[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Link being male doesn't matter to the core of his character.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 132
File: poly gone.png (364 KB, 720x897) Image search: [Google]
poly gone.png
364 KB, 720x897
Link being male doesn't matter to the core of his character. However, I understand that a male figure is a cosmetic that people enjoy, that is why I proposed a gender option. So you can choose to play as the figure that best frames your experience.

Zelda is an RPG. You roleplay as a character that you chose to best frame your experience. Zelda has manipulated stats (you can choose whether or not to take hearts). It has exploration like other RPGs. In the 3ds version of games, you have some diaolog option (inb4 they don't matter, FF has them as well).

Zelda was always a RPG, albeit on the lighter side. Denying that BoTW isn't a RPG is ridiculous. It has many roles and behavior character takes (cooking for example), stats in weapon, variety in those weapons, and all of the above that's already been mentioned.

There isn't much difference between Zelda and Skyrim at this pont.

>but link is a pre-set character. This is not Mass Effect!
Other RPGs do this as well. Ever played Shin Megami Tensei games? Ever played FF? What about the Xeno games?

>inb4 SMT has multiple endings
It's more of a RPG then. Not all RPGs have that feature.

Why is it that everytime I speak to the deniers, you only know about Western games. The same goes for the typical Zelda fan.
>>
>>342525724
Are those HP increases permanenet for a whole playthrough? Maybe. Another customization like Mana increase? Then that's more likely they are RPG.

And Zelda doesn't just have those things, as argued in another post. However, it is still considered a light RPG.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse could also be argued to be a RPG.

>>342525889
>it's not the same thing because I say so

A shitty argument. You cannot even explain why.

>People who intentionally disregard hearts do so for the challange or speedruns, not for roleplay purposes.

False. One can do so for roleplay purposes. Maybe not the majority, but that's beside the point anyway. The game should be judged for what it is, not for what people strictly do with it.

Come back when your few synapses are capable of connecting the dots.
>>
Why is Ben Kuchera still breathing?
>>
>>342526959
>A shitty argument. You cannot even explain why.
I did, you're just so dumb that the only thing you can do is repeat observations made about you like a child.

You have failed to explain how it isn't customization. So then you deflected and talked about speedrunners.

>But they don't,
They do, there are some who roleplay.

>because the amount of hearts you have has no meangful impact on the roleplaying.
Sure it has impact. Link is about the whole courage thing. It's very courageous to tackle the adventure with little hearts as possible. Heck, he could go midway and ignore some hearts instead of all.

>It's not a RPG
>Becuase Zelda is not a roleplaying game,
>Which is not an RPG. Zelda is not a roleplaying game.

You're quite the retard. That's circular reasoning there.

>Come back when you're able to rub two braincells together instead of shitting all over the thread and exposing yourself as an ignorant fuckass.

You're projecting your stupidity. "X is X because I say so" is the epitome of retardation.
>>
link is a guy, zelda is a woman. that's how the story was written and that's how it's been since 1986.

if you don't like that, play another game.
>>
link is better as a cute boy
>>
>>342531210
>>342531260
It's a fantasy story. They can do whatever they want. There is literally no reason not to break the lore.

I mean fuck it's not like Zelda games are consistent from game to game.
>In OoT he switches around between being a kid now and then a squid no... I mean an Adult. He's also the chosen one
>in MM he's a slightly older kid that gets fucked by a cursed kid and transforms into different species to save the day
>in WW he's largely just some guy trying to save his sister and some other folk in the process. Also he controls the wind
>in TP he's a fucking dog for half the game with a very erotic imp on his back.
And you're telling me: "Oh no he couldn't be a girl. That would not fit with the lore at all" He can be literally any race and even a fucking animal but he can't be a fucking girl? Or he can't be captured while you play as Zelda? Go fuck yourself. "bu-but that was only temporary! he wasn't really a dog he was just transformed!" So what? You still played large fucking parts of the game as a god damn dog. SURELY you can survive being a girl for one game.
>>
Don't reply to bait threads.
>>
>>342530906
Link being male does matter to the core of his character. I don't him to a weak, stupid, selfish woman.
>>
>>342527405
>Nigga, are you retarded? As in literally fucking retarded?
You're conceding that Zelda games have manipulated stats.

>RPG elements
>it's still an action-adventure game
Not mutually exclusive.

>>342527405
>And no, being able to not pick up hearts does not make it an RPG anymore than having combat makes it a fighting game.
Sure that's customization of stats.

The only way you can argue against that is to try to argue they're not stat and there is no customization (which is false).

>They don't. Zelda is not a role playing game.
It's a role playing game.

>And using the ability to pickup hearts to label Zelda as an RPG and justify a gender option for character creation isn't?

Fuck off retard., Link should be male.

>This is patently false and you clearly have never played any TES game let alone Skyrim if you think otherwise.
There aren't much difference when it comes to the latest Zelda, BoTW.

>You are completely fucking retarded if you think Zelda is in the same genre as those games.

You're incapable of making a counter argument and so you resort to Ad Hominem. I'll take it that you're conceding.

>You literally brought up Skyrim as a point of comparision you shithead

You (or your boyfriend) mentioned Mass Effect first. Learn to read, retard.

>Why does it matter if the game is western or Japanese?
Irrelevant.

>Zelda is not an RPG where you customize your character and roleplay.
False.

>predetermined character
Like many RPGs.

You have no argument.
>>
>>342530906
Because the concept is man/boy saving a princess. Not a girl saving a princess.
>>
>>342531506
He has been a boy but he has no male traits whatsoever. he's an androgynous fuck in most of them, and he doesn't really have any typical male character traits other than maybe that he's a bit intimidated by girls he likes in OoT. But that's hardly "one of his defining traits", His defining traits are that fucking tunic and that he is brave. that he shows courage and does what's right no matter what he has to face. "Being a man" is a defining trait for duke nukem or serious sam or even Dante to an extend. But certainly not one of Links.
>>
>>342530906
Cause the creator said no. Cool cool, so how bout we play some vidya instead of being a massive puss.
>>
>>342531328
> They can do whatever they want.
Indeed, and if they want him to stay a dude, then that's all the reason you need.
>>
>>342531328
>>342531139
>>342531007
>>342530906
>>342531507
It's not that he CAN'T, or that he SHOULDN'T, it's that he's NOT.

There is literally no reason to change him into a woman.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Why can't they just assume Link is in some way a girl since these people love to fuck up names and lables like they have no meaning?
>>
>>342531328
>There is literally no reason not to break the lore.

you need to do better than that m8.
>>
Because I hate women lol

Now off to fuck my 19 y/o gf
>>
>>342531647
>>342531717
>>342531640
That is literally not what they're saying. They're saying "we couldn't come up with a way to have a female character and make the triforce work so we defaulted back to our traditional makeup"
That is what they're saying. I also think that their original makeup is a good one. A very traditional tried and true hero-girl-villain setup as seen in stories since the beginning of time. It's a good setup. But to argue that they HAD to come back to that because the triforce wouldn't work when playing as Zelda... how is that not Bullshit? How?
>>
They've said in an interview somewhere(I don't remember source) that if they wanted a Zelda game starring a girl, they'd make a game starring Zelda. When they considered this, they were too far along developing BotW, so they didn't bother implementing it for this game.
>>
>>342531575
This

Zelda was established with this generic fantasy concept from the beginning. Stop trying to change it for your underage Yuri fantasies
>>
File: ClpIjjNUgAIiWVC.jpg (38 KB, 564x395) Image search: [Google]
ClpIjjNUgAIiWVC.jpg
38 KB, 564x395
How do you do, fellow gamers?
>>
File: 08kMLt5.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
08kMLt5.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>342530906
Link being male doesn't matter to the core of his character. However, I understand that a male figure is a cosmetic that people enjoy, that is why I proposed a gender option. So you can choose to play as the figure that best frames your experience.

