[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grand Kingdom general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: grandkingdom1280-1456949364631.jpg (315 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
grandkingdom1280-1456949364631.jpg
315 KB, 1280x720
I am really enjoying this so far. I immediately jumped into war mode. Next thing I knew it was 4AM and I get up at 8. Didn't even get to play Overwatch for the first times since I got it.

Valkyrie Profile is one of my all time favorite RPG's. The combat style is like a mix of Valkyrie Profile and Radiant Historia. One of the funny things is how the healer throws healing bottles at her allies to heal them. It's not like they catch it and drink it. It actually hits them and breaks. It can hit the ground too and heal multiple allies.

The online mode is asynchronous so you fight AI controlled player characters. It is funny when you encounter a group of mustached men and women. That's one thing that stands out from the single player. A lot of times in story you fight these faceless dudes and it kinda gets old.

Anyway what do you guys think of the game? I obviously like it.
>>
>>342432983
I'm currently playing the demo and I just checked out the website tot see if it has more classes. Looks like there's a decent selection. I'm probably going to buy it tomorrow. Should I get it for ps4 or vita? What are the specifics of war mode?
>>
Does it have a difficulty select option? These games fuck me hard but I had a lot of fun with the demo
>>
>>342434316
I have it on PS4. People are saying the load times are faster on PS4. War mode is basically you pick a faction and sign a contract with them. They can be for 1 war or more. There will be battles going on for a certain amount of time and during that time you have to attack/defend territory. You will go up against other player teams controlled by the AI. Right now there is one army that has lots of people compared to the rest. It is the Blue army with this hot chick with big boobs so it kinda makes sense. Depending on how your army does you can get better rewards and the gear you can buy at the shop is better. I am still figuring things out myself but the game is fun to learn.

I have only scratched the surface.
>>
>>342434529
Eventually you get the option to change a quests difficulty. The main challenge is just learning the games systems. There are A LOT of menus and things to do.
>>
>>342434882
Neat. Do I lose anything by hitting Easy?
>>
>>342435253
I think it just makes the AI weaker and different rewards. Probably good for leveling new units.
>>
So what's the hour count looking like? I was going to get star ocean 5 but from what I heard it's pretty disappointing. The Odin sphere remake looks good but I already played that and I know it'll probably be on sale in a few months.
>>
>>342436690
I read 30 to 40 hours with all the DLC quest being included. I imagine the Online mode will be around until the server is gone.
>>
How are different are the classes that aren't in the demo?
>>
I downloaded the free timed DLC the other day from PSN, but I'm still waiting until the 28th for Amazon.
>>
>>342434748
The load times on the vita demo were very annoying and frequent, is it any better with the full game?
>>
>>342438645
I never played the demo sorry. What classes were in the demo?

>>342436690
I was going to get Star Ocean as well but I will just wait for a sale. It looks a little disappointing. I will get mostly for cat girl. Same as with part 3 lol.
>>
>>342439195
Fighter, Medic, Witch, Hunter. Seems like the bare bones, but do the other classes differentiate themselves?
>>
>>342439094
People are saying the Vita version has long load times. It's fine on PS4 though.
>>
Why does it seem like the games that need cross buy never get it?
>>
>>342439401
At the start you can pick those classes plus a Blacksmith (Woman who fights with a giant hammer) and after that I have unlocked Shaman (Spells cost health), Dualist (Twin blade male fighter), Gunner (Male ranged attacks in straight line), Valkyrie (Female who uses spears and gets lots of skills), Spearman (Dude Valkyrie I guess can't hire one currently), and Dragon Mage (Witch riding a dragon that is OP as fuck but uses 2 unit slots). There may be more. The place where you hire them seems random but more classes unlock as you go along.
>>
>>342440098
Because I dunno lol
>>
>he uses simple on his melee classes
laughing combos.jpg
>>
Do you unlock anything in the full game for completing the demo?
>>
>>342440098
Devs never bother to implement it.
>>
the non human enemies look really good, but I don't like the eyeless faces on human mobs
>>
>>342442574
Completing the demo??? How would you do that? You play the full game with crucial options and classes turned off, only to walk into the meat grinder that is war.
>>
>>342432983
Whats your favorite class?
Do classes that are the same learn different skills? Or are they taught by books like in grand knight history?
>>
>>342442886
>each of them was a protagonist to their own Visual Novel and you killed them all
Thank you shitty jap cliches and tropes.
Always making shit worse.
>>
>>342443240
Right now I am enjoying the Blacksmith the most. But it seems like everyone has something cool they can do.
>>
I preordered this game because I had credit and nothing else looked good. Put in the order when the release date was still the 21st. I went into Gamestop to pick it up today and surprise, it's been delayed a week. Waste of time and gas. Aren't those fuckers supposed to contact you when something you've ordered is delayed? They never did.
>>
Are there large bosses in this game? All I could fight in the little bit of demo I played were humans and wolves
>>
>>342446554
Now that you mention it I am not sure. I haven't fought any giant bosses yet.
>>
>>342446554
Yes there are.You will meet them in story mode such as dragons and shit.
>>
Valkyr best nation btw
>>
I have to wait till next month to play this. Am I going to be at a disadvantage for the war room?
>>
File: Amore.gif (4 MB, 282x290) Image search: [Google]
Amore.gif
4 MB, 282x290
>>342447387
I can only imagine how bad it will be for the people that try to make server rankings.
>>
File: 1359175711041.jpg (49 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1359175711041.jpg
49 KB, 613x533
Is this related to that PSP game by Vanillaware that we never got?
>>
Trying to buy it now since it seems like physical got delayed. Anyone else having issues with the PS store?
>>
>>342447813
Grand Knights Historia
Same question here because this looks like a direct ripoff
>>
>>342447813
>>342448260
Same devs, different artists as Vanillaware were busy with their own projects.
>>
>>342448051
It's down for maintenance right now. You can still connect and browse, just can't start any downloads. It gives some error.
>>
>>342447813
>>342448260
It's a spiritual successor of sorts; the director and lead artist is ex-Vanillaware and was the same guy who was behind GKH.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.