[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In hindsight it was still a pretty fantastic game. The trailers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
In hindsight it was still a pretty fantastic game. The trailers were just misleading.
>>
Yeah, the trailers implied that there would be a story.
>>
The game was amazing, It just missed that awesome Metal Gear story :(
>>
The story was not the problem.

The game being watered down FarCry is.
>>
>>342486640
>The game being watered down FarCry is.

I think what you meant was "An actual good version of Far Cry."
>>
i still think there were enough cutscenes , people are just didnt like it story i guess
>>
>>342486174
No, not really
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-06-12 23-33-12-95.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-06-12 23-33-12-95.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>342486174
Nah m8 it was pure fucking garbage
>>
>>342487717
There were plenty of cutscenes, there was just even more gameplay so people felt there wasn't much relatively speaking.
>>
>>342488020
>That pic

Are you implying shooting from the hip isn't badass as fuck?
>>
>>342486174
I'm playing it right now for the first time, and am loving it.
>>
>>342486174
just bought this game 20 minutes ago
>>
>>342488168
I don't know what he's implying, but Ocelot stripping him down, and calling him a faggot for shooting an automatic like a revolver was hilarious.
Admittedly, Troy Baker voicing Ocelot with the same voice he used for Joel did take me out.
>>
>>342488168
It's also a really bad idea with handguns. Rifles are a different story though.
>>
>>342486810
Thats insulting to FarCry
>>
>>342486174
I look at it as an epilogue for the entire series, sort of like how MG and MG2 can function as a prologue to the series. It works better as part of the meta story of Metal Gear, with Kojima finally acknowledging the player's worth after the end of MGS2 saying they're not worthy of being Raiden. In the actual Metal Gear story is reveals that a lot of things we thought we knew were wrong, sort of like MGS4's epilogue does.

it also has the best gameplay of the series, which further contrasts with the simple gameplay of MG/MG2.
>>
>>342488176
Wait 'till you get to the mission repeats
>>
>>342489173
Not really, Far Cry 2 had good ideas but flawed execution.

Both 3 and 4 are trash.
>>
>>342486174
Yeah, but it was a pretty repetitive game overall. Open world was a huge mistake.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.