[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to decide between 24" and 27". I sit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg (21 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1863xk84tlu9yjpg.jpg
21 KB, 636x358
I'm trying to decide between 24" and 27". I sit 2-3 feet away from my monitor. I heard for shooters such as Battlefield that you want one that will fit in your peripheral vision. I don't see any poll option here so please just post the size you recommend and explain why. Thanks guys and gals.
>>
>>342533150
monitor

The only reason you use a tv instead of a monitor is when you watch movies or stream videos
>>
You posted this thread twice already, go to /r/masterrace if you want answers, we play on TVs at /v/
>>
If your waifu is an A-cup or a B-cup, go 23" or 24". If your waifu is C-cup or higher, you'll have more luck with 27"
>>
bought a 27" screen, dont want to go back ever.
i'm a fool who's easily parted from his money so i also fell for the 144hz meme.. also never want to go back to 60hz now.
>>
>>342533749
shut up retard

27 is good and 32 is the limit. Monitor is what you want if you are looking for good framerates for fps. TVs say they have high frames but its bullshit and the highest they can get is 60. Anything higher is using frame interpolation.

dont fall for the faggots who say the human eye cant see past 30fps. In actuality its around 200fps on a monitor.
>>
>>342533512
But why?
>>
>>342533150
watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxvu7qf6rDw
>>
I bought a sony 3d display a couple years back and it still works fine. Great picture, great size but the sound isn't that great so be prepared to get external speakers. I got mine for 100 bucks, but I'm sure they have them cheaper. It's basically like having a big vita screen which is good.
>>
>>342533828
What if you like DFC?
>>
>>342534847
>handheldgaming.jpg
>>
File: 5235345345.png (61 KB, 198x265) Image search: [Google]
5235345345.png
61 KB, 198x265
>>342533749
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>342534847
>>342535031
not even a handful senpai
>>
I've been using a 720p old lcd tv as monitor for a while, and it's fucking garbage, all resolutions look slightly off. Only time it's not noticeable is when watching videos or playing 3D vidya, but any 2D game or 2D text looks like ass. Maybe if you use a 4k tv as for the individual pixels to not matter it may be viable.
>>
>>342533150
27" 1080/60/5ms IPS monitor owner here
It's a perfect desk size and more immersive than a 24", and cheap
Plug your consoles in too for bonus points
>>
>>342533150

TVs usually only support one or a small number of resolutions. It's not uncommon for PC games to have their own default resolution, and with older games you need to have the game open to change it. This means you basically cannot play these games because the resolution is not supported and you have no way of changing it.
>>
>>342534093
I hope they're 1440p monitors too you memeloving shitter. Enjoy your 720p equivalent in 2017 when UHD HDR QD/OLED is fucking everywhere. Literall kys times ahead.
>>
>>342534674
tv monitor usually have bad response time (the time it takes for the screen to refresh the frame)

Most monitors have a response time of 10ms (meaning the screen is refreshed with the latest frame from the PC every 10 ms)

TVs however have a response time of 25 to 40 ms (depending on the manufacturer). This means roughly loosing 2 frames every second (the TV doesn't even show the frame because it cant refresh fast enough)

If you play fast games like FPS or fighting games, use a monitor
If you play slower pace games like RPGs, you can use a TV
>>
>>342533150

Computer = Monitor
Console = TV
>>
>>342534558
>>342533150

There is really no reason to go TV unless you sit far away and can't afford a Monitor of the necessary size. 24" should be fine for 2-3 feet away. Image clarity is better for shooters than a wide screen, you'll want your FoV high anyway.
>>
What's a better set up for a pc: monitor+monitor or monitor+tv?
>>
25" QHD monitor here.
Probably the best purchase I've ever made.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.