[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone have tips for playing this thing? Bought it since it is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 2
anyone have tips for playing this thing? Bought it since it is dirt cheap but
>get into match
>run towards objectives
>spawn on squad members
>get killed by chopper
>get killed by tank
>get killed by sniper

It was like, I respawn and one of two things would happen: I get instantly killed or I run towards the action for 2 minutes and then I instantly die once I reach it.
Normally I can get the hang of a game just fine, but I just wasted a full hour not having fun
>>
git gud

You're kinda supposed to die a lot in this game if you're infantry.
>>
>>342367919
Positioning is really important if fighting vehicles, especially if you don't have good anti vehicle weapons unlocked. Never take the most obvious path to an objective, that's where most snipers and vehicles will be looking.
>>
>>342368072

Dis.
>>
Well you gotta have the right weapons, don't expect to blow up a tank with a grenade or shit like that, just run the other way if you don't have the right shit.

Same with choppers, I would say it's kinda "realistic" but as far a snipers, don't fucking go thru the easy route on no man's land pleb.
>>
>>342367919
Play conservative, take potshots at spotted enemies in the distance, kiss the ground if you're getting hit and hope you dont get spotted long enough for them to kill you.
Don't move on the open unless you're 100% positive the area is secure.
Stick to players with good stats and support them. They probably know the map so copy them.
This game has a whole lot of nothing going on but it's better to do nothing alive than waiting on the respawn screen.
>>
>>342367919
it's not like COD, faggo. You don't just speed run out in the open onto the objective. You run to the objective and when you're in the area, you look for cover or flanking areas.
>>
>>342367919
This game isn't about KDR like that shit fest COD. Obviously you don't wanna die all the time, but SPM (score/points per minute) and skill are more important. This is the alpha of all FPS wartime games. Plus if you're just starting you're gonna die ALOT while you learn the maps and the features, plus your first set of weapons are shit, take times to learn and understand the dynamics of the gameplay but once you do you'll never be a COD fag again

My stats:
Kdr - 0.94
Skill- 317
SPM/PPM- 1, 117

I'm not a big killing guy, but I always finish in the upper ranks, only lvl 37 as I restarted after recently purchasing a ps4, can't wait till BF one
>>
>>342367919
FLIR SCOPES ONLY
its basically wallhacks
also turn graphics way down and you can see through bushes
>>
>>342369548
>>342369723
I jumped straight out of Overwatch and DOOM into this, I have not played COD in ages.
I see that gitting gud in this game will take patience. I was used to some fairly instant gratification, so I guess I have to bunker down
>>
>>342369723
Also want to add this game is about teamwork, lone wolf hero's die fast, your squad should compliment each other. And spot everything you see, too many retards don't spot
>>
>>342368072
>You're kinda supposed to die a lot in this game if you're infantry.
This is what bad players say to feel better about themselves
Really, its not that fucking hard to avoid getting fucked by tanks or choppers. Knowing the maps alone lets you avoid all of that without issue.
Better yet, become an engineer or a recon and blow those things up so they don't bother you anymore
>>
>>342369908
Fuck this guy, he sucks so he uses cheap tricks to counter act his shitty skills
>>
>>342367919
>Spotting
>Cover
>Teamwork

Death has no meaning in conquest except mild annoyance. Also if enemy has air superiority switch to AA weapons. If enemy has tanks get AT weapons, If there are bunch of tanks/ APCs sitting in your base get them. Think what you could do to get out of this sticky situation, counter the stuff.
>>
Learn the maps, where people move and what places are the biggest bottlenecks and killzones

Learn your weapons and stick with something you enjoy.

Use vehicles when you can and learn how to use them effectively.

Always strive to go to gunfights at full 100% health

Spam health boxes and ammo boxes, even if the players you're giving it to don't need it right now. Revive when its safe, and do it slowly so they dont respawn at 20% health.

