[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's on sale, is it worth buying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16
It's on sale, is it worth buying?
>>
>>342337080
yes.
>>
>>342337367
why
>>
>>342337080
no
>>
wasn't this bullshit a critical masterful rpg or some shit. why is it already on sale
>>
>>342337080
who the fuck buys anything the day before the steam sale? Are you actually retarded?
>>
literally READING: THE VIDEO GAME

maybe if they pull a original sin and put out a remaster with good voice acting and some graphical updates, I'll go back. but 10hrs with pillars was enough for me to nope out.
>>
>>342338304
I think because it's a Kickstarted game.
>>
>>342338464
It's also full of autistic fan fiction with those shitty kickstarter characters
>>
>>342338464
>Having to read lore and quest dialogue is bad
Fuck you. Original Sin did plenty of things good with it's remaster but the voice acting didn't do the atmosphere any favours.
>>
>>342337080
If you like crpg's, yes. It's very much like the old classics like baldur's gate.
For whatever reason people on /v/ think the story is mediocre, and I don't agree.
Avoid reading the backer characters tho.
>>
Yeah. It's a good game, but not the masterpiece people were hoping for.
>>
>>342338304
Because it was released over a year ago, and except for activision everhing goes on sale after some time.
>>
>>342338369
it won´t be any cheaper tomorrow.
>>
>>342337080
That's a good question. I had this on my wishlist awhile back, but ended up taking it off for some reason.

Anybody who has played it can weigh in? Going to give it another evaluation.
>>
>>342337080
You directly support sjws by buying it so no. Also it's a 6/10 with shitty dialogue options so doesn't even have much to offer.
>>
Good game
>>342342205
retard
>>
>>342342236
Nice argument kid.
>>
>>342342256
I didn't post an argument
>>
>>342337080
I'd say it might be worth a pirate
>>
>>342339219
Baldur's Gate felt alive and every character had it's own background, story and lives, this game feels dead and devoid, it has no life and no vibrant story, especially with all those backing characters rammed into the game that serve no purpose whatsoever other than breaking the game's lore & 4th wall.

Pillars of Eternity was a slight disappointment.
>>
>>342337080
not really. its a story simulator where the only way to level up is to progress through the story, so fights feel like a complete waste of time because they give you literally nothing. you just want to get from point A to point B as fast as possible to trigger the massive xp payout
>>
>>342341571
(it will)
>>
>>342342430
That doesn't make the rest of the game bad

It was definitely a disappointment, but I found a lot of the setting stuff interesting, particularly the whole godhammer shit, and Durance and the Grieving Mother were excellent characters
>>
>>342342630
story is okay but exploring the maps is just a huge, rewardless chore
>>
>>342342712
I didn't mind it for explorations sake. It was nice finding books and shit hidden around.

Honestly, I never bothered paying attention to the exp I got from exploring in any game, so it's a non-issue to me.
>>
I don't really enjoy this style of RPG. Dragon Age, Divinity rubbed me the wrong way.

Can anyone sell me on this or should I just give it the axe?
>>
File: 1464799312824.jpg (476 KB, 2299x2048) Image search: [Google]
1464799312824.jpg
476 KB, 2299x2048
I bought this game. I managed to play 19 hours. I didn't reach anything meaningful with the main quest. I did reach the stronghold. But the stronghold turned out to be just a shitty gimmick.

Combat is boring and there are way too many stats. Why the fuck do I need 4 different defence stats? Why the fuck I have this creaturepedia when in the end all creatures are way too similar.

So, its basically just a bunch of features slapped together without making them compliment each other.

Buy it expecting a mediocre themepark ride. If you expect anything more, you will hate this game.
>>
>>342342904
Well you played two of the worst examples of the genre
>>
Why is DLC so overpriced when the game is on decent sale? It's been a fucking year.
>>
>>342343090
The DLC only came out a few months ago, it's a full expansion as well
>>
>>342339219
it took everything people loved bg for and made it hollow as fuck
>>
>>342343179
>can no longer fuck everything up with the proper application of wizardry
>everything is "balanced" now
>>
>>342342408
Backer NPCs straight up sucked the fun out of the game for me. Every minor character you meet gets a shitty wall of text for a story, it's abysmal
>>
It's meh.

