[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's actually dying for real What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: League_of_Legends_logo[1].png (159 KB, 502x198) Image search: [Google]
League_of_Legends_logo[1].png
159 KB, 502x198
>it's actually dying for real

What went right?
>>
>>342334694
>asshat developers
>pants-on-head retarded decision making (well, more so than before)
>>
>>342334694
Source? I want this to be true so I can have my friends back
>>
Developers not listening to their playerbase
>>
>>342334694
Asians happened. They kill all multiplayer games eventually
>>
>>342334694
They killed it with the dynamic queue and no interesting champions in over a year.Though I'm surprised it's dying just now, Riot have always been asshats that never listened to the fanbase and fucked over the game as they pleased.
>>
>>342334694
>tfw you'll never play the original Fizz, Xerath, or Shen ever again
>>
>>342334809
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/biz/2016/06/123_207359.html
>>
>>342334694
>overwatch
>smite
>dota 2
>>
>>342334809
This please.
>>
>>342334809
His ass.
>>
>>342335163
yeah but there was no real competitor

now there is, the casual/muh esports market is fucking fierce with overwatch/csgo/dota/hearthstone all fighting each other

as such riot felt untouchable, decided to do the worst string of decisions and pr disaster in the story of league leading up to overwatch release and now here we are
>>
>>342335225
>Dota 2

hoo boy
>>
>>342335224
>chinks need baby's first fps that moves at a glacial pace so they don't get motion sickness
>>
File: Annie_GothSkin.jpg (246 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
Annie_GothSkin.jpg
246 KB, 1215x717
As someone who has been playing since early S1, this was the last straw for me.

Autistically mained Annie and used this skin all the time, then they did this. Why? To pander to who the fuck knows. People who hate goth lolis I guess.
>>
It's 7 years old, of course it's going to start dying.
>>
File: bullshitrng.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bullshitrng.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
They introduced more rng in the game
>>
>>342334694
Its not, I'm playing it right now
>>
>>342335483
>animeme sameface
Fucking wew.
Retarded reason to quit but whatever works for you.
>>
>>342335487
But it's been an extremely accelerated death. Like in maybe 2 months the playerbase has declined, the queue times have increased twofold, the viewership has halved.
>>
wish this was true but I doubt it
>>
Half of it is overwatch, other half is assbackwards retarded decisions by riot
>>
>Riot DOMINATED for 2-3 years
>No direct competitors
>They somehow have to pioneer the genre
>Chinese takeover
>They're just as clueless, just want the cash
>Now competition has come
>Not!Riot has been fucked since last year, but nothing was threatening enough to make them think about their shitty changes
>It's finally dying

Don't get me wrong, i have 6 years of played time and over 300 bucks spent, but i'm somehow glad its happening. It's what Riot deserves.
>>
>>342334694
if it is dying, i say it deserves it, and this is coming from an LoL fan. The changes to season 6 are so fucking polarizing that winning a game is a fucking crap shoot, with your personal skill mattering almost not at all, instead coming down to how competent your team may or may not be. Coupled with a series of very questionable balance decisions and a tendency to ignore the fanbase, this is a long time coming. Hopefully it doesnt die a slow, agonizing death the way WoW is, but comes back in full force after fixing the shitshow that is this season.
>>
>>342334778

>chinks bought the company

What did you expect? I am glad anyways game was always shit
>>
>>342334809
>>342335230
Ex-LoL player here.
Riot has always been making dumb choices, but they've recently dropped the ball super fucking hard. Not only that, but Overwatch is actually giving the game some competition.
>>
>>342336012
>but they've recently dropped the ball super fucking hard
elaborate though. the OP already points that out.
>>
LoL finally died for me when the Mister Yi dunking build got killed
>>
Is there an article or something about this?
>>
File: 204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg (24 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg
24 KB, 208x210
>>342334694
>only the second most popular game in the entire world now
>""""""dying""""""

If anyone expected it to be the most popular for its entire lifetime then they're fucking retarded. I dislike the season 6 changes and hope the fuckers either wise up or die at this rate, but it's hardly dying right now and saying otherwise is sensationalist bullshit. The game will still be one of the most played for a VERY long time unless Riot manages to mishandle the game even harder than they've been recently.
>>
>>342336209
>>only the second most popular game in the entire world now
whats the first
>>
>>342335769
That's because koreans are testing Overwatch.

Of course it'll slow down when a new game is out.

Doesn't mean they'll stay on overwatch forever, and I don't see overwatch as very markettable Esport. So it won't die as fast as you think.
>>
>>342336258
Overwatch
>>
>>342336258
I dunno anon; what game will /v/ never shut the fuck up about now?
>>
>>342336258
Overwatch
>>
>>342335483
I haven't played League in the past year, why the fuck did they really change that?
>>
>>342334694
fuckheads at Riot trying to make the game more dumbfuck friendly, so the top players get cucked indirectly

the majority of league players are the casuals stuck in bronze that can't handle trash talking and refuse to even try and improve at the game, so Riot decided to make the game EVEN MORE easy to learn than it already is

there's alot of dumbfuckery that's caused league to die off i can't be fucked explaining
>>
>Play dota 2
>suddenly a lot of jungler and people asking for a TANKER in my matches.

