[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War Attila
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (31 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
31 KB, 460x215
Since Attila is on sale I was thinking of getting it. Is it any good? Is it a buggy mess? I really liked Shogun 2 and Medieval 2.

Total War thread
>>
Yeah it's good
>>
>>342514761
Also, does it have co-op like in Shogun 2?
>>
File: 659121112353.png (2 MB, 1928x1551) Image search: [Google]
659121112353.png
2 MB, 1928x1551
Its the best game in the series tbhq

That is, untill Warhammer gets fully updated with all the factons
>>
>>342514761
I want to buy it too, but I hate that there is no edition with all the DLC in one pack.
Is the DLC worth anything?
>>
>>342515643
Kek. That guy got fucked.
>>
why are the reviews mixed? I thought attila had a decent release?
>>
>>342517464

Majority of the reviews are DLC complaints

The actual game itself is pretty good
>>
>>342517464
Rome 2 caused backlash
>>342514761
It's fucking excellent, there's a bit of needless micromanagement with food and sanitation but it's maybe the best total war imo (warhammer has the most fun battles by a mile but little else)
Campaign actually has complexity
>>
When Ancient empires actually fucking comes out, it'll be the better Rome 2.
>>
>>342517891
Asking again, this time someone who seems to know the game:
Are there any DLC that are worth getting alongside it, or is the base game enough good content?
>>
Good game, bad optimization and first 2 DLC.

>>342515864
Grab the Empires of Sand if you want to play as jews and sandniggers, slavic factions if you want to suffer or migrate and get comfy, The Last Roman if you want to play Rome as a horde. Charlemagne is essentially a must.
>>
>>342518124
For the most part, the dlc isn't worth it. Charlemagne is probably the better one, but the faction packs are all really pick and choose.
>>
>>342518124

Charlemagne
Empires of Sand
Last Roman (if you dig Belisarius and Justinian)

Honestly all of the DLCs are good except for Viking forefathers
>>
>>342518124
Desert one is great, you get map variety and distinct factions. Plus it's the only way you can spread judaism.
Likewise Celts is good for offering a cool gimmick and a new map position

Otherwise only get them if you want all the choice or like a faction gimmick, like Vikings is a neat starting location but has nothing else going for it

Campaign wise Charlemagne is well worth it but obviously it's a different campaign so you can just leave it until you've got bored of the main game
>>
>>342518604
>Plus it's the only way you can spread judaism.
I'd be more interested in invading and sacking sandnigger cities..
>>
>>342514761
Attila is the best non-gunpowder TW title. In my opinion, it's the best in the series.

>>342518124
DLC is all pretty worthwhile. Charlemagne is a great standalone campaign that mixes up the core game. Last Roman is also fun, but not quite as well made as Charlemagne.

Empires of Sand is the best culture pack, as they're all pretty varied and add a LOT of sorely needed variety to the most barren part of the map. Celts are also very fun, as they have unique mechanics. Slavs are ok, taking up the other empty part of the map, but nothing special since all three factions are extremely similar. Longbeards just add more barbarian factions, which is rad if you enjoy those, but skippable if you don't. Viking Precursors is kind of shit but still worth checking out.
>>
>>342514761
I've been playing the series religiously since Medieval 2 vanilla. Something like 2000 hours in the series overall.

Attila is good. I like it better than Rome. The new mechanics are fun and playing as the Hun hordes burning everything was great fun. Charlesmange though is cooler and with a unit pack mod it becomes legit awesome. Which even without mods Attila is better than Rome 2 in my eyes. The multiplayer ain't but the single-player is less sterile and the apocalypse mechanic made the first campaign feel like this steady march into darkness.

Now I'd say the creeping winter mechanic can get annoying depending on if you want that constant decrease to food and public order. There is also a problem in faction diversity. It's unit pool is better than Shogun 2 vanilla but there were more Germanic factions than you can shake a stick at.

But those are literally my only problems with Attila as a game. It was a step down the right track after Rome 2 EE fixed most of my problems with Rome 2. But the problem of dlc will always be constant as CA is both a niche developer and owned by Sega. It sucks.
>>
>>342519014
If you only want the "mandatory" DLC, just get Sand, Celts, and either Longbeards, Slavs, or Vikings. If you want a new campaign, get Charlemagne.
>>
>>342514761

get it. It's dirt cheap right now and its an awesome game

at least get the blood and burning pack

also go check the total war general thread >>146404323

most of the butthurt reviews are about the DLC, especially the blood and burning pack

i don't give a fuck because I wait until it's on sale and get the game + all DLC for less than the full price of the base game
>>
>>342519523

oops >>>/vg/146404323
>>
>>342490075
Viper armor in HoS is its upgrade.>>342519085
>There is also a problem in faction diversity. It's unit pool is better than Shogun 2 vanilla but there were more Germanic factions than you can shake a stick at.
Idk when the last time you played was but the addition of Celtic and Slavic packs cut the German copy/paste by half by giving those factions unique units.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.