[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss why Dawn of War 3 is complete shit? And no damage control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: 1464586324759.jpg (60 KB, 673x696) Image search: [Google]
1464586324759.jpg
60 KB, 673x696
Discuss why Dawn of War 3 is complete shit? And no damage control faggots 'Early-alpha' is no longer a valid excuse.
>>
I don't understand why people are whinning. Explain to me point by point what is wrong with what we know about the game already.
>>
>>342447757
Link : https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D5BIZwj2VRDo&ved=0ahUKEwjhtoG1ur3NAhWEWD4KHdeYDhkQtwIIHzAB&usg=AFQjCNGcZySuKrO-sNpH4yQw7xosfBFOQA&sig2=Y4YzkTFLXpMkOvdV4VPEUA
Basically they remove the entire framework that made Dawn of War 1 and 2 great and replace it with Moba looking trash. Nobody asked for a fucking Dtarcraft clone.
>>
>>342447979
Are you trying to be a funny guy, Timmy
>>
>>342447757
I could explain, but if you can't tell, what's the point? You won't get what I'm saying anyway.
>>
>>342447979
>Basically they remove the entire framework that made Dawn of War 1 and 2 great
Elaborate
>Link : https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D5BIZwj2VRDo&ved=0ahUKEwjhtoG1ur3NAhWEWD4KHdeYDhkQtwIIHzAB&usg=AFQjCNGcZySuKrO-sNpH4yQw7xosfBFOQA&sig2=Y4YzkTFLXpMkOvdV4VPEUA
This is a fucking gameplay video of DoW 2, what is your point ?
>>
Graphic will stay the way they are, deal with it.
We have yet to see the rest of the game so it's best to reserve our judgement until more is revealed.
>>
>>342448515
>I could explain, but if you can't tell, what's the point? You won't get what I'm saying anyway.

Then shut the fuck up if you are not going to say anything don't act like you know everything.
>>
>>342448793
The entire base gameplay involves DOGSHIT starcraft 2 moba trash. The artstyle itself sucks because Warhammer is a universe of gritty grimdark not bright rainbow trash. It's disgusting that Rare thinks they can get away with this.
>>
>>342449152
I don't have any bait images, but here's a (you).
>>
>>342449152
OP, you're displaying poor performance indeed
>>
>>342448515
>I could provide evidence for my claims but I'm worried you'll realize how utterly lacking it is

So you have nothing then.
>>
>>342448978
Alright, fuckboy.

1. "We want to make this the most accessible DoW yet"
2. "We don't want to make it gritty like DoW 2, we want it to be more colourful like the tabletop"
3. "We have created a DoTA inspired hero system"
4. "The CoH2 cover system would be too hectic for DoW3 so we've changed it to small areas like DoW1... but they have HP and can be destroyed"
5. Colourful and cartoony graphics; to work on tablets
6. Terminator Armoured units can jump 15ft in the air
7. Lascannons "do more damage the longer they target an enemy with it's beam" - They have NEVER worked like that, ever. They didn't in DoW1 + Expansions, or DoW2 + Expansions, or Space Marine OR Warhammer: Armageddon, or Final Liberation or Chaos Gate OR the tabletop, but here we are!
8. "DoW3 will be an introduction to the setting for new people" - Oh, neat. Just want fans wanted!
9. 3 factions at the start (DoW1 had 4)
10. Campaign which flicks between the 3 factions, building up to their end game units, instead of being different campaigns like DoW1: Dark Crusade/SoulStorm
11. Mixing of units together, despite, once again, that going against 40k canon and fluff.
12. Knight Titan pilot ordering around a Chapter Master. Again, completely disregarding fluff.
13. Orbital Strikes "do more damage the longer they target an area and the more kills they get", again, disregarding the fluff and canon. They don't and have NEVER worked like that. How the fuck does that even work ANYWAY?

>>342448793
What 'rest of the game'? We've seen in game combat and it looks like shit. The fact it's just gone "lol fuck the source material!" followed by "this is an introduction to 40k for new players" just defeats the fucking point.
>>
>>342449152
>The entire base gameplay involves DOGSHIT starcraft 2 moba trash.
Proofs ?

>The artstyle itself sucks because Warhammer is a universe of gritty grimdark not bright rainbow trash. It's disgusting that Rare thinks they can get away with this.
I have no opinion on this subject since i have alway found warhammer 40k to be gritty and colorful at the same time but screamming that the game will be shit because of that seems a little unreasonable.
>>
File: 1375491897039.jpg (390 KB, 758x456) Image search: [Google]
1375491897039.jpg
390 KB, 758x456
>>342449152

>gritty grimdark

Uh huh

Also none of you cucks haven't even played it. The only problem with it is that the textures look like shit, the camera is zoomed out too far, the animations look too floaty and the entire gameplay is basically blob vs blob which is all you retards wanted in the first place
>>
>>342449483
See >>342449674 you cuntbucket. Here is your (You). The fact you're blind and unable to discern this for yourself makes me think you're mentally challenged. But that is the way people get (You)'s on 4chan. So here it is, now fuck off.
>>
File: dawn of war 2.jpg (130 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war 2.jpg
130 KB, 1200x750
How did we go from this.....
>>
File: grim dark.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2028) Image search: [Google]
grim dark.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2028
>>342450059
to THIS?*

*in 9 years of supposed technological advancement
>>
>>342449782
>>342449674

Nice samefag

Also have of that list is autistic bullshit. The only solid arguments you have against the game is

>mixing of units
>garbage terrain textures
>animations that don't make sense like the terminator leaping in the air

That's basically it. You fucks kept whining about the DoW2 cover system and game style, yet now that they're going to DoW1 style of gameplay you bitch and moan even though it's what everyone kept asking for.

Yeah 3 factions is shitty but what the fuck did you expect? It's been like that since forever. If by now you don't expect the rest of the factions to come out as expansions then you're fucking retarded and have no one but yourself to blame for that. Also implying that Relic won't pull the usual bullshit of "greater ebil behind the scenes" and throw in chaos or some other evil faction

Also fucking lmao at that shit about the campaigns. Are you seriously using DC and SS as strong points?
>>
>>342450201
>Can't refute it, better just call it autistic!
>>
>>342450163
Less graphic detail to support more models on screen.
You wanted massive scale armies, right? This is what needs to happen for you to have it.
>>
>>342450239

>I actually have no arguments outside of stupid nitpicking

here's your (You)
>>
>>342450059
>>342450163
Oh jeez man it's like they're different landscapes or something
>>
>>342449674
>3. "We have created a DoTA inspired hero system"
oh my fuck
we've come full fucking circle
>>
>>342450201
Of course it was a samefag you fucking retard, I replied to you instead of typing it out again. Holy fuck man.

I never moaned about DoW2 cover system. Maybe you have me confused with somebody else? I never moaned about DoW2 game either, in fact, I've played more DoW2 than I have of DoW1. Maybe, again, your headmates are confusing you?

And no, it hasn't been like that forever. DoW1 was Space Marines, Eldar, Chaos Space Marines and Orks. Winter Assault added Imperial Guard and expanded Chaos Space Marines roster (Khorne Berserkers for example).

>>342450390
Yet somehow, Total War can pull off both good graphics and thousands upon thousands on screen, but DoW can't?

>>342450439
Wasn't me, fucknut.
>>
>>342450439
>I'm willing to take a cock down my throat AND my ass, complaining it's covered in dried cum and smegma is 'nitpicking'

Wow.
>>
>>342450390
This is bullshit. DoW is PC exclusive and anyone who actually cares about games will have a decent pc that can run shit easily. For the faggots that dont have a decent enough system but still want to play, turn the fucking settings down.

DoW3 will be moba bait shit. The complete change in visuals and their reason for it "easier to see whats going on" contradicts itself with all the massive flashy effects going on. Just look at the gameplay trailer its hard to tell what the fuck is happening.
>>
>>342450935
>Yet somehow, Total War can pull off both good graphics and thousands upon thousands on screen, but DoW can't?
Different games, different play styles, different developers, different fucking universes.
>>
>>342450201
>Nice samefag

Nice shitpost. What was he suppose to do? I'm astounded that you've started a post with that. Have my (You), that's top work, I'm going to use it from now on. Autistically shout 'samefag' even when that's the whole point, get me some easy (You)'s.
>>
>>342449674
>9. 3 factions at the start (DoW1 had 4)
This is pretty shit. I guess it's understandable since there are so many in the TT that it'd be impossible to fit them all in, but it's still shit. Too bad.
>>
>>342451173
The only thing you listed that matters is developers, and all that means is that DoW's developers are less competent.
>>
File: 1466395408029.png (293 KB, 907x720) Image search: [Google]
1466395408029.png
293 KB, 907x720
I dont have an issue with the art style because I'm not an autistic sperg and can still enjoy a non-grimdark looking 40k game, but all this talk of making it accessible, having these armies which level up, and dota heroes is starting to shake even my faith in the emperor

It's gonna be shit, isn't it?
>>
>>342451173
But that isn't what you said. You said that you have to lower the graphical detail due to more units on screen, I countered saying that is factually, objectively, empirically, incorrect. Yet you argue that it's a different game somehow defends DoW? Yes, it is a different game, but the fact is, genius, that it's possible to do both. There is no NEED to reduce graphics unless it's;

1. For consoles as well
2. It's for tablets

Different developers, correct, but owned by SEGA. Creative Assembly and Relic are both owned by SEGA.

