[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Theres a Window. Couldn't anyone just break in and pull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 23
File: 7CpJe.jpg (71 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
7CpJe.jpg
71 KB, 640x384
Theres a Window. Couldn't anyone just break in and pull the sword?
>>
>>342359546
What makes you think anyone can break the window?
>>
>>342359546
Maybe it's just a spotlight shining down?
>>
>>342359546
true true
>>
>>342359905
Tarantino!!!
>>
File: 1389073252349.jpg (239 KB, 539x516) Image search: [Google]
1389073252349.jpg
239 KB, 539x516
You '''''''could'''''''' but then time would lapse.

You would only find an empty room devoid of value.

The purpose of the Song of Time, is that it reverted the Master Sword back to the present from the pool of time-space.
>>
It's reeeaaally high up there.
>>
maybe the window is unbreakable.
>>
You can buy a sword that does time travel, but not a magic window?
>>
>>342360001
>source? My gaping, oft-fucked asshope
>>
>>342359546
The new game includes the Temple of Time.
Footage from the E3 beta shows a ladder going up left the side of the building, which link can use to climb on the roof.
The sword isn't in the room, at least from what the beta shows.
So yeah, someone may have stolen it.
>>
>>342360228
the whole temple is magic. it survived Ganondorf's assault on castle town.
>>
Would it have let you pull it out anyway?
>>
>>342359546
don't you need the trifource of courage to pull it? Can anyone except link even pull it?
>>
>>342360590
only if you descend from the the knights of hyrule :^)
>>
>take a sword that only a proven hero is allowed to wield
>>
>>342360590
The games don't let you have the sword without completing 3 quests to prove yourself, but the way they keep you out is usually a physical barrier that just keeps Link from getting to the sword. The hidden room was the way of keeping unwanted people from taking the sword.
>>
>>342360375
Nobody can steal it, the Master Sword chooses whether or not someone gets to remove it. It's not just a "anybody can remove it scenario", it literally has a will of it's own.

And that will extends to Link, nobody has ever pulled the sword out but him. And we only have one canonical case of someone else even holding the sword.

It's likely in BotW that it was just moved by the Link you play as before his 100 year sleep or it was moved by Zelda as safeguarding. It's very clear the Temple of Time/Entrance to the Sacred Realm was under siege by Ganon, hence the Guardians and destruction.
>>
>>342360925
>And we only have one canonical case of someone else even holding the sword.
pretty sure that's not true, because the sword can be reforged in lttp and ALBW
>>
The temple janitor regularly removes it, cleans it, and puts it back. He has keys for every room.
>>
>>342360925
Literally nowhere has it ever said that, except ALttP.

In OOT. Ganondorf could have pulled it for all we know, provided he knew what to do (which he didn't, he knew about everything except the sword, or else he wouldn't have spared Link and ran the risk of him getting to the Triforce first).
>>
magic glass
>>
The windows are made of diamonds, and diamonds are unbreakable.
>>
>>342360665
I don't think its specifically said whether ONLY link or triforce of courage can take it, only some shit like "only heros can wield it" or some shit like that
>>
>>342361051
We never see anyone hold the sword in those cases. For all we know (and I remember, which I could be wrong), Link just lays the sword down, it's tempered and worked on, and Link picks it back up when they're done.

Also if you want to get technical the tempering in ALttP doesn't carry over to ALBW, so that isn't canon, it likely holds true for ALBW too.
>>
>>342360925
Umm... how does it wind up in different locations.
>>
>>342361273
"wield" really only implies using it in battle.
>>
How does Navi fly through the window at the end? They establish in the first cutscene that she can't phase through objects when she hits the fence.
>>
>>342361273
originally, you had to descend from the royal knights of hyrule.

Don't know if that lore is the same though.
>>
nobody can climb up there, it's out of bounds
>>
>>342361540
what if they bomb jump?
>>
>>342361489
In LTTP lore, Ganon was subdued by the knights and sealed by the sages. The implication is probably that Ganon's seal can only be broken by a knight or sage.
>>
>>342361594
n o t _ c a n o n
>>
>>342361303
Different timelines, in the child/adult timelines it stays in the Temple of Time, and in the fallen timeline it goes into the forest
>>
>>342361162
It literally says in multiple games that only a proven hero and one without a tainted heart can even touch the Master Sword, let alone wield it.