Zelda is an RPG. You roleplay as a character that you chose to best frame your experience. Zelda has manipulated stats (you can choose whether or not to take hearts). It has exploration like other RPGs. In the 3ds version of games, you have some diaolog option (inb4 they don't matter, FF has them as well).

Zelda was always a RPG, albeit on the lighter side. Denying that BoTW isn't a RPG is ridiculous. It has many roles and behavior character takes (cooking for example), stats in weapon, variety in those weapons, and all of the above that's already been mentioned.

>but link is a pre-set character. This is not Mass Effect!
Other RPGs do this as well. Ever played Shin Megami Tensei games? Ever played FF? What about the Xeno games?

>inb4 SMT has multiple endings
It's more of a RPG then. Not all RPGs have that feature.

Why is it that everytime I speak to the deniers, you only know about Western games. The same goes for the typical Zelda fan.

Short answer

Because it's nintendo's fucking game

Long answer

Because it's Nintendo's fucking game and they can do whatever they want with their IP. Link is an established MALE character in a franchise where that fact is literally set in stone in the lore. Make Zelda a hero maybe but don't fucking ruin Link with this slacktivism gender equality bullshit for people who don't actually care about video games and just want fucking brownie points for being progressive.
>>
>>342531328
there's no reason to break it
>>
I want a bara Princess(male) Zelda!
>>
>>342530906
>embodiment of courage
>not integral to his character
Why do the people who writes these things always ignorant of the lore?
>>
File: 1375821369254.jpg (28 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
1375821369254.jpg
28 KB, 524x336
>>342530906
>Wanting to make Link female
>Wanting to make Link less attractive
>>
>>342530906
>Link's being male doesn't matter to the core of his character
Who are you to say that? If the developers think him being male suits his character, do they not have the creative freedom to make him so?
>>
>>342531736
>>342531826
Zelda Lore is already a vastly convoluted mess that's all over the fucking place. I really don't get why ya'all niggas are fine with him being a deku-kid, a zora guitarist and a fucking dog but him being female is too much of a stretch.
>>
Yare yare daze.

What a waste of time.
>>
>>342530906
He's not a woman because Nintendo doesn't want to change their iconic thirty year old mascot.
>>
>>342531612
Bravery is a male trait. Females being brave gets them and their offspring killed so they are programmed against courageous behavior.
>>
File: 1455633495248.jpg (52 KB, 716x724) Image search: [Google]
1455633495248.jpg
52 KB, 716x724
Fight the good fight feminists
>>
>>342530906
>Zelda was always a RPG
Get the fuck out. BotW is closest it's ever come to such a thing.
>>
I'm so sick and tired of these faggots. I can't wait for shit to hit the fan in society so we can put pussies like this in their place. Fuck
>>
File: boosto.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
boosto.webm
3 MB, 852x480
Just kill Japan already!
>>
>>342531870
I'm not arguing change for the sake of change. I'm arguing for a game to be more fun, as games should aim to be. Every change you make in a creative field, is about potentiality.
>>
Why do people care so much? Last time I gave a shit about what gender the MC of a game was I was about 6 years old.
>>
>>342530906
Since when was Zelda a RPG?
>>
File: (You).jpg (33 KB, 525x320) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
33 KB, 525x320
>>342530906
>Zelda is an RPG
>>
it's their game, they can do what they want. if people don't like it, sod off. they aren't forced to buy it.
>>
>>342530906
>SMT
>FF
>Xeno series
>gender selection
>>
>>342531942
>associating traits with gender
lol
>>
File: 1414764122172.jpg (45 KB, 366x364) Image search: [Google]
1414764122172.jpg
45 KB, 366x364
>>342531328
There is literally no reason to break it either, moron.
>>
WHY DOESN'T AOUNUMA READ MY TUMBLR REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>342531797
Because the creator said so. It's really not this hard. But hey, if you're so passionate about being a girl in Zelda, how about you make a fucking Zelda-like game with a female lead instead of complaining about not being one in a defined game.
>>
>>342531973
>>342532053
Zelda has manipulated stats (you can choose whether or not to take hearts). It has exploration like other RPGs. In the 3ds version of games, you have some diaolog option (inb4 they don't matter, FF has them as well).

>>
>>342530906
>Kuchera
oh look, more clickbait
>>
>>342531849
Truly, young androgynous men are a blessing to humanity.
>>
File: 1451733315869.png (527 KB, 838x630) Image search: [Google]
1451733315869.png
527 KB, 838x630
Why does link have to be a woman?

I don't think Zelda has been depicted as weak in any of the games, she's always been pretty crucial in the stories, just not the adventuring part. Hell, Link is essentially her errand boy while she deals with all the political stuff
>>
>>342530906
why can't ben kuchera of polygon be a woman?
>>
>>342532053
Anon, obviously, SMT is Persona. P3P portable...hello?
>>
>>342530906
>Ever played FF?
But the majority of Final Fantasy games have preset characters. Or is this referring to something else?

Personally I'd prefer Link stay a man, because even though there are slight differences like hair color across his different incarnations, changing his sex is a much more significant change.

That doesn't mean I'd be against a female playable character. If they brought Aryll back and made it an option to play through the game as her instead of Link I'd be totally fine with that. No reason she can't save the day even without the Spirit of the Hero in her, or you could say it got split between the two siblings or something.
>>
>>342530906
>Zelda is an RPG
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>342532053
>>342532031
>>342532027
>It's an action adventure game with a predetermined character defined by the creators which you have little to no say in.

So like FF characters. Like SMT main character in some entries.

>inb4 but those don't count since you can choose which stat gets what point

So there is customization. Hence, that's a key defining feature. Well, Zelda has those things as well. Manipulating HP and magic stat.

>inb4 it doesn't count

Deflecting because you're losing the argument. The best you can do is argue that Zelda is a light RPG. But to claim it isn't, just shows how emotional you are with no logic. You're probably a feminist.
>>
>>342532073
>not
>>
Because literally nobody gave a shit when it finally happened.
>>
>>342531901
Those things changed gameplay in some way by giving him different abilities, strengths and weaknesses.
Turning him into a girl would do no such thing and would be purely cosmetic.
>>
every side of this argument makes a bunch of useless, moot points. this controversy was created because of some rumor about being able to play as female. this was never substantiated and nothing changed, nothing was GOING to change but people still expected a female link, and now they're mad about something that was never going to happen

>>342531901
it's not too much of a stretch. it's just not gonna happen because it was never going to. you invented something to get mad about due to some rumor.
>>
>Ben Kuchera
Stopped reading right there. Fuck off OP.
>>
File: minnie.jpg (9 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
minnie.jpg
9 KB, 269x200
Why are people so incapable of inserting themselves as a character of an opposite gender? Are they not allowed to read a book with a narrator of an opposite gender because they can't insert themselves?