Different universes? Really? You've gone with that? How does that defeat my point that you can have both LOTS OF UNITS AND HAVE GOOD GRAPHICS?

Jesus fuck...
>>
>>342449674

1 > Well if it's done correctly, why is it bad ?

2. So .... Sticking to the origin material ?

3. Sure, DoW1&2 didn't have heroes .. wait, they did ? I don't see the problem again if it's done correctly.

5. Ah my gad, it's not gritty grim darky dark like i want, Ah my gad, they will sell it on tablets what a bunch of jew ...

6. Yeah it's stupid, but then was the force commender doing finishing moves on Bloodthirster in DoW1. Stupid but cool (note that i don't find the terminor jumping being cooll but whatever just prooving a point).

8. Again, why is it bad ?

9. we agree on this point but i still hope for the croncron.

10. Why is it bad ?

4.11.12.13 >>> We don't know how it's going to affect the gameplay yet, maybe it's going to work or going to be totally shit.

Anyway, IF you want the game to stay REALLY TRUE TO THE FLUFF, Then you should just GO PLAY the tabletop game.
Don't missunderstand me, i fell you about the fluff stuff but the dev might want to do compromises to deliver maybe a better experience even if it mean disregarding some fluff.
>>
>>342451223
>there are so many in the TT that it'd be impossible to fit them all in

Then why the fuck do they start with the same ones, every, single, time?

How is it possible that they STILL don't see what they did wrong with the last games?
>>
>>342451350
I could accept the blatant fluff changes, the MOBA style gameplay and so on, if it looked amazing. At least I could just go "it's not the best game, but it looks neat and lets me zoom in and look at units fighting" but it's both. It looks like total fucking ass AND it has shit gameplay (assuming the dev's aren't lying) AND disregards fluff. On top of "making it the most accessible DoW ever"; fuck off.

It's going to be shit.
>>
>>342451350
Yes it is. Avoid DoW 3 like the plague. Moba inspired shit is cancer but making DoW 3 NOTHING like the previous two is bad.
>>
>>342451252
Not him, but:

Total War armies don't have individually functioning units, just matchup animations to display fighting. Where as DoW entities are all independent, function by individual AI, and have many more mechanics.

Imagine it as the difference between Black and White 2 armies as opposed to Starcraft troops, if it helps.
>>
>>342451634
Wouldn't the extra AI put more load on the CPU than the GPU though?
Wouldn't that also be the case even with simpler graphics as shown in DoW3?
>>
>>342449674
Dont forget to add 'no sync-kills' to that list
>>
>>342451445
They start with the most popular armies first. That is what you should have been expecting because its a smart god damn decision.

The most popular is Space Marine, Ork, Chaos, and Eldar. To make it better, the Orks, SM, and Eldar are all very different armies. Of course they will be starting with those.

The fact that we are getting 3 instead of 4 is shitty yes. The fact the first 3 are Orks, Eldar, and SM should have been assumed and its a good decision. Though I would have prefered 4-5.

The problem with the last game was that you removed bases and the armies were too small. Not that is started with SM, Eldar, and Orks.

I am disappointed Chaos and Imperial Guard wont be in it though. Hopefully they will both be added in the first expansion
>>
>>342449674

Pretty fucking ironic considering that Ultimate Apocalypse, the single most popular mod for DoW1, does exactly this. It trivializes the entire fucking game just so mouthbreathers can orgasm over "muh epic battles" where it's just blob vs blob

Yet when it's turned into an actual feature it's wrong? Not defending the gameplay here because I loved the DoW2 gameplay which most of you fucking retarded spergs bitch about, but it's pretty fucking hypocritical when people defend garbage like UA and bitch about the new game
>>
>>342451092
>DoW fans simply want mice DoW gameplay with large scale armies, base building and touched up DoW 2 graphics
>Instead DoW 3 does the COMPLETE opposite by making piss poor starcraft 2 gameplay, acrobatic terminators and chapter masters, Moba hero inspired trash, and gross plastic cartoony graphics and textures
What the fuck happened over Rare?
>>
>>342447246
Dawn of War?

More like Dawn of JUST
>>
>>342451943
Problem is, this is no ''start'' my friend. They STARTED at DoW1 and it was smart to start with those 3 races. But when the game is called DoW3, you would expect the people that will buy it to have started earlier, not at the fucking 3rd one!
>>
>>342451431
1. But it isn't doing it 'correctly'. They've already explained what they're doing. DoW wasn't fucking inaccessible ANYWAY. It had 2 (TWO) resources. If that blows peoples minds, then Age of Empires or Empire Earth would melt their brains.

2. No. I can paint my tabletop minis whatever I want, but the 'original material' has never been like that. It was specifically dark, hell, it started the term grimdark. Look that up. Therefore, no.

3. But that's the point. If, IF, it's done correctly, and the footage and talk we've heard so far goes 'no'.

5. That isn't an argument. You started off so well.

6. Those are finishing moves, which they removed most of from DoW2 as well. There is a difference of jumping up to grab onto a Bloodthirster and jumping 15ft in the air to slam shit down. If he had a jumppack, all is well, but he doesn't.

8. Because it's going to assume you have NO idea about the setting, when people who aren't into 40k are unlikely to buy the game ANYWAY. Even if they do, that leaves the people who actually bought the originals in the shit can. It's essentially going "You fans? Yeah, you suck, fuck off. We gotta cater to Chad McChaddington who needs to be spoonfed why X and why is happening"

10. Because it links back into the explaining the setting. It breaks up gameplay and forces you into doing something you might not want to do. I might not like Orks and never want to play them, well FUCK YOU, you have to because the campaign won't let you go back to the Space Marines or Eldar until you complete it.

As for the ones you missed, that's not the point. It's the fact they've gone "oh, this is how things work in the setting.. huh... neat. I don't like that. So let's change it to something I do like!". The voice over for the Total War: Warhammer trailer was an amazing old man. In the intro, the same trailer plays out, but this time it's replaced my a woman. Why? Why was that done? I can accept a woman being a KT, but she ordered Gabe around.
>>
>>342451634
To expand upon what this anon means, in Total War, the game is able to handle so many troops because they function as an IAI, or integrated AI; meaning that an army functions as the same entity. When battles happen, a "fight" animation is applied to each troop and resources devoted to its display; an AI is not controlling each troops, just adding animations to the army.
Similar to Mount and Blade is how Dawn of War functions. Every individual troop is a standalone AI, so they are incredibly more resource intensive, especially given what every troop is capable of. This is kind of a mistake in how RTSs are built, because AI is individually applied even though many of the units function as a group. It's programed like this because RTSs are unique in that you can attach and control special individual units, so the "individuality" design was applied to every troop for homogeneity's sake even though performance suffers as a consequence.
Hope this clears stuff up for some people.
>>
>>342452051

>large scale battles

This is the first place where everything went to shit. Retards kept asking for something that didn't fucking fit the lore or the RTS and we ended up with this crap of giant armies of indistinguishable units

Also don't come to me with that bullshit about Moba heroes. Heroes have always been central to the series, if now you are whining about them then I suggest you go back to playing fucking DC and SS where one of the good heroes could basically carry the entire campaign

DoW2 gameplay was perfect the way it was. They just needed to scale factions properly, having more orks and IG. But no, you fucking faggots kept bitching for "muh large epic battles" and this is what we ended up with. Nice fucking job, everyone bitched so hard about DoW2 that they scrapped all of it
>>
>>342451980
What makes you think the few people in this thread are the same as those who jerk off over UA?
>>
>>342451980
But I liked DoW2. I also never played UA. UA was just a cluster fuck for me and just irritated me.

>>342452051
>Rare

STOP SAYING THIS. IT'S RELIC YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
>>
>>342452174
Anon its about money. They will release expansions or factions down the line that you have to pay for. Its always been this way, but now they realize they can put less factions in base game, to increase hype for factions released later.
>>
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pre-alpha_version
>>
>>342452338
>large scale battles
>not fitting the lore
You read the 40k Wikipedia page and stopped there I'm guessing.

Agreed that heroes are integral though.
>>
>>342452338
To me it looks like they did combine DoW1+2, but combined shit that makes no sense.

