[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2006: Gamers and video games sites were making fun of him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 38
File: 628x471.jpg (41 KB, 321x457) Image search: [Google]
628x471.jpg
41 KB, 321x457
>2006: Gamers and video games sites were making fun of him
>2016: Gamers and video games sites became like him and even worse

What went wrong?
>>
people who flunked out of journalism school started working for video game sites and used their shitty Critical Analysis theories on the games they were reviewing.

Video games make more money than tv, movies or books right now, but most writers don't want to have the stigma of writing for and about "toys for manchildren". So instead they push to make video games more like tv and film, and praise them accordingly
>>
He wanted to cease production of video games all together. Modern journalists just want niggers and women in everything
>>
>>342364602
Resorting to clickbait shit while their way of life gets eaten alive by Let's Plays and Twitch.

See, the thing is that for all that we call those chucklefucks SJW's, they don't believe any of that shit. They figured that emotional manipulation by virtue signaling was the most effective way to get them money when their previous strategy stopped working. Same goes with Anita, it's metagaming real life.
>>
>tfw Jack Thompson had more sound arguments than today's SJW nonsense
>he consistently got laughed out of court while people actually take the latter seriously
You're goddamn right I miss him
>>
>>342364602
even worse? i'm not sure if you remember but he literally wanted to get video games banned from being sold in the US.
>>
If it makes money of course they will

Welcome to the real world, son
>>
>Gamers are too brain-impaired to get it," he told us. We attempted to make our case again, explaining the best way to address gamers would not be to insult them and "call them brain-impaired."

>"They should be insulted, just as Jesus insulted the Pharisees. The problem with gamers is that their addiction has made them retarded," he told us. "Have a nice and stupid day."
>>
>>342364602
We all grew up
>>
>>342365351
Holy shit, this. Everyone takes the moralizing/politics stuff at face-value without considering that it's just another way to stay in business by appealing to people's emotions.
>>
>>342365846
By "grew up" you mean turning into crybabies that get offended even with their shadows?
>>
>>342366083
I think it helps that some of them like Jessica Valenti and Patricia Hernandez are genuine believers, while chucklefucks like Jason Schreier are just doing it for the clicks
>>
File: Fuck the Dog.jpg (92 KB, 800x670) Image search: [Google]
Fuck the Dog.jpg
92 KB, 800x670
>>342364602
At the very moment GamerShit invited Jack Thompson for fighting against "video game" ""journalists"", I couldn't take this shit seriously anymore.

The GamerShit was nothing else but "OMG THERE ARE REACTIONARY/PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE IN THE VIDEO GAMES [COMMUNITY], THE HORROR THE HORROR!!!" autism.
>>
>>342366948
Source?
>>
>>342364602
jack thompson was right wing, current censorship brigades are left wing

they find it okay now because it's their people doing it
>>
>>342367327
yeah, nobody is more hypocritical than modern leftists. at least conservatives embrace the strict nature of their beliefs.
>>
>>342365707
are you implying he's not right? just look around you, this place is full of bumbling retards, and other 'gaming' communities are much worse!

i still prefer to be called a retard by an upfront rude man like thompson to being belittled and ridiculed over leftist newspeak nonsense like privilege and rape culture.
>>
>>342367163
http://www.cgmagonline.com/2014/11/20/gamergate-documentary-makers-recruit-jack-thompson/
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/GamerGaters/discussions/0/624075482701132891/
It's actually more documentary makers for a pro-Gamershit documentary than the GamerShit itself but still I think you will have no problem to understand my point...
>>
>>342366948
I wouldn't be surprised if that's true considering that hack blogger fuck Milo got involved with that scene.
>>
>>342364602

Print died, which required you to hold actual qualifications.
>>
>>342364602
The left became the right but instead of Jesus it's privilege
>>
>Left wing people claiming to be progressive
>They censor more stuff than right wing people
At least right wing people have the balls to admit that they are conservative.
>>
>>342367740
>>342366948
>Saying "Gamershit" unironically

Kys cuck
>>
>>342367883
i still don't get why everybody subscribes to these associations of
>right wing = opression and censorship
>left wing = freedom and liberty
when everywhere around the world you can observe the exact opposite in practice
>>
>>342364909
>Class of '82
>I'm a builder
>I work in a hospital helping disabled children
>I review videogames on the internet.

My life is a joke but I'm glad I'm not a videogame journalist
>>
>>342367943
Joke on you I hate all the whole Gameshit, Anti and Pro.
>>
>>342367883
Both sides just got more ingrained into their ideologies' own tenets. The right began to focus more on conservative values like limited government involvement while the left became more active in having government control over things like the economy and people's rights.
>>
File: ben_kuchera.jpg (17 KB, 326x326) Image search: [Google]
ben_kuchera.jpg
17 KB, 326x326
>>342367740
>>342366948
>Gamershit

You are pathetic
>>
File: 2411843-655251.jpg (222 KB, 970x453) Image search: [Google]
2411843-655251.jpg
222 KB, 970x453
>>
File: 1465834762342.gif (3 MB, 417x468) Image search: [Google]
1465834762342.gif
3 MB, 417x468
>>342367740
>Source:Youtube
>>
>>342364602
Vidya is still a young industry that most people don't take seriously. There are no standards for journalism or anything else because vidya is viewed as either glorified toys or watered-down movies by the mainstream, which is a view some people within the industry have adapted as well *cough* EA. Fuckers like Anita Sarkesian and Milo Yunnopolis could never cut it as real journalists so they just exploit the latest stupid vidya controversy of the moment. They are hack ""'"'journalists"""" in the truest sense of the word.
>>
File: 1457306078458.png (320 KB, 834x938) Image search: [Google]
1457306078458.png
320 KB, 834x938
>>342366948
>>342368248
>>
>>342365707
How can one man be so right?
>>
He was right.
>>
>>342367883

The difference is that a vast majority of what you'd call "left wing" people don't support censorship, it's more of a younger, more radical splinter of left-wingers. The "oppressive" ideals of the right are much more widely accepted among the less outright radical. That said, both are quite dangerous. The right's push against social "degeneracy" impedes civil rights, just as the left's push against offensive behavior/speech. Both sides have a problem when it comes to personal freedom, especially concerning right to privacy/illegal search/surveillance matters. Boiling it down to "one side is bad" just clouds the reality that most people are just looking for whatever side agrees with whatever they think right now, not whatever is objectively right for the most people or ethically right in terms of affording the rights guaranteed to us.
>>
Ten years ago Jack Thompson was threatening legal action against anyone making serious paper, and conservative columnists were describing Mass Effect as "virtual orgasmic rape". That was a time when many of us did feel like games culture was 'under attack', and games journalists everywhere came out to defend it - here's your head Dorito-pusher Geoff Keighley himself defending Mass Effect on Fox News.