Are these lolfags?
>>
>>342334694
It's not though. The gap between LoL and Overwatch was 1% last I checked. Overwatch isn't a marketable esport -- It's just a fad filling a gap that wasn't filled before.
>>
File: 1464568154132.png (200 KB, 398x518) Image search: [Google]
1464568154132.png
200 KB, 398x518
>>342336258
Holy fuck this reading comprehension
>>
>>342336089
season 6 (the current one) has had absolutely terrible balance with a set of 8-10 champions being head and shoulders above the rest for the first 12-14 patches or so and riot pussyfooting with their good old "we don't want to nerf too hard because we like these characters being good"

then comes the dynamic queue fiasco, before in league of legends you queued for ranked games either a 1-2 people or a full team. these were different queues. they made it so now you can queue as 1-5 people and removed the full team queue. this means as a solo player you might be facing a 4-man premade in the enemy team while your team is formed of a 3man premade and 2 solos or something like that. since the ladder is the same for everybody, this means a shitter that gets to diamond by playing with 4 skilled friends gets the same ranks with no distinctions as somebody who plays alone and carries games himself. this is especially bad at high ranks where premades are the norm and solo players get bent extremely hard.

they reworked dragons to be RNG. there are 4 possible spawns of dragon and they're all randomly determined once the game begins.

game pace changes and safety nets makes it so aggressiveness is extremely discourages which makes for very boring esports if you care about that.

but more than anything it's the balance, this is the worst balanced season in 7 years.
>>
>>342334694
sellling majority of your shares to a company called Tencent, making Tencent a majority share holder, meaning chinkshit tencent can call riot anytime of the week and say "hey we want more money, release a hero with 4 skin choices this weekend"
>>
>>342335483
The worst change IMO was the change to Dynasty Ahri's splash
I love Ahri's gameplay and that skin was the only thing that made her shit design bearable
>>
So does this mean SMITE will start to get more players?
>>
>>342335476
>forgetting about Newbee in 1.5 days
I'm not sure if you were around but they kicked ass and took names.
>>
>>342336271
I think Blizzard might be able to force it, especially since the prize pools for LoL are small for what a huge game it is.
>>
>>342336657
DotA 2 TI6 prize pool sitting comfortably just under 13 mill right now
>>
>>342336258
People are saying Overwatch but by Nelson's numbers Clash of Clans has the biggest active monthly playerbase of all videogames.
>>
>>342336439
Yeah, a lot of them jumped ship apparently.
>>
>>342336707
What geniuses valve are to capitalize on dotards obsessesion with feeling superior to lol players.
>>
>>342336707
Yeah but DotA fucking sucks. And more importantly is a lot harder to make any bank as a small time player. Even delusion esports tards know they probably won't win the world championships.
>>
File: 1464478972076.jpg (59 KB, 743x853) Image search: [Google]
1464478972076.jpg
59 KB, 743x853
>>342336089
>remove soloQ and introduce dynamicQ
>dynamicQ is shit, community want SoloQ back
>Riot: "okay, we'll look forward to it"
>a few months later
>Riot: "lol jk, soloQ is not going back at all"

also the fact that the game isn't fun to play anymore, they fucking remake the entire game with each patch (elemental dragons were a mistake, literal RNG on a skill based game), they purposedly ruin champions (Viktor, every jungler with Devourer in its build, a lot of AP mages) and they keep reworking champions that don't need it like Fiora instead of reworking champions with boring and dated mechanics (Urgot, Singed)

Also, Overwatch is so much fun, there's less toxicity because no f2p and matches are quicker, also if you don't like someone you can easily leave the match and re queue to get a new team and opponents
>>
>>342336795

God damn shit cunt.
>>
>>342336707
Do westerners win Dota tourneys?
>>
>>342336494
The worst part is how Riot's handling all of this. Their reaction to how poorly-received dynamic queue was is testament to it. They literally told players "we like this new feature, we don't care if you don't", and decided to fuck it even harder by making the game autofill you into a team in any random role (almost always support) if your queue time becomes too long. This mostly effects high ranked players but the fact that their first instinct when a feature flopped is to double down on it shows they have no idea of what the fuck they're doing.
>>
File: 1257193552473.png (7 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
1257193552473.png
7 KB, 191x234
>>342336846
Rude anon.
>>
>>342336439
Yup
>>
>come back after not playing for years
>zhonyas now has 70 ap, 10% cdr, and 120 sec cd
>QSS and scimitar doesn't remove zed ult
>there is no 80 ad item, and only one 120 ap item
>>
>Tfw I have a account with 90 heroes And tons of skins
>don't know where to sell it
eBay? Amazon?
>>
>>342336572
They hit the 20 million player mark a couple of weeks ago and are gonna have some event for 25 million.

If Hi-Rez pulls the strings right and advertises the game more, they could be the fall-back casual MOBA once LoL dies. Dota's not gonna go anywhere though since Valve knows how to keep their money-makers flowing.
>>
>>342336882

USA won last year. We even got a sticky in the general.
>>
>>342336840

Dont forget.

>We want sandbox mode
>lol no
>Why?
>its toxic, if you want to test practice then play a normal game.