Ganondorf in no way could even touch the Master Sword.
>>342361303
It doesn't. Historia says the Lost Woods of ALttP and ALBW were once a Temple, lost to ruin and overgrown with forest.

The Master Sword rests within the Temple of Time in TP, also lost to ruin and overgrown with a forest.

In WW, it's in the same place, Hyrule Castle has just been built around it. If you remember Hyrule Castle was destroyed by Ganondorf in the adult timeline and his tower erected in it's place.

It's always in the same place, geography and stuff just changes over time. There is one exception to that rule and it's OoA/OoS where you turn the Noble Sword after linking the two games into the Master Sword thanks to Farore, and for all we know Link could have just went back to Hyrule and got it knowing Ganon was being revived by Twinrova.
>>
>>342361594
There's a giant crater on the edge of the Temple of Time. Didn't you watch the E3 demo for BotW? You can't bomb-jump because nobody can carry that many bombs.

No death is more certain.
>>
>>342361460
She got fucking ripped by saying HEY every 5 seconds and flew right through it.
>>
>>342361663
in wind waker it's in hyrule castle
>>
Ladders more than 6 meters don't exist in the Zelda Universe.

I know, I speedrun Ocarina.
>>
>>342361663
So yoy are saying Link moves it every time? Remember that time he puts the sword back at the end of OOT?
>>
>>342361746
Fastest time?
>>
>>342361460
She flew through a hole and based on what we seen in TP, that's not a real window, it's just a 'barrier' that leads to the Temple of Light/Tower of Gods portion of building.
>>
>>342361686
Only the hero can touch it, which is why they put it behind a stone door that can only be opened by completing the hero's quests. That hidden room was the mechanism to prevent non-heroes.
>>
>>342359546
Only link can pull the sword so, yeah someone could have smashed the window and got in there, but they wouldn't have been able to take the sword out.
>>
>>342360375
Nigga that shit was in some fucking corner of the lost woods before it made it to the temple of time
>>
>>342361880
you've got it backwards
>>
>>342361686
Ghirahim holds it like it's no big deal in Skyward Sword. Hell, he uses it against Link and deals damage.
>>
>>342361746
Ladders more than 60 meters don't exist in the Metal Gear solid Universe.

I know, I speedrun Snake eater.
>>
this entire thread is literal proof that nothing in the Zelda storylines and the entire timeline for that matter makes any damn sense and nobody from the development team gives a shit either because they just kinda tack on the story after figuring out some kind of gameplay model that they are happy with and bend everything that stands in their way lorewise as they wish
>>
Why did Ganon burninate everything in the town but left the church a-okay?
>>
>>342361939
You have to remember that Ghirahim is a sword himself, Demise' counterpart to Fi/Master Sword.

It's likely he can touch the blade itself because he is also a blade. There is likely some odd technicality rule for that to take place.
>>
>>342362085
Ganon is evil, not an athiest. He draw his own power from the goddess of power, not a smart idea to shit on her.
>>
if the master sword is so strong how come there are stronger swords?

Just about every blacksmith in the zelda series can forge a stronger sword than the Master if he wants.
>>
>>342362085
>Curse you.... CHURCH
>>
File: 1386409056933.gif (844 KB, 500x244) Image search: [Google]
1386409056933.gif
844 KB, 500x244
>>342361970
>they just kinda tack on the story after figuring out some kind of gameplay model that they are happy with and bend everything that stands in their way lorewise as they wish

Isn't that what a story is? I know what you're trying to say (even though it's wrong if you mean the develops and not the fans), but you couldn't have worded that any worse.
>>
>>342362181
The should have Ghirardelli a trident rather than a sword.
>>
>>342361970
>people actually explaining things in a coherent and logical manner

IT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE TO ME
>>
>>342361939
>Ghirahim holds it like it's no big deal in Skyward Sword. Hell, he uses it against Link and deals damage.

Well, Ghirahim isn't even a person though, and is sort of the anti-master sword, this is probably a special exception to the rule.

Very likely that link would not have been able to wield demise's sword, for example.
>>
>>342362317
Agreed on that.
>>
>>342359546
They don't sell ladders that long in Castle Town
>>
>>342362317
>Ghiradeli

kek
>>
glass is a rarity in hyrule so nobody has the balls to break a lovely ornate glass window.