What I've come to realise over the last week is that gaming's shrieking mob of patriots view people like Anita Sarkeesian as a similar 'threat'. The language used to talk about concepts like "rape culture" is, for most people, indistinguishable from wild hyperbole like "virtual orgasmic rape". I'll admit: the first time I heard the phrase "rape culture" it sounded ridiculous, but having read more into the subject I can now at least understand it as a concept. Similar to the phrase "gaming widow" it conveys a web of ideas that aren't easily captured in a face value reading. To the gaming patriots, she's just another boogeyman coming to make baseless accusations about something she knows nothing about.

And the thing is, they're totally wrong.

For one thing, when people like Jack Thompson and Fox News say shit about games, it carries the legitimate threat of power. Jack Thompson was an actual lawyer who was actually campaigning to get certain things banned. That element of legal power makes it a legitimate issue of censorship, which... well, we take a nuanced stance on in Europe, but opposes the sacred value of free speech in the US. Fox News is a large broadcasting company which influences the opinions of millions of voters, and misleading them on the 'threat' games pose could affect things like whether or not they vote for a politician who runs on an anti-'videogame violence' platform. Aside from the censorship issue, it also just muddles popular discourse about games with a load of misleading bullshit.
>>
File: 1365524577761.jpg (632 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1365524577761.jpg
632 KB, 1280x1920
As much shit as Jack got, he legit thought he was doing the right thing.
Macintosh and his butt buddy brigade brute forced their way into the industry using daddy's money because they want to be in control.
>>
Is anyone else just really depressed about this shit? Games and people have changed so much in the last 10 years, and all in the most shitty ways. Everyone is obsessed with politics now, gamestake forever to come out, and companies are more interested in gimmicky ways to play games than the games themselves.

I miss enjoying things.
>>
Because its CURRENT YEAR.
>>
>>342369128
Anita Sarkeesian is a cultural critic. Her videos are clear and rational, and frankly they often just spell out things most gamers come to realise for themselves over time. She has no power to censor anything, nor does she aspire to do so. Her work brings a lot of new concepts into our cultural discourse which are alien to most people in the gaming community. If you really want to criticise her videos then you should approach them from the angle of how well she employs feminist theory, not by nit-picking over production details

A few days ago I noticed some guy on Twitter saying something like "Why does Anita Sarkeesian think she has any right to tell people what to put in their games? You never get this with books or movies"

I broke my usual rule and engaged with this guy, sending him a link to Amazon search results to show that there are actually hundreds, thousands of books of cultural critcism of cinema, and we had a little chat about criticism - what it actually is, etc. It was bizarre! His argument was that nobody should ever have the right to tell game developers what to put in their games. I said that nobody was telling game developers what to put in their games - Anita's videos simply examine their games from a feminist perspective, which can then feed back and give designers a broader understanding of their own work. He said that artists expand their understanding of the world by watching films and reading books and stuff... but he still seemed resolutely opposed to people like Anita making videos that specifically serve that exact purpose?!?!
>>
>>342369129
Spooked me.
>>
>>342369235
Anita Sarkeesian is not a threat to gaming by any stretch of the imagination. In my opinion her presence is highly beneficial, and it also reflects videogames' growing cultural acceptance. It shows that videogames are being taken more seriously, that they are gaining cultural legitimacy. This is something that many of us have been pushing towards for a very long time, and to have this weird little subculture jump out to try and 'defend' gaming from its own natural maturity is in equal parts heartbreaking and farcical. They will fail. They will fail for the same reason that Jack Thompson failed - because gamers are growing older every year, games culture is steadily spreading out across the mainstream, and it cannot be forced into a box by a vocal minority. They are a shower of Cnuts trying to hold back a tide they can't even conceive.

Every single element of this sorry escapade points me back to the same conclusion: They are young and full of vim, and we are old and slightly less ignorant.

How are you supposed to discuss cultural criticism with someone who genuinely believes that nobody should have the right to comment on a piece of art for fear of somehow tainting the sanctity of the artist's original vision? Or people who think that a games journalist being friends with a game developer is on par with Watergate? How is any adult human being supposed to 'hear both sides of the story' when one side is an egg avatar moralising about a grown woman's personal life?
>>
Jack Thompson was hired by Rockstar to create controversy for publicity's sake.

Of course, he's not allowed to talk about it, but he's always been on their payroll.
>>
>>342367696

Look at any board on 4chan; just because it's preferable to be called a stupid name that everyone knows is stupid doesn't make him any more right, just less threatening.
>>
>>342369329
Gamers have grown up and diversified, to the point where there is no single 'gamer' identity. The passage of time means that those of us who grew up playing games in the 80's - or earlier - are now grown-ass human beings with a wider range of interests, a broader understanding of the world, and a few personal responsibilities that are a bit more important than defending Grand Theft Auto's honour. We never stopped playing games. The culture war is over and, inevitably, we won. Our victory came on the back of Wii Sports, seven years ago. The cultural acceptance that young gamers enjoy today is the result of our work over the last two or three decades. You're welcome.
>>
>>342366948
>GG invited Jack Thompson

Why do people think this happened? Literally all that happened was Jack criticized Anita and GG went "Wow even Jack Thompson thinks Anita is full of shit. Thats hilarious."
>>
File: 1466440972661.jpg (55 KB, 800x648) Image search: [Google]
1466440972661.jpg
55 KB, 800x648
>>342367943
>>342368334
>>342368924
>GaymerGayters think they're in good company here
Fuck off and die, you niggers are just as obnoxious and preachy as the SJWs are. That whole controversy was retarded and barely anything to do with vidya.
>>>/8gag/
>>>/Twitter/
>>
>>342369084
>The difference is that a vast majority of what you'd call "left wing" people don't support censorship, it's more of a younger, more radical splinter of left-wingers.

