[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally Impossible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11
File: thepursuer.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
thepursuer.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
Literally Impossible
>>
>crying about the gitgudder
have fun
if youre fighting him right after the last giant, theres giant crossbows in that room you can fire at him
>>
>>342564696
You need to get gut, the only attack that is bullshit is the curse sword, it's broken unless you have it above a certain agility.
One tip, pay attention to which way he swings, do not roll the same way he swings, that goes for all enemies, specially the slower, wider swings.
>>
>>342565182
>>342565383
Thanks I've beat the game before but just quit when I got to this dick. Having finished a run through 1 its just not as enjoyable and looking for motivation to keep playing or I'm just gonna buy 3 tomorrow.
>>
Dead series.
>>
>pass through an area i've already been through before
>completely in comfort zone, know where i am going to be attacked from
>suddenly DUDE PURSUER LMAO

actually pretty nifty, keeps you on your toes
>>
>>342564696
Uh, he becomes a regular enemy soon after.
>>
>>342564696
Use the winged spear
>>
Parry him.
Grab the smallest shield you have and parry his dashing attack when he's about to hit you.
Then run to the giant crossbow and shoot him.
>>
>Iron keep in SOTFS

Jesus Christ what were they thinking, I thought this version was supposed to make the enemy placements better.
>>
>>342564696

Dude you can just bait him into doing his lunge attack over and over, which is an easy forward roll.
>>
>>342566289
He leaves if you run away where he cant get to you
>>
File: 1457107053634.jpg (666 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1457107053634.jpg
666 KB, 666x666
>>342566959
>rolling through the lunge
Slap that shit away with your bear hands like a manbear
If you whiff, then you have to let him curse you
>>
OP here, I've beat the game once before was just wanting to play through again with no summons. Should I skip on to 3 instead?
>>
>>342564696
He doesn't even condition any fake-outs
>>
>>342564696
easiest parry in soulsborne

how do people have trouble with him?
>>
>>342566209
this is some nice bait, i need to remember this for the future.
>>
>>342567264
Can we kill the term soulsborne it sounds fucking stupid just say From games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo_sbhI5oY
>>
He's a big guy
>>
File: man i wanted waffles.gif (502 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
man i wanted waffles.gif
502 KB, 160x160
>>342567270
>bait
>when even Souls streamers don't stream Souls anymore

>bait
>literally nobody playing DeS

>bait
>only memechildren playing DaS for the """""PvP"""""

>bait
>everybody saying DS2 is shit and that everyone should stay away from it
>shill edition out within a year

>bait
>Bloodborne barely standing on its own anymore, needed DLC to bring players back; since then it's been quiet

>bait
>DaSIII dead within two months with the worst PvE and worst PvP and obvious pandering
>will probably need DLC just like BB did and even then will die out yet again
>>
>>342567594
For you.....r mom
>>
>>342567530
because From has better "From games" than the entire souls series
>>
>>342564696
Actually i found this fight fun and challenging.
Was pretty satisfied when i kicked his ass.
>>
>>342567675
>DaSIII dead within two months with the worst PvE
DS2 has the worst PvE by fucking miles. It's not even a contest.
Even including the DLC
>>
>>342568114
I started this thread and have only played one and two. It's PvE is shit. I just like the amount of boss fights 2 has.
>>
Im having a hard time learning how to parry in ds2, whats a good enemy thats challenging enough for me to practice parrying?
>>
>>342567857
Games that no one starts threads for until they release Armored Core. Kings Field is ugly and not worth taking about. Bloodborne is not a Souls game. I'm only interested in discussing the trilogy because that's all I plan on playing.
>>
>>342568297
The problem with parrying in DS2 is the timing is really dumb. The active frames aren't at the beginning of the parry like every other game in existence, and it doesn't even coincide with the animation unless you're using one of the really small shields. You just have to get used to the weird delay and accept that attacks will be bouncing off your face instead of your shield. Just use the trash mobs from the FotFG until you've gotten used to the delay.
But why would you even want to parry anyway? Ripostes are the least satisfying things in the world in DS2.
>>
File: 1456357682182.png (181 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1456357682182.png
181 KB, 303x311
>>342564696
>There's one later that's 2 at once with much higher damage and health.
>Maldron the assassin
>Fume Knight
Better lube up with those bitch tears because this game's going in dry.
>>
>>342568558
Idk, i got destroyed when someone parried me in pvp
>>
>>342568297
I've beat the game. Just started what's been a fairly comfy DS2 thread.
>>
File: ca.png (476 KB, 574x413) Image search: [Google]
ca.png
476 KB, 574x413
>>342568114

>Even including the DLC

The DLC is great. It has some really awful parts in tiny doses, but it's a good example of what DLC should be.