The hand-painted maps are the biggest draw. Sawyer insistently keeps "balancing" everything and the story was first draft tier, with companion's stories simply ceasing. I heard a rumor that the Prima guide indicated Act 3 was supposed to have a lot more content but it got chopped out to meet deadlines. Avellone's writing got chopped because what he wanted to do was too ambitious. The Stronghold was implemented lazily just to check it off their Kickstarter stretch goal requirement.

I heard one of Sawyer's patches actually added in a Party AI, so MAYBE combat is less tedious than it was when it came out. But combat was tedious as shit, having to pause every second to issue another round of 'use this per-encounter ability which barely even worth using' to the party members.

I didn't play/buy the expansion pass. I'll wait for it to be cheaper than $20 if I do get around to ever buying it.
>>
>>342343238
Just avoid the gold name plates. People have been saying that since launch
>>
>>342337080
>>342343259
ignore this post of misinformation and half truths.
>>
>>342343220
Slicken and druid storm spam is only marginally less broken than buffing and BG2 HLAs.
>>
>>342343285
The problem here is that they even exist and spread everywhere. Every time i see a gold plate it reminds me that it's a kickstarter character forced into the game and he surely has an entire wall of shitty fanfiction for backstory.

Fallout/BG npcs repeating the same 3 lines were more immersive than that shit.
>>
>>342342408
>Pillars of Eternity was a slight disappointment.
But mostly because of too high expectations.

>>342342478
how?
What logic is there for it to be any cheaper in one sale than it was in the sale immediately prior to that?
>>
>>342343220
except caster classes, especially melee wizards, are still the strongest classes in the game
they are just SHALLOW AS FUCK and not interesting to use, with no fun utility spells like the one that randomly teleported enemies around or allowed you to play in unlimited blade works by summoning a horde of living swords
hell every class is fucking shallow, all mechanics are shallow, no creativeness around encounters is possible as everything only plays like Sawyer wanted it to, a shitty tank n spank
>>
It's not as in depth as balders gate or planescape but it's def worth 17 dollars. I bought it full price and I loved it.
>>
>>342342712
Excep for all the literal rewards you would find if you explored them. Lots of good shit, especially in White march where you will find some great weapons or durgan iron.
>>
>>342343484
people need to copy the AD&D/3rd edition spell books for their not-D&D games. even BG leaves out a bunch of cute spells that could still have uses, like tensers flying disc and such
>>
>>342337080
be a smart cookie and don't touch anything on steam until the summer sale starts
>>
>>342342930
your post reeks of low intelligence.
>>
>>342343543
base game has next to no interesting rewards for exploring
yay, you found a yellow axe with +1 con for beating a horde of lions that give you no exp, holy shit i hope it will sell for more than 50 coins
>>
No go get NWN 1 or 2 instead
>>
File: sr01SPL.gif (2 MB, 450x390) Image search: [Google]
sr01SPL.gif
2 MB, 450x390
>>342342930
got to agree with you on this

I think that they tried too much to follow the DnD meme. Only thing that keeps DnD aflot is its "oh so hardcore nerdy" meme, when in reality it is a shitty bloatware. PoE wanted to use the same convoluted system, and suprise suprise - that system was seen as shit since there were no nostalgia goggles hiding the truth.
>>
>>342343747
preferably 1
>>
>>342337080
>18 bucks
>sale
Just buy it on g2a for 3 bucks. Probably still not worth it, tho.
>>
>>342337080
nothing is worth buying.
>>
>>342343609
why? Because I disliked the fact that this game has 4 defence stats, but none of them really mattered because difference between those stats in creatures was marginal.
>>
>>342342930
this

it's just a bland game. everything blends together. nothing interesting to do
>>
>kickstarter achievement
r u srs
>>
Meh it was fun

Pick a paladin though

AND PUT THIS GAME ON SSD
>>
NWN1 aged like a dead fish. It stinks horribly, although slavs somehow used fermentation magic to make it not so bad when they re-used the Aurora Engine to make Witcher 1.

And the Neverwinter Vault got the plug yanked so those hundreds of modules were probably all lost. Thanks, IGN/BioWare.
>>
>>342344536
>And the Neverwinter Vault got the plug yanked so those hundreds of modules were probably all lost. Thanks, IGN/BioWare.
I don't think bioware are hosting it anymore but neverwinter vault still exists and is still getting new content.
>>
File: 1079438-keldorn.jpg (12 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1079438-keldorn.jpg
12 KB, 320x320
>>342339219
I wouldn´t really compare it to Baldur´s Gate that much. The engagement system/spells are completely different, there isn´t nearly as much variance in builds, etc. Also i don´t really like the characters and the story that much. Overall it´s decent for an isometric RPG but not great. It does have a shitton of dialogue/lore though.
>>
>>342342930
I'm agreeing with this. A lot of the implementations in this game were done better by Obsidian in previous games.

