[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster Hunter Generations balancing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: v xcfvxscfsdfdsf.jpg (68 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
v xcfvxscfsdfdsf.jpg
68 KB, 316x315
I'm thinking about pre-ordering this for my Dad and I to play together (since we play MH4U together).

How is the style balancing? Is it still Bushido crap that always dominates the other styles?

I just want a fucking balanced Monster Hunter game, and last I checked, some of the weapons are still useless, and 2 of the 4 styles are fucking horrendous ( I believe aerial and bushido were the only choices that people used for awhile, due to being broken as shit, and free evasion +2 with Bush, etc.)
>>
Bumping because all you niggers are probably sucking Hunter Watson's rigor mortis'ed cock.
>>
>>342300476
>caring about balance in a coop focused game
Nothing is terrible enough to be unviable, and that's really all that matters.
>>
>>342300476
Bushido sounds much better on paper than it does when you're actually using it

Especially on LS because holy fuck it's so easy to whiff the spirit attack because it's a straight vertical attack and you'll get punished really hard due to the long ass ending animation
>>
>>342300476

Short answer
Each weapon has an arguably best style

Bushidp ls, aerial/striker sns, aerial hbg etc

That said, at higher levels of play (with japs basically when u play mhx). You change your hunter arts/style according to the monster. For example against ostogaroa (or whatever its called in english, the octopus), an ls user would use guild or striker, since there isnt much opportunity to dodge, and its more damage efficient to just build up your aura the traditional way.

Against tigrex/zinogre ofc use bushido LS

I can only speak for ls since thats all i use. But this game introduced lots of variety and customizability without making some ways of playing terrible or OP.

That said, bushido longsword is a beast in skilled hands.
>>
>>342300730

Fuck off, nigger.

>>342300815

So there are some drawbacks to using Bushido with some weapons? I just want to make sure that I don't come across person-after-person online just using Bushido.

How is the Striker and Guild style? Will I get kicked from parties for not using the only 2 good styles (assuming all 4 styles haven't been balanced)?
>>
>>342301031

Thank you anon, this is exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping there wasnt a style that was a "win-all".

Know that I really appreciate your post, and hopefully we can bump into each other later on a hunt.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>342300476
The balancing is all over the place, but there's no case where any particular style is always the best, period, across all weapons and monsters.

Some styles may be more popular among most weapons, but for none of them can that be said for any weapon.

Some styles are complete dogshit on some weapons, and some styles are totally broken on some weapons, but even that will waver depending on the monster.

Ultimately the real limiting factor here is the fact that Monster Hunter Generations will not have a G-rank. It brings back a bunch of old monsters that weren't in 4U, while ditching a lot of 4U's monsters, including some of the cooler second gen and third gen monsters.

I don't plan on paying any heed at all to min/maxing efficiency strats. I didn't in 4U, I won't now, especially when the end result is that I spend less time actually enjoying hunts or feeling appropriately challenged.

But yeah, Bushido is EZ mode. Maybe not because it has the best times (although for some weapons it may), but because of that ridiculous dodge window and how completely unpunishing and undemanding the style is. I hope that if it carries over, they'll close the window significantly so it actually does feel like a risk versus reward for the people who trained hard to do i-frame dodges without evasion skills.

Guild is mostly balanced across the board, but the end result is that it typically ends up not being the one at the top of any speedkill chart just because other styles can get pretty strong, but I wouldn't feel particularly bad about that.

Striker is a popular choice for speed runs on weapons like the Lance and SnS.
>>
>>342301049
The main drawback with bushido is how ridiculiusly far a dodge puts your behind a monster. Sometimes, not even the follow up dash allows you to put yourself in between.

And you won't get kicked for using guild/striker. Hell, I find that I play better with striker LS than bushido. Despite losing the left fade slash and spirit follow up, you get to build spirit and your gauge super fast due to the 2 hunter arts and absolute evade is your get out of jail free card
>>
>>342301486

Awesome. Seems like I'll probably go Striker. Also, any mention of G-rank potentially coming in the game? Or will Capcom only do G-rank on MH5 when it comes out?
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>tfw no mhgenerations on vita
>>
>>342300476
I'm pretty sure it depends on the weapon, anything that is not Guild Style for Hunting Horn is garbage.
>>
>>342301792
First entries in a new generation never get G-rank. Gen isn't gonna get G if Japan didn't in MHX. If the next entry is MH5, then you won't see G-rank again for another few years yet, so I'd strongly suggest you spend your grinding on making neat, gimmicky things than ultra-efficient, megakilling things, and choose styles that actively gimp you over styles that are unarguably the best, for the sake of challenge.

For the record, striker will do things like: Remove golf swing from hammer for a third pound, remove the new, enhanced third poke from the lance for the old triple poke, remove the slam from the gunlance for a third poke, remove the backhop from the SnS, remove the smash charge on GS for the ability to hold your charge longer with now power drawbacks, and so on. It simplifies things, but that's not always in your best interest, even if it does let you charge arts from taking damage and hold three arts.

Meanwhile, Aerial, once you learn how to use it, becomes effectively an alternative Adept style, as you can jump into monster's direct attacks to jump off of them safely and perform an attack.
>>
post codes
>>
>>342301049
theres drawbacks to picking bushido with some MONSTERS for fucks sake

like the owl thing in the demo, i see a guy go bushido GS and im yelling at my DS going "what the fuck are you going to be dodging, fuckface, his giant confuse cloud? FUCK YOU"
>>
>>342302040

Like clockwork.
>>
>>342300476
The only thing you need to know is that SA in Generations is sword-only central. Easily the worst out of any entry prior in this regard. It has an art that increases the damage output of sword mode even further in exchange for causing the gauge to drop at all times, but it also has an art that instantly refills the gauge and adds an affinity boost, and its third art is a 10 second long combo fest that is even stronger with the demon sword art in effect. Aerial does a sword attack going up AND down, striker is built for infinite sword at all times, and bushido... well, bushido seems pretty half-and-half, given that its axe mode attack is the fucking hack 'n' slash finisher (which is even stronger now, doing 3 hits for 95 MV total) and having only one art means you can't do the demon sword / phial recharge combo for infinite sword mode.
>>
File: 1459566727611.jpg (35 KB, 416x303) Image search: [Google]
1459566727611.jpg
35 KB, 416x303
>>342302742
>using meme axe at all
>complaining its a shitty weapon
>>
>>342301486
>Ultimately the real limiting factor here is the fact that Monster Hunter Generations will not have a G-rank.
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>342303052
Switch axe isn't a shitty weapon at all. In fact, the infinite demon sword puts it as one of the strongest weapons in the game, period.

