[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked the first one. The second was really boring to me though.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I liked the first one. The second was really boring to me though.

Should I buy this one?
>>
It is better than the second one gameplay wise. Duo'd the whole game with a friend and had fun. Couldn't see me playing it solo.
>>
>>342529562
I really enjoyed the first, the second was still pretty solid as far as gameplay goes. The third's...okay, but I couldn't be bothered to finish it solo. I sometimes play it with a friend, but not often.

I'd say it's worth $5-$10 maybe, and that's a big maybe.
>>
>I liked the first one. The second was really boring

My experience was completely opposite. Why is this? I didn't play either with friends.
>>
>>342531915
Apparently you like grinding and getting shit drops, because the scaling curve in 2 was absolutely fucked compared to 1.
>>
>>342532107
Yeah but the character mechanics, level design, and enemy design were way better. Who cares about scaling when everything else is boring and shitty?
>>
I got this game for free with my GPU, never played it. Didn't really care for the first two games. Should I even bother?
>>
>>342532578
Because when the scaling is off-balance it makes the gunplay feel shit and weak, with enemies being overly bullet-spongy. Combine this with the lower drop rate of 'decent' rare weapons (and won't last as long due to said scaling), and it makes for a piss boring experience.

Not to mention they tinkered with gun generation, ending up with fucking less possibilities than BL1.
>>
>>342529562
Pros
-more borderlands
-ice weapons
-LASERS
-moon gravity and no oxygen make for great firefights
-fucking hover vehicle that can JUMP
-story is good if you like 2 and jack
-classes are good

Cons
-more borderlands
-BL1 syndrome, most areas look kinda similar
-story is bad if you dont care for 2's and jack
-more borderlands
>>
>>342529923
Mechanically it's an improvement but the map design and navigation was way worse, made the game feel really tedious to play.

>>342529562
TPS is much more like BL2 than the first one. It's more like a standalone expansion for BL2 than a new game, really. Like Blood Dragon to Far Cry 3, except not nearly as cool.
>>
>>342533052
But gunplay feels weak and shitty only if you autistically hunt down and hold onto uniques and rares instead of using the higher level commons and uncommons the game drops all the time.

Which is all moot anyway because the enemies and environments are 10x more reactive and interesting than BL1, which is literally just a desert sandbox of bullet sponges.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.