[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone have one? I use an old wired 360 controller but it is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 01_controller.jpg (18 KB, 325x300) Image search: [Google]
01_controller.jpg
18 KB, 325x300
anyone have one? I use an old wired 360 controller but it is getting crusty
>>
>>342447739
what do you mean 'crusty'
>>
It's Okay. I might be using it wrong but the d-pad isn't touch sensitive, but the right one is, and it's akward to use.

I got mine for $40 and I'm glad. That's how much it's worth.
>>
>>342447865
its full of skin and hair
>>
>>342448096
get a fucking screwdriver and open it up and clean it...
>>
>>342447739
I got mine a month ago and I love it. I can say it takes getting used to who ever you are, and its not for everyone. I love using it for my desktop, but its not good for competitive fpses without a lot of practice and reconfiguration.
>>
>>342447970
The left trackpad can be configured to activate on touch.
>>
i paid $50 for one when it released, I don't hate it, but the xbox one controller is better and every way basically
>>
>>342447739
DO NOT try to replace a 360 controller with the steam controller or you will be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I love mine, it's a genuinely exciting piece of tech that gives you immense control over how you want to play your games.

But it's a niche device and does not necessarily work well for all games, especially not those that are specifically designed for the 360 controller. You can play them, but there's a good chance you won't prefer it.

This thing is designed to let you play point&click, strategy and space-sim games. And it doubles as a *fantastic* HTPC remote.

It's a very good controller, but I will always suggest to keep a regular controller nearby for those games that simply work better with it
>>
>>342449990
How about fighting games? I own a stick, but i dont want to buy another one just so other people can play. Would the Steam Controller be good or should I just get a xbox one controller?
>>
>>342450528
It doesn't have a d-pad or a six button configuration. So no.
>>
Honestly, I don't really like it. It has pretty limited uses. It's awful with FPS games. I really hate it for just about everything but Dark Souls
>>
>>342447739
It's a lifesaver for mount and blade, morrowind, oblivion, and any other game that doesn't have controller support.

I've prob got over 400 hours of using mine so far and I love it. The grips on the back literally unlock all sorts of new customization. For instance, I can make a grip button a modifier so that while I hold it other buttons do different functions. Let's you add in so many more buttons than you previously had. I've completely replaced my 360 controller with it.

Make sure you really think you'll use it because people either love it or hate it. If you play mount and blade, morrowind, oblivion, gmod, civ, or any other game that can't use a controller you may want to get one.
>>
>>342447739
I have it. It is a decent choice if you want to control a media PC. Replace a 360 controller with an Xbox one controller instead.
>>
>>342450528
It's the one genre I absolutely can not play on this.
Thank god I have a stick for that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.