With all that previous experience I thought for sure Obsidian knew what they were doing.
>>
>>342343179
I agree so much, the game is dead & void.
>>
>>342342930
But the system is on the contrary extremely simple and well thought.
There's only one defense stat, the rest are resistances.
Deflection = damage reduction and dodge
Dexterity = dodge aoe
Fortitude = natural resistance, like poison, disease, bleed etc
Will = magic resistance, like confusion, mind control, magical snares and stuns, etc

So what you always need is deflection. The rest is situational.
There are only 2 important stats : Accuracy and deflection. Accuracy will boost your damage much more than pure damage, as it gets rolled against the enemy's deflection. With enough accuracy your damage won't get absorbed and you'll get more crits.
>>
>>342343780
>PoE wanted to use the same convoluted system, and suprise suprise - that system was seen as shit since there were no nostalgia goggles hiding the truth.

I played Baldur's Gate in 2015 for the first time ever, I don't think there are any "nostalgia goggles", and I loved every bit of it, from the characters, to the art direction, to the story & quests, it was literally the best RPG experience of my life and I can't believe how late I was to the party, yet it managed to completely blow me away with all of it's amazing details and characters almost 18 years after its release, the game felt ALIVE & breathing.

The same can't be said about PoE, it felt so empty.
>>
>>342337080
Buy it on sale. Bought it at full price, was caught by the hype. It's OK, but I think the fair price is $15 for both the main game and the two expansions. They could have done more and added more tweaks and features to the game. I think they got lazy midway to the game, after all, they already got the assured profit from the kickstarter.
>>
It's a great game, I definitely think it's worth it at that price.
My only suggestion is to avoid clicking on characters with golden names. They're backers who paid to have their shitty fanfiction written in the game. It sucks.
>>
File: Minsc_Portrait_BG2.png (193 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Minsc_Portrait_BG2.png
193 KB, 210x330
>>342348662
How did it feel exploring Athkatla for the first time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB7T6Kd9cYg
>>
>>342337080
It's a like Baldur's Gate 2 except that the setting is incredibly bland and it pays way too much attention to being balanced, so exploring isn't fun because there's nothing exiting to find.

The game is extremely focused on being nostalgic that it isn't able to create an identity of it's own. The music sounds exactly like Fable and Oblivion at times.

If you are absolutely starved for a classic crpg then 18$ is a fair price.
>>
>>342349908
>classic classic role playing game
>>
>>342350125
CRPG stands for Computer Role Playing Game, my man.
>>
>>342349892
I spent over an hour just choosing my spells for the sorcerer I made and then when I finally got to playing, I literally found myself spending over 8 hours just exploring Athkatla, its slums and sewers, one of my favorite & most memorable gaming moments ever, and I LOVED every character I met, the fame has so many sidequests that I think it's impossible to complete it 100%, I love how every character seems to care about themselves first and doing everything they can to help themselves instead of these new characters in games were they're only there to serve you or something.

I think I'm going to play some of it now.
>>
My problem with Tyranny is that it's too fucking Vanilla for its own good. Obsidian always does a better job making direct sequels to existing games then making the first.