Thats why they have direct support from people in their 30's/40's like trudeau, obama and merkel as well as their entire cabinet of equally middle aged people?
>>
>>342369463
>>
>>342368367
If they had any balls they wouldn't say racist but sexist.
>>
>>342365087
Modern journalists are currently attacking "toxic mascluinity" and the glorification of violence. They want to end videogames just as badly as he did.
>>
>>342367746

It's kind of sad how easily people unquestioningly accept support and return it without looking into these people. The guy thrives entirely on being provocative, generally without substance or insight beyond some kind of braindead zinger. Of course, on Twitter, that's the equivalent of a dissertation.
>>
File: 634624634.png (62 KB, 332x322) Image search: [Google]
634624634.png
62 KB, 332x322
>>342369463
>Being anti-anti-GG makes you GG

WeW
>>
File: 1446165126150.jpg (9 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
1446165126150.jpg
9 KB, 215x234
>>342369084
>The difference is that a vast majority of what you'd call "left wing" people don't support censorship
The real left-right split in the US is between federalists and anti-federalists and goes back to Jefferson and Hamilton.

Federalists want:
-centralized control
-no individual rights

Anti-federalists want:
-local control
-individual rights

Leftists are anti-liberty. The future for leftism is Europe. In Europe you have:
-no right to bear arms
-no right to free speech

The US right wing has always been the liberty-oriented party because you need state control for any commie bullshit.
>>
>>342364602
Jack Thompson wanted games made by western publishers banned, that hurts the bottom line.

Anita and the rest of the PC Police either only target foreign games or simply want them changed to become More Inclusive, which if you're a suit that doesn't know any better means more people will want to buy your game.

It's always about who gets money, it has nothing to do with the "left wing" or "right wing" nonsense american politics uses to pretend you have a choice.
>>
>>342368053
blame the religious right

even if they're largely dead, their ghost still haunts the party
>>
>>342364602
>Gamers became like him and even worse
>gamers
lol

These SJW clickbait writers aren't gamers, they have no interest in the medium besides pointing out what they think is wrong with it. Liberals were always like this.
>>
File: Leland Yee.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Leland Yee.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Remember me?
>>
>>342369613

I'm not sure what you're referring to- when has Obama supported direct impediment to free speech? He and any other president will allow the expansion of surveillance, as I don't think that's entirely possible for them to do given the size, scope and interests contained in our intelligence industry. It kind of sounds like you're trying to angle towards completely different issues with the leaders you mentioned, so why not come out and say it so we can all see what you're really worried about?
>>
>>342364602

>What went wrong?

Attentionwhores and normies were allowed on the internet thanks to the social media and smartphones.
>>
>>342369128
Here's the thing, and as much as that dissertation you wrote will garnish replies, this could all easily be defused with:

If you don't like the games that offend you, don't play them. This could also be said for movies and music as well.
>>
>>342369857

>More Inclusive

How does whining about violent video games being violent make games more inclusive? They can always play The Witness or whatever still.
>>
>>342367327
>jack thompson was right wing
Confirmed for being underage and/or retarded.
>>
>>342369431
shut up homo
>>
File: 5645645658.jpg (102 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
5645645658.jpg
102 KB, 600x800
>>342369235
>A few days ago I noticed some guy on Twitter
>on Twitter
>>
>>342369949
Kotaku was making fun of Jack Thompson when it wasn't the radical leftist clickbait site it is now. And just check out games forum like NeoGAF which is full of SJWs. Even 4chan has been affected by this bullshit with moot turning into a cuck for the sake of his SJW girlfriend.
>>
>>342370071
>and as much as that dissertation you wrote will garnish replies

It's copy pasta
>>
>>342369235
>she has no power to censor
Her following has created enough pressure for developers to cave in to their complaints. The Overwatch Tracer pose is the most recent example I can cite. Not only did they remove it, they add a butch dyke character to appease them. She doesn't have legal power like Thompson, but a vocal majority of drones is all you need to change things.
>>
>>342369235
>>342369329
>>342369431
this
>>
The biggest threat to good videogames is eSports. Just wait...soon all your games will be built around the twitch audience. 12 year old American boys with ADHD. But wait! There's the alternative demographic for those not into eSports!. 25 year old fangirls who watch Doctor Who. Enjoy your games with roughly the same cultural value as an episode of supernatural.
>>
>>342370413
Devs doing x in response to criticism isn't censorship, it's public relations.

Petitions and twitter campaigns are the exact same thing.
>>
>>342369773

Reductionist to a ridiculous degree, but I appreciate a fleshed out idea of the history behind your views at least. The problem with what you've said is that those are never the only concerns of any politician besides someone attempting to seize power. "Local control" doesn't necessarily shake out to mean individual rights- go ahead and see the civil rights movement for why this can be something of a sticking point, when a decent majority believe something stupid this enables the deprivation of rights. The US right wing is now a small percentage of "alt-right" fuckwits who reject any science that does not agree with them, a large percentage of slowly-centralizing Christian and gun rights panderers, and another small percentage of people so vanilla you have to see the letter by their name to tell their affiliation. That's clearly not singularly the party of liberty. By the same token I believe there's a large majority of left-wing people who don't really care about the data about gun control and believe their solution will work and will work tirelessly to see if it does. Does that make them the anti-liberty "side"? No, it just makes them like 95% of other people, much more ready to confirm biases than to incorporate new knowledge.
>>
>>342370551

Then why are we always ignored when we respond to said criticism with "No its fine don't change it"?
>>
>>342364602
Get the fuck out gator scum. Go back to 8cuck.
>>
>>342370491
anon the world's biggest esport is full of vidya tropes and cliches I don't think you need to worry about the content being censored on account of american teenagers
>>
>>342370618
Cause they know you fucks will eat that shit up no matter what they do. Look at the 5 billion Overwatch threads we get daily.

Also, /v/ (and most of the "hardcore" audience) is a fucking tiny minority compared to the normies and casuals that actually make up the main gaming audience.
>>
>>342366490
We crew up while the babies of our day became super fags.
>>
>>342369773
The Founding Fathers were almost universally liberals (in the Locke sense), they just disagreed on how to implement liberalism. So first, the current US government was created after the initial, actually decentralized government failed. It was clear to everyone at the Constitutional Convention that a more centralized government was necessary. As for the federalists versus the democratic-republicans, their main disagreement was basically about the Ninth Amendment: federalists thought the Constitution was an implicit limit on federal power, since it enumerates powers, while democratic-republicans wanted explicit protections for certain things. The federalists believed that enumerating protections (the first eight amendments) would make people think that's an exhaustive list of rights, so they were opposed to even making the Bill of Rights because they predicted exactly what happened: nowadays, in order to assert a right to a court, you have to argue how it falls under an amendment to the Constitution. Which is absolutely insane if you think about it.
>>
>>342370551
>It's not censorship, we'll just ruin your job if you disagree with us
>>
>>342370190
>Moot
>Girlfriend