It's just that I have been lamenting the degradation of the playstyle phasing out axe more and more.
>>
>>342303052

Not him/her/it, but I used SA since MHTri, so if I use it, it aint for the memes.

It's cause it's good.
>>
>>342303052
>switch axe is a meme weapon now

I just want summer to end.
>>
>>342303052
I think switch axe is the only weapon where every single style is fun
>>
File: 1446661939262.png (44 KB, 150x174) Image search: [Google]
1446661939262.png
44 KB, 150x174
What style is best for Hammer?
>>
>>342303718
Aerial and Adept.

Aerial allows you to double pound in the air as well as do a super quick superpound charge, and changes your superpound into a buffed up upswing on third charge.

Adept opens up a whole new slew of charge attacks that you can hold and move around with, making it one of the most lenient Adepts.
>>
File: 1406155096905.png (108 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
1406155096905.png
108 KB, 300x381
>>342303934

>aerial hammer

My panties are wet.
>>
>>342300476
>30 FPS.

Nah fuck you Capcom.
>>
>>342303161
There is literally more content in MHG than there was in MH4U, and it's made even worse when you consider that High rank basically becomes filler in games that have G Rank.
>>
File: honed bladeL.jpg (182 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
honed bladeL.jpg
182 KB, 400x240
>>342305042
My G-rank set in 4U consists entirely of High Rank parts, with one early g-rank part for an additional but ultimately optional skill, and to fill out the look.

Early Honed Blade, man. Honed Blade, Speed Sharpener, Status+1, with my weaponfu of 4U the Zamtreacherous Maw.

It's a shame people consider high rank to be filler. There's so much good to be found in it.
>>
I need Hunting Horn info. Good Styles, Bad Styles, better or worse then its 4u incarnation?
>>
>>342303718
Aerial hammer, my man

you will feel like Thor
>>
Everything in MHX is moderately balanced. Charge blade has been nerved back to acceptable levels, and nothing feels to over or underpowered. Even the prowler mode deals out decent enough damage to make it viable.
>>
>>342305367
Guild is better than 4U.

Its styles are all... hhhhh. Hrrrrmm... how do I put this politely?

Questionable.

Its arts are fairly lacklustre so striker is right out, adept can be okay if you hit all three notes to encore your previous song, but ultimately you're gonna wonder if you're doing it for the moveset or for the dodging, and aerial's... it just moves the double hit into the air, and loses an art.
>>
>>342305649

God fucking damnit. Those fucking Japs need to get their shit together. My favorite weapon sounds like it's shit now.
>>
>All these shitters complaining about balancing
>All these shitters complaining about "meme weapons"
>All these shitters complaining about no G rank

You niggers know that you could be playing as a cat, slapping the shit out of monsters, catching boomerangs and supporting the team right.
>>
File: 1429627375935.png (111 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
1429627375935.png
111 KB, 672x434
>>342305405
>>342303934
sounds exquisite

Are there any monsters where it would be better to choose guild or striker?
>>
>>342305893
No, the guild's good. Better than ever, actually. When you actually hit the monster with an attack, the note you played for that move gets upgraded. If you play a song entirely full of upgraded notes, it'll encore the previous song you played as well.

But its arts are:
>Sonic Blast (two hits over the shoulder and a damaging soundwave)
>Full Orchestra (any note you play will always be upgraded for the duration of the art)
>Souls Symphony (play all songs your horn is capable of at once, but ONLY FOR YOU)

So kind of lacklustre compared to some other weapons. Still neat but you're not gonna get top 20 speedkills with it.

And ultimately if you find a style to be more enjoyable, just go for it. You're going to need that gimping if you're to find Gen challenging at all, given that it's only high rank.
>>
File: 1458504105484.jpg (29 KB, 398x356) Image search: [Google]
1458504105484.jpg
29 KB, 398x356
is everyone going to leave mh4u?
>>
File: 1460853262922.png (211 KB, 577x761) Image search: [Google]
1460853262922.png
211 KB, 577x761
>>342305902
We need to get all prowler rooms up on /v/. Played a bit of nargacuga with them with a full prowler team and we kept each other alive as a team through health horns and the occasional palico rally. It really felt like we were working together while hunting the thing due to the no potion thing.
>>
>>342306250
>>342305405
>>342303934
>>342304070
>>342303718
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfAF_FLEVfA
>>
>>342306263

I'm looking forward to it. Just kinda blows that I hear that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is more challenging overall than MHGen.
>>
>>342306284
Depends on how much I enjoyment I will get out of Generations.

Adept LBG will make it hard for me to go back to MH4U.
>>
>>342306551
Depending on who you speak to, the endgame quests can be about as challenging as G-rank, given that you're in high rank gear against some supremely buffed up stuff.
>>
What's the best style for SnS? I was enjoying bushido in the demo, but I tend to gravitate towards a status+trap build, so I was thinking Aerial would allow even more down time on the monster.
>>
>>342306284
4U fucked itself when it made the endgame grinding Rajang for a million years and everyone getting one-shotted
>>
>>342306980
Also the fact that Apex Anything was pretty unenjoyable. Hard as balls, but not the enjoyable kind of difficulty in the slightest.
>>
File: 14625896325874.gif (2 MB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
14625896325874.gif
2 MB, 420x236
>aerial hammer
>>
>>342306284

Nah, I'll be going back because I enjoy guild quests and randomized gear (90's Diablo fan). I'll probably alternate between the two, because I like both.
>>
>>342306730
Striker SnS tends to be the best by numbers, but I find it unenjoyable because I can't do Adept Backhops.
>>
>>342306646

>Depending on who you speak to

So, like speaking to people who never played MH4U? Or just retards?

