[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What specs you guys recommend for Dolphin? Apparently it needs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1466653807101.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1466653807101.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
What specs you guys recommend for Dolphin?
Apparently it needs something a little higher end
>>
>>>/vg/

>>>/emugen/
>>
Any Core i5 or Core i7 CPU made within the last 6 years, the faster the better. You can use AMD equivalent but it will perform worse due to lower PPC.
A dedicated GPU made within the last 10 years
At least 4GB of RAM
>>
I recommend buying a Wii and putting homebrew on it yourself
>>
>>342489123
>
Apparently it needs something a little higher end

Depends purely on the game. Some like F-Zero GX take semi-reasonable PCs while others like Pikmin require toasters.
>>
>>342489720
the emulation is quite gpu bound, choose nothing older than 5 years ago max
>>
>>342489720
>AMD for emulation

Under any circumstance DO NOT use AMD and expecially for dolphin.

I have an i3 and it can run any GC game but I have problems ruining Wii ones.
>>
>>342489123
not really, my old lappy can run Twilight Princess and Wind Waker flawlessly. The GC had pretty conventional hardware, it's the PS2 emu that's tricky.
>>
>>342489946
It's only GPU bound if plan to play at high resolutions (4K) and use graphical enhancements.

A Radeon 4870 or GTX 260 can still play Wind Waker or Tales of Symphonia at 1080p.
>>
ITT: NEET game pirates
>>
>>342489123
I use an 8 core AMD running at 3.8 GHz, but my situation is not ideal because Dolphin prefers Windows and I use Linux. Results are mixed, but I can usually play at 1080p. I have no intention of switching to Windows just for Dolphin, but I happen to have an Intel Compute Stick on order, so I will probably try Dolphin on it. The Compute Stick is probably woefully underpowered for Dolphin, but hey, if it happens to work than it would be pretty slick.
>>
I can play Eternal Darkness on a piece of shit 2012 laptop
>>
>>342490001
AMD works fine if you lock the core speed.
>>
>>342490001
I use AMD Phenom II x4 955 and I have no problems with Dolphin emulation. I played Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Online, and other games no problem.

But PCSX2 is a different story. I can run Kingdom Hearts 2 well but games like Gran Turismo 3 is like a slideshow.
>>
I recommend
>anything with a modern intel processor
the rest is less important. I can emulate gamecube on my laptop with no dedicated graphics card and an i5.
>>
>>342489123
It just werks.
>>
>>342490662
Kingdom Hearts 2 emulated surprisingly well. I can't seem to get anything other than that running on my computer.
>>
>>342489123
to me is like the ps2 emulator bullshit all over again.

You can run the games , and they can get up to 1080 60fps with certain changes.
But some games allways has some problems and you end up going to the internet looking for people with the same problems and solutions.
all most every wii game as some errors that makes you look for different configurations to play them correctly
>>
>>342491206
I fully beat Tales of the Abyss on PCSX2, there were a few slowdowns here and there but not enough to make the game unplayable. Tales of Destiny Remake and Odin Sphere also ran pretty good.
>>
>What specs you guys recommend for Dolphin?

Just buy a Gamecube you NEET PCuck
>>
>>342491898
or just buy a Wii for like $40 and softmod it. Pirate all the Gamecube and Wii games you want and play them without any problems.
>>
An Intel CPU
>>
>>342489816
me too
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.