Watch the gameplay. Space Marines are 'produced' underground. They don't land like they did in DoW1. They come from an elevator shaft. That has never been how it worked. DoW2 had the right amount of Space Marines for the fluff. But people did moan, OK, got that, but they just had to make it so each faction fitted shit. Double Ork numbers, for example. But now they've just thrown out the window everything. DoW1 and DoW2 followed the fluff. Now everything is just done to make it 'epic!!!!!' rather than fitting the fucking setting.
>>
>>342452437
>>342451980
UA is great for turtling which is why I love it.

Also can we fucking stop with this hurr DoW2 gameplay is better than DoW1 and vice versa? It was minimal at best before the reveal but now it's just constant shitflinging. They both have their merits and I don't care which one you prefer, I just came to talk about DoW3.
>>
>>342452174
You got it all wrong.

Its a new game, a new engine, a new style of battle. That means they are building this game from the ground which means balance from the ground up. They cant just carry over the SMs whole scale over from DoW 1 and say its good. They are starting from scratch.

This means they are working on 3 races at the start. Like DoW 1 and Like DoW 2 they are staring from scratch each time. Thats why the expansions always add a faction or 2. They only have one year but sense the ground work is already done they only have to balance 1 or 2 brand new factions.

If you thought this game would have started with 5 or more races at the start you are a fucking insane.

And yes sometimes people do start with the later games. Especially with RTS games that dont carry the story decisions over.

I know a few friends who started with DoW2 and I know 2 friends who are interested in DoW3 without playing the others (they just got into 40k recently)

But again that doesnt matter because the important thing is that the game is starting from step 1 which means balancing these new races from step 1 which means they cant give themselves too many races at the start
>>
Why do Space Marines need bases anyway?

Don't they just Drop Pad everything from space?

It would make sense for Orks and perhaps Eldar since they build and hide shit everywhere.
>>
File: SPEHHSMAHREENS.jpg (187 KB, 750x539) Image search: [Google]
SPEHHSMAHREENS.jpg
187 KB, 750x539
>>342452254
>2. No. I can paint my tabletop minis whatever I want, but the 'original material' has never been like that. It was specifically dark, hell, it started the term grimdark. Look that up. Therefore, no.

I bet you're that retard who always posts that pic that talks about how warp travel is in WH40k

WH40k has taken on a multitude of tones and styles throughout the year. Just because you're an edgy teenager who thinks WH40k is ONLY hurr durr le grimdark doesn't make it so
>>
>>342452581
I think it has everything to do with SEGA. They jew'd out with Total Warhammer, they will jew out with this one. How much will you wanna bet that there will be a reveal trailer for ''Imperial Guard Pre-Order DLC''. Fucking assholes.
>>
>>342452636

No you mongoloid. Fuck off to your total war generals

It has always been absolutely retarded for the Space Marines to have armies the size of Tyranid swarms or Ork WAAAAGHs. Same for the Eldar, when's the last time the eldar actually brought out large armies to battle? When's the last time you saw a Craftworld's worth of a population in a random skirmish?

You can bitch all you want, but certain factions being reduced in scale should've been kept the way it was.
>>
>>342452896
Because balance. That's why.
>>
>>342452884
I think I was misunderstood, I am not the Anon that cried because he wanted more factions. Didn't want the game to start with 5 races. I wanted it to start with other factions. Lets say, dump the eldar for the dark eldar? Still eldar, still popular because of the eldar name but another faction. Space marine they will never swap, so let's say swap the Orks with Necrons, or hell, Tau.
>>
>>342453424
Oh in that case yes I miss understood. My apologies

I still thinking starting with SM, Eldar, Ork is the best call but I dont necessarily think that had they picked your plan it would be wrong.

Maybe SM, Tyranids (so you have your swarm) and Tau or Necrons work sense you could portray them as specialized heavy technology but limited numbers while the SMs are the middle road.
>>
File: Kruellagh the Vile.jpg (23 KB, 256x350) Image search: [Google]
Kruellagh the Vile.jpg
23 KB, 256x350
>>342452903
Correct? I could go take pictures of my 2nd edition stuff, but what's the fucking point?

The fact is, 40k has changed. It is no longer supposed to be a parody.

When was the last time you met a character called/similar to Inquisitor Obi-wan Sherlock Clousseau?

40k USED to be different. It has changed. So going back to a setting tone that 90% of people won't remember is fucking stupid.

When was the last time you saw a model like this, with specific rules about "sucking life essence out of men"? Come the fuck on anon. It's changed.

Let me guess, you think that Sisters of Battle are anti-Marines? What, you don't? WELL THEY WERE IN ROGUE TRADER SO FUCK YOU THEY SHOULD BE NOW DESPITE THAT BEING CHANGED DECADES AGO.

Or what about Sisters of Silence and their nipple spikes?

Should I go on?
>>
>>342452974
It'll be Chaos if anything. Just like DoW1, anon. But they have specifically said 3 factions, 3 campaigns. They haven't said anything else.

Long time people have suspected Chaos due to claiming the crater they're falling into is the Skull Throne.
>>
>>342453672
>Should I go on?
Yes please.
>>
>>342452636
>>342453125
Exactly, scale depends on the army in question. Space Marines and Eldar are far diminished in numbers compared to Orkz, Tyranids, and the IG but make up for it with sheer skill and stealth/manipulative tactics respectively. Tau and Chaos fall somewhere inbetween on the scale spectrum.

This time round they're treating Space Marines with even more indifference regarding lore. SM don't usually base build but it's not out of the question, however they're usually only landing zones as most. Meaning they don't fucking sleep underground. The fact that Orbital Strikes and Lascannons are completely out of whack, and a pilot is telling a CHAPTER MASTER what to do really makes me doubt this game.
>>
>>342453662
Warms my heart when I see people try to see reason. Your idea would actually be really awesome come to think of it. I'm just tired of the same old, same old you know? Even Space marine, the one game where they could go nuts with ideas, and they STILL chose the 3 factions that you see in every game.
>>
File: DOW2.jpg (271 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
DOW2.jpg
271 KB, 1024x576
>>342447246
it just looks so bad, DOW 2 looked better 7 years ago they are removing the cover system going totally backwards, units seem to have no weight to there fire, space marine bolters are fucking automatic rocket launchers, the voice acting sounds like shit and the art style is shit
>>
>>342453764
Well i wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and not go with the same faction they used for the last game, but yes, it does make more sense for it to be Chaos. SEGA really dissapoints me with the shit they are pulling, but that's life.
>>
>>342453662
I was hoping for a SM, Tyranid, Tau start despite my undying love for Orkz. Could have made for an interesting campaign and an intro to newer factions while still keeping the Space Marines (best faction) at the helm.
>>
Seriously? You are bitching about how it's not true to the TT and fluff? The series has had Khornate sorcerers and fuckhueg Eldar armies since the beginning, as well a basebuilding which doesn't make sense for half of the factions.
>>
>>342453945
What would you like me to specifically say?

40k was done in a period of time when shit was different. 40k got popular because it wasn't afraid to go grimderp. People latched onto it. Kids did because edgy, adults did because cynicism.

Lots of shit has changed. Let me guess, you want Orks to go back to having babies and females? I mean, they USED to, they don't any more! OMFG REEEEE IT USED TO BE DIFFERENT AND NOW IT'S CHANGED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Or how about daemons being called demons? They used to be.

Or how about SoB being unable to love somebody, let alone fuck? That got changed as well.

The game has changed. It used to be for making fun of the EU and politicans and transplanting historical shit into space. Well, guess what, that doesn't happen any more.

Praetorian Guard? LOL! Fuck them! They used to exist, so I DEMAND they exist in DoW3. I mean, if it used to be a thing, it will always be a thing! Just like it used to be colourful and fun and happy (it never was, using box art is fucking STUPID as evidence, but whatever).

It was never like that, it just had stupid references in it for shits and giggles. Until all the old guard fucked off because of one reason or another.
>>
>>342453976
Ya I get what you are saying. Im personally not a fan of Eldar and Im an Imperial Guard player so for me I would love the game to be IG, Orks, Chaos, Tyranids with the first expansion being SMs.

But I had long prepared myself for the SM, Eldar, Orks because thats a business decision.

>>342453950
You know it could be a simple thing of the pilot isnt giving orders but giving a heads of "hey this is a good idea to do and I know this because Im literally looking at a map of the battlefield that you cant see because you are too busy beating Eldar in the face with a hammer.

Its something military commander have done all the time, their subordinates offer suggests because they have a view point the commander does not.
>>
>>342452636
space marine chapters only have like 1000 battle brothers, thats including reserves, losing a dread nought is a big fucking deal as they are heros of the chapter, DOW 2 fit the fluff of both the table top and books as the IG played more like a gaunts ghosts type guys.
>>
I unironically refuse to play because of the lack of faction. This stems from a franchise with almost a dozen specific factions, each with subfactions within, and this before we get to the innumerable armies and units within these factions. Limiting this to three, and making them all standardized, is really, really disinteresting. No IG, no Chaos, no Dark Eldar, no Inquisition, no SoB, no Nids, no Necron, and no Tau. That's a fuckload of missing content in a WH40K game, and most players, even if they love Spess Mehrens, aren't going to be impressed by this lineup.
>>
File: 1375593894017.jpg (93 KB, 499x949) Image search: [Google]
1375593894017.jpg
93 KB, 499x949
>>342453672

>WH40k should only ever be gritty and grimdark for mature gamers such as myself

Besides that's the fucking point, you're complaining about WH40k being colorful when even in this "edgy" phase it's still the most fucking colorful sci fi setting in existence. What the fuck are you doing complaining about bright colors when shit like the Emperor's Children exist?