Even if MHGen is much easier than MH4U, I'll still play it when I'm too fatigued by the challenge in 4U.
>>
Being very general, most weapons want bushido.
Notable weapons that don't would be guild GS, striker SnS, and aerial SA.
>>
>>342301049
Striker Lance still has the third poke at the cost of the useless slash while having really good hunter arts.

Evade lancers will always pick striker over bushido
>>
>>342306980
Insect Glaive might have been the meme weapon, but fuck was it powerful in good hands. Saved my ass against Level 140 Rajangs in group hunts all the time.

I've heard it's been rebalanced in MHX so it's not as grossly overpowered as it was in 4U. I'm wondering what the best style for it will be...
>>
POST SOME DEMO CODES
>>
>>342306354
should you always try to go for the air double pound or always go for the single/charged slam?
>>
File: 1460503414278.gif (731 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1460503414278.gif
731 KB, 540x304
>bows can stun monsters and break parts that are hard to reach.
>can now cut off tails.
Why are bows so perfect /v/?
>>
>>342307592
Funnily enough, Aerial.

Your upward polevault becomes a forward polevault and you move around with such extreme speed and cover so much distance that you become The Human Nargacuga.
>>
File: lazy monsters.jpg (196 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lazy monsters.jpg
196 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>342305042
Not True, without counting expiditions, guild quests, and relics, they are very close, and even then, a larger percent of MHG quests are shitty gathering type quests. Once you add in the procedurely generated stuff from 4u, then 4U definitely takes the cake.

Now, the quality and variety of the content is certainly debatable, and one I'm not particularly qualified to comment on.
>>
>>342308092
It could always cut tails, it's just a teensy bit easier now.

I think I'll actually stay away from Adept Bow, because it loses the backhop, arc shot, and has only one art, for instant lv3 on dodge.

This strikes me as a bad deal given that focus arcs are pretty decent, and in guild, if you backhop again after a backhop, you'll backdive and instantly charge to lv3 and don't need to take an attack to the face to do so, plus the second art (which could easily be the Battle Ready Absolute Evade to make up for the lack of Bushido dodge).
>>
File: 1452482497008.jpg (147 KB, 1048x512) Image search: [Google]
1452482497008.jpg
147 KB, 1048x512
>>342306354
>that fucking video

God damn that's cool.

Assuming all things MH are welcome in this thread, how do I git gud with the hammer in 3U? I'm trying to get the two earrings from doing all the arena quests with all weapons and Plesioth and Rathalos keep destroying my anus. I can handle w/e as long as I can bring a buddy along, but the solo quests are a pain in the ass for me.
>>
File: triple bite.jpg (438 KB, 2048x1896) Image search: [Google]
triple bite.jpg
438 KB, 2048x1896
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (124 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif
124 KB, 540x300
>>342308092
Here's another one for you.
>>
>>342308514
I don't see how loosing the backhop and arc shot ruins bow for you. Just a swig of dash juice/mega dash juice if you're thinking stamina will be a problem. there's a hunter art that increases bows charge speed and speed when unsheathed so you can stay on the monster. adept bow is pretty great.
>>
>>342302498
autist
>>
>>342302498
You literally CAN bushido dodge his confuse cloud, retard. Try it sometime, just roll into the edge of it.
>>
>>342308910
>I don't see how losing the backhop and arc shot ruins bow for you
I already explained how.

Arc shot is a good long-distance punisher and can deal some stamina damage, which is welcome given that stamina > rage in this entry. Obviously focus bows only, but focus arcs are pretty alright if aimed well.

Backhopping twice does the same shit Adept does, at any time, without having to tank an attack to the face to do it. There's a new move that charges you to level 3 if you backhop twice.

Having one art instead of two is just plain worse. I'd rather have Accel Rain plus something else, instead of just Accel Rain. If I want the bushido dodge to avoid the enemy's attacks, I'll just use Absolute Evasion as the second art and still have access to a more complete moveset than Adept would have.

Not to mention that, you remember that bows are extremely reliant on hitting weak spots consistently, right? A Bushido dodge pushes you so far out of the way it's not even funny, and you're going to have to spend time adjusting your aim and position again to hit decent parts.
>>
played the demo for a bit. Aerial HBG felt fun as fuck, fuck reloading I'll just jump off your head and smack you with my fucking gun.

Any other gunner styles that are fun as balls now?
>>
Aerial gunlance is so fun
If you hop and realize something'll hit you when you land you can fire for more air time, and I don't think any other weapon can do shit like that
>>
>>342309492
Oh. I never even knew that. Sorry.
>>
File: 1443888935203.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1443888935203.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>the easiest MH game yet
>made even easier with styles
>doesn't even have G mode
>>
>>342309724
There was that one GIF/WEBM floating around for a while that had a Glaive dodging Tigerstripe Zamtrios's returning water beam by doing a pheromone shot in mid-air to extend the air time.

>>342309663
Adept dodges give you something like a 10-second power boost.

Also you tried using rapid shots and doing X+A after stepping off the monster, right? You'll shoot yourself right over it.
>>
>>342309925
>the easiest MH game yet
no P3rd and 3U still hold this

>made even easier with styles
styles and arts still have huge risk huge reward elements to them
>doesn't even have G mode
the variant system/ticket system make up for this

that is pretty much your g rank
>>
>>342309808
If my post had a bit of venom to it, I apologize for that. I'm just tired of seeing people say that adept bow is the only good bow, when a good bow user shouldn't be getting hit in the first place.

Aerial bow is just pure masochism, but imagine doing some ultra-gimmicky Level 2 | Spread Lv5 shit with it for pure funsies.
>>
>>342309978
I haven't tried that shit, but now I kinda have to.

