[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya Confessions Time I don't really care when games have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
File: 1466336737380.jpg (413 KB, 800x1025) Image search: [Google]
1466336737380.jpg
413 KB, 800x1025
Vidya Confessions Time
I don't really care when games have minor changes during localization as long as it doesn't cut out actual gameplay, and I think the people that get angry over CENSORSHIP might actually have aspergers
>>
>>342556281
I have always thought the dualshock was a fucking awful controller and when someone says its their favourite I lose a little respect for them and question their taste from then on
>>
[Spoiler] I hardly play anything but casual online multiplayer, hardly ever beating or playing any single player games [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler] I tell people I'm not casual [/Spoiler]
>>
>>342556281
I agree wholeheartedly, but I can also see the importance of schadenfreude.

If enough people laugh at a nonsense change, the one who made it will eventually be aware that their actions are being met with ridicule.

So I'm not gonna back down because some of the people laughing with me think it's a tragedy that the panties are covered, instead of just stupid.
>>
File: what.jpg (16 KB, 362x298) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
16 KB, 362x298
>2014
>any game that censors story content or gameplay is shit

>2015
>who cares? Only gameplay matters

Anyone who thinks that there are no such thing as censorship apologists are idiots
>>
File: Autism-Child.png (1 MB, 800x474) Image search: [Google]
Autism-Child.png
1 MB, 800x474
>>342557695
>>
File: 00M0M_jX44pwLNejK_1200x900.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
00M0M_jX44pwLNejK_1200x900.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
>>342557695
>1985
>Aw sweet, I sure am glad the japs localized this awesome game for us to play! It sure is fun!

>2014
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS IS NEVER OKAY, I HOPE THIS COMPANY FUCKING GOES OUT OF BUSINESS. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE MY LEWD LOLIS ALONE REEEEEEEEEE! ITS NOT ABOUT LEWD STUFF ITS ABOUT MUH ETHICS, ITS JUST A COINCIDENCE THAT I NEVER GET UPSET WHEN NONLEWD THINGS GET CHANGED IN LOCALIZATIONS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>342557783
Oh look, butthurt ad hominem from a butthurt Nintendrone
>>
I drop games if the opening tutorial sequence goes for longer than 5 minutes
>>
>>342558001
>try to start new game
>2 hours later you're still being told what to do and how and they have given you no freedom at all to have fun

Why the fuck do they do this, why don't they give you an option to skip the tutorial segment and just jump right in?

I can't even play Harvest Moon games anymore because of how bullshit the "we need to show you everything and tell you what it is while playing cutscenes of walking around slowly" tutorials are
>>
File: 1453242491325.jpg (53 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1453242491325.jpg
53 KB, 640x720
>>342557986
The difference is games from 1985 hardly cut out story elements.

Please, keep your autistic, assblasted temper tantum to yourself and thing before shitposting about how censorship is a good thing and that boobs are problematic
>>
I always play on the easiest mode. Hell, if there's a "VERY Easy" option, I'll immediately choose that.

I have no desire to be challenged in games. I like feeling like I'm an unstoppable killing machine.
>>
File: 1464075256131.gif (2 MB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
1464075256131.gif
2 MB, 350x196
>>342558287
>The difference is games from 1985 hardly cut out story elements.
>>
>>342558451
>I have no refute so here is this picture I stole from Tumblr
We need to get rid of these over sexualized problematic boobs in society
>>
>>342558287
>implying anyone on /v/ gets upset unless something lewd has been changed.

Literally every big CENSORSHIP scandal has been about lewd outfits, mostly on underaged (in NA) characters
>>
I have no patience for any amount of challenge in games nowadays. If I get stuck I say fuckit and go watch a Youtube video.
>>
>>342558525
When you're on the bus, and a lady hides her cleavage behind her jacket because she saw you staring, do you sperg out there too and screech about censorship and how you're not a baby?
>>
>>342558530
Thats why #FE has its entire dungeons story rewritten because of anime tits right?
But I mean that doesn't count because I said so and please oh god Nintendo doesn't do anything wrong
>>
>>342557379
>wants to spoil they are casual
>doesn't spoil correctly
Like pottery
>>
File: 666.jpg (666 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
666 KB, 666x666
>>342557695
>LITERALLY came into a thread just to SHITPOST

T H E H U M A N C O N D I T I O N
>>
>>342558627
Depends,
do you make terrible food analogies on /v/ then sperg out about everyone calling you an idiot
>>
>>342558667
>Thats why #FE has its entire dungeons story rewritten
They probably rewrote #FE because its fucking retarded.
You should be ashamed of yourself for even wanting it in the first place
>>
>>342558746
>challenging opinions is now shitposting
I mean, I know these threads are global contrarian hugboxes for people to circlejerk in but come on
>>
>>342556281
this
I literally cannot bring myself to play an evil character in any game due to my crippling sense of empathy for the (nonexistant) people I'm fucking over
>>
>>342558849
>challenging opinions
By what, greentexting and saying "haha, ur dum if u don't agree with me. You don't want to be dum do u?"
>>
>>342559084
Please explain how I said that?

Looks like somebodys just TRIGGERED
>>
>>342556281
I play multiplayer games just to be helpful and aid other people online. Whenever someone gets mad at me in the game I leave my computer and go cry.
>>
>>342556281
I play videogames without my panties on
>>
>>342559041
I feel ya, anon
But I'm a pushover in real life too
>>
File: 1465348613393.jpg (147 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
1465348613393.jpg
147 KB, 500x523
>>342559298
Anti-Censorship autists use the same tactics as feminists.

