[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Released to almost universal critical acclaim >Never a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: shenmue background.jpg (25 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
shenmue background.jpg
25 KB, 620x350
>Released to almost universal critical acclaim
>Never a single thread ever discussing it

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>342472124

To be honest I spent most of my time playing Super Hang On instead of the actual game.

But I played this as a single digit aged kid and I have a lot of fond memories for this game. It made me fall in love with video games. I wasted a ton of time buyimg soda pops and figurines too. And the cat. Great game. Dreamcast was a good system.
>>
Shenmue 2 is better.
>>
>>342472124
I tried to play the Xbox version but couldn't get into it. It was like a VN with QTEs.
>>
>>342472742
>Super Hang On
>Not Space Harrier

Comeon /v/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-AXuqkL7WQ

Skip to 35 seconds in.Sound familiar /v/?
>>
Yakuza has surpassed it.
>>
I blame Sonyggers and Nintoddlers, Sega 1st party was always the most adventurous but not good enough for normalfags
>>
I'm playing it right now and it's still damn good, albeit a bit dated
>>
>>342472945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
>>342472838

Fuck you. Super Hang On is better. Rivals are fun. Upgrading and repairing your bike is fun. Controlling the bike is fun. You fuck right off with your stupid idiot bullshit.
>>
>>342472961

wat this PS2 grapix xD look outdated without batman combat.
>>
>>342473032
It's held up a bit better than the first Shrek movie in a lot of respects.
>>
>>342472945
Uh, no.
>>
Does it emulate well on dreamcast?
>>
>>342472990

Fuck off faggot. Blame Sega for being incompetent.
>>
>>342473375
>Japanese game
>Weeb

Do you meme spouting fucks even know what you're typing anymore?
>>
>>342472124
PS2 babies didn't play it
>>
>>342472124
>almost universal critical acclaim

No it just got decent acclaim.
>>
>>342473447

The /b/tard is underage spouting FilthyFrank memes, just ignore him.
>>
>>342472124
>What the fuck happened?
Because it wasn't that great.

It was OK at the time and a novelty, but the QTEs and fighting really wore out their welcome by the end.

Also the fucking US never got to transfer their saves, the UK actually got Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast.

Which is why I thought 2 being a "Xbox HUEG Exclusive" was stupid, I have no problem with it being such, but all they did to compensate was give you a DVD movie of the 1st game.

And that is also why I just don't get Shenmue 3, it is going to be a stripped down VN with your stuff not carrying over yet again.
>>
File: Dragon's Lair (U) (Front).jpg (326 KB, 943x1602) Image search: [Google]
Dragon's Lair (U) (Front).jpg
326 KB, 943x1602
>>342472802
I imported the UK version and just downloaded a save online, bought a bunch of not-fake Zippo lighters to avoid the bullshit money getting stolen bit, got up to that darned cross-dresser/tranny/whatever QTE and just quit.

The Virtua Fighter like fighting was ok, but the QTEs just wore out their welcome by that point that I didn't care to finish it.

QTEs have existed for a while, a lot of FMV games were just like this especially when CD-ROMs drives were coming out.
>>
>>342472124

The average /v/ poster is probably around 15 to 19 and have never played it.
>>
>>342472124
It bombed.

What universal acclaim does everyone talk about ?
>>
/v/ is a shit board, you either have people who like mega casual AAA shit like Halo or low budget, mediocre obscure hipster shit, there is no appreciation for those great games in the middle that have the best of both worlds and therefore are the best games ever made.
>>
>>342476116
If Shenmue's not Triple A then I don't know what Triple A is.
>>
>Loved the shit out of this game back in 2001

>Now live a 10 min train ride from the real Dobuita street

yeah, I might have weeaboo'ed too hard
>>
>>342475196

this guy gets it
>>
>>342476116
Nigga Shenmue would be AAAA by todays standards.
>>
>>342472124
It's just a meme game.
>>
Games that everybody likes don't get any discussion on /v/ until contrarians and trolls come in.
>>
>>342475196
underage spotted
>>
>>342472124
/v/ is 95% of underage retards, they didn't even know about the Shenmue games, and, they will only play a Shenmue game when a "HD remaster" will be released, and then complain.
>>
>>342472124
what happened? it was major fucking slow and boring is what happened. shrug.
>>
>>342472124
It's an okay game at best
Notice how most of the people in the thread say it's only forgotten because they say most of /v/ is 15 year olds?
>>
File: 1281382282633.jpg (61 KB, 374x430) Image search: [Google]
1281382282633.jpg
61 KB, 374x430
>>342476116
>/v/ is a shit board
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.