To everyone requesting a female Link (even as an option) in the Zelda series, why are you so insecure about yourself? Why can't you just accept that a series might just have a protagonist who has been so established over the years in different incarnations that it wouldn't suit the series otherwise?

Christ, imagine Tomb Raider with male Lara Croft. No one, not even those supporting the "Zelda but with girl" argument, would agree to it.

>different Link with each timeline argument
The whole thing revolves around a boy going on an adventure. The vision of the creator, saying that he used to play in the wild a lot.

There is no argument to be made for a playable female Link in Zelda. Move on to a different series.
>>
>>342532246
>There is no roleplay though.
Well let's you, argue against that...

>You play as the same link that everyone else does in the game
>except with less or more health/items/mana

You're not even consistent with your own bullshit.

>You're desperately grasping at straws to turn Zelda into a roleplaying game based on fucking heart pickups. Think about how retarded you're being.

Grasping at straws is code for : "Those differences don't count because it proves me wrong!"

>It's also your own argument.
Go ahead and quote me verbatim where I said anything resemblem circular logic.

>Your precious observations are based on retardations and the misintepretation on the meaning of character customization.

There is no different meaning. The definition of customization is the same in the English language as the one used here. It means to modify to one's own preferences and will.

>You don't know what the word deflection means
Considering you keep deflecting, you're proving you don't know what it means.

>speedrunning
So min maxers in RPG who do it for speedrunning makes those games not RPG.

You're incredibly retarded. Every single argument you made dismisses most RPGs from the genre.
>>
Whoever wrote this ought to be unemployed.
>>
>>342532131
>In the 3ds version of games, you have some diaolog option

I haven't played the remakes, did they actually add this? Because the originals had some (Talon asking if you want to marry his daughter, stuff like that). Did they add more?
>>
I hate that the technicalities of the ingame lore as opposed to real-world practicality and respect of other individual's work and characters allowed for a weird cadre of gender-politics obsessed internet morons to jam their foot in the door and absolutely refuse to remove it or acknowledge how stupid they've been acting for this particular series.

The absurdity and entitlement is off the charts.
>>
>>342532236
Fuck, you're right. That one SMT spinoff and the single Xeno game that let you choose the gender of the main character invalidate the rest of the franchise.
>>
I wouldn't mind if a Zelda game had a heroic, female lead, however I see no reason to genderbend Link himself. They also need to stop feminizing him. Best Link was the lithe yet strong Link, so I wouldn't want him over masculine either.
>>
>>342532271
So, when a mother saves her child from a dangerous situation it's called "instincts" and not "bravery" in your book, right?
>>
File: murrica.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
murrica.png
484 KB, 582x600
>you were a kid and all your favorite games were made in a time when vidya wasn't poisoned by SJWs

Feels good anons
>>
>>342532370
>There is no argument to be made for a playable female Link in Zelda.
Yes there is. If you are a game creator looking to make their game as fun as possible.
>>
Because nintendo mainhouse does not give a fuck about your agendas and politics.
>>
>>342532406
Holy shit, are you having a meltdown?
Kill yourself Tumblr.
>>
>>342532053
dump it and kill this shit thread please
>>
Link SHE come to town come to take down the patriarchy
>>
The real thing that needs to happen is a full r63 zelda
>male princess
>female link
>male shota midna
>male impa
>musclegirl ganon
>>
>>342531998
That's not how it works
>>
>>342532562

Zelda is an RPG. You have no argument

>Chosing whether or not to pick up a heart or MP item does not change the character that you play as.
It certainly does. It makes the character more endurant in taking damage and more endurant in casting magic.

Do you even read what you're writing?

>You're still fucking link
And Cloud is still fucking Cloud in FFVII.

>That's not the same as roleplaying
It can be. People input their roleplay if they want. Anyway, it's not like RPGs are solely meant for that. Plenty of RPGs are played for solely min maxing.
>>
>>342531797
The idea that gender is cosmetic is fucking retarded. When writing a story, everything and everyone has (or should) context defined by those things which within there lie.

Characters genders represent core character dynamics and involves them on an emotional level with each other based on our own understanding of gender dynamics.

Saying that changing him into a girl has no effect on the story is about the most mentally handicapped thing a person in this life or the next could possibly say about character involvement in a game based largely around its lore, and you're trivializing the very aspects of the series you hold so fond.

I'm not even a Zelda-fag and I can see this. Sorry that you're an SJW that feels shitted on, but no one, including me or the creators, gives a shit.
>>
>>342532514
Don't worry, they'll dig up their corpses and shit on them anon, sullying any particular fondness you have.

How many 'reboots' have actually be OK? DX:HR was OK, not amazing, but OK. That's about it.
>>
>>342532513
that's called mental illness
>>
>>342530906
>Link being male doesn't matter to the core of his character
What? He's a well established reincarnated Hero of Hyrule.

Why would he be a girl? Actually there is no reason we can't have a Prince with the Goddess Hylia's bloodline.
>>
>>342532370
Not to mention that many people have even noted if these people actually had a fucking brain they would make an argument for Zelda being the protagonist for once,
and even that falls flat when most of the fuckfaces who argue for it boil it down to "have Zelda replace Link hurr durr muh Master Sword for girls too FUCK WISDOM".
>>
>>342531328
>they can do whatever they want
Well cool, they want link to be a guy. Case close everyones happy (except you) can everyone finally kill themselves?
>>
>>342530906
>You cany argue with fac-
Nintendo said no.
>Buh-but my reasons...

Nintendo can do whatever they want with thier IPs. Dont like it? Dont buy it.
>>
>>342530906
Wait you just admitted that there are many RPGs with preset characters such as SMT and Final Fantasy where you cannot change the gender of characters, so why does the argument that Zelda is an RPG even matter in the debate as to whether Link should be a girl?
>>
>>342532665
Zelda isn't an RPG, you have autism.
>>
File: comfy link.png (130 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
comfy link.png
130 KB, 400x400
>>342530906
>Being this assblasted by a game
>>
File: is this bait.jpg (23 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
is this bait.jpg
23 KB, 527x409
>>342532525
>fun
>gender having anything to do with fun
>>
File: 1463617065113.gif (4 MB, 344x203) Image search: [Google]
1463617065113.gif
4 MB, 344x203
>women scream, cry, and complain their way into every hobby
>expect me to treat them as equals
>>
>>342532759
>your reading comprehension
I'm not arguing for or against male link. I'm arguing for artistic integrity and not bullshiting customers with lines like "If we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do?" Implying that a big reason not to do it is because a huge fucking team of writers wouldn't be able to figure out what to do with link if you play as Zelda is just plain insulting.

I literally don't care about link being male or female. couldn't give a fuck. I like male link. always have. The whole argument here is that their excuses are absolutely laughable and they should be called out on them.
If they want to just make male links because that's how they want it that's 100% fine by me.

Saying "oh we can't make you play as a female beause we don't know how to make a game like that" is bs and you know it.
>>
>>342532131
Combat however, does not rely any statistics, and the meat of the game relies on learning to navigate environments. Exploration os not an element indicative of an RPG, most RPGs, JRPGS in particular, have fairly linear progression. More importantly, and this refers to both J and W RPGs environmental interaction is key in BotW where as it's non existent in pretty much every open world RPG out there.