I'm not even joking.
>>
>>342336439
>TANKER
I've never heard this term used in league ever.
>>
File: usmugbro.jpg (27 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
usmugbro.jpg
27 KB, 400x225
>>342336892
>tfw support main enjoying literally instant queues
>>
>>342336494
oh yeah and the dynamic queue fiasco was so bad because riot actively lied about it

it was something like

"we're introducing this new queue, but we will introduce solo queue in two weeks"
"solo queue is having some issues, we will introduce it in about a month, stay tight"
3 or so months pass
"we want to tell you guys that there is a world in which solo queue doesn't get released, we're still looking at how we will implement it"
2 or so months pass
"we're not releasing solo queue"

and then they blamed everything in "bad communication" like they do everytime they get caught redhanded lying. this made a shit ton of people angry, and was around overwatch's release. the worst part is they would get so many good graces with the playerbase just by fucking putting solo queue back again but they're too stubborn to do that.
>>
>>342334809
>tfw I won't have them back anyway because my group has been irreparably split by this game
>>
>>342336439
>>suddenly a lot of jungler
LoL, probably.
>TANKER
That's HotS.
>>
>>342336964
Dota was the only game on steam that did not see a player drop when OW released. Dota players aren't even aware of the existence of other videogames.
>>
>>342336707
Which is terrible compared to last year
Last year they passed 10m in 4 days
This took them around two week?
I even bought it because I'm a fucking sucker and gabe knows but he should also know the game is dying because of no region locked servers on top of balance issues
>>
>>342336840
>Singed
Please no, I really like him and Yorick for their "old league" kind of charm.
>>
>>342334694
If Overwatch greatly cripples LoL it'll burn away a tiny fraction of my disdain for post-WC3 Blizzard.
>>
File: 111111.png (305 KB, 1381x1600) Image search: [Google]
111111.png
305 KB, 1381x1600
>>342336204
Overwatch surpassed LoL in popularity in South Korean PC bangs. First time a game has done so or even come close in four years. Easy enough to find articles about it.

http://www.gametrics.com/
http://multiclick.co.kr/sub/gamepatch/gamerank.html
>>
The last three champs have been duds.

Zero desire to play them.
>>
>>342337014
I know that feel, but support queues have literally always been instant in League. It's honestly one of the most fun roles in the game but the average shitter is too obsessed with their KDR and muh #LCSBigPlays to ever actually play it.
>>
>>342336913

I got a two junglers and an ABBADON goes full two hearts in my last game.
He literally does nothing because the enemy team just fucking ignored him.

>GG, already tanked my team but they are useless.
FUCK!
>>
File: Wallpaper - Awesomenauts.jpg (853 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper - Awesomenauts.jpg
853 KB, 1920x1080
Has anyone moved to this from LoL?

God I hope not.
>>
>>342336801
What geniuses they are, to add micro transactions for in-game items that go to tournament prize pools, instead of Riot/Tencents fucking pocket.
>>342336812
Yeah but you play LoL you fucking babby loser
>>342336882
Yeah they do. See last years TI winners, Evil Geniuses (American team)

LoL fangays stay mad, just make the jump to DotA 2 like me and you wont be making angry posts on /v/
>>
>>342337168
>Yeah but you play LoL you fucking babby loser
No, I don't, I just think DotA fucking sucks.
>>
kill this entire god forsaken genre

how much further can we dumb down games
>>
File: 7088073509816814953.jpg (976 KB, 1365x1584) Image search: [Google]
7088073509816814953.jpg
976 KB, 1365x1584
>>342337131
New Zeronis designed champ never...
>>
>>342337161
>tfw won $2500 in a meme ass Awesomenauts tournament
I swear it was all kids and retards. Just line up for the laser...
>>
>>342337142
>implying that's bad
Shit anon 2 heart, lmao 2 heart!! Is core on anyone that uses STR
>>
>>342337208
Oh okay that's fine, continue. thought you were a sub human LoL player
>>
>>342334694
What, normies are getting bored of it already? Some new fad perhaps?

All ASSFAGGOTS were always shit anyway. Maybe those people will now play actual video games for a change.

And use their money to support the industry by buying them, instead of flushing it down the microtransactions toilet.
>>
Why are LOLfags moving to overwatch if its not even the same genre?
>>
>>342337069
lol i read that tweet too XD
>>
>>342337218

Clash of Clans killed RTS genre.
>>
>>342336494
Honestly, League has never been really balanced. It has always been in a state of unbalance. They always fuck with one aspect of the game and it destroys the previous meta. They keep that meta manageable until they can fuck with that and create an new sort of fuckery with a new item, champion, or ability.
>>342335483
I fucking hate some of the new splash art. While some look better others look fucking garbage. Hextech Sion is the worst offender for me because after the rework his design changed a lot and hextech sion in-game looks amazing, but the faggot that did the splash art used the original splash art. It looks like something a fucking middle school kid would make. At least the old splash art had some fucking personality and style that was true to the original sion.
>>
I can't get into mobas. I tried dota and I didn't know what the fuck was happening. I tried hots and it was so...boring? it was the same shit every time.

