[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does this game get good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: Final_Fantasy_XII_Box_Art.png (66 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XII_Box_Art.png
66 KB, 250x333
When does this game get good?
>>
The moment you turn it on.
>>
>>342570039
It doesn't.
>>
>>342570039
>good
Never
>bearable
When Ashe, Baasch and Balthier take over the main story and Vaan becomes a spectator
>>
>>342570104
>>342570141
never change /v/

>>342570039
it's a game that you'll either love or hate. i don't think there's any real middle ground from those who play it to completion or for those who try their damndest to get through the game before swearing it off for reasons.
>>
>>342570261
>Vaan gets cucked from being the main character
>>
>>342570261
>When Ashe, Baasch and Balthier take over the main story and Vaan becomes a spectator
Keep in mind OP that this doesn't happen. This retard hasn't even played the game.
>>
Right after you get Balthier and meet Ondore.
>>
>>342570039
Great FF game, really underrated in my opinion but like others said its very hit or miss with a lot of people. If you don't like it from the get go do yourself a solid and STOP.
>>
OP here, should've probably mentioned that I just got Ashe and im in the desert place. The game so far has been such a slog and I dont know if I should keep going
>>
>>342570392
I didn't love or hate it.

Liked:
-Gambits
-Setting
-Politically driven plot
-Graphics
-Marks
-Music

Disliked:
-XII's summon system
-Retarded, useless, overly long Myst crap
-License board
-Most of the cast
-Typical shit tier FF last second plot twist/final boss
-Map trudgery

The cons outweighed the pros enough to make it a likewarm 6/10 experience, but not a game I hate.
>>
>Good
In the very beginning, Vaan wishes to become a sky pirate and explores his city's desert and sewers.

>Bad
The six person party finally comes together and the story shifts from Vaan's dreams to being about a crappy political drama which nips are incapable of writing.
>>
It's always good. I'm so fucking hype for the HD remake. It's one of my favorite games.

FF12's got amazing fucking art design, especially the enemies. I loved the bestiary and even liked the license board. Only things I didn't like were Penelo and Ondore's lies.
>>
It doesn't.
>>
>>342570963
>Typical shit tier FF last second plot twist/final boss
>he actually factually literally didn't expect Vayne to be the bad guy

wew
>>
File: pcsx2 2014-08-22 14-35-41-84.jpg (114 KB, 1680x944) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2014-08-22 14-35-41-84.jpg
114 KB, 1680x944
>>342571104
>In the very beginning, Vaan wishes to become a sky pirate and explores his city's desert and sewers.
This is why Rogue Galaxy is a better game in every way except that Balthier and Fran aren't in the game.
>>
>>342570261

Balthier IS the leading man, anon.
>>
>>342570963
how the fuck could anyone hate the license board
>>
>>342571298

isn't Vayne seen being a fucking villain literally super early before you even get all party members?
>>
>>342571308
I've been meaning to play this game. Dark Cloud 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and the idea of sky pirates is awesome.
>>
>>342571340

Some people like the sphere grid
>>
>>342571425

>Dark Cloud 2

My nigga. It's so underrated. Camera was cool, Ridepod was super cool, and the Georama stuff was fun.

Gaspard had a hard life.
>>
The best part of this shit show of a game is the gambit system that lets you not play the damn thing. Just do yourself a favor op and call it quits.
>>
>>342571340
Because it was fucking retarded. It suffered from the same problem as FF in general as it makes all your characters the same, except you need to grind just to unlock licenses to be able to wear accessories, why the fuck do I even need a license for that in the first place? Not to mention in order to unlock one license you'll have to unlock another for a completely different skill.
>>
>>342571308

Except that RG ends on a stupid cliff-hanger, and the game encourages endless spamming of skills instead of the use of it's somewhat interesting combat system.
>>
>>342571931
FF12 ends on a cliffhanger too and 99% of the time spent in combat is auto attacking.
>>
>>342572045
>FF12 ends on a cliffhanger too
Not him, but FF12 has a sequel and its also set in Ivalice, which has tons of games set in it.
>>
>>342572045

Don't get me wrong, FF12's strongest suit wasn't it's combat either.

