[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Arma 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 9
File: arma.png (916 KB, 1098x877) Image search: [Google]
arma.png
916 KB, 1098x877
What does /v/ think of Arma 3?
>>
sucks because it's not jrpg
>>
It's not bad.
>>
its good but I played too much and lost interest. way too much.

find a group, it isn't a single player or casual multiplayer game. if you are willing to both buy it and find a group to play with it will be one of the most enjoyable multiplayer fps experiences you'll ever have. but it requires going and finding people you'd like to hang with.
>>
File: 20160523155059_1.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160523155059_1.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
I love it.

Already got 2k hours and spend most of them in helicopters and planes. I mainly play Milsim and transport our ground units, fly for the parachute jumps, manage medevacs and CAS.

Currently working on a D-Day like Mission in the editor to play with my unit. It's gonna be fun.
>>
It's fun with friends.

There's still an active /v/ group that plays every other day.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/broma3
>>
>>342351406
This right here, folks
>>
>>342351119
>it's not a jrpg

What makes you say that?
>>
is the singleplayer good?
>>
>>342352415
Broma is garbage, AKB(formerly A3G) is also garbage but slightly more tolerable
>>
>>342350869
Pure autism.

If I could find people to play with that dont force you to say "over" or "roger that" I'd probably like it.
>>
>>342352660
Go back to CoD
>>
>>342352415
>wanting to play with a bunch of memespouting alt-right 18 year olds

no thanks
>>
>>342350869
Is the first Arma playable?
>>
steamcommunity.com/groups/Alkibab

RPing is grounds for bullying
>>
Should I buy Apex?
>>
>>342352810
>not channeling your tacticool autism means I play CoD
Sorry but getting yelled at because I dont use the correct words gets old. If I want that I'll just go to tumblr.
>>
>>342352817
>only liberals should play videogames!!!!
>>
>>342353215
you can be right wing without being an alt-right retard
>>
>>342352618
just join murshun
>>
>>342352854
All of them are.
>>
>>342352660

this. i tried joining Broma and they kicked me because I wouldn't reply with "copy that" or some alternative.

I never heard so many mouthbreathers yell at me for just saying "okay"

If you want to be all tacticool just join the fucking military.
>>
anyone tried the apex weapons yet?
>>
>>342354665
yes, you can shoot with them
>>
>>342350869
Tried the single player campaign and it was good until the minefield part
I fucking stopped playing where my own fucking allies left me behind because I was busy killing 5 fucking armed men alone and I wasn't in the mood to run through half of the map again with that stamina system
>>
Great bang for buck, I've put 500h in it and it costed me 15$. The mod scene is fantastic as well.

Get it
>>
i only played the first one and that heavy tacticool shit was really stupid. is it still just pve?
>>
I think I wish I didn't have a toaster so I could play it, mod it, add mechs and run a server.

the series as a whole makes most fps look like garbage.
>>
350h into it, usually just play invade and annex over the space of 3? years and now play battle royale. had it since alpha day 1

you could fight in any scenario you want providing you have the patience to setup mods. i do suggest you get a group of friends or join some gay group to play with.

Community is mature but can be pretty autistic in the way they communicate.

Speaking of community i wish the fucking ALTIS life cunts would just fuck off.
>>
>>342350869
If you're actually planning to buy it then I'd say wait for the summer sale. There's bound to be a better deal coming.
>>
>>342354335
This either didn't happen or the group has changed drastically in the last couple months.
>>
>>342355227
Some groups play PvP but very few are large enough to do it constantly. Occasionally you get two communities organizing an event and battling it on a larger scale which is cool as fuck though.

There's also wasteland and other pvp shit on the public servers but fuck you if you go there. That shit is the cancer thats killing the game from the inside.
>>
>arma 3 thread
>all the "4chan" groups pop up
every god damm thread, this is why we cant discuss arma
>>
>>342352551
No as the AI is too good & spots you through walls etc. also it can be buggy as fuck.
>>
anyone on the sneak build of apex?

Shit is great, missions are sparse but there are servers liike ahoy world already up
>>
All the mods and maps available ,jurrasic mode,vietnam... there so much to do on it.
>>
>>342357142
Just ignore them and discuss about arma.