How about those new wolfen?

What about, oh I don't know, the entirety of the fucking Tau? What about all the silly ass escapades of commissars like pic related?
>>
>>342454516

This. That one sperg that was bitching about "reee a knight giving orders to chapter master omg!" forgot that the entirety of the DoW1 campaign was based around a completely impossibly retarded idea, which was a sorcerer gaining the favor of Khorne.

Nevermind the fact that the expansions had the Word Bearers as Chaos United, and yet still basically they were painted as mostly being Khorne followers with shit like khornate berserkers and bloodthirsters
>>
>>342454618
Yeah you're right, I mean Angelos isn't an asshole so he'd likely listen to advice. However he IS a Chapter Master and they're the cream of the crop with some of the highest military clearance in the Imperium. You'd think the pilot would think to show a little more respect.

Honestly I'm just really irritated with what they've shown so far with regards to gameplay I may be overreacting. Lascannons are single charged shots not continuous beams and you should not be able to jump in terminator armor. I just want some consistence regarding the lore because if it really is an 'intro to the series' then they should get this stuff right.
>>
>>342449674
>dota inspired hero system
OH MY FUCK THIS IS ACTUALLY BEING SAID

IT'S TRUE, I DIDNT WANT TO BELIEVE IT BUT MOBAS KILLED AND ENVELOPED THE RTS GENRE
>>
i look forward to this exciting facebook game
>>
File: visions of heresy.jpg (334 KB, 773x900) Image search: [Google]
visions of heresy.jpg
334 KB, 773x900
>>342454790
You misunderstand. Colourful =! Bright Colours.

You can do bright colours and keep the tone 'dark'. As for your example, I'll use it too.

See. This isn't bright and colourful and shiny. It's dark toned, but has colour in the literal sense.

Furthermore, go watch the gameplay trailer again, the Bolters glow multicoloured light in some scenes. Bolters don't do that, anon.
>>
>>342454213
>space marine bolters are fucking automatic rocket launchers
Well that is what they are tbqh. Was never a fan of DoW portraying them as oversized machine guns.
>>
>>342449674
Damn, that's a lot of red flag phrases.
>>
I like how no one here realizes that grimdark can be achived with a simple shader that will probably be provided at some point
>>
>>342455149
Oh dont get me wrong. There is a lot I dont like (graphics, lascanons, jumping terminators)

However I simply find it to early for me to say its doomed. Maybe with community feedback they will change things. Maybe they wont, who knows.

If I could deal with Lascannons being fully automatic in DoW 1 and I can put up with it in DoW3. Ill just pray to the Emperor that a few things are changed from now till release.
>>
File: 1410213113729.jpg (14 KB, 217x243) Image search: [Google]
1410213113729.jpg
14 KB, 217x243
>land raider replaced by imperial knight
>avatar replaced by wraithknight
>just so GW can promote models

Replacing the Avatar is forgivable, seeing as the wraithknight is still an Eldar unit and kicks a lot of ass.

But the Imperial Knight being the SM super unit is fucking retarded - it's essentially saying the Space Marines need the help of some rich kids to get shit done.

Stupid as fuck.
>>
File: 1459018820673.jpg (116 KB, 856x468) Image search: [Google]
1459018820673.jpg
116 KB, 856x468
>>342449674
>3. "We have created a DoTA inspired hero system"
this is it

i was excited for this game, i've been waiting for it for so long

i wanted to get it first day

and just now, I literally have lost all interest in the game
>>
>>342455708
Knight Titans do swear oaths to Chapters though. The fact she's a woman makes me think it's a Freeblade. Not that women can't be KT pilots, but it's usually left to men. So she probably got angry and left. Which is fine, would be a decent backstory and please SJW, but it's not beyond reason.

Also, Land Raiders suck.

>yfw Spartans will never EVER be the vehicle of choice in games
>yfw it'll never be a Dedicated Transport either
>>
File: 1295354905796.jpg (46 KB, 692x451) Image search: [Google]
1295354905796.jpg
46 KB, 692x451
>>342455708
NO LANDRAIDER? WHAT?
>>
>>342451038

>warhammer lore being wrong is equivalent to being raped

the lore has always been absolute garbage get over it
>>
>>342455621
Lascannons did change in DoW2 to what they're suppose to be.

I think they've taken the cue from 7th edition description which describes them as 'firing packets of laser' or some shit. But, that's not the problem. The problem is the claim they do more damage the longer they keep their BEAM on the target.

My belief, or hope I should say, is that they've done the animation for MultiMeltas, but not Lascannons, but done the models for Lascannons, but not Multimeltas, so did it for something to show.
>>
File: 1394926770679.jpg (33 KB, 250x362) Image search: [Google]
1394926770679.jpg
33 KB, 250x362
I honestly dont care how much this game rapes the minor details of the lore that only you autists care about as long as it turns out to be good.

Neck yourselves faggots.
>>
>>342455942
But Land Raider is a metal box. A big metal box

They don't suck
>>
File: 1463448183139.jpg (6 KB, 200x211) Image search: [Google]
1463448183139.jpg
6 KB, 200x211
>>342455942
>Land Raiders suck
>>
>>342455708
No, it's even funnier. It's saying the Space Marines need the help of some rich kids UNDER ADMECH JURISDICTION to get shit done.
Also, this kills all chances of them adding a Skitarii faction down the road, which makes me turbomad.
>>
>>342456104
have a (You)
>>
>>342456028
Raped? Who said anything about rape? You willing took that cock in your mouth and ass when you support DoW3 and defend it from blatant shit.

Yes, the lore has been garbage, but it's been consistent in some fundamental sense. Botlers have always fired rocket propelled shells, they've never fired laser beams. LasCANNONS have always fired lasers, not a constant beam stream.
>>
>>342455440
i was saying that since they are automatic rocket launchers they should be shown as such. eldar standing toe to toe with SM exchanging fire is retarded, DOW 2 did this very well.
>>
File: 1456139433778.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1456139433778.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>>342449152
>starcraft 2 moba trash
>starcraft 2
>moba
Are you retarded on purpose?
>>
>>342456115
YES THEY DO. SPARTANS ARE BETTER.

>>342456168
REEEEEE. LAND RAIDERS SUCK. UNLESS IT'S ACHILLES PATTERN THEN IT'S OK.
>>
>>342456281
>heroes level up (fine)
>Armies level up (Ok...)
>"inspired by Dota's hero selection phase, Relic designers are considering an element of pick and counter-pick to the pre-battle screen, though they're yet to show exactly how this will work." not fine.
>>
>>342450874
>>342455934
For fuck sake did these homos ever play DoW2? It will be the same shit as that and people praise that to high hell here.
>>
>>342456412
Im actually assuming its going to be WC3 which im okay with.
>>
File: 1395773268672.jpg (462 KB, 1643x984) Image search: [Google]
1395773268672.jpg
462 KB, 1643x984
>>342455942
>Knight Titans do swear oaths to Chapters though

The super unit is supposed to be the "best" (depending on your definition) thing the faction can field. Space Marines don't manufacture Imperial Knights or recruit and train the pilots. They're just people they happen to know and work with.

SM fight alongside the Imperial Guard all the time, yet we recognize that if the SM's had access to Baneblades and Leman Russ', it would be really fucking dumb. Same principle applies.

Face it, this is just supreme Jewry by GW to promote some of their most expensive models and the fact that they have their hands so deep in the development process just completely turns me off the game.
>>
>>342449674
>>342455220
>>342455934
Have any of you fuckers ever played Warcraft 3? Because that's what dota inspired hero system means in this case.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyspr4Tkt58

>>342456365
So Company of Heroes general trees? Change that to ingame like CoH and it's literally just that. I'll reserve judgement on that but I would hardly call any of this "dota-clone game"
>>
>>342456365
>"inspired by Dota's hero selection phase, Relic designers are considering an element of pick and counter-pick to the pre-battle screen, though they're yet to show exactly how this will work." not fine.

Hopefully this will amount to the same kind of build counters we've seen in DoW, however it seems they'll go with the DoW2 system where you have 3 heroes with distinct roles.

I just want a new DoW remake... the game was literally perfect in my eyes, as far as the gameplay went.
>>
>>342456531
>Have any of you fuckers ever played Warcraft 3
Yes, but this is Warhammer
>>
>>342456601
Welcome to changes in sequels, I didn't give a flying fuck about the garbage gameplay of DoW 2 either.

