[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quake Champions-nonMOBA Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1466743451889-v.jpg (305 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1466743451889-v.jpg
305 KB, 1024x640
Quake Champipns is going to be the return to old school Quake we're all looking for. Not b8, look at the interviews in which Tim Willits describes how the game is supposed to feel, and everything about it. Rocket jumping, strafe jumping, item and weapon pickups, all of
it is confirmed for every character. There is just a little more complexity to the game because of the addition of different characters. This game is not intended to play like anything other than Quake. You fucks see one trailer with no gameplay and a title, you lose your minds, start making assumptions, and sooner or later, all of YouTube thinks Quake Champions is going to be a MOBA.
Here's proof:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/21/quake-champions-tim-willits-interview-people-are-afraid-of-quake-which-is-kind-of-awesome-5958340/
>>
t. Shill
>>
>>342572835
Developers say and do different things, anon. We can only hope that this isn't the case.
>>
>>342573089
So a Dev who's worked on iD Software games since Quake1 (or maybe before, I could be wrong) is going to lie about what the game feels like? He even brought in Quake Live pro players to test the game, and they fucking approved of it. I'm hyped as shit for this game, and everyone else who plays Arena shooters better prepare their anuses.
>>
>>342573317
You realize id is making it alongside Saber Interactive, right? whose most successful games were the Halo 1 remake and fucking Inversion?
>>
File: 1407827122077.png (171 KB, 396x423) Image search: [Google]
1407827122077.png
171 KB, 396x423
Don't care. Got my arena-shooter fix with the new UT and it's free.
>>
I think it is going to be good.

Im looking forward to quakecon, it has been a while since one has focused on a new quake game.
>>
>>342573689
>Got my arena-shooter fix with the new UT and it's free
UT is terrible really. I wanted to like it.
>>
>>342573058
>overwatch shills run over /v/
>make one thread about quake

SHILLS

SHILLS

OMG SHILLS
>>
>>342573689
You must be 1 of the 4 people who plays UT4
>>
>wallhacks in the trailer

No thanks.
>>
>>342573317
>He even brought in Quake Live pro players to test the game, and they fucking approved of it.
nobody would ever pay professionals to advertise their products, would they?
>>
Does it feature a single player campaign because that's what I want.
>>
>>342573317
>>342577104
Funny how they don't mention any names and none of those "pro players" have spoken up to defend the game.

>>342577224
Why would you want to play vs an AI in a game in which the sole purpose of the game is to compete in an arena? AI is inferior to human opponent. Nobody plays hearthstone vs AI. Nobody plays fighting games vs AI except those retards who buy mortal kombat games for the story.
>>
>>342573498
Experience on Halo 1 remake is only a good thing, as they have experience with updating games
>>
>>342577370
It appears you havent played the first Quake. Here, just unzip and enjoy.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fyioqule8hbyo58/Quake.zip
>>
>>342577370
No you misunderstand. I don't want an arena shooter, when I enjoy Quake I only enjoy the first one.
>>
>>342577576
I have like 60 hours in QuakeWorld bro
>>
>>342577224
They already made D44M for people like you.
>>
>>342575575
>Make thread with the sole purpose of damage controlling the negative response to Quake Champions

I'M NOT A SHILL I SWEAR

NOT A SHILL

NOT A SHILL

BUT OVERWATCH OMG
>>
>>342577623
Me too, what's your favorite level? Mine is aerowalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UadMjUJyZ7k
>>
>>342572835
>This game is not intended to play like anything other than Quake.
Then why not just call it Quake.

Q3A was already complex enough, they didn't need to add MOBA-style character abilities just to hamstring it.
>>
>>342573317
>So a Dev who's worked on iD Software games since Quake1 (or maybe before, I could be wrong) is going to lie about what the game feels like?
Yes. It's called PR spin and Marketing.

>You fucks see one trailer with no gameplay and a title, you lose your minds, start making assumptions

You haven't seen any gameplay footage either rendering all your assumptions that the game will be a true successor to quake effectively moot.
>>
>>342573498
>>342577420

I pretty sure saber interactive is just doing the legwork, they're not in control of any of the game design, wim tillits is running the show.
>>
File: tonguemyanus.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tonguemyanus.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>342578019
>>
>>342579079
fuck you
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.