[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished pic related for the first time. holy hell, 1 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: nathun quake.jpg (339 KB, 1204x1500) Image search: [Google]
nathun quake.jpg
339 KB, 1204x1500
Just finished pic related for the first time.

holy hell, 1 and 2 are fantastic. I set them to hard mode right off the bat and had a great time.

3 is complete trash. The linearity felt so damn narrow that even combat felt like a movie. Melee was over-fucking-emphasized. The villain was lackluster. By the end, I felt pretty underwhelmed. I had to downgrade to 'Normal" by the shipyard escape and then to fucking 'Easy' after the desert walk.

All in all, 2 > 1 > 3

Last of Us HD or Uncharted 4 next?
>>
>>342545149
>Story
4 > 2 >>>> 3 = 2

>Multi
2 > 4 > 3
>>
>>342545149
Do you like horror games? While The Last of Us is not exactly survival horror, it has some survival horror elements which is why I personally like it more than Uncharted 4. Uncharted 4 though outside the overly long introduction that is very light on gameplay, is better than 3 in my opinion.
>>
>>342545149

Last of Us, then Uncharted 4. U4's story beats will hit you harder if you let more time pass between your U3 and U4 playthroughs. Plus, the Last of Us is a fantastic game.
>>
Both The Last of Us and Uncharted 4 are both great games, but The Last of Us isn't that much like the Uncharted series
>>
>>342545149
But they're all pretty damn narrow? (Still love the franchise as a solid rental experience)

Play TLoU on the PS4. It's pretty cheap and it really is a solid experience; 1080p60 at all times is a plus too I suppose.
>>
4 story feels more like 2 than 3
overall last of us is a better story and multiplayer IMO. plus its something new rather than some more drake so I would recommend playing both of them honestly if you like the collection, but TLOU first
>>
>>342545261

WROONG

Story
Last of Us > 4 > 1 >> 2 >>>> 3

Multi:

4 > Last of Us >>>> 3 > 2
>>
Well seeing as how TLOU and Uncharted only share cover shootan, just play Uncharted 4.

Then grab some snacks, a drink, get cozy, and prepare for feels.

Also stay off TLOU Online for now. You aren't ready.
>>
>>342545149
Play TLOU first. U4 is like a culmination of everything ND learned while making the Uncharted trilogy + tlou. It'll feel like you're going backwards if you play U4 first.
>>
>>342545548
>Also stay off TLOU Online for now. You aren't ready.

Tell me about it. It seems very fun and I want to enjoy an online game that isn't an FPS but goddamn it is ridiculous just how terrible I'm at the game.
>>
honestly don't know why /v/ shits on all of naughty dog so much.
Yeah you won't get 1000 hours out of them like CS:GO, LoL, or these autism simulators like bethesda rpgs, but you will get a very fun experience from them and it won't cost you your social life and sanity
>>
File: 1464714682304.jpg (26 KB, 381x377) Image search: [Google]
1464714682304.jpg
26 KB, 381x377
>>342545149
>started uncharted 4 on crushing
>mfw the pirate island
that fucking ship graveyard with 2 machine gunners was infuriating
>>
i never played uncharted before and my friend says its an amazing game and let me borrow uncharted 4. does this game ever become not incredibly boring? it's just climb climb climb, shoot some people, get back to climbing, then watch a 15 minute cut scene. i
>>
Who /FightForFortune/ here?
>>
File: U4 ch20 wave2.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
U4 ch20 wave2.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>342545815
oh it's not that bad, you just have to know what to do and do it fast
>>
two is overrated.
>>
File: 1460822408483.jpg (24 KB, 570x574) Image search: [Google]
1460822408483.jpg
24 KB, 570x574
>>342546152
fuck man
>>
>>342545682
TLOU Online can/will be very competitive.
If you aren't fully aware of how people play then the learning curve is steep.

and by this point the majority of the community knows how to play. Once you get the hang of it, its extremely fun.

I will even go as far as to saying when MGO2 servers shut down this was a great replacement.
>>
File: laundry room.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
laundry room.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>342546012
turn up the difficulty until the combat is actually challenging. You shouldn't be able to beat the fights easily without ever having even played any of the other games. You can turn it up to crushing in the game options if you think hard is too easy, even on your first playthrough.