WC3 heroes are just beefier DoW 1 heroes so I don't see the problem with this at all for DoW 3.
>>
>>342456531
Yes? But that's not Warhammer. Might be copied from WHFB, but it certainly ain't 40k.

Either way, it's just not a good sign, anon. Had they gone "We're improving the DoW2 hero system", I would have been fine. Instead the term DOTA was used and that's a fucking red flag to me.
>>
>>342456498
From the gameplay interviews, they say that IK will be one of the elite unit that the player can choose pre-battle and the player could choose not to field them in battle if the player doesn't want them in their army lineup.
>>
File: 1462307593938.jpg (65 KB, 664x720) Image search: [Google]
1462307593938.jpg
65 KB, 664x720
>>342456806
DoW2 was worse than 1 in every way so I'd rather they didn't.
>>
>>342456601
>>342456806
Did you guys just not read >>342456531
post?

The point of him talking about Warcaft 3 isnt because its similar to fantasy. He is talking about how DoW3 Hero system is clearly going to be the exact same thing and Warcaft 3's hero system.

And ya, WC3s hero system fits 40k just fine.
>>
>>342449674

sounds shit. if better at least be pretty orky
>>
>>342456959
Not to me. I enjoyed controlling a strike force. Sure, no EPIC BATTLES XDD or LOADSA FACTIONS XDD but it was fun. Either way, I specifically mentioned heroes.

If you think the hero system in Soulstorm "kill X of enemy to choose one unlock and each item only has one upgrade" was better than gathering loot and specing your guys into different roles, then....

Fair play, but I don't agree. I liked DoW2's hero system a lot.
>>
>>342457372
Ok not everything was worse, I had no issues with the loot system in SP. But having it in MP will just make that whole part of the game meaningless. Same reason CoH 2 MP is meaningless.
>>
>>342457592
multiplayer was the best part of COH 2 and dow 2, i like how they did heros in multiplayer you spent resoures on certain war gear like the table top.
>>
>>342455621
Please give me a source with the jumping terminators. I am genuinly curious. Tried to spot it in the gameplay trailer but its to much of a mess. Everything i can spot is the teleporting and I personally don't fiind that offensive.
>>
>>342457982
Literally any E3 gameplay video.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 472x371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 472x371
>Post yfw you have faith in the emprah and relic and know the game will be good
>Post yfw you know the naysayers are just chaos cocksuckers trying to shake your resolve
Stand true, brothers.
>>
File: 1462293063_1.jpg (510 KB, 2560x1439) Image search: [Google]
1462293063_1.jpg
510 KB, 2560x1439
>>342457982
Right in the middle of the pic.

Also if you see the gameplay video there is a part where Angelos jumps over a ravine. The characters literally say "there is no way you can reach them" In which Angelos responds with "fuck you I do what I want" and jumps the gap
>>
>>342458243
I get the feeling this is a fucking juicy hentai. Am I wrong?
>>
>>342458121
Ah I didn't express myself good enough. Would you spoonfeed it to me? Gotta say I'm pretty lazy. Tried watching the 12 min gameplay video, almost made it but was so dissapointed in the shitfest that's on screen 100% of the time i can't rewatch it.
>>
File: witness your doom.jpg (22 KB, 273x320) Image search: [Google]
witness your doom.jpg
22 KB, 273x320
>>342447246
>why Dawn of War 3 is complete shit?
They fucked up the voice acting.
>>
>>342458243

>"Trust me guys, this unreleased game will be great!"

Don't be retarded. Cautious optimism should always be your default position.
>>
>>342447246
Shit looks like a mobile game for tablets. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>342458348
Well i did cringe when Angelos jumped, but i tought you guy were talking about the assault termies. Ok, at least I'm happy it's not worse i guess?
>>
>>342458243
Sauce on pic
>>
>>342458613
At least Ass Termies can justify arriving via Teleportation. But not jumping in the air.

There is a meme that C.S.Goto wrote a novel with back flipping Terminators, but I've never seen the extract which claims this.
>>
File: Dawn of War 3 Deathstorm.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of War 3 Deathstorm.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>full E3 mission this Friday at 11 AM PDT
I don't want to look at the chat but I expect it to be a lot of people shitting on it because the game isn't dirty or grimy enough.

I hope they show Melta weapons and not prove they didn't fuck those up, I don't like how Lascannons function now. I'll say I do like how effective Flamers look but they better have a default attack outside of its ability.
>>
File: 1362691709152.jpg (319 KB, 1118x801) Image search: [Google]
1362691709152.jpg
319 KB, 1118x801
>>342449674
>2. "We don't want to make it gritty like DoW 2, we want it to be more colourful like the tabletop"
Look at all those colours, Fifty Shades of Trench-Brown
>>
>>342458613
Ya. Thankfully no jumping assault terminators.
>>
File: IMG_7538.jpg (177 KB, 1568x709) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7538.jpg
177 KB, 1568x709
>>342459071
Yup it's not like there are different artistic depictions or something.
>>
>>342459071
It's retarded because I can paint my Imperial Guard neon pink. I can fluff my Necron Dynasty as a bunch of faggots who were into the club scene in the Necrontyr Empire and paint them bright orange, lime green, bright yellow and royal purple and it's 'fine'.

But that is the exception, not the rule. People painting armies meme colours is fine, but using it as the basis for a game where the VAST majority don't want that, is stupid.

DoW2 had colour, but it was also suitably dark and grimy.
>>
>>342447246
Because it put emphasis back on base building instead of what Dawn of War II was doing.

G A R B A G E
>>
>>342459062
Dreadnaughts are seen firing flamers so they should have a default fire.
>>
File: pink necrons 2.jpg (79 KB, 800x490) Image search: [Google]
pink necrons 2.jpg
79 KB, 800x490
>>342459387
See >>342459403 and >>342455424

You can do colours other than brown, but still make it dark toned.

See >>342450059 that was perfect. Colour of Blood Ravens AND dark toned.

Stop using tabletop as a fucking example, it's stupid

GUESS THIS SHOULD BE THE COLOUR OF THE NECRONS IN THE EXPANSION :DDDD
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
DoW 3 IS GOING TO BE SHIT AND ALL I FEEL IS RAGE
WE MUST SACRIFICE THE RELIC DEVELOPERS FOR THEIR INSOLENCE
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
DEVELOPER SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
>>
>>342459387
What the fuck is that abomination between the terminator and the dread?

I've been away from warhammer for a while and I have no memory of that awful looking shit.
>>
Not defending the acrobatic Angelos here but didn't Calgar do some crazy shit during his time as Ultrasmurfs Chapter Master?
>>
>>342458348
>that fucking rainbow
>>
File: Nurgle vs IG.jpg (627 KB, 1200x902) Image search: [Google]
Nurgle vs IG.jpg
627 KB, 1200x902
>SM get Knight Titan

So what will the IG get in the first expansion? A Dreadnought? A living saint?
>>
>>342459789
Yarrick
>>
File: Eldar taste the rainbow.jpg (439 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Eldar taste the rainbow.jpg
439 KB, 1280x1024
>>342459746
>>
File: 1438762507779.png (43 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1438762507779.png
43 KB, 510x546
>>342459678
Now, now. I know the game's going to be shit, but let's not resort to HERESY.
>>
>>342459689
Centurion Armour. Essentially heavy weapons platform and heavy siege assault troops.

>>342459789
Knight Titans aren't a specific army, they give themselves to various causes. Some are aligned to Ad Mech, others to Imperium. Many sign oath pacts with Chapters. Or specific armies. Some go on trips for the hell of it.

Why the fuck you complaining? It's to analogue with RapeKnights.
>>
File: 1376071438983.jpg (969 KB, 1296x1800) Image search: [Google]
1376071438983.jpg
969 KB, 1296x1800
>>342459879
we in for tuff fight, boyz
>>
>>342459689
A SPACE MARINE INSIDE A SPACE MARINE
>>
I gotta admit I'll miss the Chaos Marines being in the game. That's like releasing a Street Fighter game with Ryu but not Ken.
>>
>>342459789
>So what will the IG get in the first expansion?
Probably the standard Baneblade. I'd like to see the Shadowsword variant to fuck up other elites, then the Stormsword for its big siege cannon.

I want to expect Imperial Knights being shared (Solaria being an exception) this isn't DC/SS so I don't expect IG and SM to be bitter enemies. I want to go back to Winter Assault where IG fought hard to earn a bit of respect from Space Marines.
>>
>>342460069
>you now remember the Flash Gitz animation where they took the piss out of this idea, then 2 weeks later the Centurion was leaked

And then they shat on their Fans and did console war (which was decent) and FotM animations.
>>
>>342459879
If somehow GW lets Yarrick in DoW3 I want Orks to have special lines when encountering Yarrick.
>>
File: KhorneMark.jpg (22 KB, 256x249) Image search: [Google]
KhorneMark.jpg
22 KB, 256x249
>>342459974
>YEAR OF THE BLOOD GOD KHORNE 40,000
>STILL BEING A SERVANT OF THE FALSE EMPEROR
I ANGRILY HOPE YOU GUYS DONT DO THAT
>>
>>342460202
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zSxQnZ3TM8
a classic
>>
>>342460370
I'm watching it again. Thanks anon.

