[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World of Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 24
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x430
>That vanilla WoW memory you will always cherish even though it's almost a decade since

What was it /v/?
>>
During the AQ opening we world pvp'd until there was no morning... most enjoyable experience ever.
>>
>>342342367

PvE server here I had the opposite experience. Kept running into all the horde I pvp'ed with and /waved at all of them. Fun as hell.
>>
>>342342228
Those little fights in front of Tarren Mill.
It went from that random ganking and escalated in to a large fight between low levels and the occasional level 60 rogue rape machine.
>>
File: gone but not forgotten.jpg (143 KB, 1002x668) Image search: [Google]
gone but not forgotten.jpg
143 KB, 1002x668
I played so many different characters when this came out, it's hard to pick just one.

>Snow crunching under my feet in Dun Morogh.
>Entering Ironforge.
>Finding the entrance into Undercity.
>Entering Orgrimmar with those drums playing.
>The long walk from Camp Taurajo to the Crossroads.
>>
Alterac Valley.
Summoning giant bosses, doing quests for buffs.

Only recently did I have an AV game that wasn't done in 5 minutes. My guild sat at one tower, but the fact that they added in the reinforcement ticker still killed the fun.
>>
Walking through a starting zone and listening to that sweet sweet soundtrack that isn't as good anywhere else in the game.
>>
fucking rogues a new asshole as a hunter
>>
File: ByPFp.jpg (98 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ByPFp.jpg
98 KB, 1024x768
my name is not important
what is important is what im going to do
my genocide crusade begins here.
>>
questing in Tanaris at 3 am
>>
LEGACY
WHEN
H
E
N
>>
>>342343164

Wow Rogue T2
>>
>>342343381
Most beautiful set ever.
>>
First full length cape

Think I got it via a quest in Southshore
>>
>>342342228
Downing nefarian for the first time.
>>
>>342342228
Running into all the eggs in upper UBRS just to piss people off.
>>
File: 219075.jpg (10 KB, 260x160) Image search: [Google]
219075.jpg
10 KB, 260x160
When me and my guild killed ragnaros the first time then partied all weekend long raiding horde towns
>>
>>342342228
>spending hours on a quest before eventually using ThotBot
>spending hours looking for a specific way to enter a dungeon after dying
>>
unsubscribing
>>
>>342346929
Get out Leeroy.
>>
>>342342228
>almost a decade

math not your strong point familam?
>>
>>342342821
holy shit classic AV's would go forever. I fucking miss that shit. When you legitimately had a reason to go do the side quests, because everyone else was deadlocked at one tower. Fuck that was fun. What a creative and fun PvP
>>
That would be the first weeks after release, when no one knew what they were doing.
>>
>>342342228
>walljumping

Why did Blizzard remove all the fun.
>>
>>342342228

Finally earning the 2H boar mace with the knockdown effect on my enh shaman.

The very first time using it in AV, I instant gibbed a mage with a windfury + bounce proc and his corpse glitched into the air at about head height for my tauren.

Very fucking satisfying.
>>
>>342347179
How they fucked up with ashran is beyond me.

The zone is too fucking small, the main feature of the battle is pointless, all you do is grind the fucking strongboxes from those retarded minigames.
>>
>>342347080
TBC prepatch happened 9 years and 7 months ago, stay neurotypical.
>>
>>342342228
The human starting zone, pre-Cata.

Especially the Kobold Mine. And the camps.

And farming the Wolves for white items to sell to the vendors for copper to afford better gear before I even left.
>>
>>342347080
Since the memory

senpai
>>
>>342347262
WoD was rushed.
They got their influx of sub money and then they stopped caring.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Downloading that cool new movie everyone was talking about
Holy shit damn why is it so good even today.
>>
File: 6318-dota2_itssappening.gif (793 KB, 311x213) Image search: [Google]
6318-dota2_itssappening.gif
793 KB, 311x213
>>342347274
>The prepatch
Good times I was a warlock, fel guard was OP and CC wasn't nerfed yet
>>
>>342347345
I always felt like this guys retarded mentality bled into the PVP community and harkoned the shitstain that is arenas.

All he ever did was complain about 1v1 balance
>>
>>342347279

Often used to make a human char in random servers just to chill with other low levels. Loved that place.
>>
Create first character which is a night elf priest. Somebody invites me to a group and we both just start killing shit and exploring. Everything is new and amazing.

