[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interace/H.U.D.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: MechWarrior.jpg (94 KB, 922x508) Image search: [Google]
MechWarrior.jpg
94 KB, 922x508
Let's talk about interface. Post your favourite interfaces from games, and why they are so good/bad/appropriate/etc.
MechWarrior Online - interface is loaded with tons of details that you need to pay attention to, but thats the nature of the game, its very complicated and requires you to know many specs of your mech and battle situation
>>
How about we talk about how Mechwarrior Online was total fucking garbage, and how it pretty much killed any chance of getting another legitimate Mechwarrior Game.
>>
>>342487068
its true its not a great game, but what I want to rescue about the hud is the harmony it has with the game mechanics and how the hud should reflect the nature of the game
>>
File: ps3_dead_space_21.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ps3_dead_space_21.jpg
214 KB, 1280x720
>>342486460
Best HUD coming through.
>>
>>342487906
havent playe the game, care to expand a bit more on it?
>>
>>342488047
Faggots health is on his back. Its quite retarded. Game is total shit.
>>
>>342488047
The lit up line down his back is the health meter. Everything else is displayed through holographic projectors on his suit. Map, journal, inventory, all of it. No menus popping up over the screen.
>>
>>342488047
The entire HUD/UI is directly integrated into the character, making for a more immersive experience. The lights up his spine are his HP, ammo count is projected from the gun itself and not on the corner of your screen like other games, resources like oxygen and stasis/kinesis are also displayed next to the spinal HP bar. All navigation and communication with other characters is done through a hologram module that comes from the suit making it feel like you're really in the game.

The entire thing is basically trying to tear down the typical "video game" barrier of a default HUD by putting everything on the character in a believable manner.
>>
File: HUD-1.png (117 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HUD-1.png
117 KB, 640x480
Pretty simple but this still my favorite of all time
>>
>>342487068
I liked MWO. It had great combat and I personally liked when they added the bigger teams. I hated the huge grind that it had however. It was very pay2notgrind
>>
>>342487068
I like the game. Play it a lot.

Still I have stockholm syndrome.

I fucking hate PGI and the minimap debacle yesterday almost made me pop a vein.
>>
File: gtav hud.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gtav hud.png
1 MB, 1280x720
This is the best picture I can find of GTA V's HUD. The only thing that will show up during normal gameplay is the map at the bottom left. Very un-intrusive.
>>
>>342488351
Kys.
>>
metroid prime
>>
File: doomhud.png (17 KB, 640x177) Image search: [Google]
doomhud.png
17 KB, 640x177
A classic
>>
File: ingame_16x9.jpg (385 KB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
ingame_16x9.jpg
385 KB, 1067x600
>>
The best hud is no hud
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.