AotA was the worst DLC so far.
>>
>can't even parry the easiest moves in the game
>>
File: ParryWindowDKS2.png (18 KB, 1740x689) Image search: [Google]
ParryWindowDKS2.png
18 KB, 1740x689
>>342568297

Most enemies are slow and predictable, it's just hard to parry because every class has its own timing somewhere in the middle of the animation. Try Royal Swordsmen.
>>
File: 1464561858397.jpg (49 KB, 461x403) Image search: [Google]
1464561858397.jpg
49 KB, 461x403
I gave up with smelter demon. The game was just not fun at that point. The enemy's, the level design, the bosses, the music. All complete trash.
>>
I always do this fight because it means I can skip no mans wharf although It means I miss an estus shard but thats the price I pay for skipping a million oogy boogies
>>
>>342568248
The amount of bosses aren't even that fun because like 80% of them are just the same old shit: big dude with sword. And you beat them all by circle-strafing to the right until they finish their three hit combo and poking them once; or twice if you're feeling extra saucy.

>>342568835
The DLC is definitely much better than the base game but I still think overall it has a lot of the same problems the base game had, such as an overuse of humanoid knight enemies, an overreliance on big groups of enemies, more big dudes with swords for bosses, etc; and I think people rank it too highly because of it.

Also AotA was awesome fuck you. It's way better than the DS2 DLCs.
>>
>>342564696
Either git good or use a greatshield like a scrub.
>>
>>342569180

There's nothing wrong with big groups of enemies if you're given the tools to manage them. This just so happens to be the case in the DLC, and quite a bit of the main game too. The humanoid design isn't necessarily bad either, because they all have their own unique weapons, they just look bad because it's all faded armor.

AotA was easily the worst. It's not bad of course, but its highlights were the bosses, which are only a small part of the overall game. Crowns and ToH beat it in every other area.
>>
>>342569583
I don't agree with that at all; the big groups of enemies fucking suck in DS2 because of its shitty core combat mechanics. Everything is so slow and clunky that you can't really be offensive without getting punished in groups so it turns into a giant boring turtle fest unless you spam ranged attacks. And while the humanoid enemies have different weapons, sure, they all basically fight the same way except for those spectral knights in Sunken. Speaking of which, I don't even think Sunken had very good level design; overall it was kinda boring, especially when you made it into the temple. Better level design than the base game but still very much DS2 level design, if that makes sense. AoTA is definitely vastly superior to Sunken at the very least.
>>
>>342569965
>Everything is so slow and clunky that you can't really be offensive without getting punished in groups so it turns into a giant boring turtle fest unless you spam ranged attacks.

Sounds like you just need to git gud. The weapons are almost all the same speed as they were in DS1, the difference is that you're not allowed to roll away instantly after swinging, so you can't just throw attacks out randomly. Furthermore, most of the enemies in DS2 are just as slow, or slower, than their DS1 counterparts. Learn to weave around enemies and using the environment to your advantage before concluding that cheesing them is the only option.

>And while the humanoid enemies have different weapons, sure, they all basically fight the same way except for those spectral knights in Sunken.

But they don't? The lance knights and mace knights in Sunken have much more different movesets than the frozen soldiers in Ivory. That's only true if you look at it from a very broad perspective.

And AotA is still worse. It has story, but the levels don't introduce anything new. Sunken King doesn't go as far as it should've with its own gimmicks, but it at least toys with the moving platforms and ghosts instead of AotA which is functionally no different from any other romp in the game outside of the few "invisible" doors.
>>
>intro to circle strafing:the boss
He's a joke if you don't get greedy
>>
>>342569965
>Everything is so slow and clunky that you can't really be offensive without getting punished in groups so it turns into a giant boring turtle fest unless you spam ranged attacks.
I see this complaint all the time, but have never had any trouble fighting groups of enemies outside of the first hour of the game.

If you're ever fighting more than 2-3 enemies you fucked up.

> And while the humanoid enemies have different weapons, sure, they all basically fight the same way
Not even close.
>>
>>342570935
>Sounds like you just need to get gud.
Why is this the first response anyone defending this shitty game gives? I've beaten the fucking game. I can deal with the groups.
And it's that very lack of cancelling that I really despise about this game. I think it makes the whole thing so cumbersome and not fun at all, because essentially in order to fight a group in melee you have to bait them all into attacking at once or kite one far away enough. It's not fun. It's just a huge waiting game. This isn't an issue of difficulty; this is an issue of enjoyable gameplay. Fighting groups in DS2 is not fun, it's a tedious defensive slog, and it's what basically every single combat encounter is. Unless you do cheese things.
It also makes bosses really annoying because it means you can only safely get one or two hits in after they do one of their attacks, and you can't really get attacks in between their attacks. It makes them slow and tedious. It's funny how such a simple little change can make the game become incredibly tedious.
I also hate how rolls work; not only is adaptability a garbage mechanic since it doesn't correspond with any visual changes to your roll, but the fact that there are only two roll speeds fucking sucks. You're stuck with the mid tier roll from DS1 the whole game except it has even more cooldown and murky invincibility, further reinforcing the overall slow clunkiness of the game. Sure you go farther if you're wearing less but that doesn't really matter much when you just want quick dodges.
And once again, this is not me criticizing the game as being too difficult or that these mechanics make things difficult. They just make the game not fun to play, at least in my opinion. Maybe it's because I tend to prefer quick speedy playstyles, but the core combat just feels like shit in DS2. Also the enemies have hilariously bad tracking but everyone's beaten that horse to death
>>
File: PNODhwz.jpg (44 KB, 540x696) Image search: [Google]
PNODhwz.jpg
44 KB, 540x696
>entire game based around a fantasy setting with mythical creatures, demons, and gods
>90% of the bosses are uncreative humanoid figures with a weapon