Most of all work as a team. If you see like 20 red triangles on one flag, don't fucking go there. Better yet, let them come to you where you know what to expect and what to look for
>>
>>342367919
Use shotgun on lockdown. Use overpowered Assault rifle that they gave everyone for every other map.
>>
God mode loadouts

Assault-
FAMAS with potato grip, heavy barrel and coyote sight. Cz75 pistol, defibs, medical bag, flashbang or smoke, combat medic field upgrade

Engineer- UMP 45 with heavy barrel and coyote sight. Cz75 sidearm with ghost rings, ego impact or standard frag grenades, smaw or javelin, repair torch
>>
honestly didn't expect /v/ to post such helpful answers. Thanks you guys.
>>
>>342370943
Only newbs use shotguns on locker, I'll flank your team and you get stabbed first :)
>>
>>342371261
>FAMAS
Complete poop at longer ranges, and the reload time is pretty bad too
I do best with the M16A4 and it easily picks off people from long distance too.
>>
>>342371364
>flanking
>using a knife
Its not like you want a 15 man spray down, and instead want 1 dog tag and then 20 different bullets to your face

Knifing takes fucking YEARS in this game, BC2 was the best with its knives
>>
Are you playing this game to kill people or to win?

If you're playing to kill people you will have fun. Just get your vehicle/sniper rifle of choice and pick people off who are foolish enough to play to win.

If you are playing to actually complete objectives and win, well, good luck with that. 90% of the time most of your teammates will be guys who could care less about winning, leaving you to die over and over again while being the only guy trying to take the objective.
>>
>>342371356
Start as an assault/ medic. Stick with your squad, keep them alive and healed, be smart not every target is worth shooting at. Fire as a group, even if you don't get the kill, you'll get assists and USR YOUR XP BOOSTERS! Eventually you'll unlock the m416, that's a beast gun for close to mid range engagements, use that till you get real good with it and can take up to three guys on a mag, then move up to the FAMAS. Also don't let your gun run dry, it takes longer to reload an empty gun than one that is already in the chamber. Also don't be afraid to pull out the sidearm to finish off the kill.

Be playing bf since bad company, there isn't any fps that even comes close to it
>>
>>342371529
Yeah its not for long range for sure, but close to mid its fucking lethal, but that mag size :( m416 is that second choice followed by an94
>>
>>342371631
I'll trade the death to knife the saiga fag in locker happily ;)
>>
>>342371906
That's why mics and playing with the same group of guys makes a huge difference. One squad of guysbworking together can dominate any map filled with guys who just want the kill
>>
>>342372545
but i don't want to join a clan and have to put [xxl33tsc0pesxx] in my name

it's just too much faggotry
>>
>use recon
>Got good kills
>suddenly 5 more use recon too
>none can counter air and vehicle no more
>Just got 1 point area left to defend
Everytime
>>
Learn the maps and know where to go to minimize the risk of meeting a vehicle or being spotted by one.
>>
>>342372863
Don't need to join a clan, just play with your buddies and mic up, I don't do yhe clan/ platoon thing
>>
>>342372954
Hate recon, unless I'm using it to spawn and put a red dot on the rifle, yeah I'm that guy lol

Assaulting with a bolt action and a red dot is fun, but not easy
>>
>>342369723
Or you can learn how to fly and maintain a 2.something kda with twice the score per min.
>>
You get the m416 pretty early on so just play smart and take cover. BF is about map position more than twitch shooting.
>>
>>342373420
Good in scout or attack heli, worthless in a plane so I don't use it, I leave them alone for the guys who actually know how to fly them. Usually I can never get into a heli because some faggot is flying it as high as possible, I fly them low n fast
>>
>>342371364
>implying suicide shotgun running into the other team isn't the most fun and effective way to open up weak spots in enemy defense.
I'll die 3 times without any kills at all but that fourth time I'll run through half your team
>>
>>342367919
Choppers will ruin your day any time you're not in a building if your team's AA is shit or stolen

If you get killed by a tank it's your fault for not seeing it first

If you get killed by a sniper you're staying still for too long or not zigzagging out of habit when running across large open spaces

Watch your squadmate's cam for a few seconds before spawning on him to see if you'll spawn into danger

Every point you control should have a jeep on it to travel to another point quickly. if your team isn't getting rolled there should be plenty of spawns close to the action. Swap through squads until you find one that isn't shit.