While BotW comes closer to other Zeldas to an RPG, it's most important aspects succeed in avoiding becoming that trite.
>>
>>342532665
it's not gonna happen just because you asked for it.
>>
>>342532734
DKCR and Tropical Freeze were great
>>
File: 1382815372799.gif (2 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1382815372799.gif
2 MB, 350x263
>>342532665
>Zelda is an RPG
My favorite RPG is God Hand.
>>
>>342530906

Who cares

If you haven't matured past Zelda and are so stunted you need to push gender politics into Nintendo games to feel like an adult suicide is probably the best answer to your questionable existence
>>
File: 1450217962255.png (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450217962255.png
128 KB, 500x500
>ME3 releases
>people are upset about the outright lies regarding the ending
>Journalists all say "gamers are so entitled the writer can write whatever they want and not have to cater"
>Same journalists demand Nintendo change Link into a girl because they said so

The hypocrisy is delicious.
>>
why can't link be a girl? why can't epona be a boy? why can't metroid take place during the great depression with samus as a washed up boxer just trying to put food on the table for his family? why can't? why can't? WHY? WHY CAN'T ANYTHING? WHY NOT? WHY NOT EVERYTHING? HOW ABOUT NOTHING, YOU FDUCKING CUNTS
>>
>>342530906
>ywn play a Zelda game again without an sjw website shitting on the vision of a nice old Japanese dude who has fond memories of his childhood and just wants to make stories for families to enjoy together
Feels fucking bad man
>>
File: 1463695200752.png (662 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1463695200752.png
662 KB, 630x630
Women and numales will be the death of western society
>>
>>342532817
>>342533002
Deflecting because you're losing the argument. The best you can do is argue that Zelda is a light RPG. But to claim it isn't, just shows how emotional you are with no logic. You're probably a feminist.

>It's an action adventure game with a predetermined character defined by the creators which you have little to no say in.

So like FF characters. Like SMT main character in some entries.

>inb4 but those don't count since you can choose which stat gets what point

So there is customization. Hence, that's a key defining feature. Well, Zelda has those things as well. Manipulating HP and magic stat.
>>
File: 636464634634634.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
636464634634634.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>Link will NEVER EVER be a female
Waifushitters and SJW can suck it
>>
>>342532285
>nobody gave shit
Shit nigger, Linkle reveal was a magical time. Autists and SJWs were pissed while us waifufags were celebrating.
>>
Make mario a girl
>>
File: 1441620735970.png (629 KB, 550x1600) Image search: [Google]
1441620735970.png
629 KB, 550x1600
Lets be real here. It's 2016 and game development has never been so easy. Popular engines like GameMaker, Unity, and UE4 will let you make games with a tiny bit of coding and tons of drag and drop. The documentation is so complete and there are so many other people out there offering help that you can go in with no programming experience and put together your first game in a week.

If so many people actually wanted a game where Link was a girl they could get together and make one. But they won't because first of all the hardest thing about game dev that stops everyone in their tracks is that no one has the drive to finish a game. It's really fun the first couple of days when you're putting together big concepts like movement and inventory systems and combat, but it slows down drastically the closer you get to a completed game. And the people who actually have that drive aren't going to work for free on a fan game that's just " X game but with girls" when they could be working towards something they care about that's going to pay the bills.
And second is that the people complaining about this the most don't really care about playing as a girl. There are tons of games just like Zelda starring female adventurers. What they want to do is excersise their authority because they love the rush of being able to say that they forced a big corporation to bend to their will.
>>
>>342532896
>and they should be called out on them

No, you should get a life your lying sperg. No on should be called out by you. You probably shouldn't even be permitted access to the Internet.
>>
Anybody got a link to that butt blasted neogaf thread?
>>
>SJWs going full IT'S NOT FAIR mode because Nintendo didn't change a character to suit their needs, when there was never any indication they would do so in the first place
This is surreal as shit.
>>
>>342532734
Rayman Origins / Legends were great if they count.
>>
Link is male because zelda is popular as fuck with chicks and they want to oogle his bish elf body.
>>
>>342532936
You're conceding that Zelda games have manipulated stats.

>RPG elements
>it's still an action-adventure game
Not mutually exclusive.

>A shitty argument. You cannot even explain why.
I did, you're just so dumb that the only thing you can do is repeat observations made about you like a child.

You have failed to explain how it isn't customization. So then you deflected and talked about speedrunners.

>But they don't,
They do, there are some who roleplay.

>because the amount of hearts you have has no meangful impact on the roleplaying.
Sure it has impact. Link is about the whole courage thing. It's very courageous to tackle the adventure with little hearts as possible. Heck, he could go midway and ignore some hearts instead of all.

>It's not a RPG
>Becuase Zelda is not a roleplaying game,
>Which is not an RPG. Zelda is not a roleplaying game.

You're quite the retard. That's circular reasoning there.

>Come back when you're able to rub two braincells together instead of shitting all over the thread and exposing yourself as an ignorant fuckass.

You're projecting your stupidity. "X is X because I say so" is the epitome of retardation. Even SJWs aren't as retarded as you.
>>
>>342532765
>>342532717

Came here to say these, thanks for saving me the time.

OP you're getting served hard out here, head back to NeoGaf with the rest of your ilk
>>
>>342532513
Yes, her purpose is rear children, she fails as a member of the species to not raise it to adulthood, just like a male that doesn't procreate and defend family and resources fails.
>>
>>342533080
>waifufags
>not autists
>>
Link will never be female, as much as the tumblrina cunts want, Nintendo will never crave to their garbage
>>
>>342533021
it was funny to me once, but now it's just maddening.
I thought "enough years of doublespeak and double standards will eventually cause this shit to implode"

it's been too long already. I can't handle it anymore
>>
>>342533113
Because I don't enjoy eating dishonest publisher bullshit? If that really is what it is they should just say so. I'm not gonna sit here and eat it, because "that's how it's always been" Say the truth or fuck off.
>>
hey mods, why is this shit thread still here?
>>
File: 1457674141344.jpg (23 KB, 423x329) Image search: [Google]
1457674141344.jpg
23 KB, 423x329
>>342532752
Zelda is an established character and an important and well-designed one at that. I'd completely be on board with a game that would feature a playable Zelda (besides Smash). It's a damn shame that the minute Nintendo did that, SJWs would be singing victory chants and that's NO GOOD.
>>
you're all being trolled by someone who is copypasting arguments
>>
File: 1466181136633.png (2 MB, 1512x1049) Image search: [Google]
1466181136633.png
2 MB, 1512x1049
It's funny because a cuck like Ben Kuchera is complaining while ACTUAL girls like Audrey and Theresa were drooling all over half nude twink link and were beyond happy
>>
>>342533042
I'm going to keep calling you autistic and saying Zelda isn't an RPG and you're going to keep vomiting out these assblasted walls of text.
>>
>>342530906
fuck you and your shitty bait thread

>sage goes in all fields
>>
>>342533329
>chanting victory

No that would make sense, instead they would accuse them of being sexist because she isn't literally Link with tits.
>>
>>342533257
>crave to their garbage
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>342530906
Why are Zeldautist so insufferable?
>>
>>342532896
I"m arguing for artistic integrity

Hey, would you look at that. They kept their artistic integrity by not submitting to faggots that want their characters changed.

ggez
>>
>>342531717
>There is literally no reason to change him into a woman.
He has always been a delicious boi, there is literally no reason to make him a girl, stop demanding people change their shit and make your own shit for fucks sake
>>
File: good.gif (199 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
good.gif
199 KB, 500x276
>>342531328
>Or he can't be captured while you play as Zelda?