How is the new map they released? I haven't kept up with the game in a while.
>>
>>342357367
The new map I havent played but seen someone stream (it was the only way to see the map) . It looks amazing, there a volcano and all sorts around on it.
>>
>>342357332
can you play multiplayer with mods? what are the most populated ones?
>>
>>342355367
What's wrong with altis life
>>
>>342357367
https://youtu.be/HvEGxdmjKro
>>
>>342357452
not really touching it before offical release then blazeing though the co-op campains
right now its all about playing dem wolfpack missions for fun and preparation
>>
It's pretty good.
>>
so is there a group for a new player, without the autism?
>>
i played the single player a bit but i had some mexican repack that was meant to be able to go online, so i played that. i dont think they even spoke spanish. but it was fun. would recommend. wish they'd stop fucking around and just get w/e they need to do for licensing just to make the real versions of things.
>>
>>342357542
This is Apex right?
>>
Can someone describe this game to me, as compared to something like COD or battlefield? Or any other modern tacticool fps?

The let's play vids are too long, and it even seems the default mode has zombies?

The only thing I can understand from it is it's "hardcore" and once you die, you die for good?
-And a co-op mission with friends can take hours?
>>
>>342357715
Nice bait.
>>
desu senpai, arma 3 is great.

tfw nobody to play with that aren't 4chin groups.
>>
>>342357510
Last I played public multiplayer was filled with shit like Wasteland which is basically Dayz without the zombies, Altis Life which is some rp shit and other shit mods/game modes like that.

The good shit is in communities that operate usually a couple times a week and play varying degrees of organized games that somewhat try to actually use the milsim aspect of the game. Every group/community has their own compilation of mods that they use but most are built around ACE3.
>>
>>342357332
>,jurrasic mode
jesus, thanks for posting that. sounds great

>>342357452
shame to say there is nothing in the volcano, then again the only volcano i seen in a video game i can think of was the transformer game almost 15 years ago. Expectations were clouded.

Aesthetically the map is delicious and it's so nice to see other buildings around the map. The main town is pretty too.

Forests are the best i have ever seen and it's easy to be disorientated by it if you're in 1st person.

Well worth £20 at release, maybe hold off until then. it is pretty buggy and the servers are sparse
>>
>>342357715
What? I'm serious.
I bought arma 2 a long time ago but literally spent like an hour before anything happened.

I think I made it to some part where you're on a motor boat and you leave the big carrier type boat, but I had lost interest at that point.

I wanna get into it, but it seems really long and drawn out, and I don't have friends to play with, so I won't be able to co-op at all.
>>
File: pepe feels good.jpg (39 KB, 330x357) Image search: [Google]
pepe feels good.jpg
39 KB, 330x357
>>342357715
Core mechanics are pretty complicated at first if you havent played any ARMA game earlier but few hours and you're in. Shit loads of game modes such as cancerous live you life shit, capture the hill, even deathmatch. Obviously weapons, vehicles, a lot of communication and large scale battles on holy shit big maps. If you want your autism dose of tacticool shooters, find a milsim group and play some CO-OP with 'em, shit's rad unless you cannot stand autism.
Also, can someone tell me how is framerate on that new map? A lot of vegetation from what I saw and I feel like that can brick even my PC running ARMA on ultra fine.
>>
>>342357971
>Well worth £20 at release, maybe hold off until then. it is pretty buggy and the servers are sparse
>not having bought the supporter pack that gets you all the DLC for free
I think I paid 60€ for it and got a 20€ coupon on the Bohemia webstore on top of that with which I bought Dayz standalone.
>>
>>342357715
>>342358054
The game isn't made for singleplayer. It does have sp campaigns but they're shit and the game isn't very good without mods. This is especially the case for arma2.