I don't think the people that play these games think they are really good games, they just want to play something competitive. that's why it's not so strange that overwatch is gaining traction in korea despite being a completely different game.
>>
>>342337065
>overwatch is free advertisement for hots
>hots will be the last assfaggot standing
screencap this
>>
>>342337142
IF your abbadon managed to farm 2 hearts in the 1 game and you lost, your carry fucked up somewhere most likely. or was just shit.
>>
>>342337292
Because it's NOT the same genre.
Notice how every game that directly competes with LoL gets shit on? They don't want to lose their 'investment'. Sunken cost and sunken time fallacy.
Overwatch isn't trying to fight LoL, it's just the most popular thing out there that everyone is playing, which is drawing LoL players in.
>>
>>342337270

>Literally got kited and died in less than 6 shots by a Drow.
>>
>>342337347
you have to be standing in the first place to be the last one standing
>>
>>342337269
I should start playing Awesomenauts tournaments. I have 1k hours in the game and haven't even touched its "competitive" scene.

How bad were the players in the tourney?
>>
>>342337168
>that go to tournament prize pools, instead of Riot/Tencents fucking pocket.
Are you seriously that stupid that you don't know valve takes a cut of all the money you spend on that? And where the fuck do you think the prize money for riots tournaments comes from if not their pockets?

The whole thing is a scam. Valve knows people like you are do desperate to hate league that you'll donate money to them by fistload just for the sake of getting to go online and brag about your tournaments having bigger prize pools. And you'll fall for it and suck gabens dick every year.
>>
File: HoN.png (154 KB, 336x300) Image search: [Google]
HoN.png
154 KB, 336x300
>LoLfags think their game is dying
BreakyCPK long time caster actually broken down in tears live on stream like a week ago.
>tfw your game actually tangibly dying after years of limbo
Fuck, it hurts.
>>
>>342337315
What does your post even mean? You don't think MOBAs are complex enough?

Main reason I play em is because the shit that happens in teamfights actually matters. 60 second death timers make the whole experience mean something, unlike playing Battlefield or Call of Dooty. Where it's like -WHOOPS I DIED, OH WELL, NO MATTER, IN 3.2 SECONDS I'LL BE BACK IN THE FIGHT AND I CAN TELEPORT TO MY TEAM!

In mobas you've got roles to play in your team, skills that work well together, heroes that are made for different levels of player skill. I'm not really sure how you can come up with a better genre of gaming for competitive team-based play.
>>
>>342337363
>a hero so rich he can solo offlane and dives heroes tower in level 6
>Can farm safely in any lane and run back whenever he got ganked.
>"WHY he so farmed LOL?"
>my team is consist of 2 junglers make our other lanes weak and their safelane free farm.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK
>>
File: rts vs moba.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
rts vs moba.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>342337402
Pretty much everyone, including me. I was seventy something on the leaderboards that season and still the highest ranked person there. Open tourneys are a joke desu.
>>
File: sss.gif (390 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
sss.gif
390 KB, 300x201
>no replay mode
>no option to appear offline
>no sandbox mode
>dynamic queue fucks the matchmaking up tremendously (they were warned about this by heroes of the storm's removal of dynamic queue)
>old, outdated client and game full of spaghetti code (which riot are still working on after 7 years)
>multiple issues with game balance such as cloud drake being useless, armour being worth twice as much as ad
>champions like zed, ekko, gragas, maokai etc. who are blatantly overpowered but riot refuse to nerf them
>but you can bet they'll nerf the sivir who finally sees play after 2 years of having a 2% pick rate

and the thing that really pushes it over the top is they justify all of these problems and more by saying they know best and being smug about it

their heads are so far up their own ass they will probably never admit they made any mistakes, not even when they finally drive every player away
>>
>>342334694
muh dominion mode :(
>>
>>342337161
This game is dead as fuck
>>
>>342337393
>dedgaem memes
I'm always right, anon. Maybe I should start investing tendies.
>>
>>342337584
>the amount of buttons pressed correlates directly to skill involved
Come the fuck on, this is some grandpa tier logic.
>>
>>342337310
yea but this is ridiculous levels of unbalance now

the fact azir/ekko/lucian/nidalee/kindred were allowed to remain in such a state for so long was insane
>>
>>342337604
The devs still stream themselves working vigilantly on the game every weekday too. You can tell they love it even if it doesn't get big.

Wish more game devs were like them desu.
>>
>>342337484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j1BQ7XFjLw
I didn't think it was possible to go lower than your world finals being played in a highschool gym to a crowd of seemingly nobody.
>>
>>342337421

I think he meant that Rio/Tencent LoL is the number one of most profitable game in the last 4 years and still got shitty number of prize pools.
Not counting shitty client despite them self saying that Riot got more than 2000 staffs at their hands.

But hey, who cares about being rational in /v/, right?
>>
>>342337589
>Tank items have been cancer for a long time
>Nerf Youmuus
>>
>>342337484
Please tell me there is a link to this. I did a quick look but didn't find anything
>>
>>342337660
in that case, it does
>>
>>342337892
youmuus was batshit overpowered

tanks are fine, it's trundle and maokai that are retarded
>>
>>342337660
Only in this case it's true, because buttons pressed are actions done. LoL has infinitely less to do in it than an RTS does.
>>
>>342337660
I think it kinda does actually, unless the game needs you to press buttons more than needed
>>
>>342334694
Overwatch came to bury it
>>
>>342337907
>>342337925
>>342337969
>rtsfags claim skill is measured entirely by how many units you control at once
>totally has no bias based on their genre involving the most units

I guess fighting games take no skill since you're just controlling 1 character at a time. Casual scrubs amirite.
>>
>>342337070
>Which is terrible compared to last year
>Last year they passed 10m in 4 days

You are fucking stupid.

