[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people keep complaining about being bored and not having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: World-of-Warcraft-from-YouTube.jpg (218 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Warcraft-from-YouTube.jpg
218 KB, 1280x720
Why do people keep complaining about being bored and not having anything to do in WoW?

The game is freaking massive. There's raiding, garrissons, professions, daily quests, battlegrounds, arenas, achievements, mounts, pets, toys, etc...

I can't keep up with the amount of content in this game and there are people who think that it's not enough.
>>
>>342473824
all the content is shit.
>>
>>342473824

t. casual who started late
>>
>>342473824
OP, even following the pack, everyone has completed almost everything.

I'm playing again for vanity items in the midsummer festival. Raided all of the Horde cities on my server...and I was the only person there.
>>
i have already done all that content 4-5x over

I can only level all professions to max level just to have them all rendered irrelevant with garrison chores so many times

I have explored every inch of the world many times and have simply run out of content. The new stuff is mediocre at best and can't hold my subscription. The world pvp zone in WoD is absolute garbage, too.
>>
>>342475332

This too.. it is fucking depressing how empty the capital cities are. I remember when every city was so packed, people would set their hearth at Silvermoon City or The Exodar just to have a place free of lag. Now, I am amazed to see someone above level 10 in one of those cities despite them being some of the most gorgeous capital cities ever realized in an mmo.
>>
>>342474678

t. no lifer with too much time of his hands
>>
>>342475786
So much effort went into them, just to be abandoned like that
>>
File: gfay orchill.jpg (353 KB, 1926x1092) Image search: [Google]
gfay orchill.jpg
353 KB, 1926x1092
>>342473824
EQ with only 2 expansions has more content than current day WoW
>>
>>342475332
>>342475662
roll an alt

>>342475786
I love Silvermoon but no flying means that it's slow as fuck to get anywhere.
>>
>>342473824
Yeah but most of it is brain dead easy and unrewarding.
>>
>>342473824
This game has been stripped of everything that made it great in the first place. It's a rancid turd now.
>>
>>342473824
alot of things that should take time is too accessible making everything created underappreciated by a majority of those who fly through it.
>>
>>342475995
The game is more fun now than it's ever been.

Maybe you've just grown out of it.

t. someone who's played since TBC
>>
>>342475662
I hate that this fag >>342475962 tells you to roll an alt when you've got 4.

Yes the game is stale and boring when you have 5 max level chars; the only time this wasn't the case was in vanilla because it was all brand new and even say, raiding an enemy town was fun, because it was a new location.

although if you had 5 level 60s it would have been boring AF too
>>
People do things because it's pleasurable activity on its own right or because it provides a concrete in-game advantage, preferably both, they don't do "content" just because it's there. For example, the designers could add achievement "kill hundred million critters" achievement but besides a few players who already have the maximum amount of achievement points, everyone would consider such an activity not worth doing because it's not entertaining and because it doesn't provide any concrete benefits, even if you could classify it as "content".

Indeed, besides progression raiding and rated PvP, neo-WoW doesn't have any ways to improve your character and once you've beaten the latest raid/grinded out rating to a level you're satisfied with, you enter a "maintenance" mode without even being allowed to spend more time than 2h a week raidlogging due to lockouts. And all other activities you described are cosmetical in terms of their rewards, and it's fair to assume most of everyone who cares about that kind of stuff already got it when the content was relevant (for example, a mount collector would already have Argent Tournament mounts because they got them in 3.2 patch so the only people who'd consider getting the mounts worthwhile "content" most likely already posses them). Or consider something like levelling alts: never mind that people could have levelled a character a year and they'd have a character of each class at this point even with such minimal time investment, levelling and gearing up has been made so trivial you could have a raid-ready character within a week anyway, so even if you started fresh, alts would hardly be an activity that would keep you occupied for long (while in vanilla/TBC just one alt was a fairly major investment).

And since the game is shit, none of those activities are entertaining in their own right.
>>
>>342473824
>raiding
done for months
>garrissons
maxed on 4 characters, can't be arsed anymore
>professions
maxed out on my characters and generally pointless
>daily quests
done them often enough, exalted with every faction
>battlegrounds, arenas
why would i pvp in a pve game? besides it's the same thing over and over again.
>achievements, mounts, pets, toys
collected everything i want or am willing to put in the required effort.

i still enjoy the game and keep raiding for shits and giggles but i can see why people take a break until legion
>>
>>342476091
Why would Blizzard bother making content if only the most elite 1% of players would get to see it?

