[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just realized something,MGSV is so half-assed because Kojima
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Skull-face-profile.png (1 MB, 1100x1080) Image search: [Google]
Skull-face-profile.png
1 MB, 1100x1080
I just realized something,MGSV is so half-assed because Kojima started working on Silent Hills partway through development and fell behind. He just injected a bunch of cut content into Metal Gear to push things along. Reason why we get the nightmare sequences and this bullshit character. Kojima filled in the holes in the story the best he could but it just didn't reach it's potential.
>>
>>342494637
I mean come on, he wears a mask when his face is butchered beyond recognition. WHY IS HE IN THIS GAME?
>>
>>342494637
You mean like the nightmare sequences in MGS3 and their bullshit characters?
You mean like the nightmare sequences in MGS2 and their bullshit characters?
>>
>>342494898
Both instances in 3 and 2 were grounded in reality. This shit is some "the call is coming from inside the house" bullshit.
>>
You're retarded op. The only work done on silent hills was the prototype cg trailer and the demo. These were proof of concept. Nothing more. Kojima and crew were getting pressed for time as early as 2013. Ground Zeroes was originally supposed to be part of the main game but Konami wanted a return on their investment. And thus we got the $40 demo. Further aggravation was evident in the content inside Ground Zeroes. The mission that has you erasing all the markings while Kaz says "you can erase the logo, but the memories will never fade..." This is blatantly the developers talking to Konami, as they already knew what was coming in the future (Konami scrubbing Kojima and Kojima Productions from everything.)

Now, if all this is going down in 2013, do you really expect the remaining 2 years of development for Phantom Pain weren't without hostility from Konami? This was the single reason the game was missing content. At the very least, episode 51 was cut. At the most, we can argue many more aspects of Mother Base, the quality of side ops, and potentially the number and quality of boss battles. I strongly believe everything we saw with Skullface from after mission 13 is the effect of rushed game development. He just kind of disappears and we see him die in the most lame way imaginable. I truly believe none of this was intended, and the signs all point to that being true.
>>
>>342494637
>because Kojima started working on Silent Hills partway through development

Source? Your ass doesn't count as a source, anon.
>>
>>342496137
I'm theorizing. How else do you explain the issues that could be easily fixed? And don't say time, because the fuck had plenty of that.
>>
>>342496352
Incompetence?
>>
>>342496807
How do you suddenly get that bad over the course of one game? Peace Walker had it's own issues, but not to this extent.
>>
>>342496960
First attempt at an open world game from a team who had done nothing but linear cinematic stuff before coupled with shit working conditions during the most important stage of development.
>>
>>342495114
>Immortal vampire that kidnaps a little girl and runs across the ocean while your dead double-agent ex-girlfriend berates you about your love life in the middle of a mission to save the president where you later wake up naked in a virtual reality simulation.
>Imprisoned by the group working under your ex-triple-double-agent-mentor-defector including her ghost ex-lover and a man made of fucking bees where you hallucinate playing a completely different video game
>Grounded in reality
Nigga what
>>
>>342498329
As in they're not nightmare sequences. They actually happen within the game's reality. I didn't mean ours, sorry.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.