Because that idea went so well...
>>
File: best girl.png (165 KB, 360x306) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
165 KB, 360x306
>>342532116
>if you're so passionate about being a girl in Zelda, how about you make a fucking Zelda-like game with a female lead
They don't do this because the people that demand that Link be a girl care only about pushing their liberal agendas and nothing else.

They're intolerant shits that can't handle viewpoints other than their own, so they bitch and tear everything down until it suits their world view. All under the pretext of tolerance and acceptance.
>>
File: you dummy.jpg (61 KB, 329x244) Image search: [Google]
you dummy.jpg
61 KB, 329x244
>>342533042
>Deflecting because you're losing the argument
Oh I see what (You) want.
>>
>>342533367
Cause everyone loves sex appeal, men just don't get butthurt when it's sex appeal for women like women do when it's sex appeal for men.
>>
>>342533491
Who is Zeldautist?
>>
>>342533479
Oh right. Can't stop being a victim or no one will donate to my Patreon.
>>
>>342530906
>2015
>>
>>342533428
>There is no deflection.

>You lost the argument the moment you said there isn't much difference between Zelda and Skyrim.
First, not only do those two statements not follow, you're actually proving the fact that you are deflecting by that latter statement.

>Being able to not pick up hearts is not a defining feature of Zelda.

You're moving the goal post. Deflecting yet again. So now it's about defining feature? Again, that would make Zelda not a heavy RPG instead of not a RPG. It still has customization and thus it's a RPG, but on the lighter side.

>There is a difference between optinal pickups and choosing how to customize your

Those differences are negligeable. Picking up big hearts is literally a choice of customization. It doesn't have to be intentional, like how your childish mind plays RPGs when you randomly assign whatever stat.

>If you think Zelda is in the same genre as Final fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei then you're too far gone to be reasoned with.
Ad Hominem fallacy, you have no argument. You cannot repeat the arguments and dimiss them because you say so, escpecially not when you have no capability for reasoning.

>Says the delusional idiot who thinks heart pickups makes zelda an rpg in an argument whether that justifies a character creation option for gender

Like a retard, you're only repeating without being able to form a counter argument.

You're conceding even more. You're on your last leg.
>>
>>342530906
Kill yourself you fucking retard
>Ever played Shin Megami Tensei games
Ever played Persona games? they have more customization than Zelda games, and even then, the main characters are established MALE characters. Fuck you faggot
>>
>>342530906
>It's a we ignore Demise's curse to the boy and girl episode because genetics may have overcome a magical from the grave curse
>>
>Hey RPG Codex is Zelda an RPG?
>>
File: 1465943257245.jpg (48 KB, 842x842) Image search: [Google]
1465943257245.jpg
48 KB, 842x842
>>342533042
>you are losing this argument
You have to go back.
>>
>>342533579
you
>>
File: MkhL5D4.png (165 KB, 271x273) Image search: [Google]
MkhL5D4.png
165 KB, 271x273
WHY. LINK?
Why is it ALWAYS Link?! Why not MARIO, or SAMUS, OR MEGAMAN?!
I'm fucking sick of people picking on Link with this gender bullshit. Fucking play an MMO. Fucking play any of the Souls and/or Bloodborne games if you want to play as whatever the fuck. MONSTER HUNTER EVEN? Why do these "people" pretend like their gender isn't being represented in video games? Why does it MATTER so much to them? You play video games to have fun because it's a fucking VIDEO GAME GODDAMMIT I'M PISSED OFF, /v/!
>>
>>342532829
Well, I am a part of the fanbase. I'm certain other people feel the same way I do. And I'm certain there are a lot of people who would have fun as a girl. Honestly, if you've never read any people expressing a desire to play as a female link, then you're likely not even a Zelda fan. And if you think about saying "only SJWs want a female Link", then you're probably underrage as well.
>>
File: 1465529127372.jpg (207 KB, 1426x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465529127372.jpg
207 KB, 1426x1080
Why do people get so triggered over change? Nothing would change if Link was female but that doesn't necessarily mean they should just shoehorn it in. I'd personally be fine with either choice because I'm not an easily triggered SJW just like some of you faggots look to be. I'm also not playing this game so that's probably a bigger factor.
>>
>>342533491
It seems like every game franchise associated with cartoony character designs is massively autistic.
>>
>>342532251
>>342532131
>the fact that you can choose not to take hearts means there's customization

That's not what people mean by "customization" you dense retard. People mean having the option to allocate limited stat points to one thing as opposed to another.

If the games gave you the option to trade in pieces of heart for attack, speed, or mana upgrades, then you might have a point. But refusing to take a purely beneficial powerup that the game is clearly doing everything it can to encourage you to get is not called "customization", it's just a self-imposed challenge.

You might as well argue that Super Mario Bros is an RPG because you can choose not to get the powerups and because there is "exploration" and "choice" (i.e. the warp zones).
>>
File: 1445880204237.jpg (18 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1445880204237.jpg
18 KB, 255x200
>>342530906
>Zelda is an RPG
>>
File: 1460946411788.jpg (29 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
1460946411788.jpg
29 KB, 699x699
>>342533705
Cause he's already effeminate and "he has no personality anyway"

I'd also point out that way more women play Zelda games that they do Megaman or Metroid.
>>
>>342533814
>not choosing to increase HP is not customization

Customization:
> to modify or build according to individual or personal specifications or preference:

You have a modicum of cognition.
>>
>>342533705
Because out of all those those series, which one has the most female fans?
>>
>>342533662
zelda games are arpgs
>>
>>342533705
You're literally as bad as them, calm down autist.

I'm hoping this is a falseflag
>>
>>342533194
>It's a memester replies to the wrong guy episode
>>
File: 1466190568601.png (233 KB, 285x630) Image search: [Google]
1466190568601.png
233 KB, 285x630
>>342533846
>Zelda is a racing simulation
>>
>>342532665
It's not an RPG you retarded nigger it's fucking adventure game,i hope you choke on semen
>>
File: Ammy.jpg (62 KB, 800x658) Image search: [Google]
Ammy.jpg
62 KB, 800x658
>>342532116
They did
>>
File: 1441594017205.gif (233 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
1441594017205.gif
233 KB, 300x191
>>342533538
>best girl
Superior taste confirms your point
>>
>>342533149
>>342532970
Any more? I honestly can't think of many.

>>342533035
BBC is also due to have 50% of female leads in it's shows and 50% female panels. Head of TV Broadcasting... well, he no longer works there, but have a guess of his religious choice?

Oh and people are already pissed off at an ex-footballer(soccer) player being the presenter of a property show because he spent all his money on property cause he never made it big. He's now being paid over double what he used to when he was a footballer. He's there cause he's black.