When trying to take or defend an objective, stop running around in the open and move through cover only. If you're not capping it or the bar isn't moving, there's enemy on the point. Try to wait for a squadmate before hunting them down, but don't take too long because they can have squadmates too. Stay close to cover while surveying for enemy before moving somewhere. One-shot kills are relatively rare, so if you're getting killed quick by enemy infantry you're not using cover correctly or not checking behind you regularly enough.

Learn to watch the minimap, spot your targets, pick your battles, take cover when shot at, and move unpredictably.
>>
>>342373701
Yeah maybe, but shotguns on locker is weak sauce n u know this maaaaaan
>>
>>342368072
You only die alot as infantry if none of your teamates bother to take out the other tanks/choppers. Solo infantry has been viable since BC2. Just take cover and don't run in like an idiot.
>>
>>342373946
This guy gets it....SPOT EVERYTHING, my buddy recently started playing, I can tell him enough, spot everything you see and don't shoot at everything you see
>>
>>342373950
The saiga and the other one that's exactly like it but with more range are possibly the best weapons in the game
>>
Hate the fact that guns like the P90 or whatever it's called at locked behind the shit campaign. Also .44 I best handgun.
>>
When I use scoped weapons pressing V switches a number on the bottom of the screen between 100, 200, 300, etc. I'd guess that this is adjusting the scope for range but I don't see any difference in the scope.
V is the key I use for switching between semi-auto/full auto.
>>
>>342376616
that's the zero, or the distance at which the bullet will hit the center of your crosshair

100m is fine, the dots for holdover at farther distances are plenty useful and you're being a shit team player if you're taking regular shots past 200m anyways.
>>
>>342376616
That's for bullet drop, you set the range for how far your target is, then you don't have to compensate by aiming high
>>
>>342376616
Bullets actually have drop and speed in BF games so it helps for super long range as fuck shots.
>>
>>342376259
>tfw can't aim good enough to get regular headshots with it
>tfw everyone on pistol only maps uses it
>>
>>342377339
I always says there's only two types of people who play recon, REALLY good players who are effective and spot everything and counter snipe or REALLY shitty players who you're mad that they aren't helping, I usually lay in front of their scope or jump around in circles shorting in the air so we both die, I stop doing it when they leave the server or they switch their loadout
>>
>>342377459
772 is my farthest headshot
>>
>>342377339
If the enemy team is held up really tight at some flag and you have clear sight at them, why not take long range snipes? Its not like sniping is that difficult anyways
>>
>>342377686
Seriously, spot everything you ducking see. Free points and it helps the entire team especially the guys in helicopters and tanks
>>
>>342377940
Nothing

But if you're doing it regularly, you're probably sitting in spawn and taking potshots at people across the map
>>
>>342377880
Not that anon, but mine is 1067
I wanna get it higher but a lot of the maps are impossible to get better shots on.
Caspian Border is fun as long as people don't blow up the tower
>>
>>342367919
There are no tips.

Camp all vehicles spawns.

Or be a sniper .

You will no matter what any faggot tells you die endless you are either whoring with vehicles its a meme game.
>>
>>342377952
I spot out of habit, I spot my own kills :/ thats how habitually I spot. Same with aiming down the sight, I never hip fire
>>
>>342378057
Haven't played Caspian since bf3....or metro
>>
File: 1466474167715.webm (3 MB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
1466474167715.webm
3 MB, 800x449
Use the Ace 23 with stubby grip and compensator and let it carry you through the game.

All you need to do is learn the maps and the good weapon attachments and shit.

AEK, ACE23, M416, SCARH, ACWR, MG4, etc.

Only sidearms worth using are the 93R, Glock18, Magnum .44 and Desert Eagle, everything else is underpowered compared to these.