"If you disagree with us, that means you're the enemy, and the enemy is full of (insert insulting thing)s. You're an (insulting thing) aren't you? Thats the only reason why you wouldn't agree with me!"

Everyone knows that "censorship" or Localization as most people call it kind of sucks, just like most people know that women are people too, however, when you start acting like a radical autist about it, you're going to make people stand up and say "I disagree with you and think you're being stupid, its not that big of a deal"

There are no "censorship apologists", just regular people that understand that localization happens.

You know what is more annoying than games being altered in localizations? Literal asperger syndrome man children that declare war on any and all discussion about certain games just because you can't see a characters cleavage or panties anymore.

I understand that you guys really really care about little girls underwear, but I don't, in fact, I don't give a shit about lewd things at all because I just find fanservice to be gaudy and often poorly written/implemented.

So when I tried to talk about Bravely Default, Xenoblade, or Fire Emblem pre-release, you guys did your best to make sure I thought you were the biggets most annoying faggots on /v/,

At least SJWs let me talk about games and complain to each other about what they don't like, you anti-censorship autists refuse to let other people like things that you don't like. You can't just have one thread about how much you don't like the changes, EVERY thread about that game needs to be about CENSORSHIIIIP (reeee)

tl;dr Fuck anti-censorship fags, I wish they would take their retarded internet activism to tumblr where it belongs.
>>
>>342560093
I agree but I never say anything because I don't want to get shitposted on
>>
>>342559752
why?
>>
>>342556281
I think Crash is better than Mario, Digimon better than Pokemon, Ys better than Zelda.
I sound like an autist who thinks that he can't like multiple games of the same genre, but really I just don't know how to properly articulate what I dislike about those games, so it's easier to just say "I don't like X because Y is better".
>>
>>342560093
SJWs don't play the video games and therefore do not appear in threads about the videogames
>>
i swear every thread on /v/ is just shitposting desu general
>>
>>342557394
Not only is your post stupid, you also don't appear to know what schadenfreude is.
>>
>>342560093
>"If you disagree with us, that means you're the enemy, and the enemy is full of (insert insulting thing)s. You're an (insulting thing) aren't you? Thats the only reason why you wouldn't agree with me!"
Never said that

>Everyone knows that "censorship" or Localization as most people call it kind of sucks, just like most people know that women are people too
And people calling that out is bad how?

>however, when you start acting like a radical autist about it, you're going to make people stand up and say "I disagree with you and think you're being stupid, its not
Except you know when /v/ collectively agreed story shouldn't be censored but then proceeded to say story is okay to censor

>There are no "censorship apologists", just regular people that understand that localization happens.
Removing story and gameplay is not "localization"

>but I don't, in fact, I don't give a shit about lewd things at all because I just find fanservice to be gaudy and often poorly written/implemented.
So your entire post just went from "I don't care about censorship" to "I actually do care about censorship

>So when I tried to talk about Bravely Default
BD2 was a game where endings were cut out of it completely

>you anti-censorship autists refuse to let other people like things that you don't like
Nobody is stopping you from discussing a game. Nobody is holding you at gunpoint saying "don't discuss this"
You're free to discuss whatever, as people are free to criticize the product

You sound like you have a major victim complex, anon.
Funniest thing is I bought Fates and XCX and I don't care about censorship like that. I don't like it, but story and gameplay tops everything else. You should probably take your entire strawman post and leave.
>>
>>342560843
Whatever cuckfag shilldrone. Get BTFO we won E3
>>
>>342561135
memes
>>
>>342561118
>So your entire post just went from "I don't care about censorship" to "I actually do care about censorship

>he doesn't like lewd things so he must want it removed!
Way to prove his point faggo
How? All that was said was that he
>>
>>342560093
Except most people were understanding about Lin's outfits being changed.
Which is the only example that fits your "girls underwear" narrative.

Default cut out multiple endings and sidequests.
Fire Emblem had all of their characters bastardized even more then they already were with the original mediocre writing.
And #FE has an entire section about the exploitation of Idol's bodies make zero fucking sense now.

In closing, fuck you and enjoy your (you)
>>
>>342561465
>he doesn't like lewd things so he must want it removed!
If he was any bit neutral he wouldn't care about lewd things and not get disgusted when they appear

The fact he had to go out of his way to bitch about how fanservice is icky shows he at least is thankful Nintendo removes it
>>
>>342561486
>sidequests
But anon that gameplay doesn't count
If its not the main adventure then it doesn't matter and needs to be cut
>>
File: 1445448416081-1.png (243 KB, 1155x816) Image search: [Google]
1445448416081-1.png
243 KB, 1155x816
>>342560093
>strawman: the post
>>
>>342561841
its pretty accurate desu
After the whole Xenoblade "controversy" over literally nothing, I can confidently say I think anti-censorshipfags are the most annoying group of people on /v/, even worse than phoneposters.

Sure, some of them might be reasonable people, but since when has that ever mattered on /v/? We only judge groups by the most obnoxious and extreme members here
>>
>>342560093
this desu senpai
>>
>>342556281

I refuse to play Overwatch because the fanbase looks like, and from everything I can tell, acts like a bunch of shit-headed preteen cunts.

Sort of sucks, though, because it looks like a really fun game.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.