[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/. I've decided to play through the entire Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: ff2.jpg (15 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
ff2.jpg
15 KB, 300x200
Hey /v/. I've decided to play through the entire Final Fantasy series. I've already completed the first one but the second one is hard to get a handle on. Any general tips for how I should be building my characters? Should I grind or is that bad in this game?
>>
>>342561265
You're just bad. Just play through it normally and don't bother exploring. Go where you need to go. Don't talk to soldiers, don't do anything unnecessary.

You also need 4 Osmose books. If you're playing Dawn of Souls, grind Minwu.
>>
>>342561265
It is a bad game. But if you want to grind the easy way go fight imps or some other low level shit in the first area. Leave one enemy alive and then just beat up on your own characters, heal, rinse and repeat till you need to go to an inn. Then repeat the whole process over again.
>>
>>342561265
This sounds like a troll but it is true, you can look it up
Attack yourself to build HP. It really helps
>>
>>342562909
How can I be bad I literally just left the first town?
>>
>>342563085
Yep, I swear this game has the worst leveling mechanics in any rpg. Well any that I've played at least.
>>
>>342561265
The first two final fantasies aren't really that great imo.

I had more fun with 3 onwards.
>>
>>342563234
He's just trollin anon.
>>
Oh I should have mentioned I'm playing the Famicom translated version to get a better feel for the progression of the series.
>>
>>342563284
Yeah 3+ is where the series gets gud.
>>
>>342563284
The first one is fun for what it is. The second one is just bad (Great sonuvabitch twist tho).
>>
>>342563019
>>342563085
I've heard about this and I'm wondering, are there no downsides to doing this? Like I can't screw myself over by doing this?
>>
>>342563384
I don't think that should make any difference.
>>
>>342563578
The only downside is that it's mind numbingly boring.
>>
>>342563578
Nope, there are no down sides. Enemies are leveled by area, so you can grind as much as you want. Just be carefull exploring as you might end up in an area where basic enemies can 1hit you.
>>
>>342563727
>>342563608
Okay, two other things, I'm looking at my characters stats and I'm thinking I should make the girl into a black mage type and Guy into a physical attacker. Should I make Firion a white mage or what? Also what weapon types should I avoid?
>>
>>342564030
My firion was a fighter type, but I dont see why you couldn't make him a mage instead. The game can be flexible that way, its just tedious to grind up stats if you change your mind. I honestly don't remember if there are any weapon types to avoid. I used whatever seemed best at the time as far as I remember. Its been like 5 years or so since I last played though.
>>
>>342564432
I think maybe I'll go for a mix. I asked about the weapon thing because in FF1 there are a lot of bugged items and spells that don't work like they are supposed to.
>>
>>342563284
I have no idea what you're talking about.

>fun, dangerous dungeon crawling, something that disappeared from the series in VI and later
>no such thing as a useless class and the way the game is structured gives it replayability instead of ending in everyone doing everything
>reasonable balance, one of the only games in the series where status spells are very useful
>>
FF2 is objectively terrible, you're probably better off skipping straight to 4, where the series actually got good.
>>
If I love SaGa games will I enjoy FF2?
>>
>>342565125
No. Even SaGa 1 is miles better.
>>
>>342565065
It's fine I have a high tolerance for bad games. And the improvements will be interesting to see.
>>
Just play chrono trigger anon
You won't be disappointed
>>
>>342565065
FF3 is entirely worth playing. FF4 and 5 are the best games in the series, but that doesn't make 3 bad.
>>
>>342564030
If you build them up from what they start as it's super easy (Maria for instance has low HP to start so I made her my healer)

Keep in mind there's a pretty powerful spell later on that you can only give to one character, and I usually give it to Firion for headcanon reasons
>>
>>342563384
Oh boy enjoy your grind. YOu should just play Dawn of Souls
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.