[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some good murder mystery/whodunnit games? i've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: hercule-poirot.jpg (70 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
hercule-poirot.jpg
70 KB, 450x450
what are some good murder mystery/whodunnit games?
i've played danganronpa 1 and 2, most of the phoenix wright games aswell as LA Noire.
>>
Persona 4
>>
File: Poirot.png (6 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Poirot.png
6 KB, 400x400
Umineko is not terrible if you don't mind anime levels rivalling Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright combined (and no actual interactive gameplay, pure reading). At least the first episode will give you vibes from A Certain Christie Novel.

Just want to say much love for posting the greatest detective, too.
>>
The Sherlock Holmes games are alright, the later ones are a massive improvement; The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Crimes and Punishments, The Awakened etc.
>>
The new Sherlock Holmes games are pretty good.Even if it is a little bit handholding at some points
>>
>>342567235

Going right along with Poirot, get The Last Express from GoG. Not easy on the eyes, but good.
>>
File: Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg (130 KB, 256x341) Image search: [Google]
Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg
130 KB, 256x341
Grim Fandango isnt really a murder mystery but it does have a similar feel.
>>
>>342568730
>>342568678
seconding these, they're not super challenging puzzle-wise, but the cases are interesting and the atmosphere is great
>>
>>342567235
Have you heard of Aviary Attorney?
>>
LA Noire.
>>
>>342568678
>>342568730
>>342569126
awesome, will check them out

>>342569167
this looks fucking amazing
>>
>>342569167
Not that anon, but I've played Aviary Attorney, and while the first case was pretty interesting and the second was decently done, the court segments (which is essentially most of the gameplay) just didn't have the same impact as the Ace Attorney series, if you get what I mean. It's good as a game where you inspect shit and solve crimes that way, but the court segments feel like they need a bit more impact, effects, or something.

Just let down the whole game for me, because those are some of my more favorite parts of the AA games (although I do the investigation parts). And especially for a game that claims to be inspired by AA, you'd think they'd have put a bit more effort into those parts of the game.
>>
Police Quest
>>
I second The Last Express that this anon mentioned >>342568920

The games events happen in real time so if you're not around to see them you miss out. Great idea and a great setting for a murder mystery.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.