You want it to be like you push out and kill some people and move to a new location whenever you've got full health, then when you get too hurt while doing it, you take cover and hold them off with blindfire or nades as they rush in and try to finish you off. Makes for some really awesome and tense fights
>>
>likes Uncharted 1
>hates 3
how is this even possible? 1 is the most mediocre game I've played in my entire life

TLoU>U4>U3=U2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>U1
>>
is U4 multiplayer worth playing? bout to be done with the single and dont have much else to play
>>
File: 1466291428076.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1466291428076.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>342548643
I've never tried it myself but it seems like most people who liked the single player love it. I've heard you need to find a team to play with if you want to actually win, because if you try and do matchmaking solo you just get matched against dream teams while your team is nothing but scrubs.

It's a little basic right now but they are adding more modes and coop / survival stuff in a month or two
>>
>>342548643
Give it a go, yeah.

Most players have already gotten used to Sidekicks and know how to counter them though, and Saviors are unreliable outside of recharging your grenades. Better to spend your loadout points for sure on a gun you like, grenades, and skills to compliment them.
>>
>>342545815
Pro tip anon, if you keep the sniper fully stocked from earlier in the cave, you'll have enough ammo to kill enough enemies to trigger the machine gun assholes to spawn, then you've just got to kill the runners who come after you and take cover at the far back of the area and one the gunners get close enough you can jump into the water and get past them, and trigger the next checkpoint
>>
>>342549404
Not even just scrubs, but LAN parties out to sabotage competitors.
>>
>>342549404
You are gonna need a solid team if you plan on playing revive/support, I prefer a stealthy flanking approach and it actually works better with randoms because they're so predictable. My w/l is shit to be sure but I go 16/13/4 every game and it's fun for an hour here and there
>>
>>342545149
That shipyard in 3 is total fucking bullshit enemies shoot at you from 50 yards away w pinpoint accuracy and there are like 25 of them. 2 and 1 are FUN games
>>
>>342550353
Yeah that part was hard (the rusty ship graveyard, right?) but you I found you could stealth most of the guys and finish the rest off with the turret once they found you. I had the most trouble with the horse-chase/convoy part in U3, and there was one particular QTE during the fight with Talbot in the middle of the game where you had to press triangle at like superhuman speeds to avoid being drowned in a fountain
>>
>>342545149
Personally I'd go with
2>3>4
Never got to finish 1 because my ps3 shit the bed, but I'm going to get the NDC in a few days, anyway.
I didn't play golden abyss either because handheld
>>
>>342545149
UC1 is pretty terrible. The shooting is bad, and the game is nothing but shooting. It's just wave after wave of enemy. Enemies will spawn from behind pillars and flank you, and you have no way of knowing where and when this will happen until it does for the first time.

UC2 is the overall best part of the series. The weakest part is typical UC problems, e.g. villains just letting you live for no real reason.

UC3 had the potential to be the best in the series, but it very obviously suffers from internal development problems. The first half and second half are very different -- it's very apparent that they had an idea for story progression but abandoned many aspects of it. It also doesn't help that Chloe and Cutter had to be written out because of Cutter's actor needing to leave the project for other business. Talbot had a lot of potential to be a fun rival, but they once again abandoned whatever proposed written reasoning for his mysteriousness, so he just feels like some weird cyborg magician.

You should play UC4 next so you can appreciate how much better it is than the other 3. Moreover, TLoU doesn't really play like Uncharted at all aside from shooting guns and hiding behind things.
>>
File: Stop Invincible Kek.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Kek.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>342545149
The idea that 1 is fantastic but 3 is somehow trash is fucking laughable.
>>
Really? Like seriously? I thought the first one was so god damn awful. All that time spent looking for the one grabable ledge, average third person shooting, wooden Mary Sue characters and just generally shitty level design. (Except for when you get closer to the submarine)
I never understood the obsession with this game series.
>>
>>342546012
It takes a while for the story to get going, but it's good.
>>
I'm surprised the thread went normally this far without console war shitposting.
>>
I played Uncharted 1 and it was so bad that I have not played any other games in the series. Is it possible that they actually get worse from there?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.