[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Take notes, Nintendo!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: PMTYD.jpg (317 KB, 1352x1078) Image search: [Google]
PMTYD.jpg
317 KB, 1352x1078
>increase interal resolution to 1080p
>Add SSAA

THAT'S IT.
THAT'S LITERALLY ALL I DID.

THAT'S ALL IT FUCKING TAKES, NINTENDO!
Give us native 16:9 and re-jigger the UI to match, and THAT'S LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE TO FUCKING DO. No bloom, no remade assets, nothing. Easiest $60 you will ever fucking make.
>>
nigger there's a 16:9 AR code
get fuckin good pleb
>>
Tone down on general white and twilight trail too while at it
>>
File: 1457049590449.png (206 KB, 591x591) Image search: [Google]
1457049590449.png
206 KB, 591x591
>>342433647
This.
TTYD isn't a perfect game, but little changes like that can make it that much closer to being one.
>>
>and somehow it still dips under 30fps on the wii u
nx please
>>
>>342432726

>the most exciting game your shit brain can make up is another remake

Kill yourself retard.
>>
>>342432726
No, buy Colors Splash.
>>
>>342433918
It's not even a remake, just an HD release.
>>
Why does it need a remaster anyway, you could always just play the original. Remasters that don't actually add anything or make any big reason to play them instead of the original are a waste of time.

I suppose you could argue so new fans could play?
>>
>>342434150
It's the same thing as the DMC reboot.
People bought the remasters instead of the reboot so much that it sent the message that fans wanted the old stuff, not the new one.
>>
>>342433512
I tried that. It's not very good at all. UI gets that dumb ASPECT RATIO stretch, and screen-filling effects, including the black bars during cutscenes only go as far as the original 4:3 aspect ratio, which won't do.
>>
>>342434239
And look where it brought us, a pachi-slot machine. And an INCREDIBLY mediocre, outsourced remaster of 4, that only fixed one of the game's many problems.
>>
>>342434150
>you could always just play the original.
That's actually what brought me to this juncture in the first place.
I tried playing on the original hardware recently. It's one of the few cases where it's obvious upon retrospect how much it was held back by its time. The super sharp sprite-based graphics just don't look good on SD TVs or, god forbid, smeared over an HDTV through component cables. 480i does this game zero justice at all.

It's not the game itself that's the problem, it's the standards of the time it was released in.
>>
>>342433918
Honestly? Nah.

I'm just fairly new to the emulator scene, and I'm just surprised how little effort it took to get this game to look good at HD resolutions
>>
Alright /v/, it's that time again:

>Favorite Game
>Favorite Partner
>Favorite Boss
>Favorite Theme

>Which partner would you like to see in another traditional PM game?
>>
>TFW there's a chance Paper Mario threads will even be more shit after today
>>
>>342433962
>Paper Mario fans aren't going to buy it
>Certain people won't buy it after today
Some /pol/ish might pick it up though
>>
>>342435367
>TTYD
>Goombella
>Francis and Cortez
>X-Naut Fortress and Rawk Hawk battle music
>>
>>342435367
>TTYD
>Vivian
>Cortez
>Magnus Von Grapple

Honestly there are probably better themes but Magnus' theme was such a fucking earworm I still hum it sometimes without noticing.
>>
>>342432726
where can I get this? What happened with the paper mario 64 fix?
>>
File: parakarry2.jpg (90 KB, 900x611) Image search: [Google]
parakarry2.jpg
90 KB, 900x611
>>342435367

It would be cool if Parakarry made another cameo delivering whatever plot device letter in the beginning.

>>342435759
/pol/ actually had a thread about it earlier. Even they hate the game.
>>
>>342432726
which emulator? I put my gamecube in the attic a few years ago and I have no idea what I'm doing pls help
>>
File: Paper mario partners.jpg (102 KB, 1919x491) Image search: [Google]
Paper mario partners.jpg
102 KB, 1919x491
>>342435914
>TTYD
>Bobberry
>Cortez
>Doopliss battle theme
>>
>>342438527
Did you make these, anon?
>>
>>342437578
Did we see the same thread?
I saw one Anon saying he'll buy 7 copies and another claimed he just pre-ordered
>>
File: fuck.jpg (3 MB, 3026x3572) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
3 MB, 3026x3572
>>342434462
While bad can come out of it, let people latch onto that hope of good coming out of it. People jumped on the TTYD remaster when Tabata expressed interest in thinking about it. It's all Paper Mario RPG fans have left. Personally I think PM64 would be the best to remaster with TTYD getting a VC release. I do worry if they did PM64 the art style would get fucked.

>>342437929
Dolphin, also google the HD texture pack & a guide to put texture packs in a Gamecube game. Also look up a wiki on what options you should have on for TTYD to make it run as good as you can.

>>342435367
>Favorite Game
Paper Mario 64
>Favorite Partner
Goombella or Bow
>Favorite Boss
Jr. Troopa
>Favorite Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6I-n7xK03A

All of them honestly, but at the very least Goombella since she was studying & is referenced in Sticker Star.
>>
>>342432726
>1080
>SSAA so effectively 4K
Not even my PC can handle that.

Also the whole point of the style is to look paper-y. They should add some shaders to make it look like a paper world.
>>
>>342438884
desu I just skimmed the thread. Most didn't seem to even talk about the game. I did see a few saying it was shit.
>>
I got TTYD when it came out and I think I made it like 30 minutes in before moving on. Don't even remember why I stopped. It's pretty funny to read all the fan wank over this game though.
>>
Yeah, with how abysmal paint splash and sticker have been, I was pinning for the varied crew we're used to having and just filled with companions I would like to see.

For now I'm terrible at rendering so I'm afraid it'll stay as a draft until my techniques match my vision.
>>
File: EoL94AN.png (11 KB, 398x396) Image search: [Google]
EoL94AN.png
11 KB, 398x396
>>342439654
Meant for,
>>342438626
Sorry, sleep deprivation is a terrible thing.
>>
>>342439654
I like it
>>
>>342439019
>Also the whole point of the style is to look paper-y

Nope, the whole point was to have a storybook aesthetic. The characters were paper because they 'came off the page', not because the world was literally made of paper. It's also why buildings lift up from the ground; they're supposed to look like they're in a pop-up book.

That's why some people here have issues with the new art style. Color Splash looks more like a paper and cardboard diorama than an illustrated storybook.
>>
File: paper mario chars.jpg (633 KB, 1836x2752) Image search: [Google]
paper mario chars.jpg
633 KB, 1836x2752
>>342440394
I am actually thinking about making a short fangame, but I don't know what to do about partners.

It would be about an island where people looking for treasure got stuck in, and now they have to solve the mystery on it to get out.

Pic related is a concept with drawings I made for many characters.
>>
>>342440839
Impressive. For simplistic it is, that's actually a neat concept.
>>
>>342440839
That bartender(?) Koopa looks like he's got a Hitler 'stache.

Still, it looks pretty cool. I'd play it.
>>
>>342439001
thx senpai i appreciate it for real
>>
>>342440394

>Poncho shygirl

I love it
>>
>>342438884
>I saw one Anon saying he'll buy 7 copies and another claimed he just pre-ordered
So even gamergators will ruin the franchise
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.