Tyranny like Mask of the Betrayer should be great.
>>
>>342337080
Is that just the base game without the expansions? If so, nope.
>>
So what's this I always hear with the dev being obsessed with balancing his SP game?
I just want to have fun playing a mage
>>
It's like BG2 but the gameplay is worse, the story isn't particularly engaging and whoever wrote it thought vomiting paragraphs of exposition at the player is good writing.
>>
>>342338369
It was on sale on GoG for several weeks already.
>>
>>342350597
What's the point of making a cRPG with bad writing
>>
>>342350181
I know it as classic rpg, but it seems it is computer rpg as well.
>>
>>342348662
I played BG2 for the first time last year as well. Maybe it's my fault for expecting the rpg ever, but to me it was a horrible letdown. Thinking back on it, I find the first BG an overall much better game.
>>
>>342350706
They just wanted to cash in on nostalgia I guess.
>>
>>342337080
If you enjoyed isometric real time w/ pause rpgs then it's a pretty good one of those.
>>
The writing/story is pretty good, but there isn't enough Chris Avellone stuff. The combat is a travesty
>>
File: 2015-03-30_00003.jpg (619 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-30_00003.jpg
619 KB, 1920x1080
>>342342408
People tend to forget Baldur's Gate and other IE games were based on three decades worth of existing D&D property. That doesn't excuse PoE's "let me bash you over the head with our DEEP lore", but it should be considered.
>>
>>342350892
There is no Chris Avellone stuff at all in the game. None whatsoever.
>>
File: gallery_23_111_img.jpg (237 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gallery_23_111_img.jpg
237 KB, 1024x768
>>342350415
Do you have throne of bhaal? It adds the watcher´s keep in the south of the Amn (even during the original BG2 campaign). I would recommend exploring it when you get a little more high level (at least 12-15 at first, for the later floors you need probably 25+). It has great loot, you can go to other planes and the enemies are tough as shit. There´s also a vendor infront of it who sells an amazing crossbow and a shortsword for a lot of dosh.
>>
>>342350952
I thought he wrote the priest companion
>>
>>342350913
Those portraits look interesting as fuck. Are the characters interesting?
>>
File: towarzysze.png (236 KB, 478x333) Image search: [Google]
towarzysze.png
236 KB, 478x333
>>342350952
There is. He only wrote two companions and what he wrote about 25% made it in because he wrote too much and something apparently dictates all companions have to be equally represented. Even if it means they'll get shafted if you take out vital development.
>>
>>342351093
Is that why he left?
>>
>>342343176
Wasn't it just a side quest that doesn't continue the story? I finished the base game but didn't bother with the expansion because it appeared to just be a long ass side quest.
>>
>>342351073
The priest companion and the cipher girl were originally going to be his characters, but in the end after their story got simplified other writers took over the actual writing task. By Avellone's own admission their lines were written by someone else, not him.
>>
>>342351159
In one of his latest interviews he comes off very bitter and basically states he "did nothing since KOTOR2 and feels like he wasted time" so I would assume so. Keep in mind he was one of the founders, too.
>>
Back in the day I was a retard who only played shitty games so I didn't play any isometric cRPGs
Where do I start? Go right into Planet Escape Tournament? Or the Bioware ones? Or maybe Fallout 1?
I did play Divine Divinity and loved it
>>
>>342351159
No.
>>
Is there cute girls in the game?
>>
>>342350775
I wasn't expecting it to be the best rpg ever, but I was expecting something. I just couldn't get into it. I don't care about Jon Irenicus (he was arrested anyways), and Imoen was a huge selfish bitch and I was glad when she left.

Then the game lets you off with the only motivation being "find Imoen and maybe Jon"
I don't care, game. Minsc was some hardcore cringy shit as well.
>>
>>342351286
Jumping into PST from modern RPGs will probably make you want to commit suicide. Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are quintessential, well-rounded CRPGs that should be bread and butter. From there you branch out.
>>
>>342337080
Not for that price.
>>
File: 1446845769248.jpg (83 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1446845769248.jpg
83 KB, 400x300
>>342337080
I bought it. I'm about 4 hours in and having a great time so far.
>>
>>342350992
I'm currently playing BG2 and I am suffering in the keep that's full of trolls and spirit trolls, fuck that whiny girl and her wealthy family.

I'm thinking of completing that then heading to the place with Seeing Eye (If i recall correctly) and I'm going to head to the sewers to find it.
>>
>>342351342
Why then?

>>342351278
What (if anything) did he get to do on Wasteland 2? I remember them making a big deal of him being on the team
>>
>>342351398
Sounds good
>Jumping into PST from modern RPGs will probably make you want to commit suicide
I played like half an hour of PST ages ago but never continued due to reasons. I didn't have any problems with the controls or anything, only thing that pissed me off was not being able to tell which parts of the scenery were interactive
>>
>playing BG1 for the first time
>get to the part in the cloakwood with all the spiders
>most frustrating thing I've ever seen
>they give you a coolass spider killing sword RIGHT at the end of the level with all the spiders
>>
>>342351398
I had an alright time with PST until I got outside of the mausoleum or wherever you start the game. I got overwhelmed and quit
>>
>>342337080
Only if you've played all the classic infinity engine-tier RPGs and you still want more. Like really really want. Even then you're probably better of reinstalling something older.

