[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are all western games with gay characters overtly pro-gay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 11276.jpg (786 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
11276.jpg
786 KB, 1920x1040
Why are all western games with gay characters overtly pro-gay in tone? Why can't they just have gay characters without any sense of judgement or approval from the game developers? Like, Garfield is a glutton. We all know that gluttony is a sin, and Garfield jokes about gluttony, but when you're watching or reading or playing Garfield stuff, we don't get the feeling the creators have a pro-gluttony agenda.
>>
>>342460130
Because that's the Western tradition of "I need to use my own movie/video game/comic as a soapbox platform to champion whatever's popular with the young crowd in terms of politics so I can pull in a bigger unwanted and unneeded crowd for no real reason other than absolute profit" which leads to a gay being a character instead of a character being gay knowwutimsayin'?
>>
Because in the West we tend to make the art more about the person making it and the presentation than the piece of art itself. All about drawing attention to yourself, good or bad.
>>
>>342460734
>>342460130
Game devs these days seriously think they're rockstars.
>>
>>342460130
>b-but the westerners!!
The gooks have been pushing the gay agenda for decades, it's their fault
>>
>>342460130
merchant agenda
>>
>>342461356
You don't have Japanese AAA developers crying out for attention because one of the characters in their game has a character flaw.
>>
>>342460130
/pol/ was right again
>>
>>342460130
I forgot there was a Garfield movie.
Fuck you.
>>
>>342460130
>Why are all western games with gay characters overtly pro-gay in tone? Why can't they just have gay characters without any sense of judgement or approval from the game developers?
Because that's mostly you projecting.

A few month ago, there was a bunch of thread about a game where a character actually do what you are asking; just casually mentionning being gay and people were rambling about "WHY DI DHE NEED TO MENTION IT? WHAT WAS THE POINT OF IT?"

Every time westerns do gay, people complain about it, no matter what?
>>
File: 20111001121738734_883_o.gif (54 KB, 600x265) Image search: [Google]
20111001121738734_883_o.gif
54 KB, 600x265
>>342460130
>but when you're watching or reading or playing Garfield stuff, we don't get the feeling the creators have a pro-gluttony agenda.
>>
The only reason to include fags in anything is to get points from SJW's. If you're gonna do it, then might as well go all out.
>>
>>342463371
>The only reason to include fags in anything is to get points from SJW's
Or maybe, just maybe, it's simply what the devs wanted to do.
>>
>>342460130
Because the people who shove the gay shit in aren't even gay themselves. They just do it to push a agenda and have other idiots call them as "progressive" or other bullshit so they can feel self righteous. Real gay gamers don't even like how they shoehorn gay shit where it doesn't have to be. These sjw just do it with everything from games to comics to movies and it's getting annoying as fuck.

These days, instead of having great story and characters... they shove the gay crap in and pat themselves on the back like they've created a masterpiece. It's as bad as when they shoved in memes instead of actual good writing. It's all horseshit.
>>
>>342463010
You really don't get the feel that's the creator os profat. In fact, Garfield's fatness is the butt of the jokes half the time.
>>
Because including gay characters is already an inclusive move, so odds are a developer that included gay characters is pro gay.

Now as a gay, it could be interesting if gay characters existed but there was a subtle taboo about it, instead of everyone being super accepting, and blind to someone being gay. New Vegas was the only game I could think of
>>
>>342460130

So gay people stop killing themselves.
>>
>>342460130
Lots of gay people in high up places, especially media.

You know what they say about the media controlling the narrative.
>>
>>342463001
But the character being gay is usually just "flavor" added on that changes nothing about the character

And usually the gay character doesn't do ANYTHING either positive or negative to effect the story
>>
>>342463001
So I guess the solution is to stop adding gays to games/films. If they're only 2% of the population they really don't need to be represented. How many characters are there with tourette's?

Unless this is true >>342464038
And it definitely is.
>>
>>342465465
>But the character being gay is usually just "flavor" added on that changes nothing about the character
And this is exactly what OP was asking for. And yet people complain about it.

There is just no way to win for western game. No matter how they feature their gay, people alway get butthurt about it.
>>
>>342465754
>So I guess the solution is to stop adding gays to games/films. If they're only 2% of the population they really don't need to be represented. How many characters are there with tourette's?
That make no fucking sense.
If a devs want to have a character wwith Tourette (that would be awesome, btw), so be it. if they want gay, so be it.

there is no obligation for the proportion of characters to follow global stats.

>So I guess the solution is to stop adding gays to games/films
How is that a solution? The solution is to let devs do their games as they wish to and not be buthurt about it.

what you propose is as stupid as people complaining when there is no black character.
>>
>>342460130
Why was Garfield animated when the Dog wasn't? Is Jim Davis a lazy talentless hack?
>>
>>342460130
Morrowind did it well. There's a quest where you're trying to convince some guy, I think his name was Crasius, to make you the Hortatar of his house and near the end of the discussion he abruptly asks for a kiss from you regardless of gender. If you join his house and ask him to sponsor you he asks you to undress as well. He isn't portrayed in a directly negative or positive light and you have the choice to comply with his requests. This kind of neutrality is what I think is needed if you have this kind of representation in a game.
>>
>>342460130
cause in their fake world people have accepted it and stop crying about it being brought up.
>>
because the sjw's have already won

gamergate lost before it even began
>>
>>342460130
So... Gay characters who we, as the player, are supposed to judge or hate for being gay?

I feel like God Hand had that.

God Hand also had giant floating bananas in boxes and punching mohawk-dudes through walls though, so maybe playing up gay villains for laughs doesn't mean as much.
>>
Being a fat cunt is bad, but I've seen nobody have a non-religious argument for why being gay is bad.

I can understand being annoyed that a character's gayness is not reflected by other characters in the right context, but just saying "all gays must be hated because I say so" is just idiotic /pol/ nonsense.
>>
>>342460130
Because you are wrong.

I played Mass Effect as.a straight white cishet human, though I romanced Jack so maybe that's a little gay.

But the only gay thing I remember is that cargo bay dude talking about his husband who died, which is presented as info about him. That's not really rah rah gay sex, man.
>>
Why do westerners always shoehorn white people in their games?

Nobody likes them and everyone knows they are evil, sinful creatures
>>
my lasaga
>>
>>342460130
I think this argument hinges on "gluttony and homosexuality are sins," which is a matter of opinion.

Please no religion shitposting.
>>
>>342469983
>sins
>opinions
??????????????????????
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.