I think it's cute how you still believe this
>>
>>342370671
if you don't be careful, /pol/ is going to start raiding tumblr again
>>
>>342369865

Now we have the alt-right internet tears junkies to carry on their legacy of not allowing the right to move on and become respectable! And this confuses the career politicians, you can see in their strange, strained relations with Trump- they clearly are horrified at many things he says, but are so bound to their party baggage that they have to defend him. The party loyalty and unity line means both parties have to claw tooth and nail just to make any sort of progress- so I can't imagine how long it will be before the religious right's power wanes over the party.
>>
File: video game journalism.png (953 KB, 844x586) Image search: [Google]
video game journalism.png
953 KB, 844x586
>>342365846
If only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UujtfN7hCdo
>>
>>342370006
Isn't that the guy that got caught selling illegal weapons to mexican cartels?>>342370006
>>
you seem confused about the media.
when left does it = good.
when right does it = bad.
>>
>>342370758

And the feminist whiners are an even smaller minority to the normies and casuals.
>>
>>342370838
It isn't censorship, it's customers complaining to the company and the company responding accordingly.

>inb4 SJWs aren't customers

As much as /v/ hates to admit it a large degree of normies (and by normies I mean the 15-25 year old left-leaning demographic that makes up the video game market do give a fuck about social justice.
>>
File: 6d9.png (329 KB, 680x697) Image search: [Google]
6d9.png
329 KB, 680x697
>>342367943
>>342368334
>niGGers will forever be in denial that their shit """""""movement""""""" was nothing more than trying anything to spite SJW's and only giving them free publicity
Who invited you cripplechan shitters anyway. Go back to your ghost town of a board.
>you will never get those 50k back
>>
>>342371042
Yup. But before that he was one of the biggest proponents of banning the sale of violent games until the supreme court told him to stop being a little bitch
>>
>>342369129
he thought he was jump starting his political career that is all he was doing 100%. Its the same thing Janet Reno did with pedos. Find some low hanging fruit, go on a crusade, crucify some people, then its off to washington. Problem is Jack lost his case. This happens a million times a day in the law business its how you get ahead.
>>
I wish I had a sealed copy of vice city for ps2
that game was my life for a time
>>
>>342370819
Even with the bill of rights, the constitution says the bill of rights are not exhaustive and shouldn't be construed to limit individual rights. Without the bill of rights, we probably wouldn't have "rights" at all by this point, seeing how things have degraded even with explicit protection.

>>342370582
Reductionism is the only functional approach to policy. Leftists treat policy like a college essay where they can start with any thesis and bullshit their way to a justification instead of plainly applying the law or principle in its common sense.
>>
>>342371148
Nope.
>>
>>342371121
Τhis. Normies and casuals don't cares about bullshit like diversity and sexism. Take for example The Legend of Zelda franchise: all casual and core fans of the series (including the female fans) are OK with the idea of playing with a male characters while only a tiny minority whine about female Link.
>>
>>342371368
sick rebuttle
>>
>>342371354

And when you reduce, like you did, you say things that are patently not true, like you did. Personally, I'd prefer we all at least know what we're talking about.
>>
>>342371148
I don't go my localwalmart and say that unless they stop selling mens clothing me and my 100s of friends will post on the internet about how the manager is literally figuratively raping me, causing the overall walmart company to spend a bunch of money saying that they don't actually support raping people and firing the manager because his reputation is now ruined and its damaging their profit line.

SJW don't "complain", they bully people and ruin them if they disagree with the party line.
>>
>>342371531
Yes, we all need to get "educated", I'm sure, you Maoist fuckwit.
>>
>>342366083
But that's just the thing. EVERYTHING in modern times appeals to people's emotions. Because some smart guy somewhere realized, "Holy shit, people will do anything if it makes them feel morally justified!"

And for most of us, that's true. It's super basic, Psychology 101 stuff. Would you kill one person to save many? Would you throw one good person under the bus as long as it validated your own personal beliefs? Would you save your family dog, or someone you didn't know?

What's sad is that so many people don't seem to understand how they're being manipulated, and then you just end up with this vicious circle of everyone appealing to each others' emotions, and no one actually contributing anything of us. Just so that they can feel good about themselves.

It's the most selfish our society has ever been, and it's only a matter of time before it collapses in on itself. That day will either be great, or become the end of us.
>>
>>342371148
The games that pander to this demographic the hardest do not produce noticeable profit increases. The people who are the angriest about social issues would rather be posting in threads like this than buying games.
>>
>>342371576

It's incredibly sad that you're making such assumptions with little to no real information. I'm not incredibly surprised though- if you think one party is an unqualified champion of rights, you clearly do need a history lesson. Unfortunately it seems learning is a dirty word to you. Sorry to hear about that.
>>
>>342370413
what would have happened if the devs chose to ignore those complaints? maybe I'm naive, but I doubt it would have made much of a difference in sales/reviews, and I really don't get this perception that a game being deemed problematic for whatever reason is some sort of kiss of death for it
>>
>>342371540
>I don't go my localwalmart

No you'd send a letter or an email

>stop selling mens clothing

a more apt example would be the "stop labeling toys as male or female" controversy we had a while back. SJWs don't want to ban the sale of objects they want to alter the production and marketing of the object.

>firing the manager because his reputation is now ruined

this never happens with managers, mostly only with PR guys or when people get involved in stupid internet drama on twitter
>>
>>342365087
LITERALLY THIS
>you forgot to add trannys and masculine fat lesbians
>>
>>342370006
I admittedly don't even know who he is until he got arrested.

I'm 25, don't accuse me!
>>
>>342368184
If you help oeople, your life is never a joke. Do as you do anon.
>>
>>342371805
The Progressives that complain about this shit are confirmed to be in some kind of mafia-esque group where they all have the same ideas. This was the only thing of value GG accomplished.

If blizard told the people complaining about the tracer pose to deal with it, you would literally the next day find "Blizard is not supportive of women's rights, why gamers can't let this thing slide" articles on literally every online news site even tangentally related to videogames. This would then cause 1000's of people that don't know anything about the original issue to think blizard is actually a bunch of horrible misogynists and make them lose tons of potential sales from people that get a big thrill from feeling morally outraged and "supporting a good cause" from the comfort of their chair.

