can't even afford Denuvo?

https://kickassto.co/punch-club-gog-t11926970.html
>>
Wasn't there controversy with a bunch of Sniper Elite V3 stolen keys?

Some russians sold a bunch on G2A and then the company invalided the stolen keys?

The butthurt was insane.
>>
>>342575534
>TB: G-g-g-uys you are totally selling stolen keys for our games plz stop and give us our money.
>G2A: Okay, we will help you if you give us the list of stolen keys so we can see who sold them.
>TB: W-w-w-we don't have the list of stolen keys because of reasons.
>G2A: Then we can't help you, sorry
>TB: B-b-b-but you own us money!
>G2A: We can't help you if we can't track down the sellers who sold the keys, and for that we need list of the stolen keys, sorry.
>TB in social media: OMG G2A FUCKED US OVER, EVERYONE HATE THEM PLZ!!!111
>>
So let me get this straight
You're too poor to buy it from someone that didn't steal it
But you're also too stupid to pirate it
I just gotta know: what got you into the cuckolding fetish?
>>
>>342575813
That's wrong.

> you make game
> you sell game on cheap ass places like humble indie bundle for a dollar
> G2A buys cheap ass keys for a dollar
> resell for more to make profit
> you get buttmad and claim they selling stolen key

That is what happened here.
>>
>>342587906
Read OP's link, tardburglar
Also learn what a chargeback is
>>
File: 1461783220612.gif (3 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1461783220612.gif
3 MB, 298x224
>>342587858
Yeah sure... like I can pirate a game and play it on steam with all my friends, ok.
>>
>>342587808
The difference is that the Rebelion did what any competent seller would do if bunch their keys got stolen, they disabled the keys that were stolen. Instead Tiny Build is crying their eyes out in useless blog posts how the resellers are evil.
>>
>>342586024
Doesn't G2A also allow devs the option to be the only sellers of their own keys?
>>
>>342587934
If your key system is open to chargeback abuse, then what is anyone else supposed to do about it?
>>
>>342587981

Oh no, I don't have any issues with Rebellion shutting down the keys. It's stolen property, definitely.

I just find it funny how a bunch of keys can cause so much controversy and damage.
>>
>>342587964
Correct, I've done this several times myself
>>
File: 1457253306748.png (254 KB, 1332x661) Image search: [Google]
1457253306748.png
254 KB, 1332x661
>>342588008
Learning what a chargeback is would really help in this discussion.
>>
>>342587934
If your system is so badly done that you can't track and disable keys that were bought by abusing charge backs then you deserve to get fucked.
>>
>>342587906
Learn to read the links.

>Use stolen credit card to buy tons of keys
>Sell them all for profit to shady key reseller
>Dont spend a penny and make mass profit off stolen game keys
>>
>Buy games all the time
>Never had any problems
I don't get it.
>>
>>342587858
how do you pirate a multiplayer game or a denuvo crap ?

explain oh mighty wizzard
>>
File: le happy pepe.jpg (78 KB, 394x458) Image search: [Google]
le happy pepe.jpg
78 KB, 394x458
>>342575534
tough luck for indie devs

but good luck for me
>>
>>342587708
Not to mention that it's been proven that drm can actually make your game less attractive to consumers. Lot of people still don't buy EA games on PC to avoid having to use Origin for example
>>
>>342588106
>Make a game
>Sell your game
>Notice bunch of sales were done with stolen credit card.
>Don't have shitty store so you can track your sales/keys
>Disable the keys for those sales

It's not that hard.
>>
>>342588332
No, the whole world should align itself to that job for you. Obviously.
>>
>>342588332
Yay, you disabled the keys!

You're still in the hole from chargebacks, though!
>>
>>342588472
And you can bet it won't stop there either, because you've only disabled SOME

And then the next month comes along and suddenly you've been hit with 450 chargebacks all over again
>>
>>342588112
While you can't usually play multiplayer games with the same functionality as a paid copy, some games you can and others have cracked servers
And with dunuvo games you shouldn't be playing them in the first place because there doesn't exist a good game that uses denuvo yet
>>
>>342588472
>Disable the keys
>People can't resell the stolen keys
>People will stop trying to get keys by abusing charge backs because they just get disabled

If your store gets abused by charge backs then it's your fucking fault for leaving it open for abuse. Trying to blame resellers like G2A for your own fuck ups is just stupid. That's like blaming ebay because your wallet got stolen when you left it on street yourself.
>>
>>342585512
They responded to that by saying it's too much effort to sort the legit from the stolen ones.
>>
>>342588824
See, your problem is assuming that the games are being charged back immediately. They're not.
If it was being sold and charged back immediately, you would barely be able to sell it on G2A before it gets disabled.

I've bought resold Xbox Live accounts, and those generally get frozen anywhere from 48 hours to a month afterwards. And G2A is getting pretty popular.

And there's also nothing stopping G2A from just outright selling bad keys anyways, is there? Unless you pay the fuckers extra for "insurance" on your vidya purchase.
>>
>>342588145
needs a yamaka
>>
>>342585272
You're a fucking idiot.

There are plenty of daatabases you can buy on the dark web, even on the clear web.

It's simple enough to try it for yourself, fucking faggot. Kill yourself after you realise how stupid you are.
>>
>>342589019
Furthermore, people don't stop trying to get keys.
They just don't. It's incredibly lucrative for such a niche market. There's bots that steal free giveaway keys and sell 'em, there's bots that re-sell cards, there's bots that phish accounts and sell 'em along with their credit card information.

FIFA games are notorious for this, for some fucking reason. Go figure. Probably because of their high global market pull reaching to more buyers in brazillian backwaters and china.
>>
I hate how /v/ promotes key resellers all the time and also hates piracy.
>>
>Le g2a is le bad

Does nobody get that it's like amazon marketplace and it's other people selling?

Fuck.

>>342589445
>also hates piracy.
What kind of bizarro-/v/ do you visit, faggot?
>>
>>342589665
All re-seller sites are other people selling.

That doesn't mean it's always an honest-to-goodness seller, though. There's probably at least a 33% chance it's a stolen credit card that bought your copy.
G2A is just the most popular of the bunch.
>>
>>342589867
Then why fuck with g2a and not the resellers?
It's dumb.
>>
>>342589867
>There's probably at least a 33% chance it's a stolen credit card that bought your copy.
G2A is just the most popular of the bunch.

There's a 100% change that you are talking bullshit and don't have any actual data to back up that claim.
>>
File: 1456784477505.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456784477505.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
>>342590164
Because G2A is basically blackmailing devs into splitting profits.
OP's link says that G2A goes on to blame Humble Bundle and other such "resale partners" for the keys being sold on G2A, and that if they're having problems with chargebacks, they should shovel a fuck-ton of keys off to them and use their proprietary payment service to prevent this.
And if they partner with G2A officially, nobody's going to buy the official keys at full price if they can just buy resold keys on the site for cheaper; and if the site's endorsed by the devs, why would the key ever be sketchy?
>>
>>342590317
Of course I don't, it's just a ballpark estimate- but if the keys were legitimate, there wouldn't exactly be a problem with chargebacks in the first place, would there?
>>
Give me incentives to buy the game on Steam then, or just try to compete with those prices.
If you are going to be a bunch of autists and throw a bitch fit, then that's your problem.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.