Really just learn the maps and recoil control? Idk the game is easy as fuck.
>>
>>342378103
Hipfire at extreme close range is actually more effective than aiming down sights, just so you know.

Hipfire with a laser is extremely good in BF4, and almost nobody knows for some reason.
>>
>>342378079
Sniping isn't even the best way to get kills as infantry in modern BF anyways. Especially in BF4 where the assault class is OP as fuck.
>>
>>342378057
Hanian resort has some pretty long range shots, but I don't know if its long enough for what you want. Also zavod if you get on the side with the satellite tower, you can see Into their base
>>
>>342378431
I think its just mechanical habit
>>
>>342378645
Break that habit and you'll win a lot more close range fights, trust me.

Knowing when to hipfire and how will actually make you a lot better at the game, it's unbelievable.
>>
>>342378315
Cz75 has awesome stop n drop power but recoil is rough and reduces TOT
>>
>>342378765
I'll try cuz I'm not great but I'm a better than most player, I'll try since the FAMAS is my wep of choice
>>
>>342367919
Play rush and then conquest

Rush is bullshit but it's faster and you'll get used to the mechanics quicker
>>
>>342378431
I've killed enough people who I've only seen because of their laser that I'm too scared to use one
>>
>>342379239
Turn it off when you aren't in a building or CQC map. It's not hard brah.
>>
>>342378936
Try the ergo grip and compensator on the FAMAS if you want to improve with it.

>>342378816
The CZ is good but it's simply outclassed by the burst fire and automatic sidearms, as well as a well placed .44 shot.

Really there is not much reason to use anything other than the 93R and the G18 since you can argue that at the point where they stop being accurate their pistol damage model makes them ineffective anyway so you don't gain anything from using a semi automatic pistol over an automatic one.

t. 4k kills with G18 and 93R
>>
>>342367919

Yep. This is what the game is. It's pure fucking chaos. By giving the ability to spawn pretty much wherever you want they have turn the game in to a chaotic frag fest.
>>
>>342379550
I don't think you've played a Battlefield game
>>
>>342369301
>spotted enemies

lol casual
>>
only thing that sucks about this game is unlocks, I got like 15 hours in so far and I dont have jackshit on vehicles and my support/sniper class are dogshit. Shit takes way too long to unlock and I aint gonna shill 15 bucks to get each weapon set. First sniper is so bad, rof is 5 years and the damn thing has no range
>>
>>342379685
>he plays memecore mode
>>
>>342379849
The CS-LR4 is one of the best snipers in the game after the patches. git gud. It has the best bullet velocity for snipers next to the JNG.
>>
>>342379849
They give XP boosts out like candy and every weekend is double XP, which stacks with XP boosts

Also I never had trouble unlocking everything, the only pain is weapon attachments. For vehicles just hop into occupied tanks and attack helicopters for a few games. I unlocked everything for attack helicopters in literally one normal game while gunning for a skilled pilot. Not sure about tanks because I actually wanted to be a good tanker. Tanks are good shit.
>>
>>342379938
If you play normal you are a pathetic weak casual faggot, without a doubt. It's literally easy mode for little babies.
>>
>>342367919
second assault is free right now
>>
>>342379938
Hardcore is hella fun, though.
>>
>>342382569
Nice, cheers
>>
>>342382825
Sometimes it is a nice change of pace but the fact that you die in 1-3 shots sucks ass. Makes Recon/DMRs way to good aswell. The no dorito spotting is nice though. Sniping people with the magnum is fucking hilarious though lmao.
>>
>>342373409
I'm a DRM kind of guy myself. Also Spawn Beacons near objectives and sensor balls or C4 and tactical scope to make enemy vehicles and aircrafts shit themselves when I hold that laser on them.
>>
If you suck at controlling recoil, you can use the SAR-21. It sure has a low rate of fire, but that thing is very stable. Just don't go into CQC with it, this gun works best at mid and somewhat long range. Also burst or tap fire everytime.

As an engineer, you can board a friendly tank and do a lot of repair. Keep a tank alive with an effective driver is a way to score a lot of points.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.