[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So since this year's steam sale is a steaming pile of garbage,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1446183386148.png (220 KB, 722x768) Image search: [Google]
1446183386148.png
220 KB, 722x768
So since this year's steam sale is a steaming pile of garbage, how does this g2a business work?

How do I make sure the keys are genuine? If a key gets revoked will I lose my steam account?
>>
>>342497572
>How do I make sure the keys are genuine?
My buddy buys from there all the time, just buy the $1 insurance if the vendor seems fishy.

G2A is legit, they are mostly codes that never got used.
>>
Pay $1 for the insuance if you're concerned.
Also no, your account won't get banned for a revoked key.
>>
>>342497572
>how does this g2a business work?
Someone steals credit card info online, or buys credit card dumps, they then use them to buy steam keys, the keys are then sold, so in effect you are laundering money for criminals.

Though your games won't be revoked if there is a dispute down the road with the person who's CC info was stolen, but the chargeback does hurt Steam and the game devs.
>>
>>342498375
I thought it was mostly regional pricing exploitation?
>>
>how does this g2a business work?
People put keys on G2A, usually bulk purchased with stolen credit cards or just humble bundle keys. Up to you whether this bothers you or not.

>How do I make sure the keys are genuine?
kek

>If a key gets revoked will I lose my steam account?
Hasn't happened yet. Worst thing is you get the key revoked.

Also the insurance the other people talk about requires you to run a remote desktop app. Then a G2A employee watches a video feed of your desktop to make sure you actually use the key.

The whole thing seems questionable to me.
>>
>>342498375
>Someone steals credit card info online, or buys credit card dumps, they then use them to buy steam keys, the keys are then sold, so in effect you are laundering money for criminals.
Not that I doubt that what you're saying is true, but do you have any source for that?
>>
>>342498880
There are a few people who do this, but let's face it, the profit margin is so low, that it's not always worth it.
>>
>>342499153
http://unknownworlds.com/blog/beware-shady-key-resellers-and-discount-steam-keys/
>We deactivated these keys because they keys were purchased with credit cards where the card-holder initiated a “charge-back.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/2zsbpz/account_locked_fraudulent_credit_card_use/
It is a Reddit post about someone's account getting locked by Valve, so take with a grain of salt, it may or may not be entirely true.
>>
>>342499153
http://tinybuild.com/g2a-sold-450k-worth-of-our-game-keys

tldr
>they set up a webshop so people can buy keys direct from the developer
>someone uses a stolen credit card list to buy a ton of keys
>proceeds to resell them on G2A
>dude(s) makes off with a ton of money
>meanwhile devs get hit with the charge back from the banks of the stolen cards
>devs forced to close down direct buying
>>
>>342498880
Valve changed shit so now most games are region locked (including keys bought on 3rd party sites) precisely to avoid that.
>>
>>342499153
Also, here's one from Polygon:
http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8006693/the-truth-behind-those-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes
>>
>>342500072
oh, guess I should have meantioned

>devs contact G2A and tell them what happened
>G2As response: Oy vey that's terrible! If you would have partnered up with us in the first place and officially sell your game on our site (with us getting a cut of the profit) this wouldn't have happened. We'll look into the issue, but only if you partner up with us first goy!
>>
>>342500072
>>342500717
So how are these guys not in jail yet?
>>
The insurance is a complete scam, they just use teamviewer with you to watch you put the code in, it takes forever too and is overpriced.

Do the smart thing and just see how many sales they have and their rating, the end.
>>
>>342502109
Because an overwhelming majority of the time, the thief is in a different country than the victim. So no proper investigation gets started, and nothing comes about from it. Cyber crime is nothing new, but is getting worse and worse with how relatively safe it is compared to physical crime.
>>
>>342497741
>just buy the $1 insurance
G2A will still side with key sellers even if you buy protection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBakPg6x63Q&feature=youtu.be
>>
Use paypal, I did this with The division. The key worked but I hated the game, I got my money back and still have the game.
>>
>>342502939
You're a horrible person.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.