>Server shutdown in 15 minutes

Dude says we should get to shelter. Thought I would die or something if we didn't make it back in time. Mad dash to the nearest inn killing anything that gets in our way. Barely make it in time. Didn't know to add him to friends before I logged. Forgot his name and never saw him again. Not very exciting but I'll always remember it.
>>
>>342347274
So, memories from only the last 5 months of classic are allowed in this thread? Sounds like faggot who can't add is backpedaling.
>>
File: crying druid.jpg (17 KB, 249x251) Image search: [Google]
crying druid.jpg
17 KB, 249x251
>First character was a night elf
>Leave that little starting area
>See one of those giant purples trees walking along the path
>Blown away by how huge it is
>Later get into the main city
>See even bigger walking trees
>Fall off the edge of the city and die on a branch
>Jump off the city as a ghost and end up in the water
>Spend ages circling around trying to find a way back up
>Know nothing about Warcraft lore when I started the game, thought the giant tree that was spoken of in the night elf intro was that one in the starting area
>mfw I realise the entire fucking thing I'd been running around on was a giant tree
And later I travelled all the way to Orgrimmar as a ghost to have a look around, and then swam from Menethil to Westwind to get to Stormwind.
>>
>>342347578
>That vanilla WoW memory you will always cherish even though it's almost a decade since NO MEMORIES OLDER THAN ONE (1) DECADE ALLOWED!
lel you're fucking dumb
>>
File: boner.png (31 KB, 298x279) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
31 KB, 298x279
>Walking into ironforge for the first time
I wasn't a big fantasy nerd at the time, never knew dwarves lived in fucking mountains, that blew my fucking mind.
>>
>Being in Elwynn forest, wondering "I wonder what happens if you go too far out", entering Duskwood and proceeding to die. Alternatively entering Westfall with the giant fucking mechanical scarecrows and getting your shit rekt.
>Ironforge
>That time you and your underleveled friends camped that guy
>That time that guy came back with his level 60 main/guildmate and tried to camp you
>Priestbros mindcontrolling people into jumping off cliffs, into flagging themselves, into attacking guards and other shenanigans
>That first time you raided with a PuG
>Seeing a city leader for the first time with the levels ??? (Boss) and going oh shit
>Your first city raid
>Remaking your main as DK when the class first came out, RPing that your character turned evil
>Going on the Tram or one of the boats for the first time
>Jumping off the tram and trying to just walk it for the first time before realizing it's too fucking long
>Saving up for your first mount
>Deadmines/Wailing Caverns (RFC was shit)
>your first encounter with a based mage who gave you a shit load of free food/water
>That time those level 60s/70s helped you get the trinket in Gurubashi Arena, alternatively that time you helped that lowbie get the trinket in Gurubashi Arena
>When you were a bored shitter with shit gear who used to hang out and just wait for World PvP or stir it by going to Sentinel Hill/Crossroads respectively

It hurts so much bros.
>>
File: 1353427639560.png (429 KB, 770x580) Image search: [Google]
1353427639560.png
429 KB, 770x580
>Make a billions of Characters on Alliance because everyone i know plays on Ally
>Nothing really interest me, check Blizzard's main site
>Shaman has 40% speed on level 20, holy fuck that's FAST
>Also have Far Sight, which is like wandering all across the world
>And a bunch of other cool abilities
>Wait, it's only for Horde
>Take up Tauren because it's also have a lifesaving stun
>Comfy up while traveling the world
>Finally level 20
>Gotta also do my Water totem quest, started it in the morning
>Have to run all across northern eastern kingdom and Kalimdor several times
>Also gotta beat a elite on my own
>Finally finished it in the night, feeling satisfied of my travels while watching the in-game moon
>Get called to go swimming outside under the real moonlight, leave my Character there until i come back
>All those dungeons and raid actually talking to people and traveling to it
>Alterac Valley for a week
>All those events that blizzard made before big patches in Vanilla
>>
I have two:
Once in AV where we were getting the shit kicked out of us until we summoned the druids and then used the momentum to win. Lasted like 4 hours.
And the second was a full run of Stratholme in 6 hours.
>>
>>342347443
The Elwynn Forest theme always transports me back to 2005, when I had my first 14-Day Trial.
>>
File: pilgrimage.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pilgrimage.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>342342228

What was your first Pilgrimage, /v/?
>>
>>342342228
>cherishing unimaginative stale boring ass combat
>>
Quitting after 1 month because the game was too casual and going back to FFXI.
>>
>>342348152
The Wetlands one.
>>
>Going through the entirety of mauradon in one sitting
Shit felt like some lotr-like adventure
>>
>>342348198
>implying its changed in 10 years

The combat may have been dry, but WOW was an MMORPG, and took the RPG elements first and formost, rather then focusing on being a boring as fuck action RPG that it is now your stats actually mattered and sometimes you had to run from a fight, now you either faceroll or die to stupid mechanics.
>>
File: 1.gif (366 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
366 KB, 500x375
>>342342228

Ding!