RG just needed to focus more on the "action" part of it's "action rpg" label. There was nothing satisfying about "get to weak spot/ideal location and spam skills".
>>
File: look forward to it.jpg (178 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
look forward to it.jpg
178 KB, 660x350
>when does a Final Fantasy game get good
They don't. They start out mediocre and get worse from there.
>>
>>342570261

Vaan is a spectator from the very beginning. At the start, Basch is the lead. Then he basically becomes a mute follower when Ashe arrives. Then it switches to Balthier. Then Ashe again. Then Fran. Then Ashe again. Then back to Balthier. Then suddenly you walk into the final area and beat the game, because it was rushed.
>>
worst 3D final fantasy

fuck everything about this game
>>
>>342572045
>99% of the time spent in combat is auto attacking.
Well sure, if you're playing it WRONG.
>>
>>342570963
summons were useless, and the dbz style myst shit was so out of place in that game. you could be the game easily never using either of these things
>>
>>342571340

People hated the license board enough that they altered it in Zodiac System.
>>
>>342574912
If you're playing it right then you're literally not playing
>>
When you get the first esper shit really starts kicking off
>>
File: FF8_Malboro.png (411 KB, 796x738) Image search: [Google]
FF8_Malboro.png
411 KB, 796x738
It gets good 100 hours in
>>
>>342570039
It already "did"
That said if you got to the part with vaan thieving his way threw the castle that's probably the worst part in the game. Simply take the part where you're collecting the sun stones and that should give you an idea if you'll like the rest of the game or not.
>>
File: 1425611.jpg (10 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
1425611.jpg
10 KB, 400x297
>zertinan caverns

Is this a horror game
>>
>>342570039
I suppose it does later ? All i've been doing so far is walk toward everything until they die in a hillarious bennyhill fashion and question every single character's motivations in this.

Ashe and Bash seem to be the only ones with a goal.
Balthier and Fran still tag along with these jokers even though all it got them is mortal danger with no valuable reward or loot.
Vaan seem to have forgotten who he is and is just there and Penelo is following Vaan.

At least in FF13 i got to press X while fighting.
>>
>>342576527
Bollocks. There's plenty of times when you'll want to give manual commands. If there's one monster in an area that absorbs fire and you have a fire magic gambit set, are you gonna go to all the trouble to set up a specific gambit for that one monster, or are you just gonna use the bloody on screen command menu and cast blizzard spells?
>>
>>342570039
when you understand it
>>
>>342570039

It doesn't. Everyone agreed that it was shit ten years ago, but the kids who played it then have grown up, so that's why you hear so many people saying it's good these days.
>>
>>342581775
Or just auto-attack the fuck out of them while healing at 50%.

>steal
>be rich buy remedy
>auto-attack
>heal at 50

Make a macro that plays the game. i only wish i didn't have to push that analog stick.
>>
>>342583415
Why do you want to make the game boring?
>>
>>342581775
I'm pretty sure their gambits you can get that have >target immune fire:
and such, just put those as a higher priority with a different spell and your set.

Honestly the amount of gambits the game has is kinda impressive.
>>
>>342570039
It doesn't. The game plays itself. Set your gambit and run between mobs then you can afk during battles.
>>
>>342584364
This shit sounds like Xenoblade and everyone sucks its dick.
>>
>>342570039
When you get your party to the higher levels near lategame and realize that the best equipment are limited quantity rewards that require farming mats with <3% steal chance, or else inside RNG chests with 0.01% of containing what you want.

FUck this game and whoever made the games itemization
>>
>>342584196
Because i can. I tried not to at first but now i thank the speed up mode.
I've been riding this murder train since the mines as a result i'm overleveled as fuck and so rich it's not funny anymore.
And it's not my job to make the game less boring, dammit.
>>
>>342584286
That's exactly what I was addressing. You could do that, but why would you for one monster? You can just play the game with your own two hands instead!
Gambits are not there so you can stop thinking on your feet.
>>
>>342584610
>And it's not my job to make the game less boring, dammit.
It actually is your job to try to have fun with the game instead of going out of your way to make it boring for yourself.
>>
>>342570039
It doesn't. There's a reason it signaled a change in how FF is handled
>>
>>342579142
>mfw killed Adrammelech before I found out that you could farm High Arcana from him
>>
>>342570039
never. It is a boring SP MMO.
>>
>>342570039
It really doesn't. It got SLAMMED by critics when it came out and now hipster 15 year olds on /v/ pretend they played it and it was great.
>>
>>342570963
>last second plot twist
When are plot twists supposed to happen?
>>
>>342585732
It's too late for me. I'm playing it right now so the dispointement feels that much more vivid. For the first time and unspoiled, you guys really shouldn't hype this game.
FF truely died with squaresoft.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.