[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this game is garbage for one reason (on console)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: darkthumb-1461002639601_large.jpg (82 KB, 626x352) Image search: [Google]
darkthumb-1461002639601_large.jpg
82 KB, 626x352
DOOM runs at 60fps. Look at that game. It's actually next gen. It actually has a real next-gen engine and actually uses the hardware to its fullest advantage, AND its 60fps. On PS4 it even runs at 1080p.

Explain to me, how a game as bad looking as Dark Souls 3, runs BELOW 30. FUCKING EXPLAIN THAT. How does WORSE graphics on an old-gen engine have that fucking low framerate?! I thought game developers employed software engineers to fix this shit. What the actual fuck homies?

btw, i also have the same problem with fallout 4 but that's almost excusable because the game itself is shit anyway so lower framerates are justified.
>>
File: 327346346.png (123 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
327346346.png
123 KB, 356x256
>Console

Literally who cares?
>>
>>342464567

I pirated the game for my PC and it ran even worse. It had the weirdest framerate ive encountered. Some areas were 60, others we 12.

You shouldn't need a 980GTX and 24GB of ram and an i7@5500ghz to run a game so bad looking.
>>
I have a 970 i7 2600k and it runs like shit for what it looks like.
random drops, 50fps in a lot of areas, stuttering gets worse or better depending on the patch.
they simply cant code for shit
>>
File: the Tomb of Giants.png (2 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
the Tomb of Giants.png
2 KB, 1152x648
The devs have no technical skills, they lucked out entering a genre that barely any devs are making games for (because fps is the only thing that sells) and now everyone praises them as gods of difficulty when the difficulty is mostly forced shit like
>ambush swarm
>this cliff is easy to get knocked off from
>you have to fight me now because fog door
>obscure quest line to get slightly different ending
>>
you are fucking retarded OP, it's the brand new BB engine. I have an i5 3.4 ghz + r9 380 and it runs like shit. that back and forth from 60 fps to 40 fps if worse than a stable 30 fps.
>>
>>342464505
what? I get a constant 60fps on max settings when playing ds3. Only time it didn't was when it was loading road of sacrifices for the first time.

What's your specs dude?
>>
>>342464505
Because DaS3 renders much larger environments than DOOM
>>
>>342464505

>game not 60 fps
>babyraeg

I fucking hate people like you. Also DOOM was garbage, so maybe anything different than that shit is an improvement.
>>
>>342464843
>980GTX

Looks like you don't know much about GPUs my friend. Both for calling it "980GTX", and thinking the GTX 980 is high-end in 2016 when it's about to be surpassed by a $200 card by AMD.
>>
>>342464843
No issues for me on a 980. Minor dips at most.
>>
Doom has basically no enemy variety, and it works on a level to level basis as opposed to Dark Souls 3 which has no loading times between different areas and has many more enemies to load in any single area (Doom bypasses the trouble of enemy AI by not being able to have more than a dozen enemies active at any given time.)
>>
>>342464843
>gtx 680
>runs buttery smooth on high settings
jej
>>
>>342464505
Japanese programmers.

That's all. That's literally the only answer.

Never trust a nip to optimize a game engine.
>>
>>342464505
>muh fps

Please fuck off back to your containment sub.
>>
PCfag and got the JP version for ps4 to play early. it runs fine tb h
>>
anyone else find this game unplayable on ps4?
I remember enjoying every bit of it when i got it on release, but after the last few updates i cant dodge for shit. Everytime i come back it seems to be worse.

Did they fuck something up or its just me? every fucking enemy attack animation just lags perfectly in time to fuck up my dodge. This didnt happen before
>>
That's what you get for trying to run a PC game on consoles you fucking pleb
>>
File: 1465519347253.jpg (57 KB, 734x721) Image search: [Google]
1465519347253.jpg
57 KB, 734x721
>>342464505
>buying a console
>actually expecting good framerates
>>
Because they only have talented artists. Their programming team is understaffed and incompetent and has been for quite some time. Armored Core has suffered the most from this over the years.
The reason the studio surived is because artists in Japan come extremely cheap and as such it wasn't hard to make "new" games that are basically just different levels with new textures while being able to continue using most of the codebase of their old releases.
On top of that they had luck with Dark Souls becoming a surprise hit but as all the money went into pockets of their parent company and as such it's unlikely From's technological presentation will ever improve.
>>
File: darksoulsiii2016-05-03wsql.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
darksoulsiii2016-05-03wsql.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>342470827
>Japanese programmers.
>>342466793
>The devs have no technical skills
>>342471979
>Their programming team is understaffed and incompetent and has been for quite some time

you are all retarded. ds 3 runs on a brand new engine. it looks better than doom and renders way bigger environments.
>>
>>342464505
> next gen

Do you understand the concept of next-gen?

Pc is not next-gen, Ps4 is not next-gen.

Next-gen means we are not there yet.

Stop using marketing buzzwords like a retard
>>
>>342464843
I have a 390x, i7 4790k, 16GB of ram.
It runs like butter, constant 60 fps on max settings.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.