[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PSN now has better sales than Steam. What the FUCK went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: fat fuck gaben.jpg (606 KB, 1905x1036) Image search: [Google]
fat fuck gaben.jpg
606 KB, 1905x1036
PSN now has better sales than Steam.

What the FUCK went wrong?
>>
>>342549782
refunds
>>
>>342549782
kys gog loser
>>342549858
kys indie """""""""dev"""""""""
>>
File: Capture.png (44 KB, 945x114) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44 KB, 945x114
GAAAAAAY!
>>
>>342549782
No competition. Steam is getting lazy with their sales. Blame yourself for not supporting origin.
>>
>>342550189
He's right though. If sales continued in the same Flash Sale / Daily format it had in previous years then everyone who had bought X game for 15% off would just refund and buy the game again if it later received it's special 33% off, making the entire practice of special sales completely fucking pointless.
>>
>>342551154

You can't refund games two weeks after purchase or after two hours of play, you couldn't really do what you said and it wouldn't have made a difference either way,
>>
Valve has a monopoly on the PC gaming market. If you want to buy a game on your PC 90% of the time you get it on Steam.

So since they have the entire PC gaming demographic at the palm of their hands, they really don't have to try anymore, because you'll buy it anyway.
>>
>>342549782
too lazy to turn my ps4 on, what're the good sales?
>>
Thanks Gaben
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpv4KEOFcKg
>>
>>342551506
>You can't refund games two weeks after purchase or after two hours of play
2 weeks is more than enough.
In previous sales you could buy a game with -xx% and find it cheaper the next day. You could just ask for a refund and then buy the game again. The problem for Valve is that, banks take a fee for a refund, so Valve lost money by giving better deals.
>>
>>342549782
Enough normies on Steam that they don't need to go low anymore. The "Steam sale" meme carries itself and newcomers think 30-40% is good enough. It is good, it's just not the 66% and higher discounts they used to have.
>>
>>342550913
T. electronic farts shill
>>
the gog sale is way better,I encourage you all to make the switch
>>
>>342549782
everything

valve is greedier than Nexon with their cashshop in dota2/csgo

they literally promote gambling
>>
>>342554862
>66% and higher
It used to be 75% on average with tons of 85s and 90s
>>
>>342554910
>my monopoly is good because it's Valve

Shut the fuck up steambecile, if you want your precious "gourmet" restaurant to improve then you have to risk spending money at the corner take-out once in a while.
>>
>>342555084
It's always been price and demand dependent. 5 years ago it was pretty much guaranteed that a $19.99 game would be on sale for 75% off. Stuff that's 85%+ off is usually $15 or cheaper at regular price. New releases usually get 20% or 33% off depending on the publisher, with the notably stingier ones getting 10% off tops.

I can't speak for how the sales are like today because like most people I already filled up my library from years ago, buying shit that's 75% and more off. Plus I have a high income now so if I want a game I'll just buy it on release. But I'm willing to bet that for the most part the sales are still relatively the same.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.