[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never played this before. What should I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: ark.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ark.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
Never played this before.

What should I expect?
>>
A lot of countering.
Meaning, you will push just one button, over and over
>>
A too easy stealth action game with a nice atmosphere and charm to it. Lots of hidden stuff and things to explore as well.
>>
>>342573092
Being able to complete the majority of the game with no damage taken by pushing a single button/key
>>
>>342573092
Triangle then Square: The Game
>>
>>342573308
>The Game
>>
>>342573092
Pretty good game even If you don't count it's about the fucking batman. Im also enjoying Knight, the DOF and motion blur hurts my eyes with all the shit flashing around but it's not as bad as they say.
>>
It's one of my top 10 games. Super simple, very straight forward, but absolutely everything works. All the side content is worth doing. In later games its crap because it's literally just combing through an open world for Collectables. In this there's a good portion of puzzles on the side. It's easy to beat, but takes a little time and patience to master it and beat the challenges.

Just be warned, City was crap and Knight was some stupid fucking car combat game for some reason.
>>
File: Fuck youuuu.gif (119 KB, 320x600) Image search: [Google]
Fuck youuuu.gif
119 KB, 320x600
>>342573404
>>
>>342573409

City is the bitch's tits anon. What did you not like?
>>
dumb entertainment
>>
File: 1463977505377.png (411 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
1463977505377.png
411 KB, 500x503
>>342573567
>>
Never posted in this thread before.

What should I expect?
>>
>>342573596
Open world pretty much. It felt really disjointed to me too. Like it was travel across the map for no reason to a self contained area. It was like it was designed with Asylum setup in mind then thrown into an open world who knows why. I had no idea what was going on with the story at any point although I didn't play far. On top of that all the side content went from puzzles to nothing but shitty Riddler trophies. Plus they even changed the feel of the combat.

Open world goes a significant distance to ruining a game for me. These days I just don't buy them.
>>
>>342573092
Beat 'em up like the old NES game.
>>
>>342573950

The game's side content really opens up at some point in the game. Most of it comes in the form of working towards fighting villains not apart of the main story. Arkham City itself I felt wasn't too big to the point of being a nuisance like Gothan City was in Origins. It's just easy to get distracted since there's always something going on.
>>
>>342573092
>What should I expect?
Batman
>>
>>342573092
Batman simulator

In the same way Metroid Prime is a Samus simulator
>>
Fun, and lots of it. Not a perfect game by any means, but very solid. Runs like a goddamn dream on PC. Arkham City is even better.
>>
>>342573092
If you're a fan of Batman you'll love the fanservice.
If you're a fan of very indepth gameplay or combat then it will be lacking.

It's pretty good. Some people put this game on a huge pedestal though.
>>
It's like that Spiderman game from 2000 except with stealth elements and shitty boss fights.

Flawed, but charming and fun.
>>
>>342574449
I actually really like the combat.

I have to play it on hard mode though to enjoy it.
>>
>>342573092
Fun the wears off five minutes before the last boss fight. I still think it was amazing that the game ended just as I realized how repetitive it got.
>>
An excellent game-interpretation of the Arkham Asylum setting with some Metroid Prime vibes.

and also jack shit for post game
>>
File: 1466553151556.gif (3 MB, 800x352) Image search: [Google]
1466553151556.gif
3 MB, 800x352
>>342573206
Pic related
>>
File: 1384174691126.jpg (134 KB, 565x848) Image search: [Google]
1384174691126.jpg
134 KB, 565x848
>>342573092
Individually, each aspect might seem lacking compared to titans in their genres, but everything comes together to create a pretty fun Metroidvania game.

Asylum has the best atmosphere and is an overall tight experience.
City vastly expands upon the combat and stealth, and improves upon many of Asylum's flaws. It's a great example of what people want in a sequel.
Knight is arguably perfect in terms of mechanics; its only major gameplay flaw is arguably too much Batmobile, which is essentially a mega-gadget.
None are without their flaws, namely a general lack of boss fights.

The games are basically Batman Simulator. If you like Batman, you'll like this. If you're not a big fan of superheroes, there are other action and stealth games.
>>
A good action and adventure game. Arkham City is better, but you should play this first.
>>
>>342573886

The typical and false "press x to win" meme posts. But mostly respectable opinions.
>>
>>342573229
>>342573308

I dare you to win the fights with one button. I fucking dare you. You won't make it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.