[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so /v/, which is the better Fire Emblem game? Fates or Awakening?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: awakening.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
awakening.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
so /v/, which is the better Fire Emblem game? Fates or Awakening?
>>
>>342463785

Fates Conquest is miles better than Birthright and Awakening. Miles better.
>>
>>342463837
Birthright and Conquest should be counted under Fates imo. I think the story spit was for no reason other than a cash grab due to how rushed it felt, so I count fates as one whole game. although if I didnt I would still have to say Awakening > Birthright = Conquest > Revelation
>>
>>342463986
Oh. In that case, Fates > Awakening.
>>
conquest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> birthright = awakening >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> revelations
>>
Conquest has good gameplay but the plot was fucking stupid, was pretty tough though
Fates had a more standard FE plot but the gameplay was closer to awakening, not as hard and the game gave you the most overpowered character to come out of fire emblem

They're both better than awakening
I never finished either of them, should get around to doing that at some point
>>
Fates hands down. Also, birthright is really fucking underrated to be honest. Just ignore Ryoma and all skirmishes and you've got a better Awakening in terms of map design
>>
>>342464064
no one cares about story in FE they're all bad
>>
>>342464012
>>342464021
dont get me wrong, the map design and difficulty made the game fun as hell but the story was a complete joke. as fun as the game was its really hard for me to take it seriously. awakening has its bad moments but at least its coherent. looking back i would possibly place conquest in the same tier, but I think yall are choosing to ignore the writing
>>
>>342464154
see>>342464143
>>
>>342464064
>Fates
I mean birthright

Also
>Conquest is a mode made for older fe fans who want a challenge with varied map objectives and probably disliked awakening
>Fill it with awakening characters
>>
>>342464103
agreed that birthright is underrated, it honestly has the best story of the 3 fates splits. but the splits make the writing a joke, and having to play the game 3 times essentially (redoing supports for every character, ect) to enjoy the full experience is tedious as hell
>>
>>342464154
But Fates has a much more interesting story than Awakening, which was full retard
>>
>>342464143
Fates tried to do something new with it though, it's why I pointed story out.

It could have been great, but they made corrin a gullible idiot because they needed the obvious evil emperor that every FE has
>>
>>342464196
I cant feel intimidated by a final boss who is a whiny cunt
>>
>>342464330
Fates lore and setting was a goldmine for a great fire emblem story, but the execution was way off because they either rushed it or didnt focus enough on the writing and piecing the plot together coherently
>>
Conquest>Revelations>Birthright>>>Awakening

Awakening rubbed me the wrong way, I'm glad they fixed it in Fates.
>>
>>342464423
>but the execution was way off because they either rushed it or didnt focus enough on the writing and piecing the plot together coherently
What about it wasn't pieced together coherently? How did it feel rushed? It was all very cohesive, and seeing the other side of the story in its sister game was great. Miles better than the shit they pulled in Awakening in regards to time travel
>>
>>342464425
>revelation above birthright
being this wrong
>>
>>342464330
In concept it was interesting, in execution it was bad.
>>
>>342464516
if you think conquest or revelation had a coherent delivery of the story then im not sure if you remember the game all too well. birthright had the most redeemable story yet it was still pretty boring. time travel in awakening was interesting imo
>>
>>342464609
Opinions, eh?

Explain what you mean by "Coherent delivery" because I'm not getting it.
>>
>>342464609
>time travel in awakening was interesting imo
I feel like it had a place in Awakening's story, especially in regards to the kids. The hyperbolic baby chamber in Fates is so fucking stupid, I just ignore the kids.

My main grip about Awakening's storyline as a whole is that it's sort of disjointed. You can pretty much feel where part 1 ends, part 2, etc.
>>
>>342464756
Yeah, this. If anything, I'd say that Awakening was the one with an incoherent and disjointed delivery, Fates when taken as a whole kinda covers all its bases.
>>
>>342463785
All Fire Emblems are basically the same quality

Sure, they're not exactly the same, but any comparison is just nitpicking
>>
>>342464824
Ehh, I'd say Fates can be pretty disjointed to. Especially seeing as you have major storyline elements regulated to DLC. And then there's some issues with Corrin's characterization.
>>342464958
>All Fire Emblems are basically the same quality
No, but you do you anon.
>>
>>342464958
There's definitely fore emblem games that are better than others

PoR is considered to be one of the better ones in the series for a reason.
>>
>Dating Sim or Dating Sim?

I've had slightly less interest in Waifu Emblem, but,

Dates > Afakening
>>
Is it really fair to count Birthright, Conquest, and Revelations as a single game? It's got too much content to compare to other FE games
>>
Why is revelations hated so much? Completed the other 2 paths and they seemed okay.

Avoid spoilers if possible but like, being spoiled isnt really a big deal to me so if its relevant spoilers thats cool
>>
>>342465496
Well memed
>>
>>342466069
The story is sort of spotty. If it was 10 chapters longer it'd be alright.

Aside from that, the game is fine. If you like the characters it'll be lots of fun for you, plus Revelations has a cool looking final boss.
>>
>>342466069
The story is ass-pully if you know what I mean, some stuff doesn't get delved into until the DLC, and some of the unit balance is terrible.
>>
File: 1461742557551.gif (42 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1461742557551.gif
42 KB, 128x128
>>342466069
Powered through conquest and birthright at launch and I'm currently idling around chapter 22 of revelations.

Personally I feel like there's too many gimmicky maps given to you like trying to defeat enemies that are somehow still alive in a town that's been blown up by an ice bomb or given no reason why you can't save before you fight an "ambush" of troops.

There's also the fact that Azura likes to tiptoe around a lot of subjects and doesn't like to fully explain herself. Which is why we get split stories. And even then, Conquest could've easily become revelations because you follow her to Dragonland, but still doesn't fully explain to you or your siblings afterwards.

TL;DR: Azura was a mistake. They shouldn't have focused so hard on her.
>>
>>342467679
>TL;DR: Azura was a mistake. They shouldn't have focused so hard on her.
I sort of agree.
>>
>>342468321
Azura is my cute mistake-wife!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.