[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For Honor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: faction-dawn-hero-main.png (224 KB, 645x739) Image search: [Google]
faction-dawn-hero-main.png
224 KB, 645x739
Masterclass video up
https://youtu.be/FZO4iyF51f0
Covers a lot of information, shows gameplay of the single player, tells a little background, has a q&a at the end. Quite a lot to watch but some folks had asked about it.
They currently have sign ups for the next testing phase with a sweepstakes for a "next gen" console and also a copy of the game so if you've never won anything in your life today could be your day.
>>
Good stuff, thanks senpai.
>>
Is there a character creator, or do you just play as a default design of whatever gender you choose?
>>
>>342460415
De nada, hombre.
>>342460501
Sort of both if the Alpha is a good representation.
You customize your helmet, shoulders, arms, body, etc. You couldn't adjust a loadout like I want x weapon with this ability, this ability, and this body. If that makes sense. Kind of a vague question but if you narrow it down I can taper my response.
>>
I'm just playing some quick matches but if anyone has questions I will answer to the best of my ability in this thread or the next.
>>
>>342460858
Is it like Diablo 3 where everyone is essentially playing the same characters, only their gear is different, or do you have control over things like hair colour, face shape etc.
Can I change what beard my viking has?
>>
>>342462191
You'll have a helmet on, they've confirmed gender and skin color changes which- don't quote me but I don't imagine there being black Vikings so I would assume it's hair color differences. Brown, red, blonde.
With the previously mentioned armor changes (you can unlock etchings in your armor, decals, the ability to tint your armor bronze or silver) I think people will look similar but you'll rarely run into the same looking people if that makes sense?
>>
>page 10
>>
>>342465317
I figured I wouldn't spam it.
>>
>>342458897
I only saw For Honor's e3 thing and I'm confused

If the main villain is "Apollyon" the GREEK name for the angel Abaddon... shouldn't the fourth army be like ancient Greece? Spartans n shit? Or since it's from the bible I'd say crusaders but they're already in the game.

The villain should've been a more ancient war diety like Nergal or Sekhmet, then the secret storymode only fourth army would be like ancient civilizations.
>>
>>342466481
I think you're reading into it a bit much.
From my understanding the decisions for the 3 factions are that they're all well known but vastly different from one another.
But time will tell. Odd that the black stone legion overlaps with the playable legion faction. Perhaps that says something about the motives/story.
>>
>>342461940

They say in the first 3 mins of video that they don't want people thinking they're making this to be historically accurate. Just did it for design. That being said, this game really looks fun. They should have shown more of that neat combat system at E3 cause the footage that was shown was lackluster. This however, looks good fun. hard even.
>>
>>342467150
The combat is absolutely intense. I can assure you. I'm not quite interested in the single player at all but I could enjoy it for a background story.
In the Alpha there was every flavor of combat one could hope for. Absolutely getting wrecked, absolutely wrecking people, and everything in between.
Do you get ganged up on? Yes. Do you do your fair share of ganging up? Of course. You also had extended one on one battles where you wound up fighting someone of equal skill and would take a minute - 2 minutes of playing your ass off to stay alive. I would say my favorite instance of this was running up on a teammate who was engaged in combat just as his opponent had a reinforcing ally show up. We 4 players squared up and fought, hit, shoved, switched targets, separated , encircled, and had an amazing experience within a game full of amazing experiences, but that was probably my personal favorite highlight.
>>
CAN I HAVE A SALLET FOR A HELMET?

THIS IS IMPORTANT
>>
File: for-honor-screencap_1280.0.0.jpg (135 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
for-honor-screencap_1280.0.0.jpg
135 KB, 1600x900
>>342466832
I didn't even read into it much, I was just expecting them to put in more thought than none at all.

Like if you're gonna have a cool villain fourth faction for the story, don't grab literally the FIRST entry on "list of cool names from mythology" with no thought and then attach that to a faction of fucking normal knights but in shitty looking sauron fantasy armor, that makes no sense. You know who else are well known and vastly different from the three factions we have?

SPARTANS

PERSIANS

EGYPTIANS

Any of them could've been the basis for the fourth faction. Just say that "Apollyon", the GREEK name for a CHRISTIAN angel conquered that faction in a previous age.