They HAVE to address this shit unless they hate making money.
>>
>>342371801
>I am so snobby and smart and know what's best for you. Now surrender your freedumbs :)
Leftism in a nutshell. Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>342365578
at least he could fundament it, now its "you want a male link, you rape my rights"
>>
>>342368367
Aren't those guys no different?
>>
>>342371005
first time i saw this shit i thought it was a parody
couldn't believe that someone in the real world would get ptsd over videogames
>>
>>342367943
>saying "kys" unironically
Go fuck a spear newfag.
>>
Culture is changing. It happens every generation. hence why old men always think today's youth is garbage. It's just 2016 and gays are allowed to wander about, laws are being passed to add tranny bathrooms, violent video games causing people to have a physiologic break is an accepted notion even amongst players and your average nigger has more rights than a white man

Just imagine where the world is going to be 40 years from now. Even worse, you'll probably live to see it
>>
>>342372818
Not sure if it counts since the people calling them faggots are around the same age as them. These are all 18-23 year olds.
>>
>>342371801
Welcome to American politics, where your side is all staunch defenders of everything good in the world, and the other side is literally Satan.

Meanwhile, they both do the exact same shit and gradually fuck you over more and more each day.
>>
>>342372818
>thinks culture changes naturally.
hueheuheuh
>>
>>342372224
is there any precedent for this hypothetical situation which would convince me that it's even remotely believable?
>>
>>342373091
>These are all 18-23 year olds
*aren't
>>
>>342372237

Yeah that's what I said, right? Keep overlooking the shitty, anti-liberty elements of your own party. Seems to be working out SUPER well, can't wait to see how President Trump will expand personal freedoms!
>>
>>342373186
Define 'naturally' there is nothing 'natural' about social cultures.
>>
File: witcherbabby.png (40 KB, 374x374) Image search: [Google]
witcherbabby.png
40 KB, 374x374
>>342364602
>AAA industry nearing Hollywood-levels of size, marketing, wide-appeal and sneaky/manipulative practices
>journalist sites also big and accepting of many people, inlcuding random dropouts and flunkies
>said sites now regularly bribed by publishers to say only what they demand
>social media as a big part of modern life attracts paper-skinned people wanting safe-spaces (ex: tumblr blogs)
>sharks like Anita, Wu, etc come into the picture; starts the "SJW" movement that attracts the above people
>becomes a loud trendy voice that modern media decides to pander to (even moreso than the minorities they're "defending")
>bribed journalist sites naturally follow suit, also through any other social media and "developer" connections formed afterwards
>also makes for easy clickbait titles to further attract traffic into their pockets

At least that's my guess.
>>
>>342373165

No one is free from the touch of stupid crazies, unfortunately. Libertarianism, literally the most vanilla, "golden rule" based philosophy one can have that relates to politics, is still infested with stupid elements from both the left and right, because no matter what, your party is made up of people, some of whom are stupid.
>>
How do I become a games journalist?
>>
>>342369706

>attacking the glorification of violence

yet most video games are about at least SOME form of violence or competition. not every fucking video game can be exostential think piece. fuck the Pulse shooting brought these THINK OF THE CHILLINS bleeding hearts out of the woodwork. even if they don't have kids. Or play vidya. Or have a real problem with vidya game violence. Or are digging their heads in the sand about the real lack of links to violence in vidya by claiming even if they don't have a real world effect they have the POTENTIAL to influence our youth therefore BAN GUNS EVERYWHERE. Canuckland has a shit ton of guns and they are fine.
>>
>>342369857

No they target foreign games because they are easier to bully and much less likely to include people in their inner circle to accidentally piss off. Also moonland is way more liberal about boobs.
>>
>>342369235

>no power to censor

The Tracer incident and the Bioshock Infinite devs caving in to reduce the females leads breast size say hi.
>>
>>342374796
your definition of "censor" is a lot looser than the one of the post you're quoting
>>
>>342374796
Can you please stop using the tracer thing as evidence of censorship? They changed the pose because they felt it didn't fit the character, and they replaced it with a literal pinup model pose that shows off her butt just asuch as the replaced one.
>>
>>342369128
>For one thing, when people like Jack Thompson and Fox News say shit about games, it carries the legitimate threat of power.
this is completely wrong though. social conservatives can't even get gay marriage or abortion banned, they have zero power to ban anything in video games. on the other hand sjw cucks have undeniable power because they've infiltrated the ranks of actual developers and localization teams.
>>
>>342375368
>Can you guys stop using censorship as evidence of censorship?

You would have a valid argment if they actually did it of their own accord instead of cow towing to SJW forum posters then citing the exact posts that bullied them into censorship
>>
>>342365087
>He wanted to cease production of video games all together.
That's not true at all.
>>
>>342369329
>maturity, legitimacy, blah blah blah
Video games have grown into a multi-billion dollar industry without all that trash while other "mature" industries have stagnated and imploded. Sounds like you are advocating for collapse.

Anita is a censorship advocate. Her position is that messages in fantasy media are harmful and should be suppressed. That is pro-censorship, no matter how you spin it.

The solution to "diversify" is to create more content, not whine about content that exists and take the position that fantasy media is harmful and must be censored.

>being friends with a game developer
They fucked for coverage.
>>
>>342369431
>The culture war is over and, inevitably, we won. Our victory came on the back of Wii Sports, seven years ago. The cultural acceptance that young gamers enjoy today is the result of our work over the last two or three decades.
we lost, for the exact opposite reason. all of this shit is happening because beta cucks desperate for acceptance started to think that they could get women to sleep with them if they could only get rid of all the offensive parts of video games. if gaming had retained the public image as the hobby for fat basement dwellers none of this shit would be happening.
>>
>>342375625

Yeah, poor Blizzard got fucking bullied. As stated earlier, that's not what censorship is for one, secondly it doesn't solve the "problem" the poster has with the game in general, and lastly it was one single forum poster and the responses to that poster. Even if in your skewed definition it is evidence of censorship, it's not good evidence considering how questionable it is, and if it's so widespread go find another example that actually shows what you allege.
>>
>>342370551
>it's not enough that I choose not to consume this, it must not exist in a free market.
It's censorship advocacy. Kill yourself.
>>
>>342376153

I think you might be mistaken about what "mature" industries have stagnated, and the reasons for their doing so. Besides that, being "more like" those industries in a nebulous sense being evidence that it will stagnate like those industries is pathetically simplistic. Personally, I do agree that it would be more constructive to create more media rather than shaping what does exist. At the same time, you can't argue that someone's input should have no effect simply because you don't like it. The price of this shit being free is that game devs are free to pander to whoever they think will generate them better PR, sales, etc. You're free to tell SJWs/cultural critics that they're full of shit- the price of that is that they are free to publicly complain where publishers are listening.
>>
>>342375625
...they did change it of their own accord. They had already been working on the new pose. It was literally one guy who complained, they didn't do it to appease him.