That's why there's so few bottles, they're so rare and coveted.
>>
>>342362229
Big Goron sword can't stab demons in the fucking head though can they?
>>
If Ganon was able to wield the Master Sword, would there be reason for him to use it over something like Biggoron Sword?
>>
reminder in zelda you need magic to JUMP
>>
>>342362604
>biggoron sword does more damage in the final battle against ganon than the master sword
>but you NEED the master sword to kill him

:^)
>>
>>342362615
master sword shoots beams in some games.
Which is pretty useful.
>>
File: N2uRhlx.jpg (94 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
N2uRhlx.jpg
94 KB, 1440x810
>>342361259
>>
>>342362615

I assume this is strictly in the OoT title? if so:

>in universe
Aside from him not even being able to touch it, it's the sword of evils bane so you could be Demise x10 after playing TOR for half an hour and you would still slay him no problem.

>game wise
No. Unless you need a shield for whatever reason the sword is more powerful than anything else so it wouldn't make sense to use The Master Sword over it.

Speaking of which I wonder if we'll see the Biggoron sword in BoTW.
>>
>>342361712
You only need a goron powder keg.
>>
I think both navi and midna are surprised when link pulls the master sword, and both remark " the sword accepted you"
>>
Do you think Ruto had her eggs fertilized by another during the 7 years you're gone?
>>
File: ganny_oracles.jpg (122 KB, 902x1600) Image search: [Google]
ganny_oracles.jpg
122 KB, 902x1600
>>342362085
Ganondorf, like Demise, is a man of honor. As much as he hates the old gods, he will not tread on those who follow them.

Remember, this man was raised inside the Spirit Temple, so his mothers taught him to respect and draw truth from all religions. Like ancient Persians.

Also, he is fond of Hylia, and it's her temple. He only hates Din, Nayru, and Farore.
>>
>>342362502
Coincidence? I think not!!
>>
>>342362952
>I wonder if we'll see the Biggoron sword in BoTW
I love it when games bring in items and equipment from previous ones. I certainly do hope they bring in a lot of stuff.
>>
>>342362952
Well Din's Fire, Fire and Ice Arrows both have the same damage modifiers in OoT as the Biggoron's Sword/Giant's Knife at 4.
>>
File: 1465769187538.jpg (35 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
1465769187538.jpg
35 KB, 500x389
>>342362317
>Ghirardelli
>>
>>342362229
Magical beings like Ganon are powered by their connection to ancient holographic technology. Ganondorf has effectively downloaded himself into the will of the Hyrule internet. Only another digital being on the same internet can harm him, which is why Fi is in the Master Sword.
>>
>>342363103
Well it's doubtful he hates Din since he gets his power from her and she is likely the Goddess of Sand in the Gerudo Desert. Now he probably despises Farore for not enriching the Desert with shit, good comparison since that's Link's counterpart.
>>342363141
I could definitely see the Mirror's Shield that auto-parries lasers and stuff like that one webm.
>>
>>342363103
why would he hate din?
His existence is dependent on her
>>
>>342363065
She is a pure and clean sushi that has never shared her caviar.
>>
>>342361296
Nah you're just wrong. The smith works it like any sword.
>>
>>342363182
Problem is they're magic dependant whereas the sword you can swing all day with no issue. Let's also keep in mind you can't fuck Ganon with an Ice arrow but you can wreck him with the Biggoron Sword.
>>
File: 1384992144770.jpg (173 KB, 614x1370) Image search: [Google]
1384992144770.jpg
173 KB, 614x1370
>>342363349
>>342363382
Navi called the Sand Colossus an "evil goddess." Din has nothing to do with the Gerudo or Ganondorf. The Triforce didn't come from her, it was stolen because he still owned it in the future timeline and Zelda/Link couldn't cheat it.