It's a milsim in that it tries to give you tools to simulate military scenarios in realistic environments and tools. Zombies have nothing to do with the base game.
>>
>>342358221
> Dayz standalone
forgot about that meme

tempted to buy the sniper dlc in the sale, so goddamn tired of the pop up when i equip one wrong thing
>>
File: ISHYGDDS_Louis.png (3 MB, 2039x1531) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDS_Louis.png
3 MB, 2039x1531
>>342358437
>arma 3 SP campaign is shit
you what nigger it's fucking great
>>
>>342357870
>implying i dont run such a group
tell me what you are looking for
>>
>>342358757
no dramas
>>
Extremely boring and the mods are vague as hell
>>
>>342359432
And I bet you have >1 hour in game on your steam
>>
>>342359432
>mods are vague as hell

maybe you're just dumb as fuck
>>
>>342357712
Yes sorry. Its why I upgraded to a 1080 & 4790k for this kind of shit!
>>
>>342359361
something i cannot guarantee, its simply just a part of arma
now what i can say is, i have given many people a good time and that could include you
>>
I've been playing it with two friends recently but I really don't get how it works

I'm playing invade and annex which I *think* is like the vanilla multiplayer mode?

Then I'm like, cool, and me and my friends join a squad and get on the transport copter. We then go the combat zone where we then end up getting killed by some dude one by one and none of us know where he was or what we did wrong.

It's a very confusing game for me, I can tell it's a fun game but I can't work out where the fun is
>>
>>342358437
>>342358094

Right, sounds like it's made for co-op, which isn't an option for me.

The let's play video I saw must have been modded with zombies (it was not a day z mod, must've been some other mod).
>>
Play battle royale, so addictive
>>
>>342360157
possibly amra2 dayz. Or some modded map

This kind of stuff makes you want to play though
https://youtu.be/thZ9VDj0kDs
>>
>>342359989
well shit, maybe i guess
>>
>>342360032
Get away from the construct of vanilla gamemodes or even restrictions. Arma is a sandbox and you can do literally anything you want in it - from Pong to Car races to military roleplaying or deathmatch.

Arma is a little more realistic than other shooters and requires you to be careful. In Invade & Annex you fight against KI over control of randomly generated bases/missionsites and comtowers.

You could have asked for your team for an evac or CAS help. Even a small scout helicopter or a drone for recon could have helped in that sitation.
>>
>>342360350
gimme a steam id and location we could work something out
>>
>>342360032
This guide could also help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CuBMsHAtFw
>>
>>342360814
Hes pretty much the goto guy for arma tutorials.
>>
>>342360772
i live in yuropistan

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197998586328/
>>
>>342350869

You can actually get all the armas and most of their dlc for 20 bucks. Don't buy it on Steam now.

https://store.bistudio.com/products/arma15-bundle
>>
>>342360772
Another anon here, what times do you usually operate? EU friendly times?
>>
>>342361313
7 pm UK
>>
>>342361405
How big of a group is it?
>>
>>342359823
I'd imagine it's not even gonna run well on high-end PCs either because Bohemia.
>>
>>342361572
looking at some 19 people, 12 active
>>
>>342359989
>i have given many people a good time and that could include you
w-will you love me long time?
>>
>>342361907
me give big boom boom only five dorra
>>
What kind of pc do i need to run this at 60fps without it looking like shit?
>>
>>342361654
With that setup I managed 60 fps on a single player custom made map (one I downloaded from steam workshop) it did drop to 45 at times and generally stayed in the 50s so yep its heavy going
>>
I think the best way to play this game is getting a group with no drama to do just enjoy the game for what it can offer. I've had a few unfortunate run ins with groups who have shit overly zealous management or they're just a friend group.

I pretty much just stick to either fucking around by myself and just through AI at each other and remote controlling in zeus or play it with my boyfriend.

Honestly I'd say using NIArms, CUP and RHS (With all of their content, mind that) while using ares for additional zeus usage has a good result.
>>
>>342357367
Its nice.

Map is fine and a change in setting.
The new pla inf and voices are fine too.

The fucking csat pelikan hind thingy is a blast.
>>
>>342362337
>boyfriend
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
Pretty shit. Mainly because the devs seem incompitant.
>terrible optimization
>boring as fuck modes in the base game
>Community made mods are he only remotely enjoyable aspect of the game

I have never tried to like a game series so hard in my life. But even with a group its just about waiting around and hoping something interesting happens every once in a while
>>
File: Cock Attack.gif (954 KB, 200x172) Image search: [Google]
Cock Attack.gif
954 KB, 200x172
>>342362857
Gay or not, groups are essential.
It is hard finding one which isn't 40GB worth of random bullshit or dramatic.