And how is it censorship? You can still see everything you could see in the previous pose. Nothing has been censored. Do you even know what the word "censorship" means, or are you just throwing it around because you think it adds legitimacy to your argument?
>>
>>342365532
>Our only villain will never be a hack lawyer again
>>
All that changed was the direction the criticism was coming from.

It's amazing how many leftists (of which I would count myself) sold out to the 'For the children!' argument the moment it started coming from the progressive line.

I have a friend who hated Jack with a passion, cited all the evidence that video games don't influence people the way they were being accused of.

But he got butthurt when I criticized Anita. Turns out its 'different' even though he couldn't explain why. Apparently video games aren't teaching people violence but they are definitely teaching sexism.

"For the children" is now "For the women". And male sexuality is target number one. Its not enough to say something is vulgar or crass. You have to say it harms women everywhere and trash anyone who opposes the changes as evil. He/they get to claim their righteousness, and a chorus of mob behavior often follows.

Most of US politics is fundamentally broken because you have shifting cultures that see each other as, not stupid, but evil. And you don't need to talk to or understand evil.

So no conversations, just lectures. No statistics and analysis, just feelings.

What is happening in video games is happening everywhere. And yes, even as a leftist I primarily blame the progressive wing. Identity politics is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>342376348

Unfortunately businesses exist to make money, not to uphold the principles you hold dear. Again, if you argue against the right of sensitive people to complain about shit that offends them, you also argue against the right of consumers to bring up literally anything they dislike about a game. The people saying this shit have literally no control over whether devs include this stuff. Freedom is a two way street, it doesn't just work in the ways that are convenient and also applies to people you disagree with.
>>
>>342372237
Dude come on, at least actually engage the points he made.
>>
>>342376781
you can't compare what's happening to video games to other industries. it's like if car magazines were constantly publishing editorials saying that driving fast is sexist and buying bmws supports systematic racism, to the point where nissan decides not to sell the gtr in america to avoid public backlash.
>>
>>342377313
Sounds like you need to check your fast privilege, Gas-scum.
>>
>>342377142

and guess what?

people don't like it when you tell them what they should or shouldn't like so blatently.

This isn't the 90s where censorship could be hidden and no one would bat an eye otherwise, all eyes are glued to scrutiny. Fans gets mad when they are insulted by shit getting changed to fit a nonexistant audience.
>>
>>342377313

I agree- if you're who I was responding to, why bring that up then? You're missing a component, which is that there is clearly an audience for that media, meaning while there's lots of backlash some people REALLY DO AGREE WITH THEM. This is what so many people miss- the problem is with a very biased media, but that still doesn't totally debunk the legitimacy of those people's views. I disagree with them, yes, and I think the media presence needs some balancing for obvious reasons- that said, if we really care about free speech as much as we claim to, we must recognize their right to at least make their case. If you believe the issue is with society, work on that. If you think the problem is the media, work on that. Other than those two, just make your voice as a consumer heard as well.
>>
>>342377587

fucking this. all this anime boob nontrovercy is NOTHING compared to paid reviews for Driv3r. fans were complaining they got a broken game and were lied to by paid reviews then they were silenced by the websites and shills into oblivion.
>>
>>342364602
he was ahead of his time
>>
Just let the market sort it out.

Youtube's big "Proud to Be" campaign has been met with general apathy by mass consumers.

Social liberal oriented products are failing at market. The more they push it the greater the failure ends up being. Only a select niche of creators have managed to pull it off, sort of like how there is only one fat girl music act that is popular.

They're failing in politics as well and their safe spaces are going to be taken away by a federal mandate that all college campuses must default all criminal investigations to local or federal police depending on the severity of the crime. They're pushing so colleges can no longer railroad students by whatever whim they please.

You just have to sit through the few years they try it and stick to your individual beliefs.
>>
>>342369235
>>342369329
>>342369431
Just so you didn't waste your time here's your (you) m8.
>>
>>342377587

I think the disconnect here is that there's always an assumption that it's a nonexistent audience (maybe it is, but the data isn't really there as far as I know). It's sad that I have to explain this so many times- you have a complete right to be angry about a perceived command of what to like or dislike. I personally think you're reading a little too deep into what's more likely a selfish decision about what they personally want to consume. Gaming is big enough that no matter what, even if 99% of the world decides boobs are pure evil, there will still be games that pander to that interest- not to say it's right, but in a business based on making money, if that's where the money is that's where they'll go. Why do you think these businesses are changing this shit if there's not money there? Activision doesn't give a shit about the empowerment of women. They don't give two shits how sexualized Tracer's ass is, they only care if they're making more money.
>>
File: PTSD.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
PTSD.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
>>342370006
Do you think Nee Nee will visit him in prison?

>>342372727
Don't you know what year it is anon?
>>
>>
>>342374351
Have an agenda, get people fired up about said agenda, then ask for money to push said agenda.
>>
File: hijak-puppetshow.png (160 KB, 748x1036) Image search: [Google]
hijak-puppetshow.png
160 KB, 748x1036
>>342369463
It was pretty great actually, I'm sorry you missed out on the fun
>>
>>342368609
I mean, Gamergate's only source was a jealous ex-boyfriend so I'd say youtube is a pretty fine source.
>>
File: 1453791288617.jpg (53 KB, 828x766) Image search: [Google]
1453791288617.jpg
53 KB, 828x766
>>342378969

Hey, given how much GG hates cucks you'd think they'd have a hard time trusting him

That said, the logs he posted were fairly convincing as I recall.
>>
>>342378669
Holy shit, are you for or against them? That's actually a pretty scary thing. No wonder America's military is full of assholes now.

Not saying I agree with ending video game production, but that's scary.
>>
>>342378969

Everything in the Zoe post is true, though. Quinn never disputed any of it, not even in court.
>>
File: 1466037211936.png (300 KB, 652x589) Image search: [Google]
1466037211936.png
300 KB, 652x589
>>342365532

So this.. is the power... of accusing people of racism.
>>
>>342364602
>even worse

That's the thing that really fucking gets me.

All Jack Thompson wanted was for M rated games to be illegal to sell to minors. He literally never asked any developer to change their content.
>>
>>342379142
>>342379265
She disputed the "five guys burger and fries" thing. It's a fact that she did not have sex with five game reviewers. She had sex with ONE game journalist who she was in a relationship YEARS before he posted a FRAGMENTED SENTENCE stating a fact about her game.