Also, why did they take their amazing Space Hulk videos down?
>>
>>342459062
Without terminator armor jumping all over the place that actually doesnt look bad. Throw the cover system back in and tone done some of the bigger effects and i think it will look just fine.
>>
>>342460458
>Throw the cover system

No. Cover is now randomly applied to a map and has HP.
>>
>>342460603
Have they explained how that works? I can understand old ruins and rock formations breaking apart but will there still be buildings to garrison? Or maybe large craters?
>>
>>342460603
Neat so they really are bringing back cover.
>>
File: Laughing ork.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Laughing ork.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>342458348
>mfw people seriously argued that these screenshots were mockups, before the gameplay videos were released.
>>
>>342460458
Was there any official reason on why they made cover a temporary bubble shield that assault units can jump into? I heard it was for simplicity and that DoW2 suffered from AI not properly path finding to cover and units breaking cover by walking into it.

I'm okay with cover how it is, I would like to see more variations if what we know is only one of the cover options.
>>
>>342460335
GET ON MY LEVEL FUCKNUT.

>>342460759
>>342460765
They're basically, depending on the faction who owns them, shit like Aegis Defence Lines or Eldar forcefields. Which break after X amount of damage done to them. They have a HP bar, like a building, and collapse when you've done enough damage.

It isn't like DoW2 where cover can be destroyed with a grenade. Apparently "light and hard" cover was "too complicated for the number of units we wanted" and they wanted "all players to be able to understand what was happening". Which links back to "most accessible DoW yet".
>>
>>342460805
That's not the most retarded, there were people who seriously argue that you can't control units because the PC Gamer article basically contain the word "line units" and so they thought it would function more like MOBA units.
>>
File: deer-hunter.jpg (15 KB, 316x211) Image search: [Google]
deer-hunter.jpg
15 KB, 316x211
>>342460929
>They're basically shit like Aegis Defence Lines or Eldar forcefields
>break after X amount of damage done to them
>too complicated for the number of units we wanted

Oh, fuck - so it doesn't just look bad, huh?
>>
File: WE_Berserker.jpg (333 KB, 1050x928) Image search: [Google]
WE_Berserker.jpg
333 KB, 1050x928
>>342460929
THAT IS NO SERVANT OF KHORNE
WHERE IS THE BLOOD RED ARMOR
>>
>>342461152
Yeah. They said that CoH2 had the right amount of units to allow a proper cover system, but it sounded to me as if it was "we're lazy and don't want to".

If I'm being optimistic they went "DoW1 had specific cover areas, but they allowed turtling, so we've given them HP so you can prevent that". They did say turtling was a reason they did it, but I dunno.
>>
BECAUSE RELIC SEEMS TO HAVE A TERRIBLE GAME DESIGN DEPARTMENT. THE DEVS ARE DOING A DECENT JOB BUT THEIR POST-CoH GAMES ARE FUCKED BY FUNDAMENTAL DESIGN RETARDATION. IT IS THE COMPETENCE OF THE REST OF THE TEAM THAT MAKES THEIR GAMES STILL PLAYABLE BUT THEY ARE PRETTY MUCH SHIT RTS
>>
>>342461327
Why the fuck can't they just stick closer to the tabletop experience? I want tabletop W40K adapted to RTS. I want to be able to pick an order of battle with maybe some pre-battle switching around, have different types of missions, randomized terrain with cover, etc. And not like DoW2 because that was shit.

Is that too much to ask? Fuck.
>>
>>342461506
>THEIR POST-CoH GAMES ARE FUCKED BY FUNDAMENTAL DESIGN RETARDATION

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. Well-executed shit game designs.
>>
>>342461506
[citation needed]
>>
>>342461667
Don't be such a twit
>>
>>342461541
I liked DoW2's cover system, anon. It was realistic and followed the tabletop (ie, units don't get cover if the cover isn't interposed between the target and the shooter).
>>
File: 1419251543371.jpg (137 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
1419251543371.jpg
137 KB, 500x661
>>342460015
>It's to analogue with RapeKnights
>one faction has a big walker so everyone has to have a big walker

Nobody wants that. In DoW 1, you had the Avatar and the Bloodthirster, but you also had the Baneblade and Monolith.

Uniformity in a 40k game is a bad idea.
>>
>>342461815
Yeah, that was fine. Everything else about DoW2 was shit.
>>
>>342460015
>Knight Titans aren't a specific army
Yes, they are
>>
>tfw graphics whores will complain and you'll just have fun crushing xeno scum

who /likes video games/ here?
>>
>>342461909
No, they're not. Stop this meme. In terms of codex, they are unique, but that's the same for every other meme faction. GW is just greedy.

In terms of FLUFF, they never go on their own, they ALWAYS fight as part of another force. Even more so this girl seems to be a Freeblade.
>>
File: pew pew dps.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
pew pew dps.jpg
528 KB, 1920x1200
>>342462015
I don't like games having worse texture than a game from 9 years ago.
>>
>>342462287
>Dawn of War 2 was released 7 years ago

''It's over''
>>
>>342462287
complain about it on youtube comment sections and /v/ then, while I enjoy the shit out of it
>>
File: 1452295904964.jpg (201 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1452295904964.jpg
201 KB, 780x780
>>342451634
But that in effect is not true Dawn of Units barring heros and vehicles are singular entities that are the squads you can upgrade. if you actually played the 1st one you would know and see the similarities between Dawn of War and Total Warhammer. There is literally no excuse for the poppy autistic SC2 art style that killed that game in comparison to the gritty style that better served the universe.
>>
>>342459573
So your problem is with being able to customize your own custom armies with custom colours? Geez anon I don't know about that, pretty sure it was a beloved feature in both games.
>>
>>342462385
Neat. I don't have a problem, I'm just miffed. Why can't I be anon?

>>342462363
Yeah I meant 7. I'm tired.

>>342462451
No, my problem is the fact that they can do both colour AND dark tone, they did it with DoW2, but they can't with DoW3, why?
>>
can someone explain to me how its ''focused to moba players'' when you control more than 1 unit?

what am I misisng?
>>
>Angelos is the size of a dreadnought for some reason
>does an assault marine jump in full fucking terminator armor
Yeah I dunno boys
>>
File: 1451506837901.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451506837901.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>342459573
If you dont want to use the table top game as an example then look up any of the fluff literature on the Horus Heresy, Gaunts Ghost, The Tech Preist of Mars. NONE of those setting s have anything remotely resembling flashy poppy nonsensical autism we see in the retarded as fuck trailers. Try to find one peice of cover art for any of the books that reflects you position rofl
>>
>>342462561
Change in artstyle to facilitate readability, don't know why people don't understand the reasoning. It's fine if you disagree, it's just dishonest claiming it has no purpose or thought behind it.

>>342462614
You're missing the bullshit meme gene, be glad anon.
>>
>>342462617
I'm not sure if you're attacking my point or supporting it. I literally said it's stupid to use the tabletop as a basis of the game, when the tabletop lets you do whatever you want. I see no reason to make the game 'colourful and less gritty' because some people like pink. If you want to do that, give us Army Painters from DoW1.
>>
>>342462696
I never said there was no thought or reasoning behind it, I do think it's a stupid as fuck reasoning when if people want colourful, they can have it via Army Painters.

But that's not the problem, the problem is the game is overly flashy. Go watch the E3 trailer, look at the Bolters, they're glowing multicoloured. Why?
>>
File: Rogue_trader_cover.jpg (58 KB, 285x400) Image search: [Google]
Rogue_trader_cover.jpg
58 KB, 285x400
>>342462617
Never ever
>>
>>342462906
Buffs or modifiers one presumes, I don't know and neither do you.
>>
>>342462612
>can someone explain to me how its ''focused to moba players'' when you control more than 1 unit?

Complete and utter shitposting.
>>
>>342463008
Not knowing is irrelevant. I'm going on what I do know, which is Bolters don't glow unless they're Chaos tainted and they are glowing in the game.

Coupled with everything else that has happened, I'm not going to just go "OH WELL I DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHY SO IT'S OK!"

>>342462612
>>342463067
It's based on a quote the dev's said they've been inspired by DoTA hero selection in multiplayer. They've also said you pick 1 hero and 3 elite units (which can be other heroes iirc) at the start of every mission, but that is no different to DoW2. So it's twisting facts into shitposts.
>>
File: Gaunt's_Ghosts_1.jpg (165 KB, 641x680) Image search: [Google]
Gaunt's_Ghosts_1.jpg
165 KB, 641x680
>>342462946
>Rouge Trader Rule Book
>Rule Book
>Not Fluff Literature like I said.
>Being this retarded XD
>>
>>342447246
>'Early-alpha' is no longer a valid excuse.
Oh, you mean it's already out next week?
Nice.
>>
>>342463008
Argument of Silence. Don't do that.