>>342362967
>incompitant
>>
>>342363054
hell im at 16 gigs of crap and a good chunk of that is just more islands
RHS, ACE, TFAR or ACRE is a given
>>
Bought it yesterday evening but haven't had the chance to play it. Playing Arma 2 for a good chunk of time and had fun without multiplayer so I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>342362967
Game modes approach doesn't really work for the game anyway. It's more about scripted missions that allow the players plan their own way how to accomplish them. Your group is shit if it's just waiting around and hoping for something to happen.

In many ways it's like Bethesda games. They provide a great base for modders to make the games great.
>>
>>342363227
Do you have All the cup shit and NIARMS?
>>
You can get every Arma game and dlc (except Apex) on BI's own store for 17€

https://store.bistudio.com/products/arma15-bundle
>>
>>342362967
The optimization is all right, its just that when servers run 214123*10^208964 scripts you'll never get higher than 20 fps.
>>
>>342363357
i dont use NIARMS, hell i dont even know what it is
>>
>>342363553
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=665702172

I think including CUP units, vehicles and terrain definitely helps. There's a lot of good shit from the previous games as well as all the vehicles and diversity it offers.
>>
All is good, but you'll experience great frame drop in a big server.

So I'm just waiting for new engine.
>>
is it any less clunky than arma 2
>>
>>342363683
i would rather just use pure CUP content then, in fact i used to do that before the change to RHS
>>
>>342363867
What do you prefer?
>>
I'm a fan since the OFP days. They're excellent games yet incredibly buggy as shit, and literally has no competition.

They're not for everyone. Like I mentioned, it's buggy as shit, controls like shit, and requires a high end PC. Not to mention that it's a milsim, you will be frustrated by most of things. But boy oh boy, if it isn't the most immersive and scariest war game I've ever played.

Arma 2 & 3 are the best ones IMO.
>>
I would buy it in a heartbeat but i know the game runs like absolute shit on my PC.

Shame that DayZ runs better than this
>>
>>342364143
>it's buggy as shit, controls like shit
They've improved a lot on these two with A3.
>>
>>342364016
RHS because its smaller though i admit we are missing out on some weapons
doing another switch will be a pain in the ass since i made my own faction in other to get units "ready to go" from the moment they are placed in the editor
>>
>>342364229
It's just because DayZ got engine changed last week. I was surprised too.
>>
Good with friends, I almost never play alone or consider starting it up unless I have someone to play with. The recent update has smoothed performance pretty well, I think it's because of a physics upgrade. I haven't read the update notes yet though.
>>
What ARMA game has the best singleplayer campaign?
>>
>>342364143
>High end pc
I don't think so, the base game can be run by literally anything. The biggest impact towards frames is actually the server you are playing on.

>>342364412
Smaller?
Sure, but everything I've mentioned is pretty much straight off steam. I'd say most of my qualms come from shit which isn't on steam with the exception of TFAR/ACRE and RHS.

What playstyle do you have?
Coop with zeus elements or just straight out editor missions?
>>
just join the army, get your desire to be tacticool in your """sim""" right the fuck out.\

>pt is at 0500, lets have formation at 0335 to make sure we have accountability.
>>
>>342350869
DU DU DU DU
DUU DUDUDUDU dudu DUDUDU

Other than that its ok but I just wish the animations and field of view on that game weren't fucking horrible and 99% of servers weren't autist armchair soldier servers
>>
>>342364616
the overall size of the RHS mods should still be smaller than the whole CUP project, i already think asking people for 16 gigs is a lot

a bit of both really but these days we focus on the wolfpack vol1 missions
in general we use the editor to create missions while zeus is for a one-off or simply just practice
>>
>>342364754
I get my kicks out of a autistic group of people playing milsim airsoft.

Pretty fun, camping outdoors and shit
>>
>another thread where a bunch of delusional autists try to shill their autistic groups
kill yourselves
>>
>>342364570
ArmA 3 is dramatic.
ArmA 2 hit the elements right but unfortunately being a small indie developer doesn't do you any favours in terms of voice acting. PMC was absolute shit and BAF just felt like the game trying to take itself too seriously. OA was pretty decent but linear. That apache one and the base game campaign was the highlight of it all.
I've been trying to play A1's campaign but it does nothing despite how it's interestingly setup to be multiple decision.

Everyone jerks off to the OPF, but I don't see the praise.