BBC is fucked beyond redemption, but at least some people in the place have fought tooth and nail and put lots of sex and stuff in it's new shows.
>>
>>342530906
Role playing game means you play a role. It doesn't mean you choose your role.
>>
File: 1465528902968.jpg (66 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1465528902968.jpg
66 KB, 600x469
>>342533876
I'm pretty sure the Zelda fanbase is majority women at this point.
>>
>>342533768
>totally_normal_person_not_an_sjw.jpg
>>
>>342533716
there are multiple websites where you can talk about redistirbutive justice and mandatory employment quotas for non-whites
it is okay for you to use them
>>
>>342532717
>>342533196
Cosmetics frame the experience. It's like if WW was remade in the style of TP's graphics. Would it be the same experience? Even though the game is to the core the same, the framing has changed, and thus the experience has changed.

You're only having trouble understanding. That there are ways to alter the experience the player has, without changing the core of the character. Because the experience the player has, is made of an amalgam of factors all playing out at once. The way the player's gender frames the experience is similar to the way a picture frame frames a painting. You can put the Mona Lisa in a new frame, and it will be a different experience for the viewer, even though the painting is exactly the same. However, in this instance, that "framing" goes a little deeper. Because we're talking about the appearance of the character. The thing you're looking at for the bulk of the game. Aesthetically, changing the gender actually changes the picture of the game, while simultaneously keeping the character intact.

I wouldn't be opposed to a race option.
>>
>>342533367
>all that attention

Mmmm, I bet that girl to the left would love her to come over and cuckquean her.
>>
suck my dick you limp wristed faggets
>>
File: 1464606264764.jpg (1 MB, 1205x1473) Image search: [Google]
1464606264764.jpg
1 MB, 1205x1473
>>342533705

pic related
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-23+at+11.23.27).png (18 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-23+at+11.23.27).png
18 KB, 266x189
>>
File: 1458972406104.png (880 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1458972406104.png
880 KB, 720x720
>>342533995
>still didn't refute my argument
>i-if you're not with me, then you're my enemy

calm down, anakin, no need to get assblasted.
>>
>>342530906
Link is a preset character. All the reincarnations pf link are from the original link back in skyward sword. They may look a bit different and may be older or younger but they're still the same incarnation. Demise basically cursed skyward sword link that he will be reborn and will always go after him and anyone who posses the spirt of a hero starting with skyward sword link
>>
>>342533926
Not an argument.
>>
>>342531328
>They can do whatever they want
Exactly friend, they want him to be a male and that's all there is to it. Cry some more.
>>
>>
>>342534034
Fuck, I meant that girl on the right.
>>
They hinted at a female link for awhile after linkle popped out.

No female link, no buy from me, they hyped it up and just brick walled it.

inb4 spergy anti-sjws
>>
>>342531797

They want the game to sell well and Link is an icon they won't drastically change (transform in game doesn't count). They don't need to change him, it is more of a risk than a reward just to please a bunch of SJW and "what if" faggots because ultimately no one gives a shit about that except those echo chambers.

Even girls love Link and to play as Link as he is.
>>
File: stay out.jpg (27 KB, 468x376) Image search: [Google]
stay out.jpg
27 KB, 468x376
>>342533716
>Not a Zelda fan
>underage
Keep the buzzwords coming, friend. Never had a desire to play as female Link, because Link as a male is already a defined character. I WOULD love to play as Zelda (especially Twilight Princess Zelda, yes please) as a playable main character, but to change Link is just saying "Look how new I am to the franchise! Do I fit in yet?"

And I didn't even mention SJWs. is there something you'd like to say in front of the class, anon?
>>
File: zM5jRWt.gif (3 MB, 297x200) Image search: [Google]
zM5jRWt.gif
3 MB, 297x200
>>342533924
>Zelda is a puzzle game
>>
>Change this because we said so

When will this meme end
>>
File: 1457408663763.png (113 KB, 374x213) Image search: [Google]
1457408663763.png
113 KB, 374x213
Why can't we have a game where Link is male and is the hero of time/courage/whatever and you can OPTIONALLY play as Linkle, an other character?

Is it too much to ask?
>>
File: wrinkled suicidal pepe.jpg (8 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
wrinkled suicidal pepe.jpg
8 KB, 249x202
>4chan doesn't want to be the little girl anymore

Reddit ruined this place with all the influx of GG/SJW faggots.
>>
>>342533926
You're moving the goal post. Deflecting yet again. So now it's about defining feature? Again, that would make Zelda not a heavy RPG instead of not a RPG. It still has customization and thus it's a RPG, but on the lighter side.

>There is a difference between optinal pickups and choosing how to customize your

Those differences are negligeable. Picking up big hearts is literally a choice of customization. It doesn't have to be intentional, like how your childish mind plays RPGs when you randomly assign whatever stat.

>It's not an RPG you retarded nigger it's fucking adventure game,i hope you choke on semen
Ad Hominem fallacy, you have no argument. You cannot repeat the arguments and dimiss them because you say so, escpecially not when you have no capability for reasoning.

>Zelda is not an arpg
Like a retard, you're only repeating without being able to form a counter argument.

You're conceding even more. You're on your last leg.
>>
Why do people fucking care. It's a video game. Go spend your time getting assblasted over something more important, geez.

Nothing screams "immature child" to me more than somebody who gives two fucks over the gender of a fictional character in a children's toy.
>>
File: Underestimate.jpg (20 KB, 350x234) Image search: [Google]
Underestimate.jpg
20 KB, 350x234
>>342533103
>>
>>342534123
reminder the japanese still are honorary aryans
>>
File: cdi-kingirl.jpg (40 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
cdi-kingirl.jpg
40 KB, 354x363
>Why can't Link be a woman

He can. But why would you want him to you socjus fuck. He's more enjoyable to sane fans the way he is.
>>
File: 3480293402.jpg (8 KB, 174x164) Image search: [Google]
3480293402.jpg
8 KB, 174x164
If the Hyrule Historia is anything to go by, Zelda lore means all of jack shit.

Zelda lore is a "make it up as you go along" adventure.

Nintendo could make any reason they wanted to make a female Link option, slapped "it's canon" on it, and called it a day.

The real reason I think they wanted to keep link male was so they could keep the "run around half naked if you want" feature and possibly because there's a romance in the game.

Romance being my main theory since "swap [romantic interest's] gender" or "Have female Link be a lesbian" would both spark enough outrage to fuel a nuke to wipe out the western world.
>>
>>342534217
That is valid on an industry level, if you were a jew pushing sheckles around, thinking about how to maximize profits. However, as a consumer, you shouldn't be concerned with a corporation's business. As you are not being paid by them. The quality of the product is your priority.
If Link had an option to choose between male and female, then it could serve the interests of those wanting a male Link, and those wanting a female Link. With the potential of pulling in more players, thanks to the option. It also gives the added value to fans who want to try a different sex just for the hell of it.

>Secondly because link is and as always been male.
If change should need a reason, then so does tradition. Merely stating something is traditional, does not justify it.

>but you need a really good reason to do so.
You really don't. You only need a good reason to get other people on board with your idea. But as a creator, Nintendo can change anything on a whim. However, they have already implemented an in-world mechanic that could justify a female Link. So there you go.
>>
>>342530906
Link can't be a woman and Zelda can't be a man for lore reasons, play Skyward Sword to understand.
>>
>>342534256
because this would trigger the zelda manchildren
>>
File: 35892572.jpg (9 KB, 202x227) Image search: [Google]
35892572.jpg
9 KB, 202x227
>>342534197
>i'm not going to buy a game, because of the main character's gender
>you're all spergs
>>
>>342530906
>Link being male doesn't matter to the core of his character.