This is coming from dumbfuck backer who fell in for the hype. Didn't even finish or redeemed key for expansion. From what I've seen it's alright but I just kept thinking about how I'd rather revisit Planescape Torment or IW or Arcanum or whatever.
>>
>>342351504
>What (if anything) did he get to do on Wasteland 2? I remember them making a big deal of him being on the team

I'm sure you can dig through Codex and get the specifics because that's what they do and Avellone frequents the place, but I don't think he WROTE much for WL2 as much as he apparently oversaw things and did some area flow. Whatever the fuck that means.
>>
>>342351692
It's still the best two handed sword
>>
>>342351753
How much did you spend on it? I fell for the $60 "boxed copy" meme.
>>
File: flail.png (51 KB, 170x225) Image search: [Google]
flail.png
51 KB, 170x225
>>342351494
I recommend picking up a certain paladin if he offers to join you in the sewers. He´s pretty awesome even though very anti-evil so if you got evil party members that might not fly. Also don´t forget to get all heads for the flail in the keep. The flail of ages is awesome. I think there´s 3 heads in the keep itself.
>>
>>342351863
Not him but I bought it full price at release, didn't even get the 10% off
Should have kickstarted it
>>
>>342351504
>Why then?
Disillusionment with Obsidian that was gradually getting worse over the years. PoE was part of it, but I don't think it was that important. New Vegas is probably the worst offender, and by extension Alpha Protocol. Tyranny to a degree as well, maybe. His scrapped urban fantasy rpg as well, and Urquhart never giving him anything exciting to do.

Think of it as a failed marriage. Usually the disagreement that leads to divorce is just the final nail, and might not even be a big deal in itself. It's all those together that lead up to it that matter.
>>
>>342337080
I'm looking forward to what they'll do with Tyranny. It seems more along Alpha Protocol's shorter but more reactive level as opposed to GRAND EPIC garbage we typically get in RPGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk4L-fqdm3g
>>
File: steam.jpg (133 KB, 1433x731) Image search: [Google]
steam.jpg
133 KB, 1433x731
ayy
>>
>>342351863
$165
>>
>>342352038
Torment is out?
>>
>>342352105
Only the beta. It just got delayed again recently.
>>
>>342351993
How did Feargus get to dictate his job to him if they were both co-owners

>>342352101
I'm sorry
>>
watching it right now
it's clearly unfinished (no voice acting, missing sounds and placeholder portraits) but i love the artstyle of this game already
It's got strange aod vibe only miles better thanks to prerendered backgrounds
day one buy
>>
>>342352249
meant to >>342351994
>>
>>342352105
The EA, has been for a while
>>
What would be a good class to play through Balder's Gate 1 and 2 for the first time with?
>>
>>342352249
>It's got strange aod vibe only miles better thanks to prerendered backgrounds
I completely forgot this game exists
Someone tell me if AoD is good
>>
>>342352390
Generalist mage.
>>
>>342352105
Backer beta. Really solid so far, although it remains what they'll do mechanically. Game didn't have a traditional health bar when first backer version was released, they added it afterwards because three attributes was too confusing for people.
>>
>>342352428
>Someone tell me if AoD is good
it's not but you can pretend to like while shitting on poe, new torment and wasteland 2 it if you want to be cool on rpg codex
>>
File: AoD_death3.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
AoD_death3.jpg
161 KB, 1024x768
>>342352428
>Someone tell me if AoD is good
yes but it's really really not for everyone. it's also more along the lines choose your own adventure with some serious hard skill checks, and combat that doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>342352198
>>342352447
>>342352342
I keep forgetting EA is a thing, thought it properly came out. Just as a reminder, the game has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Planescape Torment, right? They just have the name because muh spiritual successor
>>
>>342352390
I´d recommend something melee or physical ranged since wizards are ridicolously weak at the start of BG1. If you can make it to BG2 though you´re gonna be a god in the late game.

