[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Battleborn the blunder of the century?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: battle.jpg (203 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
battle.jpg
203 KB, 1200x628
Is Battleborn the blunder of the century?
>>
>>342419245
Yes and I love shitting on it because gearbox is such a pile of shit. Opposing force was a fucking fluke
>>
File: memes and more memes.jpg (775 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
memes and more memes.jpg
775 KB, 1920x1080
>>342419245
>the blunder of the century

That will be ToR and will forever be ToR. People will always make the "But at least ToR was X" because they're fucking stupid. ToR was an absolutely generic-mmo that managed to bomb despite having the Star Wars license and Bioware at the helm. It's literally a normie magnet but it dropped the ball on retention so hard that it went free to play faster than your mom started to regret her pregnancy. It was also a storm of some of the worst production values coupled with absurdly bad PR and one of the most autistic fanbases you could find.

ToR was so bad and so hilariously blunder-filled that it spawned this stupid meme you're using right now. It was so bad that it ruined /v/ permanently and has led towards an eternal trend of trying to shitpost games and hope they sink.
>>
>>342421109

>TOR
>blunder

You paid too much attention to the memes. The game turned a profit. Is it a mediocre at best game? Yes, but they salvaged it at least financially.
>>
>>342419245
Did you forget Evolve?
>>
>>342421242
yeah pretty much. I dont care for the game, but I love their cg trailers shit
>>
>>342421336

Evolve was also profitable.

I swear, /v/ has overused the term blunder for far too long. If it didn't result in a financial loss, people getting fired, and/or an IP or even a studio being closed off it isn't a blunder.
>>
>>342421242
>ToR
>not a blunder

A blunder is many things anon, Battleborn selling like trash is a bomb, but a blunder is so much more. ToR went down with Bioware's reputation and produced some of the finest shitposting in the history of this site. It's an example of what not to do when managing an mmo and it's free-to-play model now is still worth going back to for the occasional laugh.

Battleborn is just a shit game with bad art, bad marketing, and a bad decision to come out when Overwatch was going to rule.

ToR was a star wars mmo with the Knights of the Old Republic universe tied to it, headed by Bioware, and it still managed to fuck up in even single way but cutting it even.
>>
>>342421794
>reputation

It's cute people still think this is important. EA, Activision, Bethseda, etc have made mediocre games and have shoved anti-consumer practice after anti-consumer practice down people's throats yet they still line up to buy their games.

Remember when EA got Consumer Report's two years in a row after the TOR and ME3 shitshow? Their stock is up over 600% since then.
>>
>>342422214

*worst company in America "award" two years in a row
>>
File: The salt is real.png (111 KB, 1256x725) Image search: [Google]
The salt is real.png
111 KB, 1256x725
>>342419245
>>
File: 5132132132155.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
5132132132155.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>342423959
God damn, it's a good thing I took my blood pressure medication today.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.