Probably the most disappointing thing about the game.

Last Giant, Pursuer, Dragonrider, Flexile Sentry, Ruin Sentinels, Lost Sinner, and the list goes on I give the "best humanoid figure with a weapon" award to Velstadt, he was pretty cool given the atmosphere of the area.

Lets not forget that every fucking dragon in the game was generic and breathed fire too.
>>
File: meme souls.jpg (65 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
meme souls.jpg
65 KB, 460x460
>>342564696
>boss can be parried
>hard
>>
>>342565383

You can literally walk away from him and he will NEVER hit you with ANY of his attacks.

You don't need to roll. Just unlock and walk away from him.
>>
>>342572547
The Ancient Dragon was also possibly one of the worst designed bosses in any action game ever. Sure it's optional, but christ.
>Tons and tons of health
>Slow
>Low amount of attacks
>Can one shot you with ease
Fucking thrilling. At least you can just stand near its foot and trivialize the entire battle.
>>
>>342564696
you can just run past him during his charging attack if you stick to his shield, rest of his kit is telescoped as fuck, only bullshit is the homing magic he gets on the next encounters

>>342566958
I almost went crazy these last few days because of fucking cancer keep

>four londo wanabe archers sniping you from dead angle making melee impossible
>shitload of knights aggrooing from ten miles away gang banging you
>can't just run at smelter demon's fog gate, have to go all the same ten minutes bullshit over and over again
>repeat with even more cancer on iron king path

holy shit I genuinely hate the people behind this game now
>>
>>342564696

Circle to his left (your right) and the only attacks you ever have to dodge are his wide swipes which start from his right side. Sometimes he makes a really fast charges+swipe combo but it is very rare like, two times max a fight if the fight lasts around 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Multiplayer lag makes him somewhat unpredictable at times but also can break his AI for around 1/5 of the fight which more often than not means, that white phantoms can zap him near zero (0) health.
One of the easier methods is to run at him when he charges and to strife in the last seconds before he makes his upperswing (works with all non swiping attacks.) Dodge his swiping attacks always to your left (his right) as opposed to all of his attacks (dodging to the right, his left.) Once you read him he is a one tick pony.
>>
>>342564696
If you roll forwards he literally cannot hit you
>>
>>342566209
I think there's a difference between dead and concluded.
>>
>>342572731
What is a his dash attack?

>>342566958
>>342572982
Why didn't you guys run a Dragonrider Bow? EZ

Practice your rolls OP. Do it with ogres and archers primarily to learn timing, everything else for distance gauging.
>>
>>342572982
It's a meme to call it better than 3.

3 does not have near as many bullshit bosses or areas or bonfire runs. And the bosses that aren't bullshit are mind-numbingly boring.

I think it's all done to cater to reddit with their whole "prepare to le die" memes in the intro.
>>
File: 112658326186.png (109 KB, 249x297) Image search: [Google]
112658326186.png
109 KB, 249x297
>>342576620
>concluded
>fight Gwyn again
>kindle the flame again
>let it die out again
>the cycle is a cycle, and will always continue
>no more backstory on the dragons and the universe from the Serpents, who are nowhere to even be found
>concluded
>>
>>342564696
Just fight him during your first encounter with him and don't die. You have more room to maneuver and it's actually way easier to just plink at him until he dies.

Also, you should be using a bash weapon like a mace. Fucks his armor up.
>>
>>342571661
Totally agree. It's retarded how the engine ties certain enemies'/bosses' attack speed and recovery time to FPS. You literally can't punish if you have more then one enemy on your ass sometimes and are forced to tediously hit once before having to back off and wait forever again for an opening.
>>
I got SoFS since it was on sale, almost 2 hours in and thinking if I should refund. Enjoying it nowhere near as much as the the first and third so far.

Should I or does it get better?
>>
>>342584185
It gets better, and it has the best pvp out of all the Souls games.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.