[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good video games with non-saccharine endings, e.g.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What are some good video games with non-saccharine endings, e.g. the protagonist or many of their allies die as part of the canon ending?
>>
File: file.png (713 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
file.png
713 KB, 1024x1024
>>342467915
Mass Effect 3
>>
>>342467972
>mass effect 3
>good
pick one
>>
You die in fallout 3, and I think 4.
>>
>>342468034
I thought in 4 that you either killed your son or nuked boston? Didn't know the protag died too.
>>
>children's cartoon
>soldiers kill half the Scooby-Doo gang
What the fuck?
>>
>>342468175
FO4's ending is so ridiculously fucked if you play it a certain way that there's no proper way to describe it.

You get to the Institute where your son is boss.
At that point you get to choose between helping them or blowing them the fuck up with the help of one of the other factions.
You don't attack their headquarters right away, though, there's a couple of follow-up missions to it.
During that time the Institute is already aware that you've turned against them, yet you're allowed to walk around in their base freely and everyone acts friendly to you, the only difference is that your son, who should be viewed as the main antagonist of the story at that point, is simply REMOVED FROM THE GAME so as to not cause a conflict with the quest that tells you to destroy the Instutute.
>>
>>342468614
Sounds like typical Bethesda trash at its best.
>>
>>342468869
it's worse than that, there's glaring issues with the game that they never even attempted to fix.

there are elevators in the game, but the AI isn't instructed on how to use them. when you get in an elevator, your companions either stay outside or clip halfway into the elevator door and get stuck there, and when you get far enough away from them, they'll get teleported to your location.
if an elevator ride is particularly long, the NPC with you will get stuck at the start, will spawn next to you once you get far enough for the teleport to trigger, get stuck in the wall again, and then appear in front of you right as you exit the elevator.
>>
>>342469571
And this was never patched? And the game was released with this behavior?

God, the industry is in such shit shape these days..
>>
>>342467915
Spec Ops: The Line
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.