Go on what we DO know, which is they glow, for whatever reason, in DoW3, and they didn't in DoW1 + 2.
>>
>>342463239
>Rouge

You what?
>>
>>342463239
See >>342462813 that was my reply to you, as you replied to me. The other guy with the art is another guy.

So, now you know.

>rouge

Oh, another person who's retarded.
>>
>>342462617
>Gaunts Ghost

That shit is so out of touch with the setting it should be considered fan fiction.

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.
>>
>>342463597
Lots of the old shit is out of touch. Even Cain goes into 42nd millennium.
>>
>>342462204
That's an arbitrary definition of what constitutes a separate army that generalizes and overlooks over the fluff as a whole.

Knights are not part of a marines' chapter organization
They are not part of the imperial guard assets
Even the mechanicus holds power only on specific houses

Not that I am advocating against their inclusion in the game, only on the technicality of being separate
>>
>>342463883
I never said they were part of a specific assets, I just said they sign themselves over to specific things. Imperium aligned will more likely go to war with IG and Space Marines than Ad Mech aligned, but even they will help out if need be.

Freeblades swear oaths to help shit out as well.

It's not against any logic or fluff that Space Marines have a KT to call upon. The only fluff fucking bit is the woman ordering Gabe about.
>>
>>342463216
>>342463274
Argument of Making Shit Up And Being Mad At It. I don't see the point in discussing something that isn't even fucking defined. As far as little buff effects go DoW 1 went bananas with those so I fail to see the problem with some glowy guns this time.
>>
>>342464039
If you can point out glowing bolters with DoW1 screenshots, I'd be appreciative. Not plasma guns, or special weapons, but bolters, thanks.
>>
>>342463994
>It's not against any logic or fluff that Space Marines have a KT to call upon

It's not out of the realm of possibility in the setting, it's just dissatisfying in the context of the game because we all know the intent behind its inclusion is to promote a model line.
>>
>>342464039
>making shit up

What you on about? There is glowing bolters in the trailer, that are multicoloured. This isn't making anything up. As far as I can remember, there were glowing melee weapons in DoW1, but never glowing bolters.
>>
>>342464208
I was rather making the point that it looks like a buff effect, which DoW is pretty laden with. So magically glowing everywhere else but guns is fine? If this is a problem for your view on fluff I don't think you'd like any of the DoW games in general.

>>342464278
The making shit up as in deciding what something is before you know what it is. Or is a buff visual literally a bridge too far now, I don't understand the problem. I guess they better get rid of the cover indicators, that's ruining the fluff or something.
>>
>>342464268
Ehhh. I dunno anon. Knight Titans sell well enough as it is due to being amazing on the tabletop and very good models in their own right.

Wrath Knights CERTAINLY don't need to be pushed. They're out and out one of the best models in game AND look neat.

Until we know why the stupid bitch is helping Gabe (my guess is it'll be 'muh House was angry I was born a girl not a boy and so I stole a Knight and came here lol' or some shit)
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3 MB, 1624x2423) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3 MB, 1624x2423
>>
>>342464515
There is a difference between gameplay mechanics and asethtics. You could solve the 'buff' issue with a Attack+ icon above their head. That's called a false equivalence.

Going "it's for gameplay reasons" is fucking lame. Might as well make everything glow because 'gameplay reasons'.

As for buffs, neat, but can you give that anon a DoW1 bolter buff of that kind?

Going "b-b-but DoW1 had buffs!" is totally irrelevant. It didn't have glowing bolters and that's just throwing shit out the window because 'gameplay'? Well fuck me.

The fact LasCANNONS are firing beams like Multimelta's just adds to my belief they've gone "fuck the fluff, we can do what we want", which is fine, but it isn't what I would have liked to see, anon.

Why CAN'T I be upset?
>>
>>342464515
It is pretty laden, but glowing Nemesis Force Weapons, which are activated by psychic force, is 'within context/setting'. Glowing botlers, like in DoW3, is not.

If it's an indicator for buffs, fine, I can ignore it, but if it is like that, then why isn't there a little buff icon somewhere like most games have? Why can't there be another indicator? What 'buff' could there be that makes Bolters do that? I'm racking my brain to think of a pysker power which does such a thing, but I can't think of any that makes bolters glow.
>>
>>342464559

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make - I'm well aware that the models are popular, but that's completely irrelevant. GW wants to give them more exposure, and they'll do that by telling Relic to put them in the third game. Please explain why the models already being popular would stop GW from wanting to sell even more?

It's not a coincidence that these are two models that are new since DoW 2, replacing two units that were in since DoW 1. We don't have to be detectives to figure this one out.
>>
>>342464714
>LasCANNONS are firing beams
Wait, they dont?

My childhood has been ruined...
>>
>>342464670
That isn't the cover art. GK's aren't in it.

>>342464994
Not constant beams that do more damage the longer they target an enemy. They fire packets of light. They're beams, but they don't remain in place, they travel and hit a target.

>>342464986
Because GW has no need to try and flog them when they already sell themselves. It's likely just because a KT and a WK are easy analogues for normies because "both mecha lol".

It just seems to be to sell to people who like big things, rather than being some conspiracy to flog models which sell brilliantly as it is.
>>
File: 1462375173045.jpg (22 KB, 385x392) Image search: [Google]
1462375173045.jpg
22 KB, 385x392
>>342464714
So the buff visual on a gun is the actual problem? This is literally basic 101 visual design for videogames (see other RTS games like Warcraft, Starcraft, C&C, etc.), your fluff only goes so far before it becomes a burden. If this thing already upsets you how fucking pissed off are you playing any warhammer videogame at all. Avoid that Deathwing game by the way, you'll fucking die about some boring ass reason that chapter X can't be in hulk Y because Z.

>>342464268
The common problem here is that you fluff fags don't know when to give in, nobody who plays these games gives a flying fuck about why the cool mech couldn't be there because of lore. I like my fluff and all that but there's boundaries to how much you can be a fag about it, especially with a massive mess of a setting like 40K with 3 billion different people working on it for decades.
>>
>>342465114
>Because GW has no need to try and flog them when they already sell themselves

Again, whether or not they have a 'need' is irrelevant - the fact remains that they can, and so they will. That's why it's a business. Unless you're arguing that the decision will somehow lose them money.

>rather than being some conspiracy

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that promoting your own products is a conspiracy.
>>
>>342465228
Why would I avoid Deathwing? I'm not a newfag like you, Dark Angels were the 2nd chapter to ever be involved with a Space Hulk. They were an expansion for Space Hulk (which was original Dark Angels).

So, no. I won't avoid it, as it's keeping to fluff.

As for 'buffs', there is better ways to do it than making a gun fucking glow. Icons, stat changes like

Bolter: 5-12 damage
Bolter + Buff: 6(+1)-15(+3) damage

Or whatever.
>>
>>342465228
>The common problem here is that you fluff fags don't know when to give in

Did you misquote, then?
>>
>>342464670
accurate

although Dark Crusade was good except for ridiculously OP Necron

but you're on team Soulstorm so I fully expected that
>>
>>342465430
originally wasn't*

it was originally Blood Angels and since Space Hulk has several Blood Angels as the protag games, Dark Angels is fine with me.
>>
>>342464670
nice bait
>>
>>342465430
Well if a gun glow upsets you I'm sure they'll do something heretical in the game.

You know you can have both right? The visual for easy readability during a battle and the stats for knowing the exact values you just changed. Learn the values once => immediately recognize what's happening because of glowy effect. Bog standard.
>>
>>342465441
Necrons are not OP in DoW1, in fact they are outright the weakest race in the game, you clearly have no idea how to play the game.

DC did have horrible balance problems though, most noticeably the Eldar with fleet of foot and the accuracy bug as well as a slew of other glitches and problems.
>>
>>342465689
Were you playing Dark Crusade or Soulstorm? They got a major nerf in Soulstorm.
>>
>>342465689
>Necrons are not OP in DoW1

In DC, pre-patch, they were retardedly strong.
>>
>>342465643
That's fine anon, but I was going on what I knew, which is the gun is glowing. If the reason is, let's say

>Activate Kraken Shells

And the glow happens, I'm not happy, why can't I be?

If it's something else, like a pysker power, I can accept that.