Look at this. This just screams "we gave up, we're fucking lazy asshole cunts and it's a friday and we don't want to work or even think anymore. Just make the villain a knight in spiky armor. You, grab that book out of there and tell me the first name that shows up. Apollyon? Whatever, fuck it. That's the name." It's just really disappointing going from the three seemingly researched and detailed historical factions and the last one just being lazy fantasy bullshit.
>>
>>342467793
Haven't seen one. I believe the influence for the Legion is German and French.
Might be in there though.
>>
those noobish direction indicators better be toggle-able...
>>
>>342468091
>destroyer
>influences the war to continue
>no thought
Seems kind of "fun fact" tier to me for people who look into what the name means.
>>
>>342468430
There's extra laziness there though. The original name is Abaddon and was said to be the king of locusts, and his original role was like a gatekeeper of hell and also punishes the sinners in revelations or some shit. Leans real heavy on the Christianity shit.

They really should've just used one of the million WAR GODS that exist in almost all religions, including ancient ones that predate all three of the factions.
>>
>>342467793
look at 3:05 on OP's video
>>
>>342468628
Can't please everyone I suppose.
Who would you suggest?
>>
File: gwar_dog.jpg (111 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
gwar_dog.jpg
111 KB, 950x534
>>342468091
dude... seriously... a fucking female Sauron... what more do you want?

the only thing that could make it better is her faction (and Apollyon) playable too
>>
>>342468929
I want a multiplayer mode like starfox 64's bogie hunt where 1 hero on each faction faces off against the black stone legion's minions and heroes for points in a time limit.
>>
>>342468813
I'll be damned.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10541913
>>
>>342468821
I would use someone from Mesopotamian mythology, one that doesn't have any direct ties to any of the three faction's beliefs but also one that has had a big influence on the ancient world. Maybe even Egyptian or Aztec mythology if you wanna get creative, Greek mythology if you don't. Something like Nergal, Shara, Ishtar, whatever. Hell, you don't have to make it anyone specific. It could be like a primal deity of war that takes influences from all ancient war Gods.

What would they and their forces look like? Not anything specific, but I just wanted them to look markedly different from all three existing factions. Don't just put spikes on European knight armor, that's so lazy. You could have the main villain be some whatever ancient war God and his or her forces would be the soldiers of conquered armies. So that's how you sneak like one persian guy, one egyptian warrior, one aztec, etc. The binding theme would be all the soldiers might look undead or have charred burning skin because they're like undead thralls to the ancient war God. Just... make them DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER THREE ARMIES

>>342468929
IT'S LITERALLY NORMAL MEDIEVAL KNIGHT ARMOR WITH SPIKES. THAT'S SO FUCKING LAZY. THEY DIDN'T EVEN GO FULL FANTASY.

Look at pic-related, that's what they should've done if they wanted to go full retard. But they didn't, they just got normal knight armor with some spiky shoulders and skull-like eye visor. It's a half-baked job with no visual impact. They could've contrasted this high fantasy bullshit with historical armies but they didn't take the design even half as far as they should've.

What the fuck would be the point of making her faction playable if they're literally just the European knight faction reskinned with slightly spiky armor? Fucking lazy.
>>
>>342471036
I like your primal war God idea. I feel like I'd they're going for this lightly based in some form of reality influenced fantasy world that they should abandon ties to actual reality (names in this case).

Going off what we have in the masterclass video for the single player side I'd mention that they state something about how she killed a guy for her armor when she was 8? Or was it that he was going to waste her village when she was 8 but then later on she killed him? Either way, she was 8. The opening cinematic has her narrating that this war has been going on for 100 (0?) Years. So, while I don't want you to think I'm putting words in your mouth I'd just like to mention that she is probably not the root of the cataclysm and is most likely a mortal which would make the name more of a nomme de guerre or self chosen handle which in either case , as you stated is a Greek name, greece for all purposes doesn't exist in this world and THAT is what's bad.
Am I on the same sheet of music now?
>>
>>342471804
Yeah that makes sense. If she's just a mortal that's been there for a long time tho, that's kinda dumb for a main villain. It also sounds like her faction will have the most uninteresting and/or stupid designs in that case.
>>
it looks like in multiplayer the samurai are pretty easily going to be top tier

in competitive games speed >>> anything else. Based on the footage, samurai are far faster than any of the other factions so they will likely dominate any competitive scene that exists for the game
>>
>>342473284
During the Alpha the advantage the samurai had was actually the poison feat they got as it was OP.
The speed for power trade-off means you have to connect more times to kill, every attempt to connect can be parried so you have more chances to be countered.
Just some food for thought. There are a lot of other variables that come into play as well but I'll also mention that kills are great but the control points are more of a focus. Staying alive longer is more of a focus. Earning points is more of a focus.
I did prefer them over the warden when I played but teams could be mix/matched with the factions and no composition really seemed to overpower the others outright, granted it was just the alpha.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.