I like this new shit
>>
>>342310197
>3U
>easy
Are you joking me here? Stygian Zinogre was absolute hell, and Gold/Silver Raths are almost as bad as they are in 4U, though thankfully not QUITE as bad.

Never mind Abyssal Lagiacrus being a masochist's fantasy.

>>342309925
The game is easy BECAUSE of the styles, it isn't made "even easier" with them.

>>342310241
It's some fun stuff. Once you get real good with Aerial, you can learn to jump into non-projectile attacks and get i-frames from jumping off them, which can turn into shooting yourself straight over the monster and to the other side.

I can't say it's very good in terms of pure damage output, but it's still very fun.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS5z0_wqBv0#t=20

Kind of wish we could natively embed youtube videos straight into the image area, instead of needing to click or copy the link in the post.
>>
>>342310707
>#t=20
Whoops.

Slide it back to the beginning.
>>
>>342305335
What set is that?
>>
>>342311246
Skull Visage (High Rank)
Rebellion Mail (End of High Rank)
Ukanlos Gauntlets (End of High Rank)
Obituary Alae X Waist (Early G-Rank)
Ukanlos Greaves (End of High Rank)

The helm, body, gauntlets and boots alone will give you Honed Blade, plus a slot on the body that gets doubled, and a slot on... either the gauntlets or greaves, I think the gauntlets. I use that with a two-slot charm to get Speed Sharpener and Honed Blade.

Obituary Alae X is for +2 status and two slots, perfect for fitting in a Disabler 2 jewel to get +5 status.

So as little as a status+5 charm with two slots (not even an endgame charm) will give you Status +1, Speed Sharpener, and Honed Blade. This is perfect for my Zamtreacherous Maw which relies on the hack 'n' slash and phial burst to get in paralysis, yet doesn't have a whole lot of purple to work with.

That said, you could swap out the waist with other stuff. It won't look nearly as good, but it's pretty modular given that the primary skill is provided by just four pieces.
>>
>COME ON AND SLAM!
>>
File: image_15.jpg (255 KB, 1024x719) Image search: [Google]
image_15.jpg
255 KB, 1024x719
Is there an armor set picture for both male and female hunters?
>>
>>342310528
3U gives you 50 base defense without armor

its one of the easiest games
>>
>>342312253
>defence
>meaning anything
Sure the early game was a little less punishing but pretty much nothing changed about the endgame. You're able to achieve way higher defence values in 4U than you ever have been capable of in 3U and it still won't make up for an ability to git gud.
>>
Is this game actually challenging or do the styles actually invalidate everything?
>>
>>342312586
It doesn't have G-rank so that's right out. Bushido pretty much makes you untouchable, but it's not guaranteed to have the best damage output. Arts and certain styles become very, very strong and can deal untold levels of damage output.

The game CAN be challenging at the end, but it's easy to undo all of that if you only choose the strongest combinations of everything.

For me, the fun is in the hunts themselves, a sort of fair challenge, rather than testing my limits against the hardest things, so I'm gonna actively gimp myself by not trying to min/max everything this time.
>>
>>342306263
Honestly, and this is coming from a Great Sword main, I've been playing hunting horn a lot in the demo and between the encore system and adept style it feels so good. The encore system really shines when you are being aggressive and adept style allows you to stay close all the time. Finally there's a benefit to using the horn the way you are supposed to.
>>
>>
Wait for this game or get mh4u?
>>
File: FUCK DEVILJHO.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FUCK DEVILJHO.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>342314320
We're at the point where you probably won't get even close to finishing mh4u if you got it now, so get this, then when you feel like you're finished with it, go back to mh4u. They have some different monsters and the movesets are a bit different so it'll feel like a mostly different game, if a bit more restricting.
>>
>>342314513
Why won't I finish mh4u? Is coop really that important?
>>
>>342314801
Because these games have literal hundreds of hours worth of content, anon, and MHX is due in something like... 22 days?

First off you might want to wait eight days for the demo to come out to find out if you like the gameplay, first.
>>
30 fps
>>
>>342315050
>>342314801
Actually the MH4U demo might still be up. I don't know. Check for that.

>>342315092
I don't think it ever had higher than that 'til 3U/4U.

Besides, you don't play Monster Hunter for the graphics.
>>
>>342302040
be happy you at least get every other mh clone such as gods eater toukidan freedom wars and soul sacrifice delta
>>
Inb4 tier list is posted based off fastest kill times and autists get triggered
>>
Mhx reduces skill ceiling for charge blade by removing gp -> aed
Unforgivable
>>
File: 1461430510488.jpg (730 KB, 1280x1903) Image search: [Google]
1461430510488.jpg
730 KB, 1280x1903
You guys are blowing this out of proportion. I pirated MHX back when everyone was pirating shit for their 3DSes. It's a new Monster Hunter game. It's fun, it's got cool shit in it.

G-Rank was always a tacked on mess in the previous games. The game is overall a more cohesive experience than the previous games because High Rank isn't a flyover part of the game just to get to the end. G-Rank isn't even that hard in earlier games and it's clear that it's just tacked on each time.

The game is sufficiently difficult. Even with Bushido/Adept style, it isn't the best or easiest option for all weapons.

I am surprised you guys all didn't just hack your 3DSes and pirate MHX when it was huge. I can't believe there is any hype for this game at all given the thousands of people that already pirated MHX and played it.
>>
>>342307954
The double hit is more for when you know you can hit the monster both times. It takes a while for it to actually happen but is good for building up KO damage or mounting damage
>>
>>342316242
It's non Mon Jun players hyped from e3
Ofc actual players pirated/imported.
These guys are newbloods
>>
>>342316497
Some of us don't approve of pirating, or actually wanted to read the game's dialogue.
>>
>>342316497
I've been waiting on purpose to let my 4U burnout wear off. I've had my 3DS CFW'd for ages
>>
>>342316905
It's probably not that interesting anyway.

