[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will Nintendo fair with the NX?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x805) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x805
Do they have a long road ahead of them? What can they do to recapture consumer trust?

>Ubisoft says the NX will recapture the Wii audience
>Reggie has said they're not trying to compete with Sony and MS again
>>
>>342449252
>What can they do to recapture consumer trust?
Even mobile developers have problems capturing the mobile market.

You have to win the lottery with this particular audience to have your mobile game hot critical mass and get the exposure.

And Nintendo thinks they can win this Random market with a hardware.
>>
>>342449252
where is this pic from?
>>
I think the NX is fucked honestly. Wiiu level of sales or lower.

I imagine the successor to the 3ds will do well, assuming the rumor about NX being both mobile and traditional console isn't true.
>>
>>342450979
This E3.
>>
>>342451098
>I imagine the successor to the 3ds will do well, assuming the rumor about NX being both mobile and traditional console isn't true.
I've heard 3DS sales slowed in the last few years. I imagine it may be difficult to outsell the 3DS with how casuals and the younger generations moved onto iOS even more now.
>>
I think NX will do ok, quite a bit better than Wii U, maybe 30-40m units overall but it'll just be combining both the wii u and 3ds fanbases to get it
>>
>>342451506
That's actually realistic.

That roughly means halving the 3ds audience, and adding 10 million or so from the Wii U audience.
>>
>>342449252
What system is that that won best hardware?
>>
>>342451650
Easy, it was the only one that got unveiled.

Since nintendo chickened out and didn't dare to show the NX.
>>
>>342451772
So which one, I didn't watch that shit show.
>>
>>342451506
>30-40m units ... combining the wii u and 3ds fanbases to get it
That would not be good at all for Nintendo.
>>
>>342451506
>maybe 30-40m units overall but it'll just be combining both the wii u and 3ds fanbases to get it

The WiiU and 3DS have sold 70 million so far collectively so combining the fanbases to get half of that for one system would be retarded.
>>
>>342453273
Well, the 3ds lost two thirds of the ds audience.

It's only realistic to estimate the next generation lost at least half of the 3ds audience.
>>
I think anyone with half a brain knows it will flop

I'm already shorting them
>>
Guys, you'll all be regretting not getting it once smash comes out and everyone buys it :^)
>>
>>342453273
How many of those 3DS/Wii U owners buy games regularly or even play these systems though? Same may have moved on and won't buy an NX. I own both and I highly doubt I'll be buying an NX.
>>
File: 1385586095537.png (287 KB, 750x505) Image search: [Google]
1385586095537.png
287 KB, 750x505
>>342454136
We need a clean slate for the NX.
>>
I'm from the future:

they do fine. BOTW is amazing by the way.
>>
>>342451381
Dont they have a safety net prepared for that? Miitomo, some 3ds titles being available to android...
Who knows if it'll be a good idea in the long run, though.
>>
>>342454412
Is Miitomo even that successful anymore? It seems like it's dropped off a cliff. I don't hear much talk about it anymore.
>>
Not interested in it in the slightest. The Wii U barely had any games, and I'm still working on the few it does have since I got it last year. All this talk from them that "hardware and graphics don't matter" and their desperation to have a repeat of the Wii has completely turned me off. Nintendo hasn't even released anything but shovelware and weeb shit since Splatoon.
>>
File: john f kennedy.jpg (6 KB, 198x254) Image search: [Google]
john f kennedy.jpg
6 KB, 198x254
>>342449252
I can't realistically see the NX being anything but a failure.

