[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starcraft II General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: starcraft.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
starcraft.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
I haven't played too many RTS's, but I'm kinda high and really want to buy starcraft. What expansions should I buy, and also is there a base-game I have to get or can I just get, say, LoV and play ladder and stuff?
>>
well the base game is wings of liberty, but you can just buy lotv and start laddering
>>
>>342506147
is lotv any different than the other ones?
>>
You only have to by LotV. The games are standalone and only give you the other campaigns.

Heck, it's free to play multiplayer, except for ladder.

RIP /scv/
>>
>>342506275
LotV will give you the protoss campaign and access to ladder.

The campaigns are fun but the story is much weaker than sc1's
>>
the problem is the playerbase not the game. its not that complex, you just need to get used to multitasking and pressing buttons fast. the problem is that the game is daed so even at the lowest levels you will most likely face players who have been playing casually for years
>>
>>342506275
it changed the pace of the game quite alot und is probably the most played(ladder) of the 3 expansions.Each expansion has added a few new units and hard changes but just check some videos on youtube senpai
>>
>>342506520
if the game is dead is it worth the $30
>>
>>342507109
its not dead in a sense that you can still find games quickly its just the lack of newcomers and casual players
and the e-sport side of it is dead as well but its not that important
>>
>>342507631
Well is there another RTS thats like, whatever the game equivalent of "hip" would be? one with a larger playerbase?
>>
>>342508049
nah the rts genre is pretty dead. dota2 is pretty complex and has strategy elements but its not that mechanical and feels slow after the starcraft pace. the sc playerbase which used to be millions moved on. csgo, lol and dota and ow are the hip games now
>>
>>342507631
>and the e-sport side of it is dead as well
elaborate
>>
>>342508412
less and less viewership every year (its almost dead now) pros retiring, no youtube personalities and streamers they all moved on to other games
even koreans fucking hate sc2 and play bw, its a lot more popular there
>>
>>342508364
so rip rts?

MOBA is as close as it gets nowadays, I guess?
>>
>>342508728
yeah. dota is a lot harder and complex in every aspect while lol is more casual friendly and lot more spammy.
>>
>>342508875
Which do you prefer and why? I hear a lot of shitty things about the LoL community
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.