The dialogue is just something to get this to happen

>Oh man, you're a new hunter!
>Go kill shit
>Oh man, now there is like 4 villages, don't they look familiar?!
>Look at all these characters you remember from the old games!
>>
>>342306354

Nigger, you just made me super fucking hyped for Monster Hunter Gen.

Thank you, anon.
>>
>>342316497
I'm just too damn lazy to hack my 3DS

I did buy it on my Jap 3DS though.
>>
>>342317059
Probably not, but I still like reading it, especially given that some of those villages are going to be completely new to me, being a tribabby and all.
>>
File: 1407889767225.png (330 KB, 419x481) Image search: [Google]
1407889767225.png
330 KB, 419x481
>>342316242

I don't pirate because I don't have/want to, and I'd rather buy it legally and play it with my friends over the internet with my N3DS on the latest firmware.

This is not bait.
>>
>>342317272
You'll be really disappointed. The villages are Yakumo (Portable 3rd), Pokke (Freedom Unite) and some other village from MH. Unless the localization team somehow changes Yakumo to Mogi then you're fucked.
>>
>>342317332
You can play over the internet with pirated copies. The 3DS has no way to detect that shit.
>>
>>342317332
You can still play with friends on latest firmware. I'm okay with you not pirating if you don't want to but just saying that the latter is a nonissue
>>
>>342317459

Still don't give a shit.

If MHX doesn't get good enough sales, I'm not seeing my Monster Hunter Stories. You know Capcom is going to hold it hostage, you know this is true.
>>
>>342317272
Okay you know what, I'm gonna admit that my post here >>342316905 isn't totally true. On some level I don't approve of piracy, but ultimately that's just for myself. It has more to do with laziness as >>342317263 said than anything. The one time I was willing to set up my 3DS, it was actually more involved to do than it is now.

>>342317423
...Why? I'm still seeing a minimum of four new villages. I've had Moga in two games already, I'm fine with not seeing it. Yukumo seems like a lovely place.
>>
>>342317553

Mainly, my reason for not pirating, (like I said to >>342317459 ) is not because of the sake of pirating or some shit, but mainly because I want my mother fucking Monster Hunter Stories. And I feel if MHX doesn't get good sales in the West, Capcom will pull some nigger move and fuck us.
>>
>>342317627
Generations is supposed to be a nod to monster hunter fans. No one in the west has even seen Yakumo, because Portable 3rd, the game that introduced Japanese people to the third generation was never released in the US.
>>
>>342317774
...Yeah, and? It doesn't need to pander to my nostalgia for me to appreciate seeing where the series has come from.
>>
>>342317737
Mhx only came to west because a lot of people begged. I don't think we're getting stories
>>
>>342317613
>>342317737
You're seriously better off learning Japanese than waiting and hoping for spinoffs like that to get an english release
>>
>>342317613
that's why i'm buying X, because I want Stories
>>
File: 1429836444285.jpg (137 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1429836444285.jpg
137 KB, 803x688
>>342317923

Honestly, I'm 100 times more fucking excited about Stories than Monster Hunter Generations, and that has been since Summer 2015 when we got the teaser.

If Stories doesn't come to US, I'm gonna kill myself, or kill every single developer at Capcom.
>>
>>342318093

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I mean, don't get me wrong (I loved 4U, a lot, still do), I'm kind of looking forward to MHX, but NOWHERE near as much as Stories.

Especially after the latest trailer/teaser they gave us last month for Stories. I shat my fucking pants because I'm so fucking hyped.
>>
>>342318236
You'd better start practicing your knots then
>>
>>342318236
>>342318374
Better start learning jap
>>
>>342318384

Digging up my Boy Scout handbook. I'm doing this right the first time.

Seriously, FUCK Capcom.
>>
>>342314196
>>342314357
When the fuck did they amp up the anime? This what MHX is all about?
I don't hate it
>>
>>342318731
They added Hunter Arts, which are basically super moves that charge up from damaging monsters. Depending on which style you use you can equip 1-3 of them. There are generic ones that can be used with any weapon (like a super dodge) and weapon specific ones.
>>
SA main here that's most likely going Aerial style because goddamn that double air slice is sexy. I've been meaning to pick up a secondary weapon for a long time, but could never settle on one. Here are my options...

>SnS
The weapon I cut my teeth on MH back in Tri, would be nice to come back to it.

>HH
Tried to pick it up in 4U, but all the song combos turned me off.

>Hammer
Gotta have a blunt option, and there's only 2 choices. Sadly I've never touched a hammer in my hundreds of hours playing MH.

>Bow
Always wanted to do a ranged weapon and it's supposed to be the most melee friendly ranged weapon.
>>
>>342319342
Nice blog, just play whatever Jesus Christ. Pick one, hate it? Pick another. Noone cares what weapon you use except tier lists fags
As long as you don't play ls, lance or GL online you're fine
>>
>>342319590

