[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Picked up Grimrock 2 from the GOG during the summer sale and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: log2_keyart_1920x1080.jpg (428 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
log2_keyart_1920x1080.jpg
428 KB, 1920x1080
Picked up Grimrock 2 from the GOG during the summer sale and I'm having a blast. Are firearms viable in late game? Also dungeon crawler thread.
>>
>>342486317
Is earth magic shit in grimrock like most games?
>>
Firearms were pretty shit during release, if you want to have some real fun make an alchemist, invest into throwing weapons and rape everything with dual bombs. Maybe it was changed with patches though.
>>342486832
It's nowhere nearly as good as fire magic but there's a staff that has a built-in poison bolt.
>>
>>342487352
I'll try to focus on making bombs then. Are there any penalties from doing melee attacks from the back row in grimrock? I've currently got a rogue with a dagger and throwing weapons and not sure if I should stick with that or focus on missile weapons for him. I only have one melee character which is my berserker.
>>
firearms are pretty shit. I regret pumping so many points in. go throwing or bow if you want a good back attacker, if he's your alchemist, go throwing for some double bomb throwing, I think thats the only synergy you can get from that.
>>342486832
Earth magic is pretty mediocre, I also regret pumping points. There are some situations were you can poison gas at closed doors or through fences. Frost is still mvp in combat though. Magic walls are pretty nice too.
>>
Etrian Odyssey got me into the genre. What other crawlers have great music?
>>
>>342488401
Might and Magic 6
>>
I have both games in my library. Should I bother with the first or just go straight to the second?
>>
>>342488117
I should be fine with only one point in firearms, right? I've been putting points in accuracy instead.
>>
>get stuck
>dont want to replay everything
>cant even cheat my way through
I suck.
>>
>>342488865
Always make backup saves
>>
>>342488663

are you focusing into firearms? Accuracy is great general purpose so if you still wanna switch, you are good to, or even give a heavy weapon to him since they start tossing them at you like candy late game and accuracy allows for back row attacks at some point.
there are only 2 good light weapons and you usually get them dual wielded on one guy anyways so I dont recommend too many speccing into that.
>>
File: 1414022228628.jpg (201 KB, 771x579) Image search: [Google]
1414022228628.jpg
201 KB, 771x579
>>342487774
generally you might want two frontliners, one is really not enough even though berserker minotaur is one of the best classes in the game
always go for 2h weapons, consider experimenting with Battle Mage as he can be both an excellent frontliner and additional CC unit creating walls when you need it on top of having more mana to spam specials of magical weapons
i remember that there was a skill allowing to attack from a second row but i don't remember how it was called
>>
>>342489538
I've got my rogue with light weapons at the moment in the back row. My battle mage is in the front line and is magic only and alchemist is just using guns but I can switch his weapons.
>>
>>342488401
Every Might & Magic game is worth playing. If you're a complete newbie to the genre, you can start from M&M3, M&M4-5 or M&M6. 9 is the only really bad M&M game. The soundtracks vary from catchy midi tunes to pretty kickass shit.

Aside from that, maybe the Mystery Dungeon games, if that counts?
>>
>>342486317
Only the Cannon is good but you'll almost never get to use it.

>>342486832
It's still dogshit.
>>
>>342486317
Firearms are the weakest weapons in the game since they don't scale with attributes and have finite ammo, but you can play through the game with a firearms party member just fine
>>
This game was my GOTY of.. 2014?
Feels like last month, fuck.

It was amazing.
I had my alchemist use guns so I dumped all his points on alchemy at first, but late in the game I gave him some high damage one handed weapons and put stats for that. Guns are kinda shit.
>>
>>342489913

As a guy that went through hardest mode first playthrough, switch it. Guns was a meme weapon and the only benefit is the special gun cannon that wasnt that worth the points and being mediocre in every fight. It was fast though so you never had to worry about timing shots so theres that to consider. you have to be careful about tossing arrows and knives down pits but its always retrievable
>>
>>342490329
>>342490435
>>342490471
It didnt help that the game gave you so many cool looking high stat bows and knives but you couldnt use them cause lol all points into guns
>>
>>342490471
Throwing it is then thank you.
>>
>>342489960
MM6 is the best one to start with in my opinion even if it's got some of the hardest dungeons.
>>
>>342486317
No, your better off with a bow and arrow for long range
>>
>>342486832
yes, fire and air are the only viable elements
>>
A berserker and guardian or whatever in the front, a rogue and mage (or two rogues if you wanna fuck around) in the back. Easy mode.
>>
>>342492159
ice man. They nerfed it and its still op.
>>
Did Grimrock 2 make a profit? Will we see a Grimrock 3?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.