http://dota2.prizetrac.kr/international2016
>>
>>342338148
>rtsfags claim skill is measured entirely by how many units you control at once
Literally nobody you quoted claimed that.
>>
>midlaners are now even more overpowered
fucking why
they could atleast make some new surv items for ADC so not every teamfight is either
>wreck the shit out of everything
vs
>get blown up by the enemy midlaner pressing QWER in whatever order
>>
>>342338148
>>rtsfags claim skill is measured entirely by how many units you control at once
None of the posts you linked claimed that
>>
>>342337660
It does in a game when you don't need to aim like in FPS games or have good reflexes like in DMC-styled slashers.
>>
>>342338148
>I guess fighting games take no skill since you're just controlling 1 character at a time. Casual scrubs amirite.
Because in fighting games your character goes where you click and other than that have 5 different actions that only require pushing one button each.
>>
>>342336258
it isn't overwatch because overwatch only won in korea, lol is still pretty big in the rest of countries

i think the most played game in the world is some chinese fps
>>
>>342338225
Except it is. The entire basis of your argument is "you have to constantly switch to controlling different things so it's hard. Never mind the fact that the effort you put into controlling each individual thing is tiny compared to other games that doesn't matter all that matters is that I'm controlling 1000 units at once that's the only measure of game difficulty"
>>
>>342336954
Inclined to do the same but I have absolutely no idea how/where to go about selling my account.

Plus if LoL really is dying the price of accounts must be tanking like fuck anyway. There's no way I would make back even a tenth of the time and skins money I spent on that shit.
>>
File: fuck ea.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fuck ea.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
>tfw your game didn't even get to die peacefully
>tfw it was murdered by EA because it didn't topple League in a few months
>>
Dev here

yes, it's dying, but not as fast as some might think. We are trying to get away from competitive play and appeal to more casual player. But this process takes time and we take very small steps each patch.
>>
>>342338148

You do realize that fighting games require some of the greatest APM of any genre?
>>
>>342338342
korea has always been the biggest market for lol percentage wise (china is obviously bigger by there is more competition for lol)

if it won in korea it won everywhere
>>
>>342337589
These problems aside from the dynamic queue were still there even 3 years ago, why do people acknowledge them just now? I assumed LoLshitters just accepted that Riot would never gave a fuck.
>>
>>342338384
RIP in piece
>>
>>342336990

They also refuse to add the one thing that all the pros admit that high-level play would benefit from: voice chat.

In high elo, it doesn't fucking matter how you get outplayed; its very rare that getting outplayed will win a game. Good comms will win games; so high elo became "Does the enemy team have voice chat? If so, GG."

It's embarrassing that OVERWATCH has voice and league of legends does not after six fucking years.
>>
>>342338384
Killed before it was even released, it was a fun game while it lasted, after it died i completely abandoned mobas
>>
>>342338429
>APM
oh how could I possibly forget the most important autistic dick-waving stat of them all.
have your thumbs recovered yet from mashing spacebar all the time to artificially drive up your numbers?
>>
File: 1278304694823.jpg (57 KB, 296x367) Image search: [Google]
1278304694823.jpg
57 KB, 296x367
>>342338490
>killed before it even released
fuck
>>
>>342334694
Time for Dota i guess.
>>
>>342334694

I quit the game after years, reason?

-Retarded balancing, carries are actually worthless now, bruiser-tanks are #1 in the game, this has been going on since 2016 started and they give no shits about it, source? Check stat sites like champion.gg or the korean op.gg

-Fucked solo queue badly, if you don't bring your team to ranked, you are fucked unless you're a pro, take it from someone who has always been in platinum since season 2

-Too many changes at the same time on top of the already fucked up meta, item changes because fuck you, character overhauls with no dedication to actual balance, just to shell out more skins, drastical and bad changes to jungle, forcing the new dragon bullshit and mini baron

-Instead of fixing balance and game issues, they launch new characters like it's nothing and begin selling skins shamelessly, case in point is how they released a new thresh skin, made promotional videos and icons, just to have it disabled for almost a week (I think it's still disabled, idk have not checked) because of bugs with said skin

-Report system is a fucking joke and it only got worse recently, even if you do perfectly if you irk someone and get enough reports for X or Y reason, you get sanctioned with time off, happened to me too many times and I barely speak, just communicate through pings and cooperate in team play

Pretty much a landslide of shit and they not giving a fuck, going extra greedy + a strong competitor (overwatch) is killing them fast
>>
>>342335476
Are you stupid? Some of the best Unreal Tournament players were Korean.
>>
>>342335483
> not complaining about gameplay
> not complaining about turd meta
> not complaining about lack of creativity with new champs
> some skin is actually the thing that made you quit
>>
>>342334694
The LoL kiddies finally grew up. They have adult responsibilities and don't have time to get stuck in a 40 minute game. It also gets old playing the same fucking champion over and over to stay competitive. Riot just went too far with the amount of champions, which take hours and hours to master, and only watch as your favorite champion gets nerfed to uselessness in the nerf lottery.