>not playing Lance online

What? Why wouldn't I play Lance online? Is it shit again?
>>
>>342320063
You'll trip every melee hunter in your group
>>
>>342320237
No, they'll fucking trip you, retard.
>>
>>342320423
Fucking how? If you're standing right on top of their dick? The pokes have the narrowest fucking hitbox in the world.
>>
>>342320423
*Uses charge poke*
>>
>>342320572
That was meant for >>342320237
>>
>>342319342
You're going to be using Aerial on some things and Striker on everything else, trust me. SA Striker is so damn OP it makes 90% of SAs not even worth making and it's laughably OP.
>>
>>342321783
How do you know its op, it's just a demo
>>
>>342321903
The game has been out for months
>>
>>342322141
It's not out yet
>>
>>342322282
It's Monster Hunter Cross with all the JDLC cut out of it, most people who wanted to beat it burnt out on it. Shit game, desu.
>>
>>342322985
Cross isn't generations
>>
>>342323525
Yes it is
>>
>>342321783
Striker SA loses the sword double slash though, Guild would probably be a better fit unless it's difficult connecting both hits on the monster
>>
>>342320592
What fucking charge poke? You mean the charging attack where you run forward? Holy shit, if you mean that you really are fucking retarded. You barely use that in singleplayer let alone multiplayer. It's not like it's one of its main attacks, you retard.
>>
>>342324046
Yeah, that's how it WAS.
But apparently there's some new feature about striker and lance in MHX that makes "charge constantly" do tons of damage.
>>
File: Screenshot_35.png (210 KB, 393x400) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_35.png
210 KB, 393x400
>>342322985
>JDLC cut out of it
no
>>
>>342324046
Not him, but Striker gives the Lance charge poke a massive boost in power
>>
>>342324218
Holy fucking shit, you really are retarded. Have you even played the fucking game? I played MHX fucking months ago and mained the lance for over 200 hours and none of hwat you said makes any fucking sense.
>>
>>342308514
adept bow is actually considered borderline OP due to how strong getting instant level 3 is
>>
>>342324315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiORv0Tu9Zs
this is what he means
>>
>>342323898
Guild is viable too, but Striker charges arts faster and with that last slot, can have the OP energy charge/devilish swordsman combo AND retalative evasion to keep sharpness up without sheathing.

>>342324251
>data from demo
>relevant

kek
>>
>>342324881
explain how its irrelevant
>>
File: [inflation intensifies].png (215 KB, 726x533) Image search: [Google]
[inflation intensifies].png
215 KB, 726x533
>>342324470
That's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>342324987
they can remove it in the actual game
>>
I want demo now. I'm sick of not being able to progress solo in g2 because of how shit I am.
>>
>>342325902
Then fucking give in and play with others then
>>
File: japanese bike merchant.png (399 KB, 553x691) Image search: [Google]
japanese bike merchant.png
399 KB, 553x691
>>342325902
wait 9 days or pay $4 to humble bundle, goy.
>>
>>342326050
I want free demo now
>>
File: 1428782999794.jpg (455 KB, 727x1024) Image search: [Google]
1428782999794.jpg
455 KB, 727x1024
>>342326072
That humble bundle is already over anon. So that guy is shit out of luck.
>>
>>342326072
>pay $4 to humble bundle, goy.
humble promo is gone. its officially just wait 9 days now
>>
File: smug anime monsters.jpg (44 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
smug anime monsters.jpg
44 KB, 400x229
>>342326403
>>342326431
sucks for him, then
>>
>>342326547
really does. I got sent codes for ORAS, Smash and 4U but didnt get this one and I got pissed then I remembered my 3DS has CFW so I could just wait for someone to dump it
>>
Why did they name it generations? there's already a MHG in japan.
This shit is almost as confusing as the whole early final fantasy numbering.

>>342324470
>lagiacrus without swimming in the game
He always felt really easy on land. So did they give him some new moves or moves from ivory lagiacrus to make him more dangerous?
>>
>>342300815
Agreed. Even GS which should benefit heavily from it can make good use out of it, but the real damage dealer, the Quick Charge Smash attack is almost impossible to aim or get a chance to use since most monsters recover too quickly or you just dodged in the middle of a combo.
>>
>>342326719
Imagine Khezu. Now imagine Khezu fucked Kirin. The resulting monster is an AoE Frontier shitfest, not even really that difficult just tedious as all hell.
>>
>>342326862
>can make good use...
I meant "can't" make good use of it.
>>
>>342301486
If they close the window they need to buff its retaliations (honestly need to do that for some weapons anyways) otherwise it won't be worth the fucking effort.
>>
>>342305335
But for most weapon classes G rank will give them far more and better armor skills.
>>
When are they going to put another Monster Hunter on the WiiU?
It's really not fair.

3U was fantastic and i've played it to death since release.
>>
hows this game on a regular 3ds XL? i was thinking of upgrading to a N3ds but that seems like a waste for just one game
>>
>>342326719
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP -Lagiacrus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLevj9k1b8&feature=youtu.be&t=241
>>
>>342327510
What chest armor is the IG player wearing? That thing looks cool, skills are probably shit but whatever.
>>
>>342327362
Never. Because their casual market plays the games on handhelds, and the popular handheld in the market they choose to make games for is a fucking heap of garbage hardware wise.
>>
>>342316242
Basically this. The only reason everyone cared so much about the G rank games was because of the amount of content that meant. Having a High rank game with equal content just means less refighting stupid shit again for a third rank. Although new G rank armors will be missed. Unless this game has unique high rank armor this time around?
>>
>>342327690
Ostgaloa armor #2. It has two skills, one increases HA charge rate, another increases their potency. It's also fully recolorable, like Grand Mizuha.
>>
>>342326676
You can use CIAngel or the Freeshop to pirate the demo from nintendos servers.
>>
File: 7894742345.jpg (42 KB, 552x504) Image search: [Google]
7894742345.jpg
42 KB, 552x504
aerial GS. you're welcome.
>>
>>342328032
>less refighting stupid shit
>equal content
If only you knew the sheer degree you are fucking wrong.

>>342328186
Only GS style worse than Bushido.
>>
File: 1462750319316.jpg (268 KB, 1000x896) Image search: [Google]
1462750319316.jpg
268 KB, 1000x896
>>342326940
It's actually over Frontier levels.
It is a monster made of nothing but AoEs, which not even Frontier dares to do because they know it's shit.
And on top of that the AoEs are crap too.

Poor Laggy got a very hard shaft.
>>
File: please reconsider.png (166 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
please reconsider.png
166 KB, 250x250
>9days for free demo
Guess I'll do a fresh run with longsword in MH4U, which will come first?
Me hitting G-rank or the demo coming out
>>
>>342329016
demo is already out
even a way for US residents to get it without the use of homebrew.
>>
File: you can't have my bath.jpg (552 KB, 1200x768) Image search: [Google]
you can't have my bath.jpg
552 KB, 1200x768
>>342329016
>See that crop reposted all the time
>Can never find the full image of it

FUCK
>>
>>342324251
Not saying the original name was any better, but why is Capcom's English localizing team are so shit at their job?
>>
File: open for hunting.jpg (25 KB, 269x221) Image search: [Google]
open for hunting.jpg
25 KB, 269x221
>>342329496
>>
So, how do aerial style dodge iframes work? It seems like it has some really generous invincibility time as well, although not as much as bushido of course.
>>
>>342329957
Only thing I can think of is that Non-native english people have the say so. So they don't know it sounds fucking retarded over here.
>>
I'm HBG primary, GS secondary (although I'm thinking I'll switch to GL).

