[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help, bros. I haven't played a RTS since Brood War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: supcom.jpg (40 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
supcom.jpg
40 KB, 460x215
I need help, bros.

I haven't played a RTS since Brood War and I hear great things about SupCom.

What game in the series do I buy?
>>
>>342544578
vanilla/forged alliance

ignore 2 and the planetary annihilation games
>>
Forged Alliance is fantastic
2 is alright but doesnt live up to expectations
>>
The first one. Also Forged Alliance
>>
If you're looking to jump online, get Forged Alliance and download Forged Alliance Forever, pretty active multiplayer with balance updates

If you're looking for single player stuff, vanilla and then FA
>>
>>342544701
>>342544720
>>342544757
I'll just but Gold then and pass on 2. Thanks, bros.
>>
>>342544894
Good to know. My online friends hate RTS though so I might just be playing solo till I get a hang of things.

Forged Alliance Forever sounds interesting though. I'll give it a look. Thanks
>>
OP's question has been successfully answered (FA is truly the right answer), so I'm just going to hijack this thread so that I don't have to start a new one for a simple question.

I hear Ashes of the Singularity is a good spiritual successor to SupCom. Is this true? Is the game any good, or is it just a dick measuring tool for AMD?
>>
>>342544578
I am more of a cnc fan, with Generals/Zero Hour being my favorite. I like Sc1 and loved Broodwar. With that said I did not like Sup Com, either of them.

Since they are dirt cheap maybe buy and play, but keep it under two hours, so if you don't like it, you can return it.
>>
>>342545150
>but keep it under two hours, so if you don't like it, you can return it.
This is literally impossible. The moment you launch the game you're signing half of your day away.
>>
>>342545089
No problem with hijacking this thread. There's never enough RTS discussion on /v/.

>>342545150
I really wish I tried out the Command and Conquer games more. I only remember playing a little bit of one on the PlayStation. I should give them a shot.
>>
>>342545624
CnC3 is decent if you want something more updated, if you can stand older games, the first few games and Generals/Zero Hour are fantastic

avoid 4 like the plague
>>
>>342545758
Noted. I'll have to make some time to visit the series.

I spent too much time in my youth playing Diablo 2 and BW so there's some games I missed out on.
>>
>>342545624
The C&C series got bought by EA, so from a loving fan, you should pirate them all without care.

Every single damn one except for C&C4. That doesn't exist.
>>
>>342545758

Gonna throw in my hat for Generals/Zero Hour as well, feels like more of a modern RTS but keeps the feel of older C&C alive without getting into 3's attempt at evolution and 4's botched everything.
>>
>>342546883
3 was alright... as a game...
Story and faction flavor was fucked...
But it was at least as good as RA2.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.