Good melee/ranged picks would be berserker (only melee masteries though), barbarian for tanking or a ranger (archer kit) for archery.
>>
>>342352390
Berserker, Barbarian, any Paladin or Fighter/cleric multi
>>
>>342352641
But being ridiculously weak and slowly becoming death, destroyer of worlds is the whole fun of playing a mage in any RPG
>>
>>342352641
>>342352795
Maybe I'll try berserker, although magic is tempting. Do race/attributes matter much?
>>
File: d70glaq.jpg (790 KB, 1806x1050) Image search: [Google]
d70glaq.jpg
790 KB, 1806x1050
>>342352598
Yeah, spiritual successor and all that. If PST was "What can change the nature of a man?" then Numenera is "What does one life matter?", from devs own statements. It's based on Monte Cook's Numenera.
>>
>>342352984
For a pure Berserker Cha and Wis are useless, Int can be good for some monsters in the second game, there's no reason not to max str, dex and con
good race for berserker are half ogre for the 19 str/con, dwarf for the 19 con and bonus to save or human if you want to dual class but i wouldn't bother with that for a first time. If you really want magic you can just make a fighter/mage, fighter/cleric multiclass
>>
>>342352984
If you go mage mostly INT and DEX matters. A little bit of wisdom is only really helpful for casting limited wish/wish. Get 18 int, 18 dex and go from there. I don´t really remember which race to pick though. Probably human or gnome.
>>
What's the most fun class in PoE? I've tried cipher but the repetitiveness made me want to kill myself
>>
>>342353887
Druid
>>
>>342353887
cipher,druid,mage
>>
File: BG.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
BG.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
>>342353334
I think I'll try fighter/cleric
Are these stats good? Weapon proficiencies are sling and sword/shield

>>342353887
Whatever you do, don't pick mage
>>
>>342352428
Age of Decadence is fucking awful.
I can forgive its garbage graphics and poor transitions, but the indie quality maps and map navigation, the boring, simplistic and repetitive boring combat system and the atrociously clunky interface I cannot stand.

It seriously plays like a game released in 1990 and I'm sorry, but that shit just doesn't fly. It took 7 years to develop and this was the best they could come up with, fucking embarrassing.

The writing may be excellent (I cannot confirm or deny, did not go far enough into it), but everything around is is awful. Pretty much every other CRPG released in the past three years is much better than this piece of crap.

Could have been an excellent CYOA Text Adventure with some graphics, but it aimed way above its reach.
>>
>>342353934
I guess I'll try a druid, is shapeshifting any good or should you mainly focus on spellcasting? Never used the furry lad before
>>342353995
>hated cipher
>play cipher xD
>>
>>342354085
Honestly, even as a CYOA it would have failed, the writing is massively over rated like the rest of the game. I did a no-combat playthrough and still had no fun whatsoever.
>>
File: Kenshiro_2.jpg (85 KB, 576x648) Image search: [Google]
Kenshiro_2.jpg
85 KB, 576x648
>>342353887
Monk
>>
>>342354008
Remove 2 points from cha and int and put them into Wis, it gives you more spells to cast
In theory you could just lower cha to the minimum and max wisdom but i don't like having stats lower than 10
>>342354156
It's good until mid game i think unless it was patched, It's still okay for trash mobs though.
>>
>>342354345
>need to get hurt to do damage
>two or three hits kill you on higher difficulties
>>
>>342354156
>is shapeshifting any good or should you mainly focus on spellcasting
spellcasting, pump your might, int, dex and per to 18 and give him some warbow or gun
>>
File: tiA1I.gif (438 KB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
tiA1I.gif
438 KB, 275x206
>>342354345
>>
>>342353887
>I've tried cipher but the repetitiveness made me want to kill myself
It doesn't get any better.
Cipher is the most proactive class.
>>
>>342354412
>Imfuckingplying
I played as a Monk on POTD with default party members without respeccing any of them on 1.0 and still kicked ass. The thing about Monks is that they're one of the few classes that really benefit from Constitution (I heard that Constitution is better now for every class since a new patch, but that wasn't the case at the start), with enough constitution and upgrades, you will basically be dishing out all your abilities for free in every single combat.

Perhaps it's not the best class to go solo with, but with Edér tanking and everyone else going ranged, your Monk is extraordinarily good at being a rogue-like destroyer.

And then in White March you gain the ability to make two clones of you that are just as powerful as you are and that deal elemental damage, which is just the silliest fucking shit ever.
>>
>>342354085
Nice pasta
>>
>>342353887
If you couldn't get any enjoyment out of ciphers you might as well uninstall this game now, because it ain't getting any better.
>>
>>342354723
>I can't refute the statement, but it's been said before, so shut up
They asked if Age of Decadence was good, I answered.
>>
>>342354782
Who are you quoting?
>>
>RPG
>you can't upgrade your stats, your choices don't matter, and none of the gear you find is any good
>>
>>342356279
False. False. Aaaaaaand... False.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.