In fact, the fact that he only was deemed worthy of one piece, probably makes him hate the three even more.
>>
>>342363727
sheik is a boy
>>
>>342363828
SHREK is an OGRE
>>
>>342362672
>Magic

Common misconception, Actually, you need science. The reason link and denizens can't jump isn't due to an inability to jump, it's due to high gravity. Hyrule has a gravity constant of 3QT compared to that of earth, this makes it so link is only able to hop enough to clear ledges and jump DOWN off of ledges, this gravity phenomenon is due to the pressure opf the great sea, underwater gravity is less, at -1.5QT and density causes one to float, but by draining all of that water it forces gravity to siphon and ruined the land of Hyrule. At an elevation of what was once 200+ phathoms Hyrule's gravity would now shift as it has sunk further down and closer to the planet's core, and thus further away from the atmosphere. This is why there is no end to the skies, and why travel to outerspace cannot be achieved even with the most magical elements the Zelda series has to offer. Roc's cape allows link to alter his own gravitational field, and at .025 QT can then lift himself and gain momentum to jump far enough only to go forward. He does not gain the ability to fly, only propel himself.

The pressure in hyrule is about 500+ BAR give or take (About the equivalent of the midnight zone) -(145 Phathoms) This means oxygen and nitrogen circulation are also harder to breathe, and strains the vocal cords as well as the lungs. Because of this, Link is in constant pain from decopression sickness and can't choke out words, he has to settle with grunts and groans, which get his point across. How do other people talk you ask? Simple. They don't. Everything spoken to link is in his head, Everyone in hyrule shares in this affliction, but have gained the ability to transmit their thoughts on a fourth dimensional plane. In a Link to the past, Zelda is able to transmit her conscience to link to tell him she is in danger, and he must hurry to the castle. All dialogue is Morphegenetic, not spoken.
>>
>>342363828
A tomboy sure.
>>
>>342363917
a boy named tom. Sheik's real name is Tom Sheik.
>>
File: 1458922498733.jpg (66 KB, 452x504) Image search: [Google]
1458922498733.jpg
66 KB, 452x504
What I want to know is why the fuck the Biggoron Sword is such a pain in the fucking ass to get?

Deliver the shitty frog to the professor with just a few seconds to spare (Thanks, Epona), save, then start up bringing the medicine to the Biggoron. Get there a second too late? Back to King Zora to deliver the shitty frog. Reset the game hoping to start from the start point? Back to the fucking King Zora to deliver the shitty frog.

What the fuck.
>>
>>342364048
Anon stop trying to gay shit up all the time, you're always doing it and it's got to stop.
>>
>>342364049
Because it's the best.
Giant's Knife is actually the best because you can continually stab Shadow Link and he can't do shit about it.
>>
>>342364160
I'm not the nubile and flexible young man running around in skintight clothes, playing my harp to all sorts of travelers.
>>
>>342363902
Link can jump freely in Breath of the Wild, get shit on dorkozoid.
>>
>>342364247
But the Giant's Knife breaks after 4 hits. Why are you trying to ruse me?
>>
>>342364282
Link wakes up in Breath of wild in a cave and starts his journey, he's able to jump, no restriction to his weapons, no quest, no anything.

Its all a dream for him. Link is in heaven.
>>
>>342364049
I always get the Biggie before starting the Forest Temple.
>>
>>342364437
Sorry, meant the broken sword or whatever it's called when broken.
>>
>>342363635
Even still, as we've seen in ALBW, the sword is not tempered, it's not canon.
>>342363670
Fair enough. To be fair though, you can beat his ass with a Deku Stick too.
>>342363727
Well there is a good theory based on that actually. While true Navi called it an evil goddess, it being Din would actually fit a lot of things.

>Din: Sand Goddess (Spirit)
>Farore: Wind Goddess (Forest)
>Nayru: Time Goddess (Light)

So far we know a Wind and Time Goddess also exist and that would make for three goddess, when you couple those with the spirits of SS.

>Lanayru the Thunder Dragon (Light)
>Eldin the Fire Dragon (Fire)
>Faron the Water Dragon (Water)

You'd get this.

>Din of the Sand and Fire. (Fire and Spirit Sages)
>Farore of the Wind and Water. (Forest and Water Sages)
>Nayru of the Light and Shadow. (Light and Shadow Sages, you can't have Light without Shadow).

It would fit, but yes, it is just a theory after all and it would be odd for Nayru not to be water when Din is Fire and Farore is Forest.

As for Din not having anything to do with Ganondorf, Power is her part of the Triforce, like Wisdom is Nayru's and Courage is Farore's. It's just their individual pieces that combine as a whole.