She did however fuck a cuckold, who had nothing to do with gaming journalism but GG likes to claim he does because they're retards who want to find a point in anything/everything.
>>
>>342379157

Are you serious? The WW2 story is complete bullshit. The military doesn't use games to desensitize soldiers. Jesus Christ, if it weren't for gullible morons like you, none of this SJW crap would exist.
>>
File: 1423654256001.gif (49 KB, 69x120) Image search: [Google]
1423654256001.gif
49 KB, 69x120
>>342374796
>Blizzard being based for once this decade
>people use it as an example for censorship
That was clearly not censorship but Blizzard, deliberately or not, BTFOing SJWs.
>>
>>342365087
>He wanted to cease production of video games all together.

Not true. He only wanted it to be illegal to sell M rated games to minors. He never advocated censorship of content, just age restriction based on content.
>>
>>342379582
>Jesus Christ, if it weren't for gullible morons like you, none of this SJW crap would exist.
No, if it weren't for retarded men's rights websites signal boosting SJW videos, Reddit signal boosting retarded tumblr posts, and America's Republican Party constantly going on and on and on and on and fucking on about how bad the big bad boogeyman political correctness is, we wouldn't have to deal with them.

These retards are creating their own worst nightmare by giving the small things they hate attention and turning them into big things.
>>
>>342379157
It's not that bad anon. They're vastly overstating what the military actually does. We never got games or any of that shit unless we brought it ourselves.

I did three tours in Afghanistan and honestly it was dull as fuck. You get more desensitized and aggravated by that than anything else. I think I learned almost every variant of poker while out there, and I learned how to play tenor sax, guitar, harmonica, and piano because of how boring it was.

Battles are waged at distances so far that you can barely tell you're shooting at people. Unless you're in an urban environment at sub-100 yards it's like shooting at shadows.

Real talk the only time I ever actually saw the people I'm shooting at die was when I was on an emergency helo evac on the main gun.
>>
>>342379545

To be completely honest I haven't seen any of this shit since 2014, that doesn't sound correct but I truly do not give enough of a shit to even look through it again.
>>
>>342379545

She didn't dispute anything. Not a single word. Do you have any idea how much it would help her if she could bring up defamation against him in court? Also, the Zoe post never claimed that she had sex with five game reviewers. Where did you get this false information?
>>
Jack Thompson didn't even want to change games, he just wanted to make it harder to buy them for children
>>
File: 1419066738943.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1419066738943.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>342369329
>there are people in this world who actively defend other people censoring the entertainment medium so it caters specifically to their sensibilities alone

fml
>>
>>342379761

So MRAs and the like somehow convinced all the journalists and celebrities to promote this bullshit? I think you've got the causality reversed.
>>
>>342365532
>Thompson threatens a ban on a game
>Journalist and gamers call him a idiot and want to keep their games just as is no matter how violent and weird they are

>Current gaming environment causes publishers and developers to be social hanged for stepping out of line of the SJW standards
>Journalist don't defend them but actually help fuel the fire and if anyone objects they are blacklisted
>>
You're allowed to make fun of conservatives and Christians but if you make fun of liberals you're an evil racist bigot. There's no hypocrisy involved, you're just a fucking shitlord.
>>
>>342364602
>What went wrong?
He was a white male.
I am sure he would be laughed at by the current journalist by that alone irony is lost to them after all
>>
File: 96f.jpg (61 KB, 590x320) Image search: [Google]
96f.jpg
61 KB, 590x320
>>342379761
>we wouldn't have to deal with them.
>>
>>342365351

>le idealogy is dead it's all about money

I don't buy this, it's true for the ones at the top of pyramid scheme but all their underlings buy into it.
>>
>>342380352

Not who you're responding to, but take a trends-and-forces approach to this. If execs started seeing the threat of objective or character-based freely consumable reviews, previews, etc, by people working essentially for free, they may move toward more "curated" opinion pieces and analysis a la the New Yorker as a response in business strategy. Once that starts, why wouldn't they seek out people who are already passionate about the kind of inflammatory clickbait that pays the bills with less work? Of course some of the writers buy into this shit- that's not really in question. The root cause though is a little less singular, I would guess.

>>342380232

Fantastic argument, man. Glad you're here to raise the rhetorical bar, if only we had an MS paint comic to read for this so I didn't have to strain my little brain to read your opinion of what other people think.
>>
>>342380004
Ahh yes hollywood is controlled by SJeW's. Which is exactly why 90% of oscar nominees the past two years have been white people.
>>
>>342381148
>kotaku is equal to hollywood

This is what brave new /v/ actually believes
>>
>>342380330
Orwell would be laughing his ass off if he saw this.
>>
>>342381148
>Which is exactly why 90% of oscar nominees the past two years have been white people.

90% of SJWs are white people, too. Who ever said they all believe the crap they're spouting?
>>
Im surprised nobody brought up the meme candidate here yet
>>
>>342364602
>2006: gaming is now just starting to be exposed to normies whereas before it was a niche hobby
>2016: said normies have completely infiltrated and taken over gaming, trying to mould it like everything else in their life
>>
File: cruz-killingsites.jpg (51 KB, 576x610) Image search: [Google]
cruz-killingsites.jpg
51 KB, 576x610
>>342381515
Thank you, fellow #Cruizin'CruzCruizer

What have you done to bring based Cruz back into the race today?
>>
It's the 90s all over again with the children of conservatives masquerading as "liberals" taking the helm. Modern "liberals" are more about apperance than anything (neon hair, dressing like junkies, men acting limp wristed despite being straight not knowing how important it will be for them to man up after college because right now they're living a soft life, dressing like junkies). Ever wonde why you don't see female SJWs with male SJWs? Because the male
ones are one off from being neckbeards, weak and no real aspirations.

