[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the best silent shill outside of the first 4? why did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: shdownpourpal[1].jpg (412 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
shdownpourpal[1].jpg
412 KB, 1500x1500
is this the best silent shill outside of the first 4? why did it get such a negative reception?

>tfw 4.5/10 from IGN
>>
>>342514550
It has very unimaginative monster designs, they're basically just zombies for the most part, and the Boogeyman is just Pyramid Head with a gas mask, also, the combat kinda sucks, I like the story though and some of the areas are nice, especially the stage theater
>>
I enjoyed this game, but the best is SH2.
>>
>>342515209
>Boogeyman is just pyramid head with a gas mask.

Not really. Replay the game. The Silent Hill you're in isn't Murphy's.
Really the only thing wrong with it were the fucking awful monster and level designs. I like the like of an open Silent Hill with sidequests, but it was executed poorly in Downpour.

It wasn't great, but I agree with OP it definitely didn't deserve the scores it got.
>>
>>342515791
>The Silent Hill you're in isn't Murphy's.
Are you sure? because I don't remember anything in the game ever hinting that it was except for maybe the last boss, but even then I just assumed you both just had the same kind of demons or something
>>
>>342515791
>>342515209
What is the best silent hill outside the first 4?
>>
Nope. It's not Shattered Memories.
>>
File: header.jpg (27 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
27 KB, 460x215
can we all agree that this is the worst Silent Hill?
>>
>>342516206
I would say Shattered Memories. Not much to gameplay, but man did they grasp the psychological aspect.
>>342516179
Murphy is Anne's personal boogeyman because he crippled her Father (she even goes on about having to clean her hero's literal shit). She spent a lifetime devoted to just hating him. Even all of the enemies and bosses are Anne-based (A prison CO).
>>
>>342516530
Not when that vita spinoff exists.
Come to think of it, Homecoming would of been perfect if they went the camp rout
>Alex, an ancient cult passed down by generations controls this town
>WELL IMMA GO DOWN THERE AND SHOOT EM ALL
>>
>>342516550
I wonder how fucked up her life must be after she realizes she literally fucked people to kill the wrong guy
>>
It's the most broken since 4.
Also saves all the fucking for some reason.
>>
>>342514550
>why did it get such a negative reception?
Because it's not scary in any shape or form?
>>
>>342516905
>It's the most broken since 4.

you must suck at games if you think 4 is broken
>>
>>342514550
The framerate and boring enemy designs. Also, the Otherworld sequences being almost entirely just Murphy running.
>>
>>342514550
I WANT TO KEEP THE PACE
>>
File: head.jpg (146 KB, 596x556) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
146 KB, 596x556
Was he the most autistic main character ever?

>woman laying in pool of blood barely alive
>go to her and ask "a-are you ok?..."

>something out of ordinary happens
>"what the...?" per whole game

I thought he had autism and it will be revelead at some point of game.
>>
>>342518163
I WANT TO FIGURE IT OUT
>>
>>342517146
I was scared during the movie theatre and Hansel and Gretel parts.
>>
>>342518271
I GOTTA DO IT THIS WAY
>>
>>342518378
IF I DONT EVERYTHINGS WRONG
>>
File: 1465139028477.jpg (30 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
1465139028477.jpg
30 KB, 480x490
>>342516530
Oh yeah well kinda makes sense that he can fight monsters easily since he's a soldier and all... Oh wait he actually isn't. Also enjoy the black sidekick comic relief being taken away by aliens since it ain't even a secret ending.
>>
>>342518676
>gets grabbed by Asphyxia
>ends up in the Order's spooky basement
HOW
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.