>tries to compete with Sony and MS, fails because they're three years late to the party

or

>does a Wii U 2.0, aka gimmicky under powered console with no 3rd party support which is discontinued in three years

They'll probably always have their loyal base, but their days as a big player in the home console market are probably finished. Too much goodwill squandered.
>>
>>342454493
I think miitomo redpilled a lot of people and made them realise Nintendo games aren't worth their shit hype. Hence they dropped it.
>>
>>342454493
It was really just a novelty, which makes sense seeing as how Nintendo only understands novelty or rehashes
>>
>>342451883
Project Scorpio. Xbone's 4k model.
>>
>>342449252
>What can they do to recapture consumer trust?
If your hardware isn't on par, the only way is to make exclusives good enough to sell the console. Unfortunately Nintendo exclusives haven't been all that great, although I think Wii U games were a big step up from Wii games in general.
>>
>>342454636
Wrong. You have 1 last guess.
>>
>>342454636
Xbox S(lim)
>>
>>342454493
Miitomo has actually been a huge failure for them. It had a bunch of initial downloads, and then literally no one used it past the first couple days. Nobody spent any money on the in-app microtransactions so they've basically earned no revenue from it. Probably didn't cost them that much to make in the first place though.
>>
>>342454136
After how bare bones and disapoiting Sm4sh's single player was, I might just skip the next Smash since it'll probably have an even more basterdized classic mode and All-star will get cut because Sakurai wants to innovate by adding some garbage mode no one wants.
>>
>>342454683
Oh right, Xbone S. I guess Scorpio wasn't a "hardware unveil" technically.
>>
>>342454493
Last time I checked, a /miitomo/ anon was begging /nintyg/ to absorb their dying /soc/ gen.
>>
>>342449252
Nothing, since the N64, Nintendo was alone to make game for their console, the Wii was an exception. Now, we're back at Nintendo alone making game for their consoles like they did with the Wii U, and soon for the NX.
>>
>>342454783
If that's true, I'm not surprised. I don't see how anyone could use it daily. There was nothing to do and Miitomo Drop was made unfair on purpose to ensure people would keep paying for micro transactions.
>>
>>342454523
>All this talk from them that "hardware and graphics don't matter" and their desperation to have a repeat of the Wii
You would be desperate for a repeat of the Wii too if this platform was your only successful console within the last 16 years.
>>
>>342454795
I get you, anon. Just imagine if we had characters like Cloud in an SSE sequel? Not to mention that online is sometimes unplayable depending on what country your opponent is from.
>>
>>342454879
Yeah, last time I went to the /vg/ catalog, it only had a like 7 replies.

>>342455030
It's sad because it's true. Home console sales wise, except for the Wii, Nintendo has been going down.
>>
>>342455030
It's unfortunate because Nintendo's absolute best consoles in my eyes are the N64 and the Gamecube, both of which were essentially failures in comparison as well. The Wii may have made them money, but the only good game even on it was Boom Blox and that was an EA game.
>>
>>342450810
Nintendo can win on its Name alone if it ever entered with a fully mobile machine Gaming/Phone Hybrid.

This you CANNOT dispute.

But that isnt the what they're doing this time so I dont know what the fuck is happening.
>>
File: 1464733853059.png (388 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
1464733853059.png
388 KB, 400x392
>>342449252
Considering we still don't know diddly-squat about the NX, it's hard to say.
>>
>>342449252
>Reggie's face
HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND
>>
>>342455573
I'VE COME TO TALK TO YOU AGAIN!
>>
>>342455501
They can only abuse their name so many times before people give up and ignore them.

Miitomo was a first try and left a lot of people with a negative opinion of Nintendo.
>>
>>342455420
Ever since the N64 there has always been some sort of gimmick holding Nintendo's consoles back.

Thing is I don't think they would perform even without these gimmicks. The market has moved past them and they don't even realize it. All their commercials and advertising are pandering to children, but children don't want Mario, they want CoD/Minecraft.
>>
>>342455501
Fuck me! Would BUy!!!!!!
Design alone for a phone is beyond awesome.
>>
I don't know. But they seem to be repeating the same mistake Sony did when delaying the launch of the original PS3.

It also makes me wonder why they stated that they aren't competing with the other console manufacturers.

However, who knows. What the NX actually is still remains to be seen.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.