What styles are best for me?
>>
>>342330303
Considering you literally pick what style you want from your equipment box whenever the fuck you want, it doesn't matter.
>>
Male or Female character?

I've played as male in all the four games I've played so far. Might change things up a bit, even though the tankier sets look pretty bad on females.
>>
>>342330868
Pick what weapon you're going to use.

Look up the optimal end game set for that weapon.

Pick Female or Male based on how it looks.
>>
>>342330990
It's gonna be some kind of rathalos armor in any case.
>>
>>342330868
Most of the time it's males for full sets, females for mix sets.
>>
>>342324470

Are you fucking serious? Did they just happen to give the monsters in MHX some lead paint chips to make them all retarded?

That was at least a whole minute of both the hunter and the Lagi doing their own respective fucking actions over and over again.
>>
File: 1364681075840.jpg (35 KB, 650x330) Image search: [Google]
1364681075840.jpg
35 KB, 650x330
>>342303052
>main SA since Tri
>now have to deal with bandwagoners hopping on the weapon because of infinite sword mode or aerial style
>>
>>342331660

Likewise, amigo. We must endure the niggers who think of nothing but memes.
>>
>>342324470
Uh oh. They made a tribute to MonHun 1. Headlock is back.
>>
File: 57191771_p16.jpg (260 KB, 958x949) Image search: [Google]
57191771_p16.jpg
260 KB, 958x949
>MHGen has two sources of Dash Extracts
>>
File: saya1.jpg (157 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
saya1.jpg
157 KB, 640x360
>>342331660
>get into MH by emulating P3rd
>main SA, since it's 1) an axe 2) a transformer weapon
>but it didn't feel quite right in either of those aspects
>4U comes out
>instantly fall in love with CB
>it's the perfect transformer weapon with heavy axe mode
>bandwagoners and jealous memers ruin it
>they move onto SA in MHGen while I'm left with a broken weapon to pick up the pieces
>>
>>342331660
>>
>>342332245
And when they broke for Gen it they didn't actually fix the one thing that was wrong, the KO output.

It's sad really.
>>
File: b.jpg (33 KB, 523x476) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
33 KB, 523x476
>all these butthurt elitist autists who are mad that people might pick their weapon of choice now
>>
>>342332560
Welcome to MH, newfriend. One of the few co-op games with exclusively competitive playerbase.
>>
>>342332810
>competitive playerbase
>mh
said no one ever
>>
>>342332810
Are you joking or memeing too?
>>
>>342332560
>DB will forever remain mid tier and never become a spicy meme used by everyone
No worries here
>>
File: 198063234856785.png (143 KB, 400x404) Image search: [Google]
198063234856785.png
143 KB, 400x404
>>342333393
>>
>>342302498

You realize you can Bushido dodge through both the confuse cloud AND his sleep beam, right?

>>342300476

Every style has a downside, I fucking hate aerial because the dodge takes longer, and you generally lose super useful abilities (power/arc shots for Bow, ground charging for GS).

Bushido is great for Bow, other ranged weapons have a forced reload after a dodge, so you're vulnerable there if you're against a quick monster. Melee weapons have problems with spacing, so SA and DB get fucked if you're used to staying close range with those small dodges.

Striker has the most limited basic moveset in exchange for three skills and the ability to spam them (they charge by using other skills), but if you only equip damage dealing skills you can really hurt the monster.

Guild is great if you love the older games, but it has no other bonuses.
>>
File: 1386568513941.png (42 KB, 590x594) Image search: [Google]
1386568513941.png
42 KB, 590x594
Started with MH4U but I saw a used cheap copy of 3U the other day and playing through it right now. Really liking the locations, I have a thing for beaches and the sea so Deserted Island is maximum comfiness, nothing like walking through forest rivers leading to the sandy beach.
>>
>>342333562
DB bushido is literally an attack in itself, so repositioning from dushidodge is a non-issue for them, it is one of the weapons that utilize bushido best.
Although I'd say Hammer is the best BM weapon to use it on, since bushidodge puts you in a super charge mode, in which you can move freely and don't have to commit to a counter attack immediately after.
>>
>>342333610
MH has REALLY nice and scenic locations, too bad their beauty is often lost on the player. Doubly so, first because of low 3DS resolution, and second, because you just don't have much time to enjoy the scenery while fighting huge monsters.
>>
>>342333754

>DB bushido is literally an attack in itself

Didn't realize that since I'm not a DB user, Bushido SA is pretty bland though.

Bow was one of my top 3 weapons in MH4U, so I'm loving Bushido.
>>
I want the free hunt from tri to return, I would sometimes just use it to roam around the area because it was so nice and surprisingly peaceful unless a big mon dropped in
>>
>>342334047
Get ready to be called a shitter and a memer for using Bow in MHGen.
>>
>>342330125
You seem to initiate the jump just as the attack revs up, as long as you collide with the kick up you shouldnt get damaged

You can jump up from charging monsters even if you get it right
>>
>>342334398
So, if you collide with the monster as you're doing the salto animation, you're invincible?
>>
>>342334518
Yeah, if you have the demo you can easily demonstrate it by dodging roars or the owls charge
>>
Hammer bro here. I have a feeling I'll just stick with the vanilla guild style. None of the other styles clicked with me.
>>
>>342334682
I have the demo and the full game, but I just don't like aerial style as a concept. I tried it once or twice, but didn't practice the iframe abuse too much.
>>
>>342334227

That's fine, I was called a shitter for using bows other than Kama Sedition in MH4U. Also, I've played with those types already, it's pretty obvious they've never used Gunner weapons, 80% of the Bow users I've played with weren't even at critical range.
>>
>>342335003
That's not exactly what I meant.
Kama Sedition was really strong and deviating from the cookie cutter build was suboptimal.
In MHGen it's the other way around. Bow and especially bushido bow is really strong, so expect an influx of unskilled hunters flocking to the weapon.
>>
>>342333562
>Guild is great if you love the older games, but it has no other bonuses.