I can't imagine Ganondorf being mad at Din honestly.
>>
File: giants knife on k.jpg (101 KB, 651x338) Image search: [Google]
giants knife on k.jpg
101 KB, 651x338
>>342364437
>>
>>342364265
Anon, Shiek is a girl and it's about time you accept this. I know, imagining there's a dick on everyone makes it easier but that's just not the case and it never will be. I'm sorry man.
>>
>>342359546
Only the chosen one can pull it out
>>
>>342364265
You mean the long haired woman that has the Japanese anime thing of taping down their breasts as she tries to pose as a man (tomboy)?
>>
>>342364646
Anon.
Don't you remember than in the game, every time link and sheik met, their conversation would end with sheik flashing his nuts?
>>
>>342364725
The writing is on the wall, dude.
Look at his name god goodness sake.

>sheik
>she(ik)
>(s)he(ik)

sheik is a boy, right there he tells you his sex.
>>
Alright fellas. We all know how it is the person who gets the triforce of power and fucks the balance up and the other 2 band together to stop them.

But would that be the case for say, wisdom as well? Like if Zelda tried to conquer using wisdom (although that's more of a lust for power) the other two, courage and power, would band together to stop her?
>>
>>342364978
Anon, you really need to stop shitposting.
>>
>>342365070
shank her with the mastersword obviously
>>
>>342364978
HE
>>
>>342364787
KEK

If we're playing it like that, she did play a Harp which requires pretty dainty strummin skills, something a woman would be excellent at.

>>342364978
>shiek
>SHEik
>SHE ik

It's right there anon.
>>
>>342365070
I'd guess it's that way. Or what it could turn out, if Power is with Ganon again, is he might just blow everything apart and defeat her himself without Link's help.

Course that's assuming Ganon isn't trying to rule the world again.
>>
File: 1453572622782.jpg (4 KB, 200x210) Image search: [Google]
1453572622782.jpg
4 KB, 200x210
>>342364978
oh shit
>>
I want to cut a hole in sheik's pants and ravage sheik's bum without revealing the mystery
>>
>>342365070
Probably not honestly. It'd likely just be a 1v1v1 at that point, she'd be threatening Ganondorf's rule and he'd need the piece anyways.

I always say the pieces as basically.

Power > Wisdom > Courage > Power, like rock/paper/scissors. Ganondorf always manages to overpower and capture Zelda, Link always manages to overpower and stop Ganondorf, and Zelda always seems to be able to influence Link.
>>
>>342365093
shitposting?
Give me a little credit. I'm making solid arguments here.
>>
>>342365194
>>SHE ik

>she? ICK!

I dunno, man.
>>
>>342365521
Aw fuck it I'm done with the shitposting

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/nintendo-has-officially-ended-the-sheik-gender-debate

Even kids knew it was Zelda straight away, how are you dumber than a kid?
>>
>>342365794
I never said Sheik wasn't Zelda, anon.
I just said that sheik is a boy.

Please, please learn to read. It could have spared us this argument had you understood what I meant from the start.
>>
The same argument could be made about why someone didn't just break down the Door of Time.

The fact that the temple I'd completely untouched by Ganon even 7 years later while the rest of the world is fukt seems to imply the temple is isolated from the outside world in some way. Maybe it's in some kind of temporal vortex. Maybe the Master Sword's room didn't even exist in Hyrule until Link put the stones on the slab.

It's both magic AND time travel, who fucking knows.
>>
Didn't you play Twilight Princess?
That window leads to a dungeon.
>>
>>342366020
Except Shiek is a girl too, just an athletic girl to play off against Links masculinity. I'm sorry that you're literally gay blind but lets not argue your shit like its fact faggot.
>>
>>342365241
I don't think there's a single game where Ganon(dorf) ever kills Zelda, though. There must be some reason for that involving the Triforce. I'm sure he's CAPABLE, he just chooses to either restrain her or put her to sleep, then waits for Link to show up.

He has gotten his hands on the full Triforce at least once, but I assume he needs the pieces to come together and at many points in time those pieces are not artifacts but spiritual successors. Killing the successor would likely result in that piece becoming intangible.
>>
Game where we use the evil Master Sword instead when?
>>
>>342366410
Ghirahim isn't evil, he's just following his Master's orders because his original master in Lorule is a cowardly piece of shit.
>>
>>342366257
No no. Sheik is an effeminate boy which plays off Link's masculinity.

Sheik is thoughtful, svelte and poetic.
Link is silent, muscular and a warrior.