They literally had something going for them in URF. Then they blew it. URF was the future. It was the answer to the "Our playerbase is aging and will not have time for 45 minute games anymore". And the "most people hate playing support or jungle" This is what Overwatch accomplishes and succeeds in and that's why it's winning people over.
>>
>>342335476
I'm pretty sure that's just a nip thing
>>
>>342338536
not him, but the real angry ass faggots is you
>>
>>342338489
True.
>>
>>342334694
The fame quickly fades
>>
>>342334694
People getting tired of fucking ASSFAGGOTS and that goes for Dota 2 too. Now I've played both for at least a thousand hours and I feel people are getting tired of 30 minute plus games.
And apparently LoL has been having some controversial decisions regarding queues or something
>>
>>342334694
Was it sustainable in the first place?
>>
>>342338652

> 40 minutes is a long time to play a game these days

What the fuck happened
>>
>>342338652
What the fuck is urf
>>
>>342338658
>>342338661
You realize league starting to slightly decline after half a decade isn't going to drag your genre out of the grave right?
No amount of cherrypicked webms or angry threads will bring it back either. Hell your own company has almost completely abandoned the genre.
>>
>>342338619
The straw that broke the camel's back.

Also I really like goth lolis.
>>
>>342338428
Everyone knows this is a false flag but that's not the point the actual problem is their heads are so far up their own asses they think what they're doing is good.

For some reason since S6 they've gone full blizzard but worse somehow, a company that built its rep on being accessible and real has just been giving excuses for bad decisions or open lust for the casual dollar with pr talk and spin to cover up the lies.
It's hilarious how much they're mistaking what their audience wants.
>>
File: interesting.gif (1011 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
interesting.gif
1011 KB, 500x225
>>342338536
>>
>>342335483
>dropped the game because of a fucking splash art that doesn't even change the in-game model
Wew
>>
>>342338428
Go the fuck to sleep matt
>>
>>342338821
They're reaching Ubisoft levels of out of touch.
>>
>>342338821
>actual problem is their heads are so far up their own asses they think what they're doing is good.
So, nintendo?
>>
>>342338860
No mortal can judge me.
>>
i hope it does die and rot in hell like the cancer it is

holy fucking shit i have never fucking hated a game more than this
>>
I quit because I can't switch my left and right click, I'm left handed and until recently learned to play with a deathadder that died
>>
>>342338821
Riot is entirely convinced they shit gold and whatever they do is perfect. They have one of the worst company cultures in the entire gaming world.
>>
>>342338652
>when you grow up you get ADHD
>>
>>342338384
>It was 4 days away from getting a massive revamp, making it completely unique and nothing like a LoL clone
>EA kills it

This is honestly what damned EA for me forever.

They didn't give it a chance at all.
>>
>>342337905
twitch tv/honcast/v/73278746?t=08h45m00s

Granted, he was just having a moment after realizing how long he's been a part of HoN, but still.
>>
>Lel, we remove team builder
>but don't worry, parts of it goes to draft pick! ;^)
No, fuck you, it's not the same. I actually liked for once being able to play what champion I want on the lane I want instead of having to argue with four other asshats
>>
File: 1430922332866.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1430922332866.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>342337292
>both are mobas
>not the same genre
??????????????????????
>>
>>342337714
HoN deserved nothing better. Shit game from shit developers.
>>
>>342334694
Koreans were butthurt for a long time over their new queueing bullshit among other things and wanted to switch game but they won't unless a new fad one comes along.
Overwatch came out.

That's about it.
>>
>>342338773
Ultra Rapid Fire mode. Literally just League cranked to eleven. All spells have no cost and 80% shorter cooldowns, all characters move 50% faster, everyone has 10 times more health and damage.

It's their April Fool's game mode and people hype it way too much and act like it's the best game mode ever when it stops being fun after two games when the usual faggots make a meta out of it and you only see the same 10 characters every match.
>>
>>342339010
>Overwatch
>moba
dumb frogposter
>>
>>342339087
>Overwatch
>moba
Yes. Lets call it mofpsba.
>>
>>342337292
It isn't the same but it does pander to LoLfags. Ultimates,moba-tier designs,unlimited ammos only limited by cooldown,6 player matchmaking with set roles,etc.
>>
>>342338773
Ultra Rapid Fire.

Increased speed of all champions so it doesn't take 10 minutes to reach a part of a map

Reduces cooldowns to almost nothing so you can actually go into fights quickly without having to wait 2 whole fucking minutes for your ult.

Fuck Riot. BILLIONS of dollars in profit, they couldn't just start from the ground up and make a separate game with all of the champions balanced out? No sandbox mode either so people can quickly master new champions instead of painfully playing them over and over again in 40 min matches?

Riot was a joke for years, ever since they've crossed the $100 million mark they've had no excuse not to innovate and look for other ways to make revenue other than releasing new shitty skins that take 0 effort and cost practically nothing. It would be like if Nintendo kept the Wii going on the market and only rereleasing the same games over and over. They'd still be in business, but potential is lost
>>
>>342337421
Of course they do, it's clearly written on the ti6 ticket, you pay 10 of wich only like 3$ goes into the prize pool
>>
>>342338652
>urf
>fun
>>
>>342339159
Shut up idiot.
>>
Basically every competitive multiplayer game can be classified as a moba.

>Mulitplayer Online
Basically fits everything
>Battle
All competition can be defined as battle
>Arena
There's no such thing as a game with infinite play space. The map, board, even menus, wherever you're playing the game on, can all be defined as an arena. Because it's the place where you compete.