Some of us have jobs and girlfriends and don't have 8 hours a day to invest in a game.
>>
It doesn't help that everything is datamined to hell before it even releases

Cross realms and LFR also killed server community, so there's that

Oh, and to be as competitive ok the AH now compared to 6 years ago, the mobile AH is nearly required
>>
>>342473824
>raiding
Have to go through 2-3 difficulties before i can get to the fun stuff
>garrisons
Boring phone game
>professions
Professions have been fairly boring since wotlk but WoD made it worse
>daily quests
The majority of these a trivial and boring as fuck
>battlegrounds
Game is too focused on cooldowns where i am weak 4/5 of the time and incredibly OP the other 1/5.
>arena
same thing
>achievements
Same of these are cool, the majority are not
>mounts, pets, toys
cosmetic fluff
>>
the game basically died after Wotlk.
>>
>>342476769
>after
>not after 3.2
>not after 2.4
>not after Dailyquest Crusade release
>>
Yeah....the lastest expansion had hardly any content and even Blizzard themselves admitted to it
>>
>>342475874

They didn't think even a week past launch date when developing these cities. To put SO MUCH EFFORT into them, only to have 90% of max level players at Shittrath was retarded. They should have found a way to put the capitals in draenor and have them be separate for horde and alliance.
>>
>>342476769
Just because you stopped playing doesn't mean the game died.

WoW is still by far the most popular MMO in the world and one of the most lucrative video game franchises of all time.

WoW is very much alive and most likely will be for years to come.
>>
>>342476769
>>342477024
>a.k.a. the game died when my love for it died

Remember how it felt when you first played? That's what its like for people who have just started playing.
>>
>>342476336
The ''casual'' argument is fucking retarded. Let's just compare vanilla and WoD in the perspective of a ''casual'' player. In vanilla, if you'd play casually it would take you MONTHS just to hit level cap. Then you can spend even more time just doing 5 mans to get pre raid bis.
In WoD, you can hit level cap in a weekend. Gearing up is pretty much instantaneous as well, and after that the only thing you have left which is raiding(that you won't do).

You think every single person who played vanilla back in the day was a NEET? No, vast majority were normal people with normal responsibilities, and the reason they kept playing is because progress was slow. They always had something to do. Also, they still make content for the ''elite 1%''. That's called mythic raids.
>>
>>342473824
>The game is freaking massive.
It's had six expansions over 12 years yet much of the content has been done to death. Can only level so many characters and run so many instances before it gets boring.

>There's raiding, garrissons, professions, daily quests, battlegrounds, arenas, achievements, mounts, pets, toys, etc..
Of those, raiding is the only thing that might hold people's interest, maybe BGS or arenas but not everyone is into pvp. Some of those like mount and toy farming amount to nothing more than collecting which might be fun but isn't very rewarding in terms of an mmo game and gets boring very quickly. The rest are either fucked, like professions, or just boring.
>>
>>342477212
Hah! I'd go as far as saying new players are the ones who would suffer the most from the way neo-WoW is designed. For example, veteran players who've already levelled a dozen or more characters, done every single quest and explored every nook and cranny of the world wouldn't really be affected even if every character started at level cap. But consider a new player: they would have plenty of things to figure out, explore and discover... if it wasn't for the fact that the game is "solved" from the start. For example, when each zone consists of 100% linear quest chain that systematically tours you through the entire zone with every single mob and object being involved through this rollercoaster ride, there isn't anything left to explore and discover!
>>
>>342477212
I don't think so. Everything is so streamlined, a noob will just blaze through the leveling experience, do LFR, think to themselves that since they've killed the last boss they've completed the game and quit playing. Fuck, a new player won't even experience Northrend, Outland or Azeroth since the level 90 boost exists.
>>
>>342473824
for a player there's some content he wants to do and some he doesn't. take pet battle as an example some people enjoy it, some would rather play pokemon. At this moment most people have finished the content they like, they don't want to force themselves doing content they're not interested.
>>
>>342477202
Even so, that doesn't mean the current game is any good or better than it used to be.

McDonald's is one of the most successful and lucrative restaurant franchises of all time. Doesn't change the fact that their food is shit.
>in b4 "food analogies"

There are many ways to measure WoW's perceived success. One way would be sub count which by all metrics shows people have long since abandoned it and it is a shell of its former self.
>>
>>342477307
For starters, I believe content that no one or very few have been able to defeat does offer something to players who haven't done it (making the world feel like a much more dangerous and mysterious place, giving them something to aspire to).

In addition, it's also worth noting that a soundly designed game maintains an "elites-only" status for some content but as time progresses, it's indirectly nerfed. Given enough time, even without player improvement, more and more people would get to see a bit of content eventually but timely nerfs and indirect nerfs (the latter being preferable) make this process faster. For example, during vanilla, a number of accessible gear sources were introduced: Dire Maul, significantly buffed 5-man dungeon loot (including a lot of well-itemized items superior to anything in T1), upgraded dungeon set, ZG... With access to these new sources of gear and classes that, on average, had been buffed, MC and to lesser extent even BWL would have become pushovers and while this historically did not happen, all that was required to get far more people into T1/T2 raiding would have been a gentle push and maybe a carrot to boot.
>>
No talent-tree. Every class can do everything. No exclusives to either faction. Pokemon.

There's nothing holding you back!
>>
>>342477751
>>342477982
I recently made a new account and had a blast playing through 1-90, even though I had seen most of it before (quit when WOTLK arrived, re-subbed maybe a year after got to around lvl 74).

You're acting like a veteran playing a new char though, A true noob would just enjoy the game because it's all brand new, yeah it's more streamlined now, but the newer generation of players want things faster and easier, and feel entitled to see the whole game they paid for instead of having to gitgud to see most of the game like it was when older people grew up.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.