They compliment each other in such a unique way. Like no other couples in the zelda series. It's literally perf.
>>
>>342360371
Understated post
>>
File: 1415890680138.jpg (61 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1415890680138.jpg
61 KB, 640x512
>>342366646
Except Nintendo have said Shiek is a girl to shut up this years long debate. /v/ even had threads of gays whining.

So it was fun anon but it's time to stop. Enjoy your day dude.
>>
>>342364593
>Wind Goddess
What game?

>Nayru of the Light and Shadow. (Light and Shadow Sages, you can't have Light without Shadow).
Very good correlation. However, you can have light without shadow so I don't see a connection.

I've always seen it as Forest and Fire (the Mask of Truth is a combination of the Wind and Fire symbols), Spirit and Light (Auru in TP. His not in JP isn't referring to Rauru, but Nabooru) , Shadow and Water (Zora and Kakariko Graveyard).

Lastly, Demise expresses his hate to the gods twice in Skyward Sword. That includes Din.
>>
>>342360001
Time only lapsed because you weren't fit as a child to fight ganondorf
>>
>>342366410
>having to deal with the living weapon shit again

Lets just leave that to Soul Eater and never reference SS again.
>>
>>342366839
>Enjoy your day dude.
Thanks I will :)
>>
>>342365070
Demise's curse would still cause Ganondorf to innately want to fight Link and Zelda, I think.

The only way it'd work is for both Zelda's and Link's reincarnations to go bad. Then Ganondorf would by his nature take up the role of hero to defeat them.
>>
When's Zeldo?
>>
File: 1299170881098.jpg (12 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1299170881098.jpg
12 KB, 252x240
>>342364048
>Sheik's real name is Tom Sheik.
>>
>>342366869
>What game?
Wind Waker, which also conveniently has Wind Gods as well.
>>342366869
>Very good correlation. However, you can have light without shadow so I don't see a connection.
Fair enough.

Who knows with the Sages and correlations though. Sages get really weird especially in the Downfall timeline where there is a 7th one, likely for Zelda's lineage, but not Royalty. And then we have two extra colors, White and Light Blue. Which I would like to assume White would be Zelda's.

And fair, I did forget Demise cursed Din as well.
>>
>>342367063
He'd never be the hero.
Zelda and Link never "go bad."
They always balance each other: Demise, Hylia and the Hero
All due to circumstance. When Demise has more power, the world is filled with evil. When Hylia has more power, the world is stable. When the Hero has more power, the world reverts to a neutral state.

Curses and deities notwithstanding, Ganon rules over evil and evil always exists. To remove a situation where there are no more monsters of "evil" tribes goes against the world that was created.
>>
>>342367849
Nowhere in the explanation of the creation of hyrule does it mention evil existing
>>
>>342368152
This, The Triforce is what drives people to evil. There are still good demons.

Now the curious question is, where did the Demons come from? Did Farore create them along with all life? Are they Hyrule's Subrosians since they came from the Earth? Holodrum and Labrynna were likely created by the Goddesses too and Hyrule just happened to be their exit point, same with Lorule/Termina.

Like one giant continent between the two with 3/2 countries respectively.
>>
>>342368152
That's the Sacred Realm. Even there, it's frequently used to seal evil within it.
Hyrule is simply a location on the planet.
>>
>>342368452
Demons came from Termina, who climbed the Stone Tower upsidedown into Lorule, stole their master sword, and then the ruling figures broke their Triforce to keep it out of the demons hands. The demons, enraged, tore a crack in the sacred realm that led them to Hyrule, where they came from a fissure in the earth.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-20+at+04.15.17).jpg (72 KB, 574x522) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-20+at+04.15.17).jpg
72 KB, 574x522
>>342368987
christ where the fuck was this explained
that sounds so.... out there...
>>
>>342368987
I don't know if Termina/Lorule technically exist on the same plane though. Portals are used to enter both of them, you can argue against Termina, but the fall is very portal like, it could function very similarly. Kind of like how the Twilight Realm doesn't exist on the same realm either.

And doesn't the Historia say Termina is an alternate realm/dimension? It functions almost identical to Lorule. I could see them actually being connected by land mass.
>>
So the whole "downfall" timeline, is it a translation error? I don't see how a whole set of games are just a what if scenario where Link dies in OoT. It would make sense for them to be the games that took place in the original timeline Link left when he time traveled in the first place and Ganondorf was never confronted.
>>
You all have to remember things about the magical artifacts in Zelda: they're just artifacts.