The deal with journalism is that a lot of these losers graduated college(if they didn't just flunk) in a time when journalism is a joke and died out because of internet reporting. Think about the bitch David Cage, dude's obviously a wannabe failed director or some shit. A lot of today's game journalist were late to a dying field and just settled on game journalism and other shit writing gigs because they couldn't whine their way in the New York times or some shit.
>>
File: wait for it.gif (557 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
wait for it.gif
557 KB, 400x300
>>342369773
How do you feel about the right-wing supreme court justices ruling that cops are allowed to violate your rights and submit evidence they illegally obtained from you?
>>
>>342377724
it's not just about making niche games for fuccboi whiners, it's like making the 2017 mustang a 4 door hybrid because magazines all complained about carbon emissions. no one gives a shit that games like gone homo or that tranny wu's game are being made. they're mad that an infiltrated media is pressuring infiltrated developers to ruin games that weren't for that audience.
>>
>>342369773
>-no right to free speech
Europe is more thank just Germoney and SJWden though
>>
>>342382531

Yeah but EU laws will fuck over the freeier countries unless they leave.
>>
>>342374351
Pretty much just like shitposting here. Post the most elaborate bait you can and just lay back and wait for the bites. Only difference is you have ads attatched to your blog so you actually get dosh for your (you)s
>>
>>342381148
If anything it's controlled by nothing but general elites. Theirs a lot of anti-semitism in Hollywood a lot blatant. Hollywood is controlled by high paid junkies hypocrites who live a of excess so they don't care about you.

I remember reading that a lot of famous actors/actresses just get where they are because Hollywood is full of nepotism that gets people in their positions. The coming from the bottom strory for a lot of these people are frabricated.

Most blatant example would be Nicholas Cage (Real last name "Cappola" ) and the rest of the Cappola family. The Berrymores and a few others.
>>
>>342365707
It's sad how right he was.
>>
File: 1384267845202.jpg (25 KB, 580x385) Image search: [Google]
1384267845202.jpg
25 KB, 580x385
>>342365707
my fucking sides
>>
>>342382970
Another thing it's well known a lot of these people live double lives. Sex parties (which I wish they would invite me to), pedophilia, raging closeted homos who urge others to come out.

Like Kevin Spacey who is a known asshole and fucks men sometimes off the street. Not a homophobe, but if you're gay nigga just come the fuck out.
>>
File: 1463922355344.jpg (493 KB, 1052x1821) Image search: [Google]
1463922355344.jpg
493 KB, 1052x1821
I thought that is was Bill Clinton for a second...
>>
>>342365707
He was right. Gamers are one of the most annoying and pathetic "subcultures" to ever exist now. Fucking morons. Still don't agree with censorship though.
>>
>>342382678
I hope they do, not sure if they will do better alone, but better than being slaves of the retarded North Europe
>>
>>342382310
Or the fact that Republicans are trying to use the Orlando shooting to pass a bill giving the FBI even more power to spy on you without a warrant as we speak?

Turns out the Right doesn't give a fuck about any amendments they aren't paid to care about any more than the left does.
>>
File: 1456190414283.jpg (63 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1456190414283.jpg
63 KB, 600x620
America as a whole is pretty stupid desu
>>
>>342382418

You may be misremembering /v/ if you truly believe no one cares about those games. I understand the situation well enough that clumsy analogies like that are unnecessary. Look, the media is clearly biased- if you want to be mad about that, go ahead. But as far as corporations making these games go, you have to admit that it's not like you can really point and say oh, poor Blizzard, oh poor Nintendo being pressured. They're all calculated marketing decisions, so if you're going to be mad at anyone be mad at the developers themselves. As long as there's a free market, these factors will come into play. Like I said, this is the price you pay for that free market.
>>
>>342368184
>Class of '82
you're too old to be on here gramps
>>
>>342385101
The world as a whole is pretty stupid.
>>
File: 1449274970222.png (30 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
1449274970222.png
30 KB, 500x517
>>342384008
American politicians, "left-wing" or "right-wing", are both insidious. This trend has existed for a very long time and will continue forevermore unless a complete overhaul of the retarded American political system is undertaken (which will never happen because the vast majority of the people in this shitty country consists of either pacified consumerist retards or self-absorbed fuckwits dedicated to some useless counterproductive meme movement like neo-liberalism or the alt-right).
>tfw true American liberalism never
>>
>>342385565
An "overhaul" of the american political system would require a guillotine. Those people are entrenched and have been for decades and have unbelievable amounts of wealth.
>>
>>342365707
I often see things like this and wonder if gaming makes people stupid or if it attracts stupid people.
Because I've known a lot of gamers who were intelligent, but after witnessing /v/, I'm convinced 80% are below average intelligence.
>>
>>342385504
Not surprising considering we're apes on a keyboard
>>
>>342386546
>the "WE WUZ APES" meme
I guess we used to be birds, lizards, and rats too
>>
>>342388235
humans are slaves that were created for the sole purpose of farming gold for ayy lmaos.
your life is worthless and you don't go to Columbia when you die.
>>
>>342385172
the concept of a free market assumes that companies will try to maximize profit and that consumers will make informed purchases. when you have a corrupt media spreading lies and consumers that refuse to not buy products that insult them it's not an ideal free market.
>>
>>342364602
>What went wrong?
women and sexism

Nobody takes mens complaints seriously.
Everyone takes it seriously when a woman complains.
>>
File: Rectionary Circlejerk.jpg (47 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Rectionary Circlejerk.jpg
47 KB, 400x300
>This thread
>>
>>342364602
Neogaf
>>
File: 1377113950219.jpg (56 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
1377113950219.jpg
56 KB, 449x642
>>342364602
>What went wrong?
An ideology that believes media has a responsibility to educate adult consumers has become dominant.
At least the conservatives were more focused on children.
>>
File: carl-face.jpg (40 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carl-face.jpg
40 KB, 600x615
>>342389736
>you in particular
>>
File: 1405945046757.png (670 KB, 803x803) Image search: [Google]
1405945046757.png
670 KB, 803x803
>>342364602
>2016
>Thompson posting
>>
>>342368184
>help people
>life is a joke
Wat
>>
File: 1435954104024.jpg (28 KB, 549x442) Image search: [Google]
1435954104024.jpg
28 KB, 549x442
>>342364602
You grew up.
>>
>>342391227
Fucking OP enabling the gaming press by growing up
>>
File: 1462713076208.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1462713076208.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
>>342369235
Anita engages in a type of profession that essentially boils down to extortion as a method of forcefully spreading ideology. She attempts to manufacture problems, then sells her "services" to exempt people from these "problems".

She does not care about video games, she does not know about video games, she simply picked video games because gamejournos are apparently retarded.

I was glad to hear she was leaving video games to cover... history or something. I wish her the best of luck arguing with historians.
>>
>>342392502
I used to hate seeing threads about her, but looking back shes a fucking genius for picking video games as the field for her scam, it just goes to show how retarded the gaming media is for actually buying into her shit
>>
Protip

if you identify with "gamer culture" instead of just playing games you are the cancer
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.