[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mass Effect 2 and 3 sucked.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: latest.png (585 KB, 1105x457) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
585 KB, 1105x457
Why did Bioware insist on taking away as much fun as possible?

Let us be completely honest here, Mass Effect 2 and 3 tried more to "improve" the shooting mechanics then it did to improve upon the RPG mechanics. Say what you want about the series not being RPG's but they didn't even attempt to improve the RPG mechanics at all. Instead they kept going in a shooter direction with an awful script to go with the bland shooting.

The worst crime they committed however is the almost complete removal of exploration. Again they could have greatly improved on this concept. Instead they gave us PLANET SCANNING! YAY!
>>
>>342567464
Because a different writer took over and EA got their hooks in Bioware.
>>
File: 1425629860132.jpg (50 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1425629860132.jpg
50 KB, 550x400
>>342567464
>Implying ME1 was fun with it's god awful gameplay mechanics, poorly paced story and anti-climatic ending.
Babby's first Bioware game. I'd sage if it did shit in this fuck hole.
>>
>>342567881
You know I get it. I really do get it. This didn't have to mean the games removed so much shit though. If it weren't for the dialogue and recurring characters the game 2 would have truly felt like an entirely new game.

The only real reason it got so much praise is because people prefer their RPG elements as light as possible for western games. At least during the time it got released. Ironically 3 improved the RPG elements somewhat (but nowhere to how it was in 1) while also greatly improving the shooting.

2 is the most shit game of the series and sadly it gets praised as the greatest of the series. It truly shows how awful the gaming community really is.
>>
>>342568091
>implying the sequels did much better
>implying they didn't actually do worst
>>
>>342568091
Because it was made in the nature that the game would be a trilogy.
Bioware knocked off the main writer and hired some fucking hacks. Made the whole fucking rest of the series a god damn TPS and called it a fucking day.
I wan't my fucking Non- Disposable Heat sinks.
I wan'r my actual fucking RPG mechanics and not just skill points and Levels that are only granted with mission clears.
>>
>>342568263
EA had it now. It could of meant a fucking ton worse.
Look at the latest example.
Battlefront. That is a fucking travesty.
>>
>>342568409
Thanks man. It's nice to see other people out there seeing through the bullshit and recognizing that Bioware fucked this series very early on. They made no real attempt to truly improve 1 whether it was shit or good game. It was all downhill after 1.
>>
>>342568387
And you were stupid enough to buy into them after the underwhelming game that the original one was? You deserved the disappointment.

>>342568409
>Because it was made in the nature that the game would be a trilogy.
Should have been your first warning.
>Bioware knocked off the main writer and hired some fucking hacks. Made the whole fucking rest of the series a god damn TPS and called it a fucking day.
Should have been your second warning of what was to come.
>I wan't my fucking Non- Disposable Heat sinks.
If you ran out of ammo in ME2 or ME3, you've got other problems.
>I want my actual fucking RPG mechanics and not just skill points and Levels that are only granted with mission clears.
ME1's RPG mechanics weren't that much better. Have you played any RPGs before ME1 that were worth a shit?
>>
>>342569417
The 1st game was good. Just rough in some areas.
>>
>>342569958
>The game was good.
People also say that about Fallout 3.
>>
>>342568091
It's literally the only good bioware game
>>
ME1
Story: 7/10 - ancient evil awakens bullshit
Gameplay: 7/10 - meh, but certainly playable
7/10

ME2
Story: 4/10 - dude shepards dead EPIC TRAILER, pointless storyarc
Gameplay: 6/10 - better combat at the cost of removing 95% of RPG elements
5/10

ME3
Story: 5/10 - better than ME2, but your choices don't matter lol
Gameplay: 8/10 - the combat of ME2 but with some (not enough) RPG elements coming back in
6.5/10

Objective fax.
>>
>>342571051
Truth

/thread
>>
>>342571051
>fax

Bitch, please. That shit ending alone drops it below ME2.
>>
>>342569417
>If you ran out of ammo in ME2 or ME3, you've got other problems.
fucking KILL YOURSELF. i've seen so many gamefaqs niggers and redditors say this exact line. you don't know shit. look in the codex in the first game, they specifically explain that the bullets are small chips of a piece of metal loaded into the gun, and that the metal can fire thousands of chips before depleting. then they completely ignore that in the next two games.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.