[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get what the meme is around this being hated on,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
I don't get what the meme is around this being hated on, this is the best souls game that puts a emphasis on the RPG aspect.
>>
Can't disagree. DS3 was made more casul with aimbot weapon tracking, low stamina costs, and an invasion system that greatly favors the host.
>>
File: Dead Zones.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Dead Zones.webm
3 MB, 800x450
Reminder.
>>
>>342516203
I'm happy to see Dark Souls II getting a lot of love on /v/ recently. Yes it has problems and yes all those critique videos are correct, but most of said problems are superficial and even Soul Memory evens out because endgame lumps together people in the ranges of millions. Dark Souls II really did get a bad rap and people are seeing it now that Dark Souls III inherited its "bad type of fanservice" instead of subtle references adding flavour to strong gameplay and variety.
>>
>>342516203
mostly the big graphical downgrade and the absolute shit hitboxes
>>
>>342516203
>best souls

I don't get this meme. Are we supposed to ironically treat this as legit or shitpost about how dumb that idea is?
>>
>>342516203
>puts a emphasis on the RPG aspect.
Literally how?
>>
>>342518075
By making the action aspect trash.
>>
It's a really weak PvE that requires friend coop to be worth the time and effort.
>>
>>342518424
>coop
get a load of this faggot
>>
>>342517359
>Graphical downgrade
Superficial "problem"; easily fixed by either turning down lighting or with a mod or just not being a fucking cunt
>Shit hitboxes
True enough, not like it's new to the Souls series or anything
>Soul Memory
Ranges become wider and wider, at max Soul Memory you can use Name Engraved Ring to co-op with people at 5m which is pretty low/mid for endgame/NG+
>Nonsensical terrain/world design
Superficial problem; easily fixed by not being such a fucking cunt, like seriously get over it, YES this windmill leads into a fucking lava castle in the sky, deal with it nerd
>Mad tracking
True, I have no defense for this one. It's deliberate though since they kept it in DS3
>All the bosses are dudes in armour
I'm tired of this fucking meme holy shit the first boss is a goddamn naked giant who tears off his own arm. The Pursuer, Ruin Sentinels, Dragonrider, Dragonslayer and Smelter Demon are 100% optional and all differ significantly in their design and concept. Yeah sure the have a similar moveset but what do you want from humanoids? Fucking lasers? Oh wait no you complained about that when the spider did it. Fuck off.
>NPCs don't do shit on their own
At least two of them do; you'd probably get angry if the stone trader and blacksmith just fucked off without warning; almost all of them play an important role (upgrading pyro flame, being a covenant leader, etc) or at the very least are a part of Navlaan's quest line (which is interesting and only fucking retards didn't find out about it)

I wouldn't say it's BEST Souls but it's very very good.
>>
>>342516203
This game worth getting for co-op? Its on sale. Will it run on a couple of toasters? Already beaten it on console and didnt enjoy it that much.
>>
>>342518674
No, the only good part about it is the pvp
>>
The game is at best a themepark ride with combat and RPG mechanics which were taken from it's predecessor, picked apart, and mcgyvered, or rather brute forced the fuck back together by a b-team that doesn't understand fun.
They can't even write a semi-ambiguous plot that boils down to 2-3 lines of text, without rehashing it's big brother.

PvP and co-op was alright.
>>
>>342516203
Best game and story in the series, pure vidya kino. Most bosses and most items, plus the amazing DLC.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.