Hence all competitive multiplayer games are mobas.
>>
>>342339087

>Multiplayer
Yes overwatch is a multiplayer game, has more players in a match than lol even.
>Online
Yes does so happen to be an online game
>Battle
You battle other people yes
>Arena
>The maps are are arenas or sequences of them so yeah.

What part of overwatch isn't a moba nigger?

The idiots over at riot game cooked up this bullshit acronym themselves, it's their own fault that pretty much any game released in the past decade can be clasified as a moba.
>>
>>342338489
Wait what? I never played LeL but not having a voice chat for a game that's out for several years is retarded.
>>
>>342337484
I love that guy kek the only reason why I think he was doing HoN announcers was a side thing, this guy is a legitimate shout caster though.

A lot of people remember him I hope this guy becomes a shout caster or announcer for Overwatch ej.
>>
>>342339354
Get mad cuck. Your game is more shit than league.
>>
>>342339427
You're being obtuse. Most people who aren't retarded know the term moba refers specifically to dota-like top-down hero games. By your logic every game is a fighting game too.
>>
>>342339557
they also don't want to add it because MUH TOXICITY
think about it for a moment

every change this season so far is to make league more team-oriented and they don't even fucking have voicechat
>>
>>342337120
what are the other 2 games?
>>
>>342339427
You arent supposed to take genres at face value nigger, its a way to tag games that play similarly
>>
>>342334694
League was already dying since last year, the player base in like 2 massive facebook groups dropped off about 80% I shit you not.

And people are growing up Overwatch is the new shit in town apparently.
>>
>>342339640
It's funny in a sad way. I've been playing games with voice chat for years and can count the times someone's been a complete cunt over voice on one hand. Turns out most people just wanna play the fucking game and either not talk at all or just talk about the game.

Riot needs to cut the umbilical cord and make voice chat. If people are afraid of getting their fee fees hurt they can mute people.
>>
>>342334694
>tfw league dies
>since the game becomes obscure /v/ ends up liking it

for some reason i strongly believe this will happen
>>
>>342339062
>it stops being fun after two games when the usual faggots make a meta out of it
Story of pretty much every multiplayer videogame out there nowadays. When it gets released, you can bet your ass there'll be some asshat minmaxed meta out there that people will play with.
>>
>>342339836
The shit kills me honestly. I miss when people could just play games to have fun, but I guess this is what people do in competitive games now.
>>
>>342339836
And it will continue being like that until someone comes up with an incentive to not minmax
>>
>>342339815
>I've been playing games with voice chat for years and can count the times someone's been a complete cunt over voice on one hand.

Dang you are pretty lucky. I don't play much games with voice chat but I just bought Overwatch and the few times someone talked in voice chat that person was a complete jerk, blaming everyone and talking shit, happened like 8 times.
>>
>>342336271

>I don't see overwatch as very markettable Esport.

holy shit never be involved in marketing anything
>>
>>342335224
>>342334694
everyone i know that plays overwatch is bored of it.
>>
>>342337714
KEK
>>
File: Forsen.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Forsen.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1200
>>342334694
all the twitch bitches went to overwatch.
LoL as game is successful as ever
>>
>>342339950
I haven't touched OW yet to be fair. I can imagine the voice chat's cancer. Ironically my worst experiences in voice chat come from other Blizzard games. I used to raid every weekend during BC and WOTLK and my god some people were shitheads.
>>
>>342337070
>region locked servers
>good

lol
>>
The game was always shit, and 99% of the budget goes into the marketing for the game anyway.
>>
>>342334809
It's not dying, unfortunately, it's just losing a bit to Overwatch atm
>>
>>342339980

>everyone i know

So ur mom?

lul
>>
>>342340153
>I don't know what a Russian or a Chilean is
>>
>>342340153
>russian players getting into your games and instalocking carry and ignoring every ping
>>
People STILL play this game?

Is it mostly asian countries?
>>
>>342340215
I'm sure he knows exactly what those are, because he IS one of those things.
>>
>>342336840
NIGGA YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF. DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY FUCKIN SINGED.
>>
>>342340153
Nice try Ivan, but no one likes you.
>>
>>342340202
xD my friend
complete xd. epic nice and to the point
i absolutely adore your post.
>>
File: sdf.jpg (20 KB, 600x497) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
20 KB, 600x497
personally, i hate how every 2 weeks there is a gameplay patch nerfing some retardo build or stupid buff they introduced last patch
>>
>>342340301
I doubt they'll change Singed. He's honestly the most unique champion in the game and his kit is actually pretty well designed so chances are they won't fuck with him.
>>
File: ROBOCOP SON.gif (432 KB, 334x248) Image search: [Google]
ROBOCOP SON.gif
432 KB, 334x248
>>342339640
The more Riot's thought police spouts "TOXICITY" the less it looks like a real word.

