[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/, I'm thinking about getting a PS3. Which model
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: LJ5xg.jpg (81 KB, 818x482) Image search: [Google]
LJ5xg.jpg
81 KB, 818x482
Alright /v/, I'm thinking about getting a PS3. Which model schould I get? I'm leaning towards the super slim. I already have most multiplat games I'm interested in for 360, so I just want to know some of the best exclusives. I'm interested in MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, and Gran Turismo 5. I'm not really interested in God of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Demon's Souls, LittleBigPlanet, The Last of Us, or HD PS2 games. Feel free to give me some of your opinions on the games I mentioned.
>>
File: 1450332655720.gif (825 KB, 500x203) Image search: [Google]
1450332655720.gif
825 KB, 500x203
I'd say go for either Slim as its more smaller (obviously), will not die as apposed to the FAT, and is more cheaper I think. I'd go for the original Slim since I dont like slide cover.
>>
>>342433394
go for the Slim because of the much lowerfailure rate and you can put CFW on it.
>>
3D Dot Game Heroes is good, if you can bare an awful story and voice acting Tales of Graces f has an awesome combat system.
>>
>>342433704
The slim has a lower failure rate over the super-slim? Is PS3 region-locked? I kind of wanted a blue one.
>>
MGS4 is on PC
www.YouTube.com
>>
>>342432640
>>342433704
Close but not quite. It's not the model you should be looking at when considering CFW but rather the version the OFW is on. If your PS3 isn't on >3.55 (which the vast, vast majority of PS3s are) then you are good to go for CFW. Otherwise, don't even bother worrying about it, if you want CFW post 3.55 you must do hardware modification wizardry no matter what model you have.
>>
Is Heavy Rain any good?
>>
>>342433825
>The slim has a lower failure rate over the super-slim?
I doubt it. My SS has been running 3 years strong. The super-slim does feel flimsier though.
>Is PS3 region-locked?
No.
>>
You might like the Yakuza games.
>>
>>342432640

not OP, but what's the most common PS3 model that I can buy for it to be piratable? Preferably its a slim.

Thanks
>>
>>342433825
>The slim has a lower failure rate over the super-slim?
No, they're probably about the same but the super slim is noisier when using Blu-ray drive.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.