[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They should've remade this. Best quests. So fucking comfy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (250 KB, 290x413) Image search: [Google]
image.png
250 KB, 290x413
They should've remade this.

Best quests. So fucking comfy. But it's so outdated I can't even go back to it.
>>
File: no ty.png (588 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
no ty.png
588 KB, 1440x810
>broken level scaling
>>
The Dark Brotherhood line of quests in Oblivion was so fucking good.

Everything about it was perfect.
>>
>terrible scaling
>ugly models, even for its time
>abyssal leveling
I enjoyed it as a kid, but I couldnt go back without heavy moddong.
>>
>>342503543
Shivering Isles GOAT dlc.
Played oblivion every day for years shit was amazing.
>>
>>342504101
>>342504535
You had to be really retarded to not get the level system after your first toon.

You should try Skyrim. :^)
>>
they didn't choose to "remake" anything. skyrim is a remaster, which is small enough of a project that they could outsource it to their side studio in montreal while they continued working on TES 6.

oblivion would need a full remake from the ground up, which would mean todd's bethesda would have had to handle it which means they would have to put off TES 6 for even longer.
>>
>best guild quests
>best daedric quests
>best expansion

Only trouble is, I always end up playing a Mage. It's not /quite/ game breaking, but stacking 50 magicka sigil stones with spellmaking is stupidly fun.
>>
>>342504813
Its not getting it as much as realizing how bad it is once you do.

Also
>toon
>>
>modern engine
>modern graphics
>fix leveling and level scaling systems

What else is needed to fix it?
>>
>>342504912
>outsource it to their side studio in montreal
stop

Beth Game Studios made the remaster as a result of porting the original game to Xbox One to learn the hardware and enjoying it.

And they're not working on TES 6 yet, at least not in any meaningful capacity. Todd has said they're working on two new and different projects that we will see before TES is even announced.
>>
Remaking Oblivion takes actual effort
>>
>>342505390
I forgot

>more voice actors
>>
I recently tried to replay it but I just gave up after carefully installing each individual mod only to have Alternate Start CTD no matter what (yes, I am outright refusing to play the vanilla start, fuck that shit in the fucking ass, I'm not doing it).

Most overhaul mods are from <2010 when Nexus had a ridiculously small mod size limit, thus larger mods were uploaded on obscure 3rd party sites that are most likely dead today.

Like, have fun trying to get a convergence mod working properly today, odds are at least one required mod will be just gone from the entire web.
>>
>>342505390
>it's that simple
make a game
>>
Well, maybe there will be OpenOblivion in 2030
>>
>>342505607
Please show me where I said it was easy? A short list doesn't mean an easy list.
>>
>>342504912
they're doing the remaster internally it would make no sense to outsource this project
>>
>>342505580
Exactly this. Who thought it was a good idea to have all three of the elf races voiced by two people?
>>
If they made swordfighting fun this game would be great. Every Bethesda game has shit combat
>>
>>342505587
And also, having to use two mod managers is a pain in the ass too.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.