I stopped reading here and thought well why does it matter if Link is a female.
>>
>>342534258
Being the little girl is literally antithetical to what these whining landwhales want. They'd sooner have you executed for being a gross, toxic, problematic lolicon shitlord.
>>
>>342530906
>why can't link be a woman

Because the creators decided he's male. End of story.
>>
File: 1466015031899.webm (2 MB, 352x638) Image search: [Google]
1466015031899.webm
2 MB, 352x638
>>342534258
Sure I want to be, but not in Zelda.

Zelda is Zelda, stop messing with the game.
>>
>>342530906
So just because other rpgs do it one way in no way means LoZ must. It's 30 years of following an incarnation of a male protag.

The worst thing for the series is to suddenly have a "female link" as a protag and isn't Linkle, because then the world would know the only reason they did it was to pander to feminist SJW bullshit.
>>
It has puzzles so it's a puzzle game
It has health so it's an RPG
It has jumping so it's a platformer
It has fishing so it's a fishing simulator
It has text so it's a VN
>>
>>342534197
confrimed sjw sperg calling other people spergy
>>
>>342530906
Why? Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword established that Link and Zelda are cursed to repeat the Demise fight until they lose.
>>
>>342534309
yeah, no. fuck off with that
>>
>>342532896
It doesnt fucking matter, their excuses dont fucking matter and you are a dumb faggot for caring about the integrity of the excuse they give for making link however the fuck they want. This whole discussion is autistic nonsense to its core.
>>
File: 1466134601169.png (119 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
1466134601169.png
119 KB, 547x609
>>342534197
>>
File: Zelda1.jpg (402 KB, 800x1325) Image search: [Google]
Zelda1.jpg
402 KB, 800x1325
ZELDA GAME WHEN?
>>
File: YOU.png (33 KB, 1020x426) Image search: [Google]
YOU.png
33 KB, 1020x426
>>342534197

>not buying it because they won't add my literally clone of the Dragon's Crown Elf.
>>
>>342534481
JIDF please we all know you're too afraid of the samurai
>>
File: N-no.jpg (22 KB, 480x317) Image search: [Google]
N-no.jpg
22 KB, 480x317
These people only care about the problems they meander on about when they pertain to games they are actually interested in. They don't give a fuck about actually fixing the "problem"; they just want things to go their way.
It's human. And it's retarded.
>>
I'd rather play as Zelda, to be honest.

I wouldn't really care uf Link was a woman, but it'd be more fun to have a Zelda game where their roles are reversed. Or, like, Link is an old hero mentoring a young Zelda who is the player character or something.
>>
>>342534309
why would the japanese want to be associated with lower-iq snowniggers
>>
>>342534490
>>342534421
Have you even heard nintendos reason? Quote: ""decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character. (...) "If we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do? Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup."

How is that in any world a valid reason to not play as a girl? That's the biggest heap of bullshit I've heard. "Oh we've made about 20 different fantasy worlds over the years with hundreds of fucking creatures and people and towns with different histories and lore behind them but we couldn't possibly figure out a way to have a female protagonist" That's pure fucking bullshit and you know it. Hell. Give it 5 minutes and I bet you could come up with a couple of scenarios for a fem link or a Zelda hero. And if we can do it, Nintendos team of writers sure as fuck can do it too.

If they just said: "we think male link will sell better" then I would agree with you that it is a valid reason. And it is likely the real reason. But this here? A valid reason not to do it? Nah. Fuck them, and fuck you for swallowing their bullshit and saying "thank you for the meal"
>>
File: 1408942083979.png (15 KB, 512x323) Image search: [Google]
1408942083979.png
15 KB, 512x323
>>342533887
I'm not that angry. However I'm getting tired of this argument of Link needing to be a girl because "it's progressive".
>>
File: 1466353283724.png (247 KB, 398x397) Image search: [Google]
1466353283724.png
247 KB, 398x397
People just want to feel like they're fighting for something. Nobody really cares.

Actual fans of the game can empathize with and relate to the main character they're playing as regardless of it's gender.
>>
>>342530906
>Why can't Link be a woman?

Because you didn't make the fucking games and the creators said he is a man.
>>
File: admiral of argentine navy.webm (481 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
admiral of argentine navy.webm
481 KB, 360x240
>>342534548
>implying manlet chinks will ever be a part of my glorious race, even as "honorary" members
>>
File: frogposters.png (146 KB, 500x560) Image search: [Google]
frogposters.png
146 KB, 500x560
>>342534258

>we don't want/care enough to play as female Link
>hurr reddit, sjw
>sjw and redditors are the ones actually pushing for woman lesbian turbo dyke Link

Dumb frog poster, I hope you die in my sleep tonight.
>>
>>342531328
there is no reason for them to break the lore either so fuck off.
>>
To be fair, they have a point there. Not that I care about links gender (the fuck has always been pretty androgynous anyway) but Nintendos reasoning behind not giving a fem Link was retarded. "Link is male, it would make more sense to let people play as Zelda. But then what do we do with link? It would throw the Triforce out of Balance"

Nigga it's your fantasy story. Do whatever the fuck you want with Link. Make him the kidnapped one, Make him locked in an eternal battle with Ganondorf for all time and Zelda has to come to the rescue, The fuck you mean Balance out of whack? It's always been 2guys 1girl, link and ganon as guys and Zelda as the girl. How is it out of Balance to maybe have 2 girls and one guy? How about all girls?

It's a fucking lame excuse. Just be honest and say: "We like it this way and we think it will sell better so we're not doing fem link" It's your franchise Nigga, do what you want but don't give me this shit of "oh it can't be done" because it fucking well can. That's why I admire certain other Japanese developers who when asked why their women are barely dressed Tittymonsters reply with "Because I like Tits!"
>>
>>342534197
>i can only relate to a character if he's the same sex as me

And you people call yourself empathic.

Pathetic.
>>
>>342534258
gamergate started here you stupid fuck, how did gamergaters flood into /v/ from reddit to ruin it

edit: nevermind you are a dumb frogposter
>>
File: FalcoIsUnamused.png (20 KB, 298x235) Image search: [Google]
FalcoIsUnamused.png
20 KB, 298x235
>>342534573
Fucking this. There is literally already a perfectly good female character that they could make a game about. The only purpose served by turning Link into a woman is removing a male hero.
>>
>>342530906
I can't wait until these people fucking die
>>
File: 1458615210508.jpg (23 KB, 535x425) Image search: [Google]
1458615210508.jpg
23 KB, 535x425
>>342530906
>(((Ben Kuchera)))
>>
>>342534696
i don't know, you swedish fucks seem to like mudslims enough
>>
File: 1465927838878.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465927838878.png
2 MB, 1280x720
All 3 of these like twink link the way he is
>>
File: 1463493415680.jpg (37 KB, 299x384) Image search: [Google]
1463493415680.jpg
37 KB, 299x384
>>342530906
How the fuck do so many people reply to one obvious bait thread? I fail to understand how anyone could take one look at this thread and not walk away laughing.
>>
Didn't Nintendo already say Link was a boy? Why is this even a discussion that people think is interesting?
>>
>>342534721
Yes let's just change decades worth of story because people say so

Fuck off dude
>>
A ton of men like playing as cute girls. And a tone of girls like playing as cute girls. How are you not aware of this?
>>
Because Link is a dude. Stop trying to change the gender of every fucking character. Fuck.
>>
>>342534825
i'm here rusing rusers
my (you) collection is not as big as i'd hoped
>>
>>342534806
What is wrong with the left ones face?
>>
>>342534764
underrated subtle falseflag
>>
>>342530906
>Zelda is an RPG
>Zelda was always an RPG
Are you fucking kidding me

>>342532251
>The best you can do is argue that Zelda is a light RPG.
Where are the RPG mechanics, anon?