>>342364870
Animations in A3 are fine.
>Field of view wasn't horrible
Not sure about that.

>>342364754
It isn't really tacticool which appeals to me for A3, what I like about it the most is "Those" moments or nice strategic gameplay and shit.

>>342364872
True. What do you have as a whole modlist?
>>
>>342350869

I enjoy playing wasteland on it and will probably do the same on the new jungle map, there i said it I'm not proud but that's how it is.
>>
Any good missions on the workshop for 3-4 players? My buddy and I are struggling to find decent ones.
>>
>>342365249
Honestly your best bet is just getting whoever is the best with zeus in your group to play in that role and just get him to setup a mission then play along with you. A lot of the missions are complete shit compared to stuff you can take a few seconds to create by pressing "Y'
>>
>>342365249
>>342365384

Get your Zeus to roleplay a few units, it's fun af.
>>
Anyone playing standalone again now that it has been better optimized and they've increased the spawning of guns? I've been having a blast
>>
>>342365119
ACE
ASR AI 3
RHSUSAF
RHSAFRF
TFAR
Alive
Ares
Cup terrian
>>
>>342365568
I've done it. It is fun.
>>
>>342364570
Arma 2 and OFP

>>342365119
OFP/Resistance campaigns back then were ambitious as shit. There are choices presented in the game were it does change how the event played (An example, there's a mission where you play as a black op to blow up tanks, and how many tanks you destroyed affect how many tanks on the next mission). They're also varied and the set pieces are memorable. The only problem is they're buggy as hell and the score mechanic on the OFP is legit the most retarded shit ever convinced for a single player FPS.
>>
>>342365656
That's a pretty good combination.
Don't know how you got up to 16b with that though.

RHS and RHS are like, 12gb
I'm unsure how ALIVE and ASR make it 16gb.

How are your missions?
Describe one as of late

>>342365712
I did play the resistance one a little, and the main campaign. It was okay. I like how the practiclaly didn't limit you and you got a pretty good handle over everything. If there's anything I appreciate about arma before 3, it's that pretty much everything is unlocked even though some of it can be pretty mission breaking.
>>
I really want to like the iron front 1944 mod but i cant get round the guns not hitting the pixle im aiming at. Im fine with the modern rifles because they are automatic and you can clearly see where the bullet lands with tracers. But these bolt action rifles are infuriating.

The tanks in ifa3lite are awesome though.
>>
>>342366062
Also the artilery that comes with the mod doesnt work properly and i cant set up a support request. For one mission i made i ended up using a IAF mortar and changed the operators gear so he looked like he was in the red army with a space aged mortar.
>>
>>342364570
Operation Flashpoint
>>
Will I have fun just joining a random server? I don't have any friends who own this game at the moment.
>>
File: question mark loli.jpg (37 KB, 348x342) Image search: [Google]
question mark loli.jpg
37 KB, 348x342
Is there a non-autistic non-milsim group that play with beginners?
>>
>>342367110
https://units.arma3.com
>>
>>342366042
all kinds of stuff, mostly just clear areas and demolish things
nothing special really
>>
>>342350869
Fun. I got over 2000+ hours. I own all dlc. I played with a group before it died. The group was so awful it almost tainted my look at Arma3. Play mostly SP now. Tanoa might be the best Bohemia map made. The map design is just really good. That said Arma3 suffers because of it cant run off more than one CPU core (the tweak in launcher options doesn't really work). Also the devs put stuff in the game then take it away with the next updates all the time it's so irritating. Some mods break with every update. Other than that it's a fun combined arms sandbox. But I think once a game like SQUAD brings in vehicles that game might be the one most regular people go to for a general milsim experience since Arma3 is full of Life-mod morons.
>>
>>342367110
Honestly your best bet is just to ask some random fucks on her or give them your ID and just play with them, clans are usually cancer.

Beginners are the best because you can mold the shit out of them.
>>
>>342367561
What was it called mate?

>Squad hype
You serious nigger
People won't leave arma for its P E R S I S T A N C E
>>
>>342366989
This game doesn't work very well on public multiplayer. ARMA2 used to have a scene for it but afaik all those Dayz mod servers pretty much killed the last of it. Not sure how ARMA3 is but I'm fairly sure it's full of game modes that have nothing to do with what the game is supposed to be.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.