The Triforce is simply an artifact left behind at the exit point when the 3 Goddesses left the world once they were finished creating it. There is, indeed, at least two. One in Hyrule, one in Lorule.
The fact that Ganondrof, Link and Zelda all have a piece of the Triforce is limited. They only have their respective pieces of the Hyrulian Triforce AND only in certain timelines (in which the Hyrulian Triforce has been shattered). In many timelines, the Triforce is intact or shattered independently elsewhere in the land.
The fact that Ganondorf, Zelda and Link all keep becoming mainstays is NOT related to the Triforce. It is related to Demise, Hylia and her Hero. It is coincidence they are constantly related to the Hyrule Triforce artifact (but, when you have nearly supreme beings, it's kind of a given they'll seek that ultimate power each time they're resurrected).
Hyrule is not the only place in the world. Many other nations exist, at least 4 of which are explicitly protected by their own deities (counterpart to Hylia).
>>
>>342369408
There was an anon in a few threads explaining it pretty properly, but those threads dissolved into another anon arguing that it wasn't a timeline despite the Historia straight up saying that that 3 timelines were created from OoT.

I think his argument was that somehow two Hero of Time's existed at the same time, unlike the cases with the other games, which is what caused the split.
>>
File: 1444762010089.png (23 KB, 223x160) Image search: [Google]
1444762010089.png
23 KB, 223x160
>Sacred realm
>Hyrule
>Termina
>Lorule

I'm really getting confused here.

Too many realms!
>>
>>342367694
>Sages get really weird especially in the Downfall timeline where there is a 7th one, likely for Zelda's lineage, but not Royalty. And then we have two extra colors, White and Light Blue.

It's Cia/Ceres' sage line. I haven't played Hyrule Warriors yet, but I know that Cia is the result of this sage being corrupted. Lana is her good side, and wears blue and white from what I've seen, and her name is "the White Witch."

Both carry a book, and have off-colored hair. Lana's real name starts with "C."

They're probably the keeper of the Temple of Time in the mortal world (since the Light Temple is in the Sacred Realm, and so that Sage must always be dead).
>>
If we're thinking about how/where Breath of the Wild falls into place when we are considering "heroic failures" as reasons, I should remind you all that in Wind Waker Ganondorf was seeking to use the Triforce to UNDO the flooding of Hyrule in order to rule it. he had enough power to do the ruling without making wishes. It was the King that got the Triforce first and wished for Hyrule's destruction and Ganondorf being sealed amidst the rubble.

So, does Breath of the Wild exist in a time where Ganondorf got the Triforce and unsummoned the flooding and rules or where the King got to the Triforce and damned Hyrule even further in order to keep Ganondorf at bay?
>>
>>342359546
only link could pull the sword out
>>
>>342369846
You forgot Twilight!
>>
I feel like the "downfall" timeline came into place because Aonuma wanted to show the fans that they hadn't figured everything out, so went with the idea of the gameover being a timeline in of itself - because he was definitely talking about just TWO timelines for a long time in interviews (leading up to windwaker and again in twilight princess).

Where as a more logical explination for the third timeline would be the fact that when link jumped forward in time the first time, he left a whole timeline behind without a Link, allowing ganondorf to easily win.

This makes more sense and doesn't have the weird asterisk of "Ganondorf killed link".
>>
File: 3464325.jpg (25 KB, 378x263) Image search: [Google]
3464325.jpg
25 KB, 378x263
>>342370057
aaAAAAAAA
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-20+at+01.19.41).jpg (56 KB, 640x399) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-20+at+01.19.41).jpg
56 KB, 640x399
>>342370057
best realm
>>
>>342369846
The Planet of Hyrule was created. (Yes the planet is also named Hyrule for whatever dumb reason).

Within it 3 countries were created. Hyrule, Labrynna, and Holodrum, with Holodrum containing a sub-continent underneath it, Subrosia.

When the Goddesses were done, the exit point was Hyrule, which would later become the Sacred Realm where the Triforce rested.

The Goddesses also created alternate dimensions, consisting of two countries, Termina and Lorule. Their exit point created another Triforce (this one also inverted and being connected to the Sacred Realm).