But we started this argument with the assumption we DON'T KNOW. Therefore I'm complaining about what I do know, that it glows, and what it could possibly mean based on the other stuff like

>15ft jumping terminators
>terminators jumping massive gaps
>tactical and dev squads mixing

etc.
>>
>>342465778
They got mostly buffed in SS

the only real "nerf" they got was a global change to recourse income.
>>
>>342465874
Oh, was it a pre-Soulstorm patch that toned Necrons way down?
>>
>>342466090
>was it a pre-Soulstorm patch that toned Necrons way down

From what I remember, yes. They were by far one of the strongest armies for a while (right below Eldar).
>>
>>342465904
Then we come to an impasse because I value the gameplay over minor fluff being shown the door. Gameplay which is pretty hard to tell from some flashy trailer.
>>
>>342466245
Yeah, I think you're right, looking back. It looks like their major nerf might have been in DC patch 1.2.
>>
was the "secret surprise there's a chaos faction!" thing already debunked?
>>
>>342465874
>>342465441

Stop talking to that one faggot whose claim of knowledge about DC/SS matchups/tiers comes from memetastic 1d4chan articles. Crons/Tau were top tier in DC but the former got severely gutted in SS. The cunt in question probably never booted auto games and only played 4v4 Quick Start shitfests, trying to appear knowledgeable.

If you care, look up old relicnews forums for the info, just stop accepting bullshit coming straight from that faggot's mouth. Or don't, whatever, the games are dead and none of the people here play it online.
>>
>>342466590
>Crons/Tau were top tier in DC but the former got severely gutted in SS

Yeah, that's how I remember it but I'm very fuzzy on the timeline.

>the games are dead and none of the people here play it online

Are there groups that still play MP?
>>
>>342466590
>Crons
>top tier in DC
Either this is bait or you literally only ever played the CPU
>>
>>342465874

Not really all that too strong. They got recked by early agression, but had the hillarious ability to go waaaaay past 20/20 cap with the rez orb.
>>
dow 2 > dow 1

maybe one day this will get through your thick retarded compstomper skulls
>>
>>342466590
lolno necrons were garbage.

Allow me to explain exactly why they were bottom tier and why you are full of shit and probably never touched the game.

The major problem with the necrons is how slow to start they are, they have an extremely weak early game and by extremely weak i mean none existent, they are also over relient on LPs early for unit cap, the only capper they have is workers, for every necron unit on the field unit production is slowed down.

It was very easy to walk into the enemy necron base at the start of the game, kill thier workers and cripple them before they had a chance get the ball rolling. with some match ups being 9-1 in favor of the opponent.

necrons were a late game powerhouse if they could reach T3/4 but that simply did not ever happen, not in real games, not against good players.

The people who cry about Necrons are the same people who cry about rushing being "cheap" and demand an arbitrary time limit before anyone attacks.

In short, you outed yourself a casual who has no idea how to play the game.
>>
>>342467154
Whatever you say "set up support and flank: the videogame" fan
>>
>>342467154
dow 1 > dow 2

maybe one day this will get through your thick retarded compstomper skulls
>>
The quote at the start of the trailer is from a Necron Codex so take that what you will you know idea about.
>>
>>342467295
>The quote at the start of the trailer is from a Necron Codex

Which codex? And which page?
>>
>>342467371
but im tired
>>
>>342467250
>>342467280
here come the triggered dow1 shitters

the safespace hugbox RTS thread for shitters is over here you faggots >>342419548
>>
>>342467470
Oh hey sweet another RTS thread, thanks bud. Too bad this doesn't change that DoW 2 is literally casual garbage for babies who can't macro & micro.
>>
>>342467154
Oh, I get it - this is bait.

>DoW2 is better cause graphix better DUHH
>>
>>342467470
Here comes the triggered dow2 shitter ready to samefag the shit out of the thread.
>>
>>342467226

Any competent Cron player had a 95% prebuilt turret ready to squash an early rush. If you commit to a rush against a cron you're forfeiting capturing the majority of LPs on the map which equalises your economy early on - a MASSIVE FUCKING MISTAKE, considering early cron eco is at its worst.

>It was very easy to walk into the enemy necron base at the start of the game, kill thier workers and cripple them before they had a chance get the ball rolling. with some match ups being 9-1 in favor of the opponent.

Jesus Christ, you dumb cunt. Scarabs were probably the hardest builder unit to kill because they came in a squad of 3 and thus could be reinforced. Them running around buildings meant t1 units could barely damage them thanks to shitty Fire on the Move accuracy, you inexperienced twat.

Besides, outside of Blood River, what fucking map was small enough to let you run straight into the Cron base to catch them without at least 1 NW squad and a turret ready?

>necrons were a late game powerhouse if they could reach T3/4 but that simply did not ever happen, not in real games, not against good players

Cron T3/T4 was fucking GARBAGE. They only had two things going on for them and that was Pariahs, with their ridiculous 3 sec reinforcement time and Awakened Monolith. Their AV vs other T3/T4 units was atrocious, with the Heavy Destroyer being and overpriced, underdamaging piece of shit, forcing them to rely on their T2 Immortals who crumbled like a wet sack in proper t3 engagements. Crons always, ALWAYS ended the game in early T3 at their latest, if the enemy somehow survived their famous Death March.

>for every necron unit on the field unit production is slowed down.

Oh, so you never played Crons, maybe not even the entire game. This is factually incorrect, as it only applies to ONE UNIT IN THE GAME, THE NECRON WARRIORS. Any other squad is completely unaffected. Even better, more captured LPs meant faster production and research for ALL OF THEIR UNITS.
>>
>>342468030
>Any competent Cron player had a 95% prebuilt turret ready to squash an early rush
LOL no, you aren't going to have a turret finished before they are in your base and killing your workers, all starting production of a turret is going to do is set you back even further.

>. Scarabs were probably the hardest builder unit to kill because they came in a squad of 3 and thus could be reinforced. Them running around buildings meant t1 units could barely damage them thanks to shitty Fire on the Move accuracy
LMAO MY FUCKING SIDES

Scarabs had less health and less speed than other worker units, and if you are "running them round" they are doing even less and setting you back even further.

Also FOTM accuracy only effects units that are actually MOVING not standing still shooting a slow moving target, you fucking retard.

Go back to playing CPU easy and leave multiplayer for the bigboys.
>>
File: 1463616392572.jpg (16 KB, 358x334) Image search: [Google]
1463616392572.jpg
16 KB, 358x334
It looks like shit.
>>
>>342468506
Also necron t1 turrets are weak as shit even if you did manage to get one up and running.
>>
>>342452851
>UA is great for turtling which is why I love it.
And that's why I fucking hate it
>mode with bajillion new units
>everyone just turrets the fuck up and rushes nukes
>whoever gets the winbutton first wins
Multiplayer is the worst thing there is
>"please don't nuke me :("
>"Player X got the Titan, let's all attack him!"
etc
>>
>>342468506

Scarabs had the most health (3x225=675 hp) out of any builder units and higher than average movespeed (18 units).

Lets compare:
>Servitor (375, 20)
>Heretic (280, 16)
>Gretchin (5x 100, 24)
>Techpriest (310, 16)
>Earth Caste Builder (250, 16)
>Tortured Slave (180, 16)
>Ecclesiarchal Servitor (375, 20)

Almost all of them have a 1hp regen or less, whereas killed scarabs reinforce with full hp, making them the TOUGHEST EARLY BUILDING UNIT. Also in DoW, if a multi unit squad is moving, it's almost impossible to focus your entire squad's fire on a single unit, meaning your DPS is even lower as it has to take into consideration enemy regen.

And again, list the maps where you can do a suicidal (cause that's what it is) rush straight to the Cron base, other than Blood River (which I've already mentioned). Even if you fucking do rush them with your shitty capping units, what are you going to do? You can't stop them from finishing the turret as the Cron will just cycle building it with different units. Once it's up, it will cover the Cron base sufficiently, unless you want to spend 20 minutes trying to destroy their HQ with your capping units.

You evidently have zero understanding what you're talking about. I'm not even talking about multiplayer experience, the basic facts are fucking wrong. Just fucking accept you'll never be considered a DoW1 veteran by the 30 or so people still reading these threads.

>>342468871

t1 turrets are roughly 20% weaker than other races' but it's still enough to shit on t1 infantry. Way to play it up, you dumb fuckstick.
>>
>>342468506

To be fair, he has a point with scarabs being pretty tough, the issue is they have the slowest reinforcment speed in the game probably. It takes fucking forever to max out with them.

The turret shit? That would not necesarrily set a necron back too much, but considering their weak early game you can box them into their base so hard its not even funny.

I fucking loved the shit out of crons in dow 40k, but fuck me at any point in their lifetime trough their series they had the worst of the worst early games.

Question tough, what would the OP race be? I always got shitstomped by spes muhreens, chappy opening into raining down reinforcments always wrecked me, with an occasional gay knights rush.
>>
File: 1373633527475.jpg (108 KB, 408x884) Image search: [Google]
1373633527475.jpg
108 KB, 408x884
>>342469430
>what would the OP race be?

Always Eldar.
>>
>>342469316
>Second slowest move speed
>Higher than average
This is bait, right?

>Full 40 seconds to reinforce
>Cant focus a single slow moving target
>1 hp regen is going to kill DPS
>Cant stop them from finishing a turret
>Rushing necrons is suicide
Yep this is bait.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.