[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
games that SIGNIFICANTLY improved over time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
Guys! Stop a minute. Just wait right there. You have 30 seconds to tell name ONE game that has IMPROVED since it launched.

t. fresh prince of bel air
>>
>>342490242
>games that improved
>dayz
pick one
>>
Dwarf Fortress
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1450909984.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1450909984.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
Burnout Paradise and Diablo III
>>
>>342491248
the good old dayz is bad and didnt improve meme. I bet you havent even played it in months or maybe didnt even buy it you fucking faggot. the game is still in alpha and incase you didnt realize they made that very clear with their game description on their steam page:

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME "

So you either didnt do your research, are too dumb to read or are just ignorant so which one is it ? I would also like to inform you that the new renderer has vastly improved the framerate and compared to the beginning there are TONS of new items, attachements and other stuff in the game. Openworld games tend to take a few years to develope so what else did you expect ? Rockstar also doesnt make a new GTA in 2 years and they have a way bigger team. If you ask me compared to the budget and size of the team DayZ is actually superior to most other games and is a very positive example of EA being done right.
>>
>>342492065
But this is bait
right?
>>
File: sure anon.png (52 KB, 298x128) Image search: [Google]
sure anon.png
52 KB, 298x128
>>342492065
>Shilling this hard
Dayz was one of the first games that entered Early Access three years ago and it's still there. If you're charging full price for your fucking game for three years, that excuse is done.

So no, anon, this is not a good example of EA games, especially when their only content releases are a new gun every 12 months with a clothing recolor and one vehicle a year, especially when modders have done even more without being paid every day with their own arma 3 dayz mods.
>>
>>342492065
It's still bad tho. Almost as bad as starbound.
I bought it on launch and coming to check once in a while - nothing major really happens. Last update is also fucking nothing; I suppose you're trying to shill it or something.
Games that I actually like to check out once in a while are mostly roguelikes: urw, cata dda.
>>
>>342490242
>pic not related
>>
>>342492065
Is this pasta?
>>
>>342490242
You mean games that stagnated and demonstrate everything that can go wrong with early access?
>>
>>342490242
Don't Starve is probably the ur-example of an 'early access' game that succeeded.

Colonial Marines is probably the most publicized. It was a step away from literally unplayable at launch, but several dozen gigabytes of patches later and it is at least a game instead of an abortion now.

And there are plenty of examples of early access actually done right, such as Space Engineers and ARK that still get consistent, meaningful updates.
>>
>>342492065
>they added some shit
Doesnt change the fact the game is just as broken, if not more than the mod.
>its still in alpha
For how many years now?

Its fucking pathetic
>>
There's Grim Dawn. I remember when it appeared Steam Early Access and it was released recently. The differences are astronomical and it's a good game.
>>
>>342490242
Heroes of might and magic V
>>
>>342492065
Jesus christ shill please go
Oldschool dayz mod will always be in my memories because i had a squad i treated like family
we all hate dayz standalone it ruined the whole experience
>>
>>342490242
Natural Selection 2.
>>
Haven't played this one but I've heard Killer Instinct improved drastically since launch
>>
>>342490242
Project Zomboid
Don't Starve (even more if you include DLCs)
Sunless Sea
>>
Super Smash Bros 4.
>>
>>342492065
Have they added zombies yet?
>>
Diablo 3 wins here
>>
TORtanic
>>
7 days to die
>>
>>342495257
Yes. They will show up outside towns and so on like in the mod. Still no horde of them, but the fps problem got fixed if anything.
>>
Destiny
>>
>>342492065
it's absolute shit m8, I played it today.
I can't believe bohemia only put it up for 15% discount for this sale, this is some extreme jewry going on.
I was about to buy another copy for a friend but we both dropped it as soon as I've seen the price.
They've proven countless times that they're incompetent and I honestly don't think it will ever come out AND not be a buggy piece of shit, worthy of being called "stable release".
Fucking catastrophic, the Arma2 DayZ mod has seen 5 times more improvement than this piece of shit. The only "decent" update they've had recently was supposedly some engine update that made the game run slightly better.
Only took them a couple of years, bravo.
Bohemia, never again.
>>
Diablo. Prince of Persia. Tomb Raider. And basically any game old enough that it started as a chunky 16-bit nightmare.
>>
File: 2396871-battlefield4.jpg (122 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2396871-battlefield4.jpg
122 KB, 960x960
>>
>>342490242

DayZ is why I do longer buy early access. I love the game but its development has been badly mishandled. Would not recommened buying it.
>>
Splatoon is the only real answer.
>>
File: operp_visual_8.jpg (807 KB, 2284x720) Image search: [Google]
operp_visual_8.jpg
807 KB, 2284x720
ArmA III.

From Alpha to now. it's a world of difference.

The left is from the launch release. The right is the engine update a month or two ago.
>>
File: Dishonored_(Corvo).jpg (483 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored_(Corvo).jpg
483 KB, 1680x1050
There's a list of like 5 games with good DLC.
This, the soul series and maybe Mark of the ninja, can't remember if it was a DLC or a separate version
>>
Destiny.
>>
>>342500563
>premium edition 20€
what the fuck? Is it good? Might as well get it rather than this piece of shit that's in the OP
>>
nearly all of them?

you're just focusing on the negative things like DLC or simplification for normies, and ignoring that everyone gets bored of everything
>>
>>342502537
Tanoa is one of the best maps since Zargabad and Takistan.
>>
As of Tuesday, Star Wars Battlefront became a fucking great game. The Bespin DLC and the huge update they brought with it are fantastic. Now when you become one of Sheev's honor guard it actually uses the Royal Guard skin.
>>
>>342500254
I still prefer the visual appearance of 8 and 16 bit console games

art is better when the artist has limitations, namely because the artist has to create a visual style rather than simply reproducing reality

the only bad pixel and sprite games are the ones that were made recently, and even then they can be great like shovel knight
>>
>>342503028
Is it? I haven't gotten Apex yet.

Personally, my favorite maps were Nogova and Sahrani. But I play ArmA offline, so I'm a campaign cuck. :(

How is the AI on Tanoa? Forests have always been a very difficult location to have a firefight in regarding previous games, and some would argue the AI cheats in those locations. Much of Tanoa is that type of environment.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.