Zelda II, you can argue it's an action RPG because of its systems.
And everyone hated that one.

But pretty much every other Zelda (though I hear BotW involves some RPG elements) is an action adventure game. Definitively.

A "light RPG" is genuinely exaggerating how much like an RPG Zelda is or ever was.
Having a modular heart meter and magic bar does not an RPG make.
>>
File: 1466705558317.jpg (212 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1466705558317.jpg
212 KB, 1024x819
>>342534882
>decades worth of story
Nigga can you fucking read? I'm not saying "OMG THEY SHOULD" I'm saying THEY TOTALLY COULD BUT IF THEY DON'T WANT THEN THAT'S TOTALLY OK TOO you fucking turbo backwards ass mongrel. And to your questions, Why the fuck not? Link has been INCREDIBLY diverse over the years. He has been 2D has been a Kid, has been a teen has been an adult has been a toon has been a dog has been fucking almost everything except a girl. So why is the leap for you that fucking big? Who cares if you adjust his hight when there are pretty much 20 fucking different Links anyway? Male Samus can't be worse than other M samus so give it a try. Why not fem mario? You already pleayed as Peach and it was pretty much Identical. You just could float making her even better than mario in a number of levels.
And like I said, If you could read you would understand that I'm not saying "omg you have to give us fem-link" I'm saying there is no reason not do it besides not wanting to. And not wanting too is a perfectly acceptable reason you turbotard
>>
>>342534825
Because it is an excuse to have this heated discussion, barely anyone is talking about the Kuch.
>>
>>342534607
>How is that in any world a valid reason to not play as a girl?

They don't need a reason. They're the creators, they call the shots. It's a simple enough concept to grasp. You're being self-entitled if you think you have any say over artistic decisions.

Don't like it? Don't buy it.
>>
>>342534524

When it plays up to her strengths and isn't just a character replacement for the hell of it.

Fucking hate how this retarded concept gets so praised.
>>
>>342530906
kill yourself
>>
File: dark souls lore thread.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark souls lore thread.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342534941
this. I love pretending to be a SJW and a GamerGator just to get (You)s

I think both groups are retarded but I'll never quit shitposting :^)))
>>
File: su35manuver.webm (864 KB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
su35manuver.webm
864 KB, 718x404
This doesn't even make sense. This is like people bitching that they aren't making Samus a man. IT'S BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN.

IT WOULD MAKE A LOT MORE SENSE IF THEY ASKED FOR A NEW FEMALE CHARACTER OR TO PLAY AS ZELDA.
>>
>>342535056
Nigga can you read? I'm not giving arguments to make a female link. I'm not saying they SHOULD make a female link. I'm saying they CAN make a female link if they wanted to but they don't want to and that's fine.

I'm saying however that they are not ADMITTING to not wanting to do it and instead give the absolutely bullshit reason I quoted in the post you replied to.
>>
>>342534825
you don't understand anon
we don't reply to bait
we are the bait
>>
>>342533538
Someone gets it.
>>
>>342531814
kek
>>
File: sundae.jpg (38 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
sundae.jpg
38 KB, 512x384
>Mom! Mom! Mom! Can I get a female protagonist in a Zelda game?
>Not until you finish your female protagonist in Zero Horizon, Remember Me, Tomb Raider, Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, The Walking Dead, Assassins Creed, The Division, Dishonored 2, Fifa 16, Fallout 4, Overwatch, Until Dawn, Portal 2, The Last of Us, Street Fighter, Bayonetta, Beyond Good and Evil, Resident Evil, Broken Age, and Uncharted 4
>Aww... mmmnnn... nnnnn...
>>
File: zelda about to get porked.jpg (295 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
zelda about to get porked.jpg
295 KB, 1280x1920
>>342534524

>draw a boy
>call it a girl
>>
>>342534132
Wait you thought you had an argument? That's even funnier. Got any more?
>>
>>342534573
>>342534765
The reason Aonuma gave for why you couldn't play as Zelda was fucking retarded: "Then what would Link do?"

Fucking, I don't know! Maybe Link needs to be rescued. If that's too emasculating, maybe he had to act as the human seal on Ganon's power--like, he needs to be rescued because he was too badass or something. Or maybe he's old now, or maybe he's missing like in the backstory of Wind Waker.

I'd love a Zelda game with playable Zelda.
>>
>>342533538
>posting MLP

I agree with the rest of your post though, but please keep pony shit out of here.
>>
File: cutman.jpg (171 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cutman.jpg
171 KB, 600x450
>>342534353
>However, as a consumer, you shouldn't be concerned with a corporation's business
>If Link had an option to choose between male and female, then it could serve the interests...
The pot calling the kettle black. You don't need to worry about what "serves the interests" of the fringe population that wants a female Link. If you had a good time playing a Zelda game, then why the fuck are you, as a consumer, thinking about other consumers?

And it's not "tradition", it's changing the essence of a character. It's like saying "It's a tradition that you dress as a boy, so now you're a girl. Deal with it!" Link is a boy. The creator takes that from his inspiration for creating the Zelda series as a whole. A female Link brings absolutely NOTHING to the table, because it's about as innovative as a having a sound test.

Nothing justifies a female Link. Zelda yes, since she's already a goddamn character. But why Link? Why take a character and change it arbitrarily? Are you incapable of playing as a member of the opposite gender? Please seek help.
>>
>>342535064
srsly why does it matter if link is male?

Different timeline every time
>>
>>342534721
>Nigga it's your fantasy story. Do whatever the fuck you want with Link.

I think it's only fair that artists and designers do what uneducated "journalists" tell them to, as they lean over your shoulder and breath stale coffee and vape into your face and remind you of your cis privilege.
>>
>"Why can't Link from the Legend of Zelda series be a woman?"

Because the developers don't feel like doing it.
>>
>>342535298
Please be joking
>>
>>342535018
Well too bad, it ain't happenin' and it ain't never gonna' happen.
/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 960x960
>>342531814
>>
>>342535298
Are you well? Brain damage?
>>
>>342535268
Feminazis are retarded, dude. I don't know why there are so many SJWs on here because if I make any post about them on Reddit I get a ton of support. Fuck this gay board.
>>
>>342534993
Are those HP increases permanenet for a whole playthrough? Maybe. Another customization like Mana increase? Then that's more likely they are RPG.

And Zelda doesn't just have those things, as argued in another post. However, it is still considered a light RPG.

>RPG elements
>is an action adventure game. Definitively.
Not mutually exclusive.

>Having a modular heart meter and magic bar does not an RPG make.
It certainly does. It makes the character more endurant in taking damage and more endurant in casting magic.

>Zelda is not an RPG where you customize your character and roleplay.
False.

There are some who roleplay.

One can do so for roleplay purposes. Maybe not the majority, but that's beside the point anyway. The game should be judged for what it is, not for what people strictly do with it.

Come back when your few synapses are capable of connecting the dots.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 132

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.