Well it has two slots for arts, so there's that.
>>
>>342335386
And it loses nothing from its moveset, making it most complete
>>
>>342335132

Yeah that was kind of a bad comparison, I was just pointing out Bow users get shit on a lot.

People just like to shit on whatever is good at the moment because they like to feel superior. IG in MH4U was really easy to fuck over other players with, but if you knew how to play it well and timed your mounts you could really help the team out and deal massive damage.
>>
File: 5(260).png (99 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
5(260).png
99 KB, 480x280
>mfw no code for demo
>>
>>342335386

I meant non-arte bonuses, Aerial has the kick-jump, Bushi has the dodge, and Striker has spammability since it feeds it's own playstyle.
>>
>>342335567
>latefags
>>
If you aint guild style sns then you are a nobody
>>
>MH3U
Dual swords
>MH4U
Insect Glaive

Dunno what to go with in Generations. Maybe SnS for once
>>
>>342326719
Capcom calls it MHGen so who fucking cares?
>>
>>342335567

That reminds me, I have a code. Anyone want it? Just post an email and I'll send it to you.
>>
File: ss (2016-06-22 at 01.44.43).png (5 KB, 177x51) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-22 at 01.44.43).png
5 KB, 177x51
First person to post shoe on head with email gets a code.
>>
File: fuck you and fuck your beam.webm (2 MB, 848x456) Image search: [Google]
fuck you and fuck your beam.webm
2 MB, 848x456
>>342335605
It has the bonus of not losing moves and not having the player going "wait what the fuck did this move do again"
>>
Is there a guide to weapons/arts and their movesets, preferable combinations somewhere? What are some most effective weapons in mhg?
>>
>>342336365
There is. The ones that you're good with.
>>
File: oh well.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
oh well.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>342336281
>somone will do this
>that said someone would rather do this dumb degrading shit then spend an hour or so hacking his 3ds and getting the japanese version and the demo for free
>>
>>342336365
Gaijin Hunter on Youtube.
>>
>>342336365
Gaijinhunter has videos for each weapon in the game. Though he'll be right about some things, take some of his opinions with a grain of salt and make your own observations. Sometimes he accidentally leaves out some information.

After all, how many people here know that you can go straight into Burst 1 (and thus axe mode) right after loading phials in CB's sword mode? Works in both 4U and Gen, it's seldom used for a reason.
>>
>>342332245
u wot m8, Adept CB in MHGen is amazing
>>
>>342336827
His videos do a great job at showcasing weapon moves, styles and in some cases motion values. Just gather the dry facts from them, and form your own opinion.
Every semi-competent CB user does.
>>
Is there any reason not use striker over guild with SnS?
>>
I've never played Monster Hunter before, but since I got myself a 3DS I might as well try. Do you have any tips for a newbie in MH4U? What weapons are good for beginners?
>>
>>342337539
No. That's why striker is the most used style on SnS and SnS is the weapon striker styled is used the most with.
>>
>>342337539
If you really want 4U's backhop.
>>
>>342337565
There is no beginner weapon. Try them all out and stick with the one you liked the most.
You don't even have to choose one, you can play one quest with one weapon and the next with another. Although doing so would obviously entail higher maintenance cost - more weapons means you need more materials and money, as well as more time to hunt more monsters. Also melee weapons and ranged weapons use different armor types too.
>>
>>342336159

[email protected]
>>
>>342337565

Honestly, just try them all. Though do be aware that gunner weapons are fairly expensive to maintain early on, if you go with those, try to save your money and buy most ammo during half off sales.

Personally, the weapons i go with on a new game are GS, SNS, HH, or Hammer. If i can make a decent Power Shot bow then I'll keep that around for shits and giggles too.
>>
>>342337565
starting out you need to strike a good balance between playing it safe and pushing yourself. you need to be patient so you can learn monsters and their movements/attack, but you should also striving to land an extra attack or aiming at a weak spot. sword and shield i feel is the best beginner weapons because it isn't really "gimmicky" and all the attacks are pretty quick, so you can learn how to commit to attacks at your own pace while learning the general gameplay. after you feel you can handle the controls well, you can move onto different slower weapons.
>>
>>342338054
Power shot is baseline for all Bows in MHGen.
>>
>>342338227

He was specifically asking about 4U.
>>
>>342338052

Sent ;)
>>
>>342338292
>new game
The new game is MHGen.
>>
I think I'm going to try gunlance this time around, it's the only weapon I haven't really used at all along with lance and well, gunlance is cooler

What are some important skills for gunlance? Is guard/evasion + a must?
>>
>>342338334

Im aware i said new game, but i was giving advice to someone who asked about 4U.

>>342337565
>Do you have any tips for a newbie in MH4U? What weapons are good for beginners?
>>
>>342337565
Short answer is to try them all. After the first two tutorial quests that tell you to gather shit, you unlock a whole bunch of weapon tutorials that pit you into the arena with the weapon and a Great Jaggi. The only tutorial there that doesn't really do its respective weapon justice is Bow, as you're stuck using the arc shot.

I notice some beginners are often drawn to Long Sword and Dual Blades, and then they move to something else when they hit a brick wall.
>>
>>342338334
MHX is over 8 months old
>>
>>342338586
Thanks, Captain.
>>
File: 1462515866733.jpg (48 KB, 284x309) Image search: [Google]
1462515866733.jpg
48 KB, 284x309
>>342338328

>actually worked

Damn anon thanks a ton.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.