That's basically it.
>>
>>342361259
not true they just can't be scratched due to their hardness, there's a difference.
>>
>>342369846
It's pretty similar to norse mythology
>>
>>342369846
Main Realms so far
Hyrule/Old Hyrule
New Hyrule
>"New Hyrule is split into five regions, with Hyrule Castle and the Tower of Spirits at its center, encircled by the Forest Realm, the Snow Realm, the Ocean Realm, the Fire Realm, and the Sand Realm."
Great Sea
Great Sky
Ordana
Labrynna
Holodrum
Subrosia
Parallel Realms so far
Koholint Island
Termina
World of the Ocean King
Lorule
Other Realms so far
Sacred Realm
Twilight Realm
Non-Canon???
Koridai
Gamelon
Calatia (Link is usually deemed Calatian when not Hyrulian)
>>
File: 25891541fo.jpg (70 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
25891541fo.jpg
70 KB, 800x535
>>342366984
Too bad, autist. there are statues of Hylia in the new Zelda. SS is canon
>>
>>342370083
You could actually just do this.

>SS->MC->OoT->WW->PH->ST->LoZ->AoL
>SS->MC->OoT->MM->ALttP->OoA/S->LA->ALBW->FSA->TP

It fits just fine.
>>
>>342370779
Those last 3 are definitely not canon and Subrosia is part of Holodrum, just underneath it. Koholint Island doesn't actually exist, same with World of the Ocean King.
>>
>>342370873
No you dingus.
Child timeline
MM>TP>FS>FSA>ALTTP>OOX>LA>ALBW>Z1>Z2

This was the common idea before the Historia because Ganondorf dies in Twilight Princess, which means the new Ganondorf in Four Swords Adventures, who becomes the blue pig Ganon IN THAT GAME, is the one involved in the imprisoning war, which isn't Ocarina of Time.

Too bad they decided to be stupid about it just because Ocarina of Time HAS to be the imprisoning war.
>>
>>342370873
>It fits just fine.
>ALttP set in the timeline where link still exists

No it doesn't. The imprisoning war only makes sense if Link is dead or not there, that's why it's in it's own timeline.
>>
>>342366646
This is pure delusion.
>>
>>342369176
His ass

>>342368452
Demons likely are remnants of the chaos/void that the Goddesses descended upon to make the world.

I have no proof of this, it just seems to match up best with lore to me.
>>
>>342366839
Why would anyone for a moment think shiek is a boy or not Zelda? This makes no sense
>>
>you will never have that feeling of walking into that room for the first time ever again...
>>
>>342371323
I'm telling you man, they're from Termina
Termina doesn't have a Triforce because they're godless heathens.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-20+at+04.18.27).jpg (75 KB, 573x522) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-20+at+04.18.27).jpg
75 KB, 573x522
>>342371323
thank god for that
>>
>>342370873
>>342371172
You're both wrong.

Only 3 Hyrules exist on the sea if we're going by a two timeline theory (obviously not as Historia is canon), but lets entertain the idea.

>WW-PH-ST-FSA-LoZ-AoL

FSA, and LoZ/AoL's Hyrules are on the ocean/sea. This gives rise to FSA having been revived and none of these games containing the Master Sword as well.

Meanwhile for the other timeline you'd just have.

>MM-ALttP-Oracles-LA-ALBW-TP

This way TP Link is the one that finally finishes off Ganondorf in this timeline and also explains the sheer amount of destruction that has befallen Hyrule, the chasms and valleys all over the place. You could also place it in between MM/ALttP due to the Triforce of Power and execution scene, but that doesn't explain Hyrule's massive differences.
>>
>>342371520
Neither does Labrynna and Holodrum. >>342370387 explained it best. In that Lorule/Hyrule's Triforces are just part of all the areas Triforces.

The Triforce is just an exit point and Termina had to have been created by the Goddesses, otherwise we enter another Wind Fish/Ocean King scenario.

Which is possible knowing Majora.
>>
>>342371239
THAT WAS CLEARLY A SERIOUS CONVERSATION
>>
>>342371762
In Link to the Past GBA you visit the temple of the four sword, and FSA was originally a ALTTP remake. They obviously were meant to be in the same continuity. Ganon even gets the Trident he has in ALTTP in FSA.
>>
>>342372651
Is that even canon?
>>
>>342359546
nobody knew how to climb back then
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.