Using it to describe negative behaviour has always been absolute retarded, but it's becoming more ridiculous by the day.
>>
>>342339713
overwatch is very similar to league and dota.
>>
>>342334694
KEK I ACTUALLY saw the dropping numbers on people playing League holy christ
>>
>>342340353

Thanks

I appreciate the support

haha
>>
>>342340215
>>342340238
>>342340334
>they don't play with friends

we had a russian get into our game every now and then, half of the time they were retards half of the time they were decent. frenchies are worse
>>
>>342339979
he's right though

in comparison lol is much more e-sport friendly
>>
File: 1346507863261.jpg (21 KB, 206x235) Image search: [Google]
1346507863261.jpg
21 KB, 206x235
>Meanwhile Dota has it's own diehards playing everyday, its playerbase not even flinching with major releases
>>
File: 1458936631825.jpg (254 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1458936631825.jpg
254 KB, 800x800
>>342334694
>warcraft 3 on crack artstyle is gone, now its just animu uguu shit to appeal to chinks
>extremely rigid meta, no more adc mid, no more jungler being optional
>riot has actually gotten worse at balancing and is controlled by sjws

this game died a long time ago
>>
>>342340463
That doesn't make it a moba
>>
>>342340426
to be honest it kind of makes sense because it's true negative behaviour spreads and generates more negative behaviour
>>
>>342339427
So cod is a mob a? And gears of War? Maybe even halo? Fuck off you tard
>>
>>342334694
They "balanced" the game to the point of complete boredom
>>
>>342340552
So by your logic, a game with only 1 player who plays every day forever is better or more popular or whatever because it never loses players than a game with 1 million players that has 1 person quit a month.
>>
>>342340552
League's basically going to turn into the same soon. It'll experience a big drop off but the core will most likely remain.
>>
>>342340132
Why are you linking this? He started playing Overwatch and his stream is now slowly dying
>>
>>342340665
he's a dotard dude
>>
>>342340687
the core is exactly the part of the playerbase that's mad as fuck about the changes, which is the entire problem
>>
>>342340153
>CYKA BLYAT
>AHUEHUEHUEHUE
>>
>>342334898
>Developers not listening to their proper players
they listen to all the retards
>>
>>342340562
Yes it does.
>>
>>342340775
Go lookup moba definition
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1257x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1257x670
>tfw you use to be a little rager because of shit team and get muted/b&

>tfw you literally troll and don't get b& and you report the toxic players on your team.

Pic related
>>
>>342340426
what does saintvicious do now

i stopped playing while he was in curse, but he was funny as fuck
>>
File: 1453452523057.jpg (59 KB, 319x349) Image search: [Google]
1453452523057.jpg
59 KB, 319x349
But if league dies...

I'll never get my turtle fish paint sequel

Why don't you kids like jinx?
>>
>>342340426
What's funny is that they don't realize that people's "toxicity" is mainly their own fault for having a shit balance with strict-ass roles and builds that force people to conform to the ""meta"". Add to this that you are literally forced to sit through 40 minutes in the likely case that their shit matchmaking gives you retarded teammates, and in the even more likely case they fuck up, you end up playing a frustrating,boring, one-sided game which leads to this "toxic" behavior of people bitching and insulting others for the smallest thing.
>>
>>342335210
>Fizz
what happen
>>
I never thought I'd want League to die.
It's almost liberating. I can't even begin to fathom the thought process behind some of their decisions.

It actually felt like the devs of a game were going out of their way to antagonize me into not playing it. That's how addicted I was, I needed shit like Dynamic Queue, "never ever get to play what you want to play" champ select and RNG dragons to turn me off.
>>
>>342340919
has tfp ever done a sequel? i wouldnt count on it son
>>
It's sad how so many hipsters think a game that is on the top of popularity for years drops even slightly it's suddenly "dead".

Like wow. It's still like 10 times more popular than any other MMO, but because it's "only" 10 times more popular now instead of 50 like it used to be, it's apparently dead.
>>
>>342335896
>The changes to season 6
nigger if you played any longer you should have known those kind of changes were already hitting full swing around season 3. What you have experienced Ive experienced 5 times over.
>>
You would think it would be fucking obvious after the first few seasons that Riot don't have a single clue on how to balance a game
>>
>>342341131
it's just a joke lol
>>
>>342341131
WoW is dying, but not dead yet. If they fuck up with Legion this'll be the end. The game's got about 3 million subs left and they're dropping like flies. If a drastic change doesn't happen soon it won't last much longer.
>>
>About to decay
>Still no motivation to play this game anymore
>>
>Played since 2010
>always wanted a true solo queue with no duos/premades
>riot finally shits out dynamic queue instead
dropped this game so fucking fast
>>
>>342334694
it's not the sweet spot between casual and depth anymore
both casual players and players who want depth in their moba are migrating to other games
market is constantly fluctuating and requires constant adjustements they couldn't keep up with, their retarded decisions exacerbated the problem
>>
>>342340687
The thing is that since riot is publicly begged by it's big boy chinese overlords and is currently losing stocks by the shit tones at this point. Riot will be feeling the pressure from it's investors to ether do something drastic or they just jump ship and I doubt, from it's already extremely alienated fanbase, it has much room to survive off "core" players.
>>
>tfw I still enjoy league

yay
>>
>>342336572
I would like to try it but no friends+grind2play is something I just dont have the patience for
>>
Riots banking on their new fighting game to succeed.
>>
File: 1463869008761.png (123 KB, 471x257) Image search: [Google]
1463869008761.png
123 KB, 471x257
>>342338384
I want my fridge Desecrator back. Give it back!
>>
File: 1458104098199.jpg (25 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
1458104098199.jpg
25 KB, 500x389
>>342341523
>>
LoL: 45 million monthly players

Overwatch: 10 million

> le LoL is dying meme
>>
>>342341683
found the lolbaby
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.