I've yet to find another mmorpg that captures the camaraderie, fun and dedication of World of Warcraft.
>>
>>342348450
You have to go back in time for that.

Honestly im waiting for Pantheon, its made by the guy who pretty much set the stage for WOW with EQ1, and his last game wasn't bad, it just went through development hell with microsoft and sony.
>>
>>342342228
Fuck you for making me reminisce about WoW. I'm not coming back.
>>
File: IMG_1016_2.jpg (20 KB, 210x327) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1016_2.jpg
20 KB, 210x327
I have too many but this one kinda stands out:
>be playing vanilla at a friend's place, us two and his brother
>his brother has rolled a druid and he got that moonglade teleport
>we watch as he explores around at like level 15 or something
>eventually gets to the furbolg tunnel
>aggroes the first furbolg, tries to fight it and dies in one hit
>we're amazed that such a strong creature could exist
>we res the character and just check it out from afar with its *skull* level
>realize after all these years that it wasn't a legendary bear in a cave it was a goddamn furbolg in a furbolg tunnel
>>
>Completing that hard as balls class quest
>>
>>342348229
>suffered through the hell of STV
>decided to try questing in arathi to escape the ganking
>one quest sends me to badlands, this zone in the middle of nowhere
>apparently i have to cross a low level pvp-enabled alliance zone
>my genocide crusade begins now
>>
>>342348548
Unless Blizzard makes legacy servers, you won't have anywhere to return to.
>>
This one girl that was my best friend for a long time.

Good times, simpler times.
>>
>questing in silverpine
>ominous message in chatbox
>think nothing of it
>suddenly get rushed by a Son of Arugal
>he's a red-level elite
>panic and die
It was the first time i saw an enemy elite too, shit was so scary, since i was used to everything being your level
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061116_203400.jpg (281 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061116_203400.jpg
281 KB, 1600x900
Tfw been playing shaman since day one.
I miss questing the old shaman quests but i still have fun to this day.
>>
>>342348229
Fuck yes, this.
>>
>>342347486
Another lame one

>me and 3 friends were doing some low level pvp near Cross Roads
>some orc hunter around our level shows up and pushes our shit in
>think at the time that he's really good at his class but I think we were just terrible
>In full retreat as he spawn camps us for half an hour
>remember I have a spell called fade
>thought it was a stealth spell so spawn in hit fade and ran for it.
>as it wears off I use shadowmeld and wait for fade to cd
>obviously he still sees me when I'm running with fade and he continues to camp
>super pissed off that he can see through my stealth and think hes hacking

Anyway I think he just got bored of us and let us go. No idea why this moment sticks out to me. Maybe it was the terror of sitting in shadowmeld and being hunted. We would eventually run into this same hunter many more times at higher levels and we would sometimes even get the better of him. Really miss those days when the server felt like a real world and you'd run into the same people.
>>
File: 1459902181116.jpg (49 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
1459902181116.jpg
49 KB, 400x341
>>342348009
>>When you were a bored shitter with shit gear who used to hang out and just wait for World PvP or stir it by going to Sentinel Hill/Crossroads respectively

I loved that shit as a shaman, I would put a flagged totem outside the deadmines entrance and than hide on the stables roof nearby. Would zap any lowbie who hit the totem

I called it totem fishing
>>
File: ion-hazzikostas.jpg (56 KB, 600x319) Image search: [Google]
ion-hazzikostas.jpg
56 KB, 600x319
>>342348548
Don't worry WOW is pretty much dead.

After Tigole Bitties left to make titan (Which was canned and turned into overwatch) the interns they kept putting in charge of the game slowly but surely killed anything that made WOW what it once was, you had ghostcrawler setting up the game to be focused entirely around arenas, and this faggot, Watcher, who cares for nothing but top end raiding, everything else is just a grind with no goal.
>>
>>342342228
>leveling in Feralas
>see a human rogue
>rogue disappears, I assume he's stealthing towards me
>get hit, psychic scream and melt his face as soon as I can
>see gnome rogue
>gnome rogue disappears
>assume the same is happening again
>same thing happens again and gnome dies
>see gnome rogue and human rogue standing together
>they both disappear
>they attack at the same time, psychic scream, I melt their faces
Leveling as a horde priest before pvp trinkets and before there were a lot of lvl 60s was fun.
>>
>>342347246
Based Unstoppabru Force. 2-3 weeks of non stop farming and not going to bed because the AV match just didn't end.

AV was full of green geared shitters who just wanted their welfare weapons, but WSG and Arathi Basin were always full of tryhards with premade groups and Naxx40 gear. The honor grind was just insane. To get higher than Blood Guard/whatever the alliance equivalent was you had to play like nolife. High warlord/Grand marshal meant playing literally 24/7.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072605_042951.jpg (519 KB, 1024x746) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072605_042951.jpg
519 KB, 1024x746
>>342342228
>exploring an unfinished world
>wallwalking and all that other stuff to go to some cool places with friends
>they're all filled in with quests now

F
>>
>tfw google videos removed all their videos a few years back
my friend uploaded a neat exploring video there where we went to old ironforge by slowfalling below the surface of the world.
>>
>>342349415
BGs really turned it into a nolife thing.

Before that you actually had to hunt your kills.

BGs fucking sucked after the novelty wore off.
>>
File: 1464359665525.png (1 MB, 1204x1204) Image search: [Google]
1464359665525.png
1 MB, 1204x1204
>be level 27 triangletorso warrior
>come back to computer after getting more snacks
>skull level rogue is attacking me
>pot, retaliation.tiff
>rogue dies
>>
>>342348954
Tigole was a retard and so was Furor, both of them combined is why WoW was such a shitshow from Classic all the way through TBC, only in Wrath did they finally lose their iron grip on the design team. Ever wonder why Warlock, Druid, and Shaman weren't real classes all through classic? Ask "Warriors should be the only viable tanks" Furor, he could tell you!
>>
I think just starting out as a night elf. I love the starting area, its so beautiful and peaceful.
>>
>>342347279

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvW-QTiZLQ0

you are now feeling manually
>>
My little brother and I started playing just before WotLK released.

I don't think we ever had more fun than during the zombie pre-release event. It was so ridiculous trying to quest in our PVP server, we had no idea what was going on
>>
>>342349916
Been saying this since 2005. Took them years to fix things that were obvious from the start.
>>
>>342349916
Oh yeah, because turning warlocks, druids and shaman into generic tank, healer, DPS fighting for slots and getting benched every other patch due to class stacking fixed -everything-

Warlocks have been shit since BC
Not sure about the other 2.
>>
>>342342745
This right here my nigga.
>literally all those things

One thing I would add is the music from The Barrens and Stranglethorn and how it dominated so many hours of my summer off high school.
>>
>>342349916
>Ever wonder why Warlock, Druid, and Shaman weren't real classes all through classic?

Shaman was viable with every build in Pve or PvP druid and warlock should always stay shit
>>
>>342348152
I wonder if it was Kargath. No there should be something earlier, but that pilgrimage is more memorable.

I guess we were up to level 40. Troll priest and troll rogue.
We went from stranglethorn through darkshire, to redridge.
Around redridge a level 52 human rogue accompanied us. Friend was talking withthe rogue, not sure if it was through 3rd party UI which translated common or vent or whatever.

We liked to explore/exploit, so instead of going straight into burning steppes we climbed up the northwest part of redridge mountains between the zones, looked north of stormwind.
>>
Barrens for the first time.
>>
>>342342228
>Finally getting my Paladin Charger mount on my level 60 paladin, ''Thedvarf''.
Fuck, I miss being 12
>>
Getting my paladin hammer. Also the Zul'farrak sword; Sul'thraze the Lasher. Cool weapons.
>>
>>342349916
>Warriors should be the only viable tanks
>muh druids needs to be everything the best tank best mage best rogue

fuck you cancer.
>>
Wrath prepatch with the Scourge invasion, me and some random hunter teamed up to kill as many player ghouls as we could. Also, as a paladin, I was cleansing people waiting around waiting for the disease to tick down. A lot of mad that day
>>
>>342349916
>All warriors had was tanking
>Now they're one of the worse tanks in the game
But hey, at least they can DPS like -every single other class in the game-

Generic roles were never a good thing.
>>
>>342349478
>all those places where blizzard had yet to build stuff, but you knew they were going to go there eventually
>tfw remembering how bright the future seemed for this game, the wonders that could have been made

This game could have been so much more, for so much longer. Classic WoW was a true beauty, but the direction the game took from there could be considered one of the greatest blunders in video games.
>>
>>342348229
From menethil harbor to ironforge on foot and after that the train to stormwind. That really blew my mind as a 14yo bloke.
>>
>>342349478
I almost quit the game when they disabled wallwalking. Should have done that...
>>
In vanilla I played a Tauren Shaman and there was this Human Pally that would often join groups attacking the XR, so I saw the guy all the time. We saw each other so often we ended up not attacking each other when he'd show up, he'd just go for whoever else and I the same.

We ended up going on a few short adventures together just communicating via emotes, it interesting.
>>
>>342342228
I'll always remember the first time I downed Ragnaros. MC was my first big raid in my first MMO and it was incredibly epic.
>>
Getting vanilla for Christmas and having the starting area filled to the brim with new players.

Instantly making friends with two others and going on the quests together.
>>
File: IMG_1706.jpg (25 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1706.jpg
25 KB, 300x291
>>342351770
>>
>>342351595
>wallwalking removed
>a day later walljumping is discovered
Was a bit more restrictive and difficult, but basically allowed you to reach the same places.
>>
File: 1456406609319.jpg (1 MB, 1873x3850) Image search: [Google]
1456406609319.jpg
1 MB, 1873x3850
a friend of mine used to have a macro "/y JARRIUS IS MY BUTT BUDDY!"
while we were questing he would run aorund spamming that

We'd go onto RP realms and interrupt people's RP as two naked dwarfs by dancing and dueling with our fists and autoattack while spamming voice emotes

good times.
>>
>>342352045
???
Walljumping was in since the start in the game got removed when the changed the texture and the mapping in BC.
>>
File: i miss it.jpg (49 KB, 383x229) Image search: [Google]
i miss it.jpg
49 KB, 383x229
Made me log just to take this screenshot OP.
>>
File: 34584584556.png (178 KB, 391x306) Image search: [Google]
34584584556.png
178 KB, 391x306
Any private vanilla wow server worth playing now? I remember a big one got taken down not too long ago.
>>
>>342347026

>tfw my computer wasn't good enough to play during most of vanilla so i'd sit in ventrilo with friends playing and be their thotbot support
>tfw leveling to 70 on dialup

I WANT TO GO BACK
>>
>>342351432
What are you referring to specifically?
>>
>>342352240
i thought this was a pic of vomit
>>
File: wow Soul_shardien_keräys.jpg (70 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
wow Soul_shardien_keräys.jpg
70 KB, 1000x663
>vanilla wow
>play paladin
>discover talents at level 30 when browsing through the UI, leveled so far without any
>dont notice the tabs at the bottom of the talent window
>level as holy from 30 to 50
fug
>>
>>342354097
No. The closest is maybe Kronos but its run by a commercial entity and has some custom features like reduced respec costs. Your other choices are basically Rebirth (AQ effort went on almost 3 years on that fucking server, its so dead and run by idiots) and Feenix, which is run by Jews and will be going P2W like they did with their previous servers (not to forget they can't script for shit, they're in it just for the money.)
>>
12 hour Alterac Valley pvp.
>>
>>342355023
lel
>>
When we had a teamspeak conversation with all the alliance players we kept encountering in the battlegrounds.

Back then, names in BGs meant something. You knew the skilled people from the opposite faction.
>>
I, a newbie priest, was wandering Duskwood alone. Unable to complete a quest on my own, I asked a nearby warrior for help since he also was working on it. Things quickly got out of hand as mobs started pulling more mobs. However, the warrior and I stood out ground and managed to down them all and get the quest item. At the end, the warrior said that most other people would have ran away and left him for dead.

It was at that very moment that the path of the healer made itself clear to me.
>>
File: Time and Space is convoluted!.png (2 MB, 1343x660) Image search: [Google]
Time and Space is convoluted!.png
2 MB, 1343x660
how does this work again? hot next to cold?
>>
>>342358423
Fucking this.

Aerie Peak EU here, we had such a tight knit community as a realm. Anytime someone ninja or did something awful, the whole realm knew and they would get a reputation. Everyone knew who our strongest raiders were, who the best PvP players were, and there was always talk about ally ( I played Horde ) who were very strong and wrecked in PvP so you always had to stay away from them if you saw them . It was on par like being a celebrity really
>>
>>342360085
BECAUSE IT'S MAGIC

BECAUSE THE DARK IRON DWARVES LITERALLY BROUGHT THE ELEMENTAL LORD OF FIRE INTO THE MATERIEL PLANE AND HE EXPLODED SO THERE IS LAVA AND SHIT EVERYWHERE
>>
Leveling up to 60 and being forced to go prot and tank ZG, because I had a skullflame shield.
>>
>>342360085
Because Thaurissan summoned Ragnaros right at that point. Now they have a deep connection to the fire elemental plane right under their feet.

That zone used to be quite lovely before